Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any activity/hobbies recommends?
1 2
Some low-investment hobbies could be learning some cooking recipes so you have something fun to eat, or physical coloring (you can print coloring pages or get a book/calendar to color), super low investment would be digital coloring, if you use a phone/tablet/computer that you already have.

Slightly more of an investment but pays off is learning how and getting some supplies to alter/mend clothing. You can fix clothes if you get a hole or lose a button or even make clothes fit better or look cooler.

Activities: go for little walks and/or do yoga/stretching
Some low-investment hobbies could be learning some cooking recipes so you have something fun to eat, or physical coloring (you can print coloring pages or get a book/calendar to color), super low investment would be digital coloring, if you use a phone/tablet/computer that you already have.

Slightly more of an investment but pays off is learning how and getting some supplies to alter/mend clothing. You can fix clothes if you get a hole or lose a button or even make clothes fit better or look cooler.

Activities: go for little walks and/or do yoga/stretching
art of a yellow winged cat standing on a book, linking to the thread the badge was froma fake item ribbon with trans and rainbow flag colors linking to a thread with more ribbons/art of a traveling Light flight Spiral dragon linking to the artist
Line dancing is a super easy thing to get into! YouTube has some easy-to-follow tutorials!
Line dancing is a super easy thing to get into! YouTube has some easy-to-follow tutorials!
buy a yoyo and learn some tricks if u have the money, it's surprisingly fun
buy a yoyo and learn some tricks if u have the money, it's surprisingly fun
Untitled280_20231108180113.png
Crochet. And revel in the knowledge that no machines can replicate this. You will be joining in a hobby that many people partake in. Defy the machines.
Crochet. And revel in the knowledge that no machines can replicate this. You will be joining in a hobby that many people partake in. Defy the machines.
tumblr_inline_o23j1zjnqA1r3lvtf_500.png
I for sure agree on crochet. It's a surprisingly good time-killer and when a project is finished, you get something awesome YOU made! That fact's super motivating to me! You do have to buy hooks and yarn though, I think I spent around 30-40 bucks to start things off :))

If I'm not crocheting to pass the time I'll go and explore the music world. You never know, maybe you'll end up loving a random band from like 2000 with 100 monthly listeners! It's very fun checking out random things from a whole bunch of genres.

edit: just corrections
I for sure agree on crochet. It's a surprisingly good time-killer and when a project is finished, you get something awesome YOU made! That fact's super motivating to me! You do have to buy hooks and yarn though, I think I spent around 30-40 bucks to start things off :))

If I'm not crocheting to pass the time I'll go and explore the music world. You never know, maybe you'll end up loving a random band from like 2000 with 100 monthly listeners! It's very fun checking out random things from a whole bunch of genres.

edit: just corrections
thanks DISCORD for messing up my forum signature that I was very proud of

Cooking up a new one using imgur or something because discord sucks :rage:
A good hobby that you can get in to and have it end up being free is reading.
You can get e-readers for your phone from the app store and there are websites like library genesis that has copies of books if you are on a budget. Also just having an amazon membership opens you up to all of their free books which are hundreds. There is regularly "stuff your kindle" days where you can "claim" books for free that aren't usually free.

Crocheting is a surprisingly low barrier for entry as well with all the simple to follow youtube videos. I learned how with just one skein of yarn because I would unravel my work and start all over until I knew it well.
A good hobby that you can get in to and have it end up being free is reading.
You can get e-readers for your phone from the app store and there are websites like library genesis that has copies of books if you are on a budget. Also just having an amazon membership opens you up to all of their free books which are hundreds. There is regularly "stuff your kindle" days where you can "claim" books for free that aren't usually free.

Crocheting is a surprisingly low barrier for entry as well with all the simple to follow youtube videos. I learned how with just one skein of yarn because I would unravel my work and start all over until I knew it well.
Yandet-rowan.gif
she/they
ping me!
1fiscod.png
(click me!)
Walkin'. Whenever I'm feeling down or angry or even just particularly bored, going for a walk always helps clear my head! Both in nature and in cities there's a lot of benefit if you can!

On a similar note: running has been taking up it's fair share of my time recently. Just get some comfortable shoes (make sure the toes aren't too tight - a lot of people (myself included) make that mistake!) and an idea of a safe route, and you're good to go. You can bring a friend along too :)

For indoors-y stuff, writing, reading, and drawing is my go-to. As mentioned before, there's free (or nearly free) ways to do all three, and barrier to entry is about zero
Walkin'. Whenever I'm feeling down or angry or even just particularly bored, going for a walk always helps clear my head! Both in nature and in cities there's a lot of benefit if you can!

On a similar note: running has been taking up it's fair share of my time recently. Just get some comfortable shoes (make sure the toes aren't too tight - a lot of people (myself included) make that mistake!) and an idea of a safe route, and you're good to go. You can bring a friend along too :)

For indoors-y stuff, writing, reading, and drawing is my go-to. As mentioned before, there's free (or nearly free) ways to do all three, and barrier to entry is about zero
JGJgvgA.png
Edit: Hi everyone sorry if this sounds angry, all of you have given me a lot of recommendations thank you!

Are crochet instructions always confusing? I bearly understand a thing and they’re beginning instructions
Edit: Hi everyone sorry if this sounds angry, all of you have given me a lot of recommendations thank you!

Are crochet instructions always confusing? I bearly understand a thing and they’re beginning instructions
sfVMa01.png nafQSbU.png
5eFg1Yt.png
7FieAqK.png
@SteamPowerPotato Hello!! Yeah, the abbreviations can be really confusing at times, and it's totally normal to not get what it means when just starting out! Are you using written patterns or a tutorial video? If you're reading a pattern I fully recommend watching a few tutorial videos on Youtube about the basic stitches. There are plenty of slow tutorials that walk you through the motions In detail. When I started out I worked on projects with those stitches like a scarf or blanket until I was comfortable with my abilities. It's okay if things look wonky the first day, you're learning! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@SteamPowerPotato

Hello!! Yeah, the abbreviations can be really confusing at times, and it's totally normal to not get what it means when just starting out! Are you using written patterns or a tutorial video?

If you're reading a pattern I fully recommend watching a few tutorial videos on Youtube about the basic stitches. There are plenty of slow tutorials that walk you through the motions In detail.

When I started out I worked on projects with those stitches like a scarf or blanket until I was comfortable with my abilities. It's okay if things look wonky the first day, you're learning!

thanks DISCORD for messing up my forum signature that I was very proud of

Cooking up a new one using imgur or something because discord sucks :rage:
1 2