Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Alockealyptic - Custom 'Locke Playtest
1 2 3 4 5
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/CAoFzQv.png[/img] [size=5]Day 17, 4/6 to next stop[/size][/center] ----- [columns][item=raven woodmask][nextcol][i]"The face of the forest."[/i][/columns] [indent][LIST] [*] Darcy gets a Luck point via one of Orin's pep talks [*] Era ages up into an adult [*] Fortunea rolls another 16, so the one (1) hatchling who isn't immune gets to use a d12 and survives [*] Apparel -> Hatchlings. Three more youth are acquired, though nobody can quite agree where exactly they came from... [/LIST][/indent]
CAoFzQv.png
Day 17, 4/6 to next stop

Raven Woodmask "The face of the forest."
  • Darcy gets a Luck point via one of Orin's pep talks
  • Era ages up into an adult
  • Fortunea rolls another 16, so the one (1) hatchling who isn't immune gets to use a d12 and survives
  • Apparel -> Hatchlings. Three more youth are acquired, though nobody can quite agree where exactly they came from...
6mVFIuV.png
QetF0Qf.png
4xqaZpf.png
bYt72YT.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
rihYiKd.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/CAoFzQv.png[/img] [size=5]Day 18, 5/6 to next stop[/size][/center] ----- [columns][item=plainstrider bard][nextcol][i]"The centaur beastclans have long excelled at diplomacy, and much of that can be attributed to their usage of bards and music to ease tensions."[/i][/columns] [columns][item=giant sand dollar][nextcol][i]"A large, flat sand dollar. These come in an array of pastel colors."[/i][/columns] [indent][LIST] [*] Sickness sweeps through the caravan, taking two hatchlings [*] Familiar -> Fork in the Road. The current route would take one day to reach the next trading post. Conversation with a local reveals a second potential path... that would also take one day to reach a different post. Man, really tough choices here [*] Trinket -> There’s Something in the Air, and It’s Not Radiation For Once. Fortunea and Darcy are now Soulbound [/LIST][/indent]
CAoFzQv.png
Day 18, 5/6 to next stop

Plainstrider Bard "The centaur beastclans have long excelled at diplomacy, and much of that can be attributed to their usage of bards and music to ease tensions."
Giant Sand Dollar "A large, flat sand dollar. These come in an array of pastel colors."
  • Sickness sweeps through the caravan, taking two hatchlings
  • Familiar -> Fork in the Road. The current route would take one day to reach the next trading post. Conversation with a local reveals a second potential path... that would also take one day to reach a different post. Man, really tough choices here
  • Trinket -> There’s Something in the Air, and It’s Not Radiation For Once. Fortunea and Darcy are now Soulbound
6mVFIuV.png
QetF0Qf.png
4xqaZpf.png
bYt72YT.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
rihYiKd.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/CAoFzQv.png[/img] [size=5]Day 19, Trading Post[/size][/center] ----- [columns][item=ash twigs][nextcol][i]"Twigs from an ash tree."[/i][/columns] [columns][item=giant sand dollar][nextcol][i]"A large, flat sand dollar. These come in an array of pastel colors."[/i][/columns] [indent][LIST] [*] Fortunea is the latest recipient of a +1 armor project from Orin [*] Material -> Wanderer. Alona joins the caravan at this trading post [*] Trinket -> Leader's Illness. An uncharacteristic violent outburst has Orin taking swings at first Fortunea and then Maroux. Nobody at the post can quite agree on what the trigger was, nor can Orin himself recall- only that for a time, the world was a blur and he was quite unaware of anything. The resident doctor puts him on supervised bed rest for the remainder of their stayover [/LIST][/indent]
CAoFzQv.png
Day 19, Trading Post

Ash Twigs "Twigs from an ash tree."
Giant Sand Dollar "A large, flat sand dollar. These come in an array of pastel colors."
  • Fortunea is the latest recipient of a +1 armor project from Orin
  • Material -> Wanderer. Alona joins the caravan at this trading post
  • Trinket -> Leader's Illness. An uncharacteristic violent outburst has Orin taking swings at first Fortunea and then Maroux. Nobody at the post can quite agree on what the trigger was, nor can Orin himself recall- only that for a time, the world was a blur and he was quite unaware of anything. The resident doctor puts him on supervised bed rest for the remainder of their stayover
6mVFIuV.png
QetF0Qf.png
4xqaZpf.png
bYt72YT.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
rihYiKd.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/CAoFzQv.png[/img] [size=5]Day 20, 1/9 to next stop[/size][/center] ----- [columns][item=sea grass][nextcol][i]"Many dragons agree that Sea Grass has a much better flavor than the more common seaweed."[/i][/columns] [columns][item=giant sand dollar][nextcol][i]"A large, flat sand dollar. These come in an array of pastel colors."[/i][/columns] [indent][LIST] [*] Phoenine ages into an adult [*] Fortunea gets, again, specifically, a 16 on his job roll, and with the d12 one hatchling gains immunity [*] Food: Plant -> 20 matches with Maroux, Fortunea, and Alona [*] Trinket -> More Mouths to Feed. A hatchling is revealed as having stowed away in one of their wagons at the trading post [/LIST][/indent]
CAoFzQv.png
Day 20, 1/9 to next stop

Sea Grass "Many dragons agree that Sea Grass has a much better flavor than the more common seaweed."
  • Phoenine ages into an adult
  • Fortunea gets, again, specifically, a 16 on his job roll, and with the d12 one hatchling gains immunity
  • Food: Plant -> 20 matches with Maroux, Fortunea, and Alona
  • Trinket -> More Mouths to Feed. A hatchling is revealed as having stowed away in one of their wagons at the trading post
6mVFIuV.png
QetF0Qf.png
4xqaZpf.png
bYt72YT.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
rihYiKd.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/CAoFzQv.png[/img] [size=5]Day 21, 2/9 to next stop[/size][/center] ----- [columns][item=bagwitch pumpkin][nextcol][i]"So fancy, so rare!"[/i][/columns] [columns][item=giant sand dollar][nextcol][i]"A large, flat sand dollar. These come in an array of pastel colors."[/i][/columns] [indent][LIST] [*] Orin notes how the caravan has grown over the last few days, and begins contemplating the future. As evidence of his amazing planning skills, he instates a philosophy of "Collect and Preserve" even though we have no Cyberneticists... [*] Vune ages into an adult [*] Food: Plant -> 11 matches with Orin, Maroux, and Alona [*] Alona reaches level 3, but thanks to [i]someone[/i] she cannot get a job just yet >.> Banks 2 Luck [*] Trinket -> A coup! Not only did I [i]not[/i] roll any 1s, but I got two 20s :T [/LIST][/indent]
CAoFzQv.png
Day 21, 2/9 to next stop

Bagwitch Pumpkin "So fancy, so rare!"
  • Orin notes how the caravan has grown over the last few days, and begins contemplating the future. As evidence of his amazing planning skills, he instates a philosophy of "Collect and Preserve" even though we have no Cyberneticists...
  • Vune ages into an adult
  • Food: Plant -> 11 matches with Orin, Maroux, and Alona
  • Alona reaches level 3, but thanks to someone she cannot get a job just yet >.> Banks 2 Luck
  • Trinket -> A coup! Not only did I not roll any 1s, but I got two 20s :T
6mVFIuV.png
QetF0Qf.png
4xqaZpf.png
bYt72YT.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
rihYiKd.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/CAoFzQv.png[/img] [size=5]Day 22, 3/9 to next stop[/size][/center] ----- [columns][item=wave skipper][nextcol][i]"Wave skippers don't get much air, but can use the curls of waves to travel across the water's surface at breakneck speeds."[/i][/columns] [columns][item=giant sand dollar][nextcol][i]"A large, flat sand dollar. These come in an array of pastel colors."[/i][/columns] [indent][LIST] [*] Whoopsie I got caught up in stuff yesterday and forgot to actually post the day's events [*] Kristhyra ages into an adult [*] Food: Seafood -> 36 matches with Darcy, Alona, and Phoenine [*] Everyone hits level 4, banking a Luck point at each rank up [*] Trinket -> Hunting Trip with Orin, Maroux, and Fortunea. Orin loses a Luck point to the death roll. A ceanothus brawler dropped, so Fortunea gets a Luck point [/LIST][/indent]
CAoFzQv.png
Day 22, 3/9 to next stop

Wave Skipper "Wave skippers don't get much air, but can use the curls of waves to travel across the water's surface at breakneck speeds."
  • Whoopsie I got caught up in stuff yesterday and forgot to actually post the day's events
  • Kristhyra ages into an adult
  • Food: Seafood -> 36 matches with Darcy, Alona, and Phoenine
  • Everyone hits level 4, banking a Luck point at each rank up
  • Trinket -> Hunting Trip with Orin, Maroux, and Fortunea. Orin loses a Luck point to the death roll. A ceanothus brawler dropped, so Fortunea gets a Luck point
6mVFIuV.png
QetF0Qf.png
4xqaZpf.png
bYt72YT.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
rihYiKd.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/CAoFzQv.png[/img] [size=5]Day 23, 4/9 to next stop[/size][/center] ----- [columns][item=subterranean clover][nextcol][i]"This clover grows only in absolute darkness. It shrivels quickly when exposed to sunlight."[/i][/columns] [columns][item=giant sand dollar][nextcol][i]"A large, flat sand dollar. These come in an array of pastel colors."[/i][/columns] [indent][LIST] [*] Maroux gets a free Luck point from Orin [*] Yen ages into an adult, and we have no more hatchlings for the moment [*] Food: Plant -> 15 matches with Orin, Darcy, and Yen [*] Trinket -> There’s Something in the Air, and It’s Not Radiation For Once. Darcy and Alona are now Soulbonded [/LIST][/indent]
CAoFzQv.png
Day 23, 4/9 to next stop

Subterranean Clover "This clover grows only in absolute darkness. It shrivels quickly when exposed to sunlight."
  • Maroux gets a free Luck point from Orin
  • Yen ages into an adult, and we have no more hatchlings for the moment
  • Food: Plant -> 15 matches with Orin, Darcy, and Yen
  • Trinket -> There’s Something in the Air, and It’s Not Radiation For Once. Darcy and Alona are now Soulbonded
6mVFIuV.png
QetF0Qf.png
4xqaZpf.png
bYt72YT.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
rihYiKd.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/CAoFzQv.png[/img] [size=5]Day 25, 5/9 to next stop[/size][/center] ----- [columns][item=avian gemstaff][nextcol][i]"While this bejeweled staff doesn't itself carry any magical powers, it appears as though it does. Which might make all the difference to how its wielder fares in battle."[/i][/columns] [columns][item=giant sand dollar][nextcol][i]"A large, flat sand dollar. These come in an array of pastel colors."[/i][/columns] [indent][LIST] [*] Era receives a Luck point from Orin [*] Trinket -> Tragic Accident. Unfortunately, Era immediately gets lost on a scavenging expedition, never to be seen again [*] Trinket -> Nature's Gambit. Phoenine and Kristhyra each gain a level in the attempt to search for Era. Both would die, though are saved by spending the Luck points they would earn [*] Phoenine becomes a Guard! His three skill points immediately go to raising his strength to 5 [/LIST][/indent]
CAoFzQv.png
Day 25, 5/9 to next stop

Avian Gemstaff "While this bejeweled staff doesn't itself carry any magical powers, it appears as though it does. Which might make all the difference to how its wielder fares in battle."
  • Era receives a Luck point from Orin
  • Trinket -> Tragic Accident. Unfortunately, Era immediately gets lost on a scavenging expedition, never to be seen again
  • Trinket -> Nature's Gambit. Phoenine and Kristhyra each gain a level in the attempt to search for Era. Both would die, though are saved by spending the Luck points they would earn
  • Phoenine becomes a Guard! His three skill points immediately go to raising his strength to 5
6mVFIuV.png
QetF0Qf.png
4xqaZpf.png
bYt72YT.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
rihYiKd.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/CAoFzQv.png[/img] [size=5]Day 26, 6/9 to next stop[/size][/center] ----- [columns][item=fractured tusk][nextcol][i]"The tusk of a great carnivore. This one is shattered in several places, but could still be used in crafts and small jewelry."[/i][/columns] [indent][LIST] [*] Darcy gets +1 armor from Orin [*] Material -> Knowledge Exchange. Fortunea, Phoenine, Kristhyra, Vune, and Yen each gain 1 skill point [/LIST][/indent]
CAoFzQv.png
Day 26, 6/9 to next stop

Fractured Tusk "The tusk of a great carnivore. This one is shattered in several places, but could still be used in crafts and small jewelry."
  • Darcy gets +1 armor from Orin
  • Material -> Knowledge Exchange. Fortunea, Phoenine, Kristhyra, Vune, and Yen each gain 1 skill point
6mVFIuV.png
QetF0Qf.png
4xqaZpf.png
bYt72YT.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
rihYiKd.png
YMPbu9R.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/CAoFzQv.png[/img] [size=5]Day 27, 7/9 to next stop[/size][/center] ----- [columns][item=broadback pleco][nextcol][i]"Wildly aggressive, catching one is considered a mark of great fishing skill. Unfortunately, it also tastes disgusting. All that effort for nothing!"[/i][/columns] [indent][LIST] [*] Food: Seafood -> 38 matches with Maroux, Darcy, and Alona [*] Darcy uses 3 Luck to survive, Alona uses 2, Maroux uses 1 [*] Alona hit level 5, gaining 1 Luck and becoming an Entertainer. Darcy hits 5 and becomes a Trader [/LIST][/indent]
CAoFzQv.png
Day 27, 7/9 to next stop

Broadback Pleco "Wildly aggressive, catching one is considered a mark of great fishing skill. Unfortunately, it also tastes disgusting. All that effort for nothing!"
  • Food: Seafood -> 38 matches with Maroux, Darcy, and Alona
  • Darcy uses 3 Luck to survive, Alona uses 2, Maroux uses 1
  • Alona hit level 5, gaining 1 Luck and becoming an Entertainer. Darcy hits 5 and becomes a Trader
6mVFIuV.png
QetF0Qf.png
4xqaZpf.png
bYt72YT.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
rihYiKd.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2 3 4 5