Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wavecrest Gene Thoughts
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
betta fish vibes. i love it
betta fish vibes. i love it
jellyfishspace.gif .
7UXlQKU.gif
OPS7bfK.png
BTRr72z.png
NOP5viO.png
mqW8lnj.png
Hello! im Jellyinspace
you can call me Jelly or Jellyfish.

Check out the IC for my new Hatchling UMA!
Skin: Curse the Night
^i made this^
get it here
[/url]
After trying a bunch of different scrys, I think my main issue is with the level of transparency. For many colors it's nearly invisible. It's especially a problem with adult male undertides because most of the bottom wave runs directly along their body and is obscured by the primary underneath - even if it's a completely different color. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=28&bodygene=266&breed=21&element=2&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=168&tertgene=301&winggene=114&wings=22&auth=de88620b77912920eaee5ea6c0a956ea73670f52&dummyext=prev.png[/img] This combined with the small coverage area and questionable placement don't do it any favors. It's just a very awkward gene that I can only see working well under very specific parameters. And if the gene is ever expanded to modern breeds I think there are plenty of apparel pieces that already portray a flowing water effect well enough. [item=Fathomsearch Spirit Jug][item=Fathomsearch Halo][item=Water Aura][item=Lagoon Starsilk Shawl][item=Lagoon Starsilk Wingdrapes][item=Sky Blue Wing Silks][item=Sapphire Carousel Wing Decor][item=Peppy Mushroom Collar][item=Peppy Mushroom Frill][item=Eerie Cyan Forejewels][item=Eerie Cyan Clawrings][item=Eerie Cyan Grasp][item=Counselor Rings]
After trying a bunch of different scrys, I think my main issue is with the level of transparency. For many colors it's nearly invisible. It's especially a problem with adult male undertides because most of the bottom wave runs directly along their body and is obscured by the primary underneath - even if it's a completely different color.

dragon?age=1&body=28&bodygene=266&breed=21&element=2&eyetype=12&gender=0&tert=168&tertgene=301&winggene=114&wings=22&auth=de88620b77912920eaee5ea6c0a956ea73670f52&dummyext=prev.png

This combined with the small coverage area and questionable placement don't do it any favors. It's just a very awkward gene that I can only see working well under very specific parameters. And if the gene is ever expanded to modern breeds I think there are plenty of apparel pieces that already portray a flowing water effect well enough.

Fathomsearch Spirit Jug Fathomsearch Halo Water Aura Lagoon Starsilk Shawl Lagoon Starsilk Wingdrapes Sky Blue Wing Silks Sapphire Carousel Wing Decor Peppy Mushroom Collar Peppy Mushroom Frill Eerie Cyan Forejewels Eerie Cyan Clawrings Eerie Cyan Grasp Counselor Rings
Really not my cup of tea. If they wanted to go with watery fins, maybe the coverage could've been similar to Sailfin? As it is, the gene looks kinda awkward. The Undertide hatchling pose is kinda working it though, maybe
Really not my cup of tea. If they wanted to go with watery fins, maybe the coverage could've been similar to Sailfin? As it is, the gene looks kinda awkward. The Undertide hatchling pose is kinda working it though, maybe
dsfdsf.png
freshly expired lizard
he/they | FR +4

» Art Shop
» Lore Dragons
» Dragon Sales
Mixed! I do like the concept a lot, but agreeing about coverage. If we could put this + veil on a dustie... ugh it'd be perfect.

Generally though, it's pretty, and definitely workable I feel!
Mixed! I do like the concept a lot, but agreeing about coverage. If we could put this + veil on a dustie... ugh it'd be perfect.

Generally though, it's pretty, and definitely workable I feel!
file.php?avatar=2017_1696138998.png

Heya, name's Allysun!
Pet site addict and chronically lazy.
One day I'll give my dragons nice profiles, I swear.

vzFxhEr.png
WIttPie.pngV7jLxQc.png
rGiFZvD.png
Free Palestine
It's the only fest gene so far I really dislike. The others I all rather like, but this one is super tricky to work with. I'm collecting G1s from each flight to turn into permababies with the fest genes and this is the one gene I feel like I'm only using to complete the collection, not because I actually like it.

I agree, it's a coverage thing. The gene itself is beautiful, and I actually LOVE that it fades to blue at the ends. My issue is just that it looks stuck onto the dragon unless it's a XXX or XYY. It's just not very good for XYZ, and since my G1 fest dragons are all XYZ it makes it pretty tricky.

I know it's not going to get retroactively changed, but I wish it would honestly. I just want to see more frills to make it work better on XYZs...
It's the only fest gene so far I really dislike. The others I all rather like, but this one is super tricky to work with. I'm collecting G1s from each flight to turn into permababies with the fest genes and this is the one gene I feel like I'm only using to complete the collection, not because I actually like it.

I agree, it's a coverage thing. The gene itself is beautiful, and I actually LOVE that it fades to blue at the ends. My issue is just that it looks stuck onto the dragon unless it's a XXX or XYY. It's just not very good for XYZ, and since my G1 fest dragons are all XYZ it makes it pretty tricky.

I know it's not going to get retroactively changed, but I wish it would honestly. I just want to see more frills to make it work better on XYZs...
Mqw5b1R.gif
Not a fan really. I can't unsee the armpit-sweat thing on top of the fact that I don't like Dusthides in general. I love Undertides, but it looks awful on all of the ones I have, so it's not inspiring me to shop around for one that's to my taste. It's just awkward really, especially the way the color fade is done. It's unfortunate that the fade is always the same, making it hard to work with unless you're already doing something in blue.

Not a fan really. I can't unsee the armpit-sweat thing on top of the fact that I don't like Dusthides in general. I love Undertides, but it looks awful on all of the ones I have, so it's not inspiring me to shop around for one that's to my taste. It's just awkward really, especially the way the color fade is done. It's unfortunate that the fade is always the same, making it hard to work with unless you're already doing something in blue.

0MKRFfK.png
  • she/her
  • EST (FR+3)
  • Old as dirt water
kA2rq7D.png
This is the first fest gene i genuinely like. Betta fish :). I like that it's not a solid color. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/943744/94374377_350.png[/img] Look at the creature.
This is the first fest gene i genuinely like. Betta fish :). I like that it's not a solid color.

94374377_350.png

Look at the creature.
6016fecf2602c5bebdf23cece762df450033c15d.png
I think its pretty and has betta fish vibes as others say, but I wish some terts just had bigger coverage. So this one may have just needed a bit of something more for me, but the pro of it being minimal is that it may still work with some UMAs.

However, if we could have terts be a multi-gene, then this would have been super neat to combine with jellyfish, pufferfish, etc. I'm sure there are limits given how dragons are coded, but I can dream. :')
I think its pretty and has betta fish vibes as others say, but I wish some terts just had bigger coverage. So this one may have just needed a bit of something more for me, but the pro of it being minimal is that it may still work with some UMAs.

However, if we could have terts be a multi-gene, then this would have been super neat to combine with jellyfish, pufferfish, etc. I'm sure there are limits given how dragons are coded, but I can dream. :')
It's extremly pretty! Finally some good fest gene <3
It's extremly pretty! Finally some good fest gene <3
|| FR time +9h || I'm looking for G1 born on novembers 1st || She/Her ||
@TehyaFaye
We get one apparel item, we used to get 2.
@TehyaFaye
We get one apparel item, we used to get 2.
pUaAvHp.pngKNAvkWg.pngbQXuoer.pngtRvToEi.gif67zHSWd.png6CDnDt4.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12