Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 85 86
Today I reread a oneshot with the most hilarious gall of blind dating ever. Super paraphrasing because a quote would have too much context needing explanation:

"Date ended early because the guy you set me up with just got arrested! For possibly being an actual serial killer! The police are taking my car to check for trackers in case he was stalking me!"

"Oh my god I'm SO sorry! but don't worry I know this GREAT guy who can come pick you up and let you spend the night at his place in case of the stalker thing, you'll love him don't worry I'm calling him for you right now-"

What's a book you'd recommend to almost anyone?

Any one of the short story collections about Wooster & Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse. The slang might be a bit dated for modern readers but the humor is top-notch (and clean, even kids could enjoy it aside from the likely impenetrable slang issue)
Today I reread a oneshot with the most hilarious gall of blind dating ever. Super paraphrasing because a quote would have too much context needing explanation:

"Date ended early because the guy you set me up with just got arrested! For possibly being an actual serial killer! The police are taking my car to check for trackers in case he was stalking me!"

"Oh my god I'm SO sorry! but don't worry I know this GREAT guy who can come pick you up and let you spend the night at his place in case of the stalker thing, you'll love him don't worry I'm calling him for you right now-"

Any one of the short story collections about Wooster & Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse. The slang might be a bit dated for modern readers but the humor is top-notch (and clean, even kids could enjoy it aside from the likely impenetrable slang issue)
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
Today I read Camp Damascus by Chuck Tingle. It was definitely a horror read, but I enjoyed it a lot! Reminded me a bit of Hell Followed with Us by Andrew Joseph White, just in terms of cathartic queer horror that deals with religious trauma.

It's also a bit cheating, but I also read one of my own poems out loud for the launch party of the undergrad mag issue I'm being published in! First time for publishing and for reading my stuff out loud in a non-academic setting.

It's sort of cheating to just say an author's whole body of work, but K O'Neill's stories and art are very dear to me. The Tea Dragon Society series and The Moth Keeper are both favorites of mine. A single book would be How Much of These Hills is Gold by C Pam Zhang which is definitely not for everyone because it has content that's very serious and can be triggering, but it's one of those books that really stuck with me. One of the two undergrad papers I really enjoyed writing was over it.
Today I read Camp Damascus by Chuck Tingle. It was definitely a horror read, but I enjoyed it a lot! Reminded me a bit of Hell Followed with Us by Andrew Joseph White, just in terms of cathartic queer horror that deals with religious trauma.

It's also a bit cheating, but I also read one of my own poems out loud for the launch party of the undergrad mag issue I'm being published in! First time for publishing and for reading my stuff out loud in a non-academic setting.

It's sort of cheating to just say an author's whole body of work, but K O'Neill's stories and art are very dear to me. The Tea Dragon Society series and The Moth Keeper are both favorites of mine. A single book would be How Much of These Hills is Gold by C Pam Zhang which is definitely not for everyone because it has content that's very serious and can be triggering, but it's one of those books that really stuck with me. One of the two undergrad papers I really enjoyed writing was over it.
92bcc7d7d689fe286303c49e683f598a68d2fe58.png
read back some parts of Dungeon Meshi for an upcoming project. delight work as always that also makes me want to write 10 pages on it.

I'd rec Mushishi by Yuki Urushibara. truly beautiful and great time reading but good luck finding it in english(digital English translation is around I believe its been archived) but its so good and as a manga each chapters are already quick but each story is contained in its chapter so great for having little time. its a wonderful experience. that said theres also an anime if folks want to watch instead(both mediums are 10/10 tbh).
read back some parts of Dungeon Meshi for an upcoming project. delight work as always that also makes me want to write 10 pages on it.

I'd rec Mushishi by Yuki Urushibara. truly beautiful and great time reading but good luck finding it in english(digital English translation is around I believe its been archived) but its so good and as a manga each chapters are already quick but each story is contained in its chapter so great for having little time. its a wonderful experience. that said theres also an anime if folks want to watch instead(both mediums are 10/10 tbh).
youuuuuu guessed it! more dragon fic reading hehe. im almost caught up with it, though, and after that i'll probably start the library book i checked out the other day

daily question: see now that's hard because recommendation depends so much on the person. just because i love the book doesn't mean they will. i really have to know the person's tastes and preferences first. im best at recommending fantasy and sci fi, since that's what i primarily read. if a person who's into mystery/thriller, contemporary, or romance asks me for a rec, i've got nothing x3

maybe i'll recommend kurt vonnegut's cat's cradle cuz that's just a good (head in hands) time
youuuuuu guessed it! more dragon fic reading hehe. im almost caught up with it, though, and after that i'll probably start the library book i checked out the other day

daily question: see now that's hard because recommendation depends so much on the person. just because i love the book doesn't mean they will. i really have to know the person's tastes and preferences first. im best at recommending fantasy and sci fi, since that's what i primarily read. if a person who's into mystery/thriller, contemporary, or romance asks me for a rec, i've got nothing x3

maybe i'll recommend kurt vonnegut's cat's cradle cuz that's just a good (head in hands) time
DRAGONS !
April 25
I'm onto reading the analysis section at the back of Fahrenheit 451! So far, I've just got to the publishing process, so there aren't as many good quotes, but it's really interesting to see how so much of what Bradbury wrote earlier lead to this.

Probably the Hunger Games series! I had put off reading it for years because I didn't think I would like it, but I absolutely loved it and I feel like it sometimes gets overshadowed by its own cultural relevance. It truly does have some great overarching themes and writing.
THEN, adding onto that, I would beg anyone to PLEASE read Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. It is just SO good. The song symbolism is expanded so much and I love the symbolism of Lucy Gray as an entire character. Just beautiful, it's definitely worth your time- I would say its more of a thematic prequel than an actual "how did this happen" prequel, which I much prefer.
April 25
I'm onto reading the analysis section at the back of Fahrenheit 451! So far, I've just got to the publishing process, so there aren't as many good quotes, but it's really interesting to see how so much of what Bradbury wrote earlier lead to this.

Probably the Hunger Games series! I had put off reading it for years because I didn't think I would like it, but I absolutely loved it and I feel like it sometimes gets overshadowed by its own cultural relevance. It truly does have some great overarching themes and writing.
THEN, adding onto that, I would beg anyone to PLEASE read Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. It is just SO good. The song symbolism is expanded so much and I love the symbolism of Lucy Gray as an entire character. Just beautiful, it's definitely worth your time- I would say its more of a thematic prequel than an actual "how did this happen" prequel, which I much prefer.
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
[quote=Death's End by Liu Cixin]But the people in the hall seemed to be doing nothing. Half of them were in military uniforms, but they all either stood leaning against a desk or sat still. Everyone had dull eyes, and all had the same ominous calm expression that was on Cao Bin's face. [i]It shouldn't be like this.[/i][/quote] [b]Question of the Day (THURSDAY):[/b] [i]What’s a book you’d recommend to almost anyone?[/i] Hmm. I'm trying to think of a book that would appeal to a bunch of different people with a bunch of different tastes. And I think it might actually be The Wizard of Oz by Frank Baum, but the version illustrated by Charles Santore. The story is classic, doesn't lean too hard into any particular genre, and the illustrations are absolutely stunning. And HUGE. Even if you aren't a big reader or you don't like fantasy, whether you're an adult or a child, the book is a feast for the eyes.
Death's End by Liu Cixin wrote:
But the people in the hall seemed to be doing nothing. Half of them were in military uniforms, but they all either stood leaning against a desk or sat still. Everyone had dull eyes, and all had the same ominous calm expression that was on Cao Bin's face.

It shouldn't be like this.

Question of the Day (THURSDAY):

What’s a book you’d recommend to almost anyone?

Hmm. I'm trying to think of a book that would appeal to a bunch of different people with a bunch of different tastes. And I think it might actually be The Wizard of Oz by Frank Baum, but the version illustrated by Charles Santore. The story is classic, doesn't lean too hard into any particular genre, and the illustrations are absolutely stunning. And HUGE. Even if you aren't a big reader or you don't like fantasy, whether you're an adult or a child, the book is a feast for the eyes.
nPGTVwx.png
Another day, another few pages through the SVSSS tag back catalogue on AO3, I'm travelling backwards in time via reading. I'm in 2022 now.

The Hogfather by Terry Pratchett; easy-to-read writing, very funny characters and setting, plus large themes on human nature and caring. Its my favourite winter holiday story
Another day, another few pages through the SVSSS tag back catalogue on AO3, I'm travelling backwards in time via reading. I'm in 2022 now.

The Hogfather by Terry Pratchett; easy-to-read writing, very funny characters and setting, plus large themes on human nature and caring. Its my favourite winter holiday story
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png m2YbpzO.png Xx3ZGyj.png
Daily reading

Just webtoons today, had a headache for most of the day.

Uhhhhhhhhhh... to be honest, I can't really think of one because my tastes tend to be pretty specific. Maybe the Circle of Magic books for anyone who likes fantasy and who doesn't mind reading children's lit.

Daily reading

Just webtoons today, had a headache for most of the day.

Uhhhhhhhhhh... to be honest, I can't really think of one because my tastes tend to be pretty specific. Maybe the Circle of Magic books for anyone who likes fantasy and who doesn't mind reading children's lit.

GZJetP5.pngp0ktFPn.png1cqnXuZ.png6PSSZLJ.png
Read a teeny bit more of Necropolis, but need to knock out, so I'll continue tomorrow. Getting into the medieval death practices, with the black death on the horizon.

Question: What's a book you'd recommend to almost anyone?
Uhhh. Hmm. I tend to read rather odd books, so I don't have many broad recommendations... Entangled Life, perhaps? Everyone and everything on earth relies on fungi, and I think that book is a great look at that.
Read a teeny bit more of Necropolis, but need to knock out, so I'll continue tomorrow. Getting into the medieval death practices, with the black death on the horizon.

Question: What's a book you'd recommend to almost anyone?
Uhhh. Hmm. I tend to read rather odd books, so I don't have many broad recommendations... Entangled Life, perhaps? Everyone and everything on earth relies on fungi, and I think that book is a great look at that.
NM0r94k.png Ala3t4v.png
D9xaprH.png
ypcKWM0.png
9R2Unq1.png
nnBylsC.png
ZqTATLu.png
V9BoEMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
7UXlQKU.gif
q9EEy5M.png
878OlvW.png
Daily Reading: Still working through Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. Goodreads tells me I'm about 60% done. Nosed at some fanfic too.
Daily Reading: Still working through Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. Goodreads tells me I'm about 60% done. Nosed at some fanfic too.
raccoon.png
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 85 86