Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | scrying a veilspun and...
1 2
i randomized the tert a few times. the beetle gene is... huh. [img]https://files.catbox.moe/4sb0j7.png[/img] [img]https://files.catbox.moe/kbl8jj.png[/img] (colors aren't actually my veil's, changed to show contrast) i've never noticed that before. might be part of why i wasn't really a fan of it despite loving the concept (i have the same issue with sandsurges and shark) EDIT: cabana pointed out that the segment on the right is actually the tail and not the spine! female pose veilspuns are just super scrunched up, so the beetle wings are in fact positioned properly. now i just have to try and figure out shark [img]https://files.catbox.moe/4dfwuk.png[/img]
i randomized the tert a few times. the beetle gene is... huh.

4sb0j7.png
kbl8jj.png

(colors aren't actually my veil's, changed to show contrast)

i've never noticed that before. might be part of why i wasn't really a fan of it despite loving the concept (i have the same issue with sandsurges and shark)

EDIT:

cabana pointed out that the segment on the right is actually the tail and not the spine! female pose veilspuns are just super scrunched up, so the beetle wings are in fact positioned properly. now i just have to try and figure out shark

4dfwuk.png
5f84d533c8cd0eb916d78dc0fbef6a493308ddd7.png

they/them causing may/hem
The segment to the right of the beetle wings is actually the tail, not the rest of the spine!
The segment to the right of the beetle wings is actually the tail, not the rest of the spine!
Oh my god. this is my new fae neck. I'm never gonna use beetle on female veils now LMAO. I think it could work if it was like, more stretched outwards...? Or a very small sliver to give the rounded appearance.
Oh my god. this is my new fae neck. I'm never gonna use beetle on female veils now LMAO. I think it could work if it was like, more stretched outwards...? Or a very small sliver to give the rounded appearance.
xulc4O8.png
@cabana oh my god i see it now. [img]https://files.catbox.moe/4dfwuk.png[/img] they're even more hunched over than i realized????? im having all sorts of realizations today
@cabana

oh my god i see it now.

4dfwuk.png

they're even more hunched over than i realized????? im having all sorts of realizations today

Yeahhh XD theyre kind of crouched over like a little creature - you can kind of see a little bit of the other wing behind the front one as well! Hard to see with beetle but it does match up [img]https://i.imgur.com/ghvN3IQ.png[/img]
Yeahhh XD theyre kind of crouched over like a little creature - you can kind of see a little bit of the other wing behind the front one as well! Hard to see with beetle but it does match up

ghvN3IQ.png
Oh my god your initial thought was so funny, I can't-

That would have been such a funny pose
Oh my god your initial thought was so funny, I can't-

That would have been such a funny pose
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
no, no, because op still has a vision -- the middle segment of the beetle, the point that should line up right with the spine, can be seen pointed towards the viewer for some reason even though the veils' spine isnt curved towards the viewer at all

i'm very bad with words so let me know if that makes no sense but why would you see the start of the other beetle wing at all ?? perhaps the end but the spine does not match up with the wing angle

tldr even with the tail not being the wing the beetle wings are still lopsided
no, no, because op still has a vision -- the middle segment of the beetle, the point that should line up right with the spine, can be seen pointed towards the viewer for some reason even though the veils' spine isnt curved towards the viewer at all

i'm very bad with words so let me know if that makes no sense but why would you see the start of the other beetle wing at all ?? perhaps the end but the spine does not match up with the wing angle

tldr even with the tail not being the wing the beetle wings are still lopsided
1bmIQLP.png
CUqoYIR.png
hvZ3oWr.png
OdNEyUV.png
UedbVG7.png
@FrozenBarioth

dare i ask what the fae neck is-
@FrozenBarioth

dare i ask what the fae neck is-

@aurion

oh, no.

you dont know about fae necks...

please run and save yourself before its too late
@aurion

oh, no.

you dont know about fae necks...

please run and save yourself before its too late
1bmIQLP.png
CUqoYIR.png
hvZ3oWr.png
OdNEyUV.png
UedbVG7.png
@Sunfallen

it makes sense to me! and yeah i do see it too. definitely some funky perspective going on, probably for the sake of showing more of the gene?
@Sunfallen

it makes sense to me! and yeah i do see it too. definitely some funky perspective going on, probably for the sake of showing more of the gene?

1 2