Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 85 86
Have you ever been in a book club?

I haven't!

Reading: I've been reading Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett since last night. The Wyrd Sisters series always sends me. I can be cozy under a pile of blankets and audibly laughing out loud chuckling to myself. No other books have really done that.

I haven't!

Reading: I've been reading Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett since last night. The Wyrd Sisters series always sends me. I can be cozy under a pile of blankets and audibly laughing out loud chuckling to myself. No other books have really done that.
> Wishlist
> 9+ FR |

gLbZUkF.pngygWzlbs.png VOCilq9.pngixjjkD1.pngJBnnpHx.pngexUrsEs.pngexUrsEs.pngV5xJ3C6.png9oWXBNn.png bzEU9i1.pngGydxiO7.png
7T1GlRm.png
Another bit of rereading, I tend to do that. Specifically, the lost heir from the wings of fire series, and a webcomic i had to reread bc i never finished, the glass scientist.

And alas, no book club for me. I would love to join one at some point tho!
Another bit of rereading, I tend to do that. Specifically, the lost heir from the wings of fire series, and a webcomic i had to reread bc i never finished, the glass scientist.

And alas, no book club for me. I would love to join one at some point tho!
f282e074cdf53330182445ba3db1235c26fc602a.gifGIF by @Anivia
I'm currently the reading list organizer for a scifi/fantasy book club. Also back in the day when everyone bought paperbacks, I was also in a scifi/fantasy swapping book club--we would bring all our old paperbacks, say a little bit about them, and loan or give them to other group members.

A friend recently gifted me Soderguit's The Capybaras, as she knew how much I love them. It's a beautifully illustrated picture book with a beautiful message.

"Nothing out of the ordinary happened. Until one day the capybaras came."
I'm currently the reading list organizer for a scifi/fantasy book club. Also back in the day when everyone bought paperbacks, I was also in a scifi/fantasy swapping book club--we would bring all our old paperbacks, say a little bit about them, and loan or give them to other group members.

A friend recently gifted me Soderguit's The Capybaras, as she knew how much I love them. It's a beautifully illustrated picture book with a beautiful message.

"Nothing out of the ordinary happened. Until one day the capybaras came."
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
I don't have nearly as much time to read this week as I have some important final exams approaching, but I did read through another chapter of the book I'm reading as well as a textbook on human biology (if that counts lmao)

Yes, but only when I was a kid. My parents wanted me to have an extracurricular, so it was either book club or sports! Can't say I'd do it again as I prefer to choose my own reading and discuss with people I'm close to
I don't have nearly as much time to read this week as I have some important final exams approaching, but I did read through another chapter of the book I'm reading as well as a textbook on human biology (if that counts lmao)

Yes, but only when I was a kid. My parents wanted me to have an extracurricular, so it was either book club or sports! Can't say I'd do it again as I prefer to choose my own reading and discuss with people I'm close to
uCEnQTB.gif
Citrusly » She/Her » Avatar Dragon
Almost finished A Study in Drowning! Might actually go back and read more today to see how far I can get, but I didn't want to forget to post.

I'm in one right now! It's existed in various forms over the past decade, but mostly the same group of friends have been meeting and discussing books the whole time, which I think is neat. The book I'm reading right now is for book club, and if I finish it up soon we might be able to schedule a meeting!
Almost finished A Study in Drowning! Might actually go back and read more today to see how far I can get, but I didn't want to forget to post.

I'm in one right now! It's existed in various forms over the past decade, but mostly the same group of friends have been meeting and discussing books the whole time, which I think is neat. The book I'm reading right now is for book club, and if I finish it up soon we might be able to schedule a meeting!
adopt-sig.pngxxxrva7IHk.pngxxxroad-not-taken-button-90px.pngxxx4XpFW61.png
No book club for me <\3 it sounds fun in theory, but i feel like knowing i /have/ to read something to share it with the group would take away a little of the enjoyment from reading it myself
No book club for me <\3 it sounds fun in theory, but i feel like knowing i /have/ to read something to share it with the group would take away a little of the enjoyment from reading it myself
A pixel art badge of a snowy owlynx; a blueish gray cat familiar with darker spots and wings.
Pixel art of an obelisk dragon (Winona) with light eyes, a grayish blue body, and red wings and circuit patterns. She's facing left.A light pink pixel diamond.Pixel art of an obelisk dragon (WX) with fire eyes, a golden body, bronze mane and wings, and black circuit patterns. They're facing right.
Pings ok.
Badges.
Wishlist.
FR server time + 8 hours.
QotD: I've never been in a book club, actually. I've considered joining them before, but it just never seemed to work out...

Daily reading: I finished Woman Who Rides Like a Man and am now working on Lioness Rampant. Hoping I can finish this book faster if I do a bit more biking this week, hah. I get to move onto the Wild Magic series next and that's exciting.
QotD: I've never been in a book club, actually. I've considered joining them before, but it just never seemed to work out...

Daily reading: I finished Woman Who Rides Like a Man and am now working on Lioness Rampant. Hoping I can finish this book faster if I do a bit more biking this week, hah. I get to move onto the Wild Magic series next and that's exciting.
jt3PpxV.png
daily reading
omg i have started The Hero of Ages and I just love how it jumps straight into the action~ i love the set up of the power system but im also confused about the exceptions atm lol

i have not :(
daily reading
omg i have started The Hero of Ages and I just love how it jumps straight into the action~ i love the set up of the power system but im also confused about the exceptions atm lol

i have not :(
Ccnk6GC.gifS5BGfck.gifCSkG6yq.gifMMfFirK.gifRKtq0HD.gifOLv0Mii.gif92mLQx5.gif92ST5Ld.gif
I haven't read anything yet today (apart from some articles in The Economist) but I'm about to get my pjyamas on and read a few more chapters of Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman in bed!

Question of the Day: I'm in my Mum's church book group (and the youngest member by quite a wide margin)! I was part of the group years ago while I was living at home but stopped going after I moved away for university, but during the pandemic they switched to Zoom meetings so I was able to rejoin (we now have hybrid meetings). Since it's a church book group most of the books we read have some kind of spiritual theme or connection, but beyond that we read a really wide range of books and often things I wouldn't have thought to pick up myself. Interestingly enough the best book group sessions are usually the ones where we had differing opinions or criticisms of the book, and I really enjoy seeing how different members' backgrounds and tastes inform what they take away from the books they read.
I haven't read anything yet today (apart from some articles in The Economist) but I'm about to get my pjyamas on and read a few more chapters of Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman in bed!

Question of the Day: I'm in my Mum's church book group (and the youngest member by quite a wide margin)! I was part of the group years ago while I was living at home but stopped going after I moved away for university, but during the pandemic they switched to Zoom meetings so I was able to rejoin (we now have hybrid meetings). Since it's a church book group most of the books we read have some kind of spiritual theme or connection, but beyond that we read a really wide range of books and often things I wouldn't have thought to pick up myself. Interestingly enough the best book group sessions are usually the ones where we had differing opinions or criticisms of the book, and I really enjoy seeing how different members' backgrounds and tastes inform what they take away from the books they read.
Na5WGHa.png
have you ever been in a book club?

i've definitely demanded friends read a book/comic lest they face repudiation!! nothing like a discussion in the round though; i really couldn't say if I'd have the time!!

daily reading

ooh just last friday I decided to start a re-read one of my favorite series as a teen- The Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman!! today it's been chapters 38-42 of Dragon Wing. it's been over a decade since i've picked this one up so i kind of hope i don't remember too much.
have you ever been in a book club?

i've definitely demanded friends read a book/comic lest they face repudiation!! nothing like a discussion in the round though; i really couldn't say if I'd have the time!!

daily reading

ooh just last friday I decided to start a re-read one of my favorite series as a teen- The Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman!! today it's been chapters 38-42 of Dragon Wing. it's been over a decade since i've picked this one up so i kind of hope i don't remember too much.
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 85 86