Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Give a color and I'll give lore [FULL]
1 2 3 4
@Kilonian
The flower I found for Lady is poisonous, would you want me to invert the symbolism?

[hint: the flower in question tends to symbolize quite negative things, so the reversed symbolism would be far more positive]
@Kilonian
The flower I found for Lady is poisonous, would you want me to invert the symbolism?

[hint: the flower in question tends to symbolize quite negative things, so the reversed symbolism would be far more positive]
Free lore thread
35EJj0x.png
Kindryte
"Just here to collect silly little dragons in my silly little lair"
Imagine highlighting a forum signature.

Permas are both in my lair and hibden
My boy’s scry (in his bio) is based on hibiscuses! Would be cool to have some lore on that! :0 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94405817][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/944059/94405817_350.png[/img][/url]
My boy’s scry (in his bio) is based on hibiscuses! Would be cool to have some lore on that! :0

94405817_350.png
39262092.png
@Kindryte
Ooo, interesting…
I think lady has a tendency to exhibit toxic behaviors around other dragons (ex: “you’re wearing THAT?” Or “if I were you, I wouldn’t draw attention to myself tonight”)

But overall she’s not a bad dragon, just a bit stuffy and full of herself. She would definitely also follow those statements above with things like “that won’t do, come with me, I’ll fix this” and then give them clothes/jewels from her own personal collection.

I think overall inverting the symbolism would work better for her, but I wouldn’t be afraid to throw in some negative aspects if it fits the tale! Lady is definitely a mixed bag lol
@Kindryte
Ooo, interesting…
I think lady has a tendency to exhibit toxic behaviors around other dragons (ex: “you’re wearing THAT?” Or “if I were you, I wouldn’t draw attention to myself tonight”)

But overall she’s not a bad dragon, just a bit stuffy and full of herself. She would definitely also follow those statements above with things like “that won’t do, come with me, I’ll fix this” and then give them clothes/jewels from her own personal collection.

I think overall inverting the symbolism would work better for her, but I wouldn’t be afraid to throw in some negative aspects if it fits the tale! Lady is definitely a mixed bag lol
qfcrZgS.jpg Z1OhMta.pngh0FvtF4.gifqv3OlWK.png
[center]@Kilonian [size=6]adenium obesum[/size] Adenium | Desert Rose | Impala Lily | Kudu | Mock Azalea | Sabi star [b]Warning! This flower is poisonous![/b] [size=4]Original symbolic meaning(s):[/size] Death | Delusion | Fictional | Illusion [size=4]'Poisoned' meaning(s):[/size] Life | Truth | Reality [img]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0555/8363/7660/files/Urban-plants-Adenium-plant.jpg[/img] [size=4]N[/size]o-one knows just how Lady got into her position, or even how she maintains it, but the pink Obelisk is a well-known figure in high society, frequently attending parties and fancy events- or hosting them herself. Despite being a bit stuffy, she's known to host the fanciest parties, and introducing other nobles to bakers and other caterers they may not have discovered on their own. If they impress, they can expect to be hired again and again by the rich and elite, changing their lives for the better. If they fail to impress, then they'll still be paid for the goods delivered, but that's about it. Lady knows the court, and know that behind the polite replies and superficial compliments lies a web of political intruige, where everyone has their own agenda. It's sadly what life is like while living among the elite- they love their gossip, but they love to see others fail even more, and aren't afraid to stab someone in the back if they need to. Maybe that's why she subtly takes newcomers to this life of prestige and wealth under her wing, though in a very... subtle way. She'll be 'brutally honest' about newcomers their apparel, especially if it doesn't fit her standarts, but unlike other nobles, she'll.... actually help the others fit in, even lending her own jewelry in some cases. Maybe this is her way of helping dragons new to the world of nobility, or maybe she just REALLY doesn't like seeing others who don't dress well attend her parties. Who knows?
@Kilonian
adenium obesum
Adenium | Desert Rose | Impala Lily | Kudu | Mock Azalea | Sabi star
Warning! This flower is poisonous!

Original symbolic meaning(s):
Death | Delusion | Fictional | Illusion

'Poisoned' meaning(s):
Life | Truth | Reality
Urban-plants-Adenium-plant.jpg

No-one knows just how Lady got into her position, or even how she maintains it, but the pink Obelisk is a well-known figure in high society, frequently attending parties and fancy events- or hosting them herself. Despite being a bit stuffy, she's known to host the fanciest parties, and introducing other nobles to bakers and other caterers they may not have discovered on their own.

If they impress, they can expect to be hired again and again by the rich and elite, changing their lives for the better. If they fail to impress, then they'll still be paid for the goods delivered, but that's about it.

Lady knows the court, and know that behind the polite replies and superficial compliments lies a web of political intruige, where everyone has their own agenda. It's sadly what life is like while living among the elite- they love their gossip, but they love to see others fail even more, and aren't afraid to stab someone in the back if they need to.

Maybe that's why she subtly takes newcomers to this life of prestige and wealth under her wing, though in a very... subtle way.

She'll be 'brutally honest' about newcomers their apparel, especially if it doesn't fit her standarts, but unlike other nobles, she'll.... actually help the others fit in, even lending her own jewelry in some cases.

Maybe this is her way of helping dragons new to the world of nobility, or maybe she just REALLY doesn't like seeing others who don't dress well attend her parties. Who knows?
Free lore thread
35EJj0x.png
Kindryte

@Aquarithyst
Pick a number between 1 and 3 please. My book has 3 types of hibiscus in it.
@Aquarithyst
Pick a number between 1 and 3 please. My book has 3 types of hibiscus in it.
Free lore thread
35EJj0x.png
Kindryte

@Kindryte 2! I must go with the middle number! XD
@Kindryte 2! I must go with the middle number! XD
39262092.png
@Kindryte
Oh wow, I love that! That’s so cool! Thank you so much for making that for her! :)
@Kindryte
Oh wow, I love that! That’s so cool! Thank you so much for making that for her! :)
qfcrZgS.jpg Z1OhMta.pngh0FvtF4.gifqv3OlWK.png
I really like this idea. I don't have any dragons I feel 100% on their design yet, but I'm faving to come back later. I adore that you're using the flowers as inspiration.
I really like this idea. I don't have any dragons I feel 100% on their design yet, but I'm faving to come back later. I adore that you're using the flowers as inspiration.
@Kindryte Oh I love the idea of her being an apprentice before becoming the clans healer! I'm deffo adding this to her bio [emoji=spiral love size=1] Is it okay if I edit it slightly to add in a couple of my other dragons etc? I'll credit you at the bottom of the profile for the lore either way <3
@Kindryte Oh I love the idea of her being an apprentice before becoming the clans healer! I'm deffo adding this to her bio

Is it okay if I edit it slightly to add in a couple of my other dragons etc? I'll credit you at the bottom of the profile for the lore either way <3
much

oQkRxoy.gif
much

D91RBvR.png
much

But still through the leaves,
the wind keeps blowing
much

OY3P2op.png
mu
jR3SjkE.png
[center]@Aquarithyst [size=6]Hibiscus syriacus[/size] Althaea Frutex | Mugunghwa | Rose of Althea | Rose of Sharon | Shrub Althea | Syrian Ketmia | Syrian Mallow [size=4]Symbolic meaning(s):[/size] Consumed by love | persistent love | Persuasion [img]https://www.paynes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/rose-of-sharon-closeup-web.jpg[/img] [size=4]P[/size]itaya can be described as [b]relentlessly[/b] positive. They're the type of person that's just always in a good mood, and it's near impossible to get them down. This is mostly because they absolutely LOVE the life they live. They love their neighbors They love their home They LOVE the territory. And they will absolutely share all these amazing things with others. That last bit can be a bit... overwhelming, especially towards newer dragons. Pitaya is PERSISTENT and absolutely wants to share the things and foods they love with others, which doesn't tend to go over all that well with more timid or introverted dragons, though they're starting to grasp the concept of 'boundaries'. It may take a while before they fully get it though. Pitaya may be seen as overly positive or even oblivious to what the world can be like, and while they themselves understand why other dragons think they are, it's simply not true. This world can be scary, the world can be cruel and unforgiving... but isn't that all the more of a reason to celebrate and [b]cherish[/b] all the good there is? If a certain food Pitaya loves would vanish tomorrow, they'll sleep easy knowing that they truly loved and appreciated it while it was around, the same with other dragons and items. Nothing in life is certain, so it's best to show just how much you appreciate and love others while you can.
@Aquarithyst
Hibiscus syriacus
Althaea Frutex | Mugunghwa | Rose of Althea | Rose of Sharon | Shrub Althea | Syrian Ketmia | Syrian Mallow

Symbolic meaning(s):
Consumed by love | persistent love | Persuasion
rose-of-sharon-closeup-web.jpg

Pitaya can be described as relentlessly positive. They're the type of person that's just always in a good mood, and it's near impossible to get them down. This is mostly because they absolutely LOVE the life they live.

They love their neighbors
They love their home
They LOVE the territory.
And they will absolutely share all these amazing things with others.

That last bit can be a bit... overwhelming, especially towards newer dragons. Pitaya is PERSISTENT and absolutely wants to share the things and foods they love with others, which doesn't tend to go over all that well with more timid or introverted dragons, though they're starting to grasp the concept of 'boundaries'. It may take a while before they fully get it though.

Pitaya may be seen as overly positive or even oblivious to what the world can be like, and while they themselves understand why other dragons think they are, it's simply not true. This world can be scary, the world can be cruel and unforgiving... but isn't that all the more of a reason to celebrate and cherish all the good there is? If a certain food Pitaya loves would vanish tomorrow, they'll sleep easy knowing that they truly loved and appreciated it while it was around, the same with other dragons and items.

Nothing in life is certain, so it's best to show just how much you appreciate and love others while you can.
Free lore thread
35EJj0x.png
Kindryte

1 2 3 4