Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wavecrest Gene Thoughts
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I like the wavecrest gene, but personally I dislike that it has the blue tint at the ends of the fin strands, regardless of what color it is. It doesn't really work that well if youre trying to go for anything other than something that would be complimented by blue accents, and it's not in line with how previous fest genes have been colored. I mean, starfall, thundercrack, flameforger, brightshine, none of them have parts of the gene that are always the same static color that matches their respective flight, so it seems weird they would do so for wavecrest
I like the wavecrest gene, but personally I dislike that it has the blue tint at the ends of the fin strands, regardless of what color it is. It doesn't really work that well if youre trying to go for anything other than something that would be complimented by blue accents, and it's not in line with how previous fest genes have been colored. I mean, starfall, thundercrack, flameforger, brightshine, none of them have parts of the gene that are always the same static color that matches their respective flight, so it seems weird they would do so for wavecrest
NctId5G.pngpugRGOj.png
I think it's really beautiful. Wasn't at all what I was expecting but just pleasantly surprised. I was expecting an aura type thing like the last genes have been but I think this is really cool.
I think it's really beautiful. Wasn't at all what I was expecting but just pleasantly surprised. I was expecting an aura type thing like the last genes have been but I think this is really cool.
Uw1G2JB.png
Is it water? Are they fins? Figuring out what it's supposed to be will really help my verdict
Is it water? Are they fins? Figuring out what it's supposed to be will really help my verdict
Orca | they/he
Please check dragon profiles for pronouns before mentioning them!
Unfortunately I immediately saw sweat. I like the idea of fins that are also water, but I don't like the placement; I think I'd like it more if there were more fins, attached somewhere other than under the arms (can keep those but add more)...or if they were only fins and not also water, but that defeats the purpose of the gene. Oh well.

I agree that it looks better on dusthide M than on other poses.
Unfortunately I immediately saw sweat. I like the idea of fins that are also water, but I don't like the placement; I think I'd like it more if there were more fins, attached somewhere other than under the arms (can keep those but add more)...or if they were only fins and not also water, but that defeats the purpose of the gene. Oh well.

I agree that it looks better on dusthide M than on other poses.
they/them
I absolutely love it on male Dusthides and Dusthide hatchlings, and I'm meh about it on everything else
I absolutely love it on male Dusthides and Dusthide hatchlings, and I'm meh about it on everything else
OQwOmsS.png
_

she/her
straight
quoiromantic
A link to my skin shop.
A small egg with a galaxy pattern and white hearts on it. It links to the Wholesome Void Hatchery.
_

FR time +1
A link to my Instagram.
A link to my DeviantArt.
A link to my wishlist.
PX2gJ9f.png
I think if it had some on the head and tail itd look a lot better. Pretty mid. im unfortunately not a fan of most of the elemental genes except for thundercrack and sometimes flameforger. The rest have just been sittung in my inventory

I was also hoping for water of some kind. questionable colors could have easily been avoided with gradients and proper expression of what water is. Blood and such isnt the same consistency or look as water. Sometimes FR's style just doesnt land with such things unfortunately..
I think if it had some on the head and tail itd look a lot better. Pretty mid. im unfortunately not a fan of most of the elemental genes except for thundercrack and sometimes flameforger. The rest have just been sittung in my inventory

I was also hoping for water of some kind. questionable colors could have easily been avoided with gradients and proper expression of what water is. Blood and such isnt the same consistency or look as water. Sometimes FR's style just doesnt land with such things unfortunately..
69-A78-F45-66-F3-4110-8270-E40-F5220-AB46.pngA86-F3-CC9-5-AFC-466-F-858-B-34-FD42-C53-C2-A.pngC38-C5765-FAD4-4-CE0-9-F81-A608-F4-EFFA60.png70-DF89-E3-E394-4067-B7-D9-3-B556-BD239-F9.png
I wish it did more... It covers so little of the dragon. Like, why is it so much less interesting than the apparel? I've found some intrigue in the festival genes so far, but this one just... I don't know. It's better on the babies than the adults, and that's about it.

I don't know why they couldn't add more of it to the face, or the tail... something to make it look more like a festival gene. All of the other genes so far have covered so much of the dragon/so much area, but this one is so darn small... It's like discount Wing Silks for two Ancients.

I was so hyped for Water's gene because I've really liked the other Flights' genes, and now I'm just disappointed. Unless they're going to add more unique fest genes, Water's stuck with a gene that just... is very underwhelming for a festival gene. Plague's tert feels more Water-adjacent than this gene does.
I wish it did more... It covers so little of the dragon. Like, why is it so much less interesting than the apparel? I've found some intrigue in the festival genes so far, but this one just... I don't know. It's better on the babies than the adults, and that's about it.

I don't know why they couldn't add more of it to the face, or the tail... something to make it look more like a festival gene. All of the other genes so far have covered so much of the dragon/so much area, but this one is so darn small... It's like discount Wing Silks for two Ancients.

I was so hyped for Water's gene because I've really liked the other Flights' genes, and now I'm just disappointed. Unless they're going to add more unique fest genes, Water's stuck with a gene that just... is very underwhelming for a festival gene. Plague's tert feels more Water-adjacent than this gene does.
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
Guess I'm the minority that generally dislikes other fest genes but likes Wavecrest!
Though reading this thread, I admit it looks a little armpit-sweat-y and I wish it had other details aside from the fins.

I like the static blue a lot more than I like the static black from Trickmurk, but I wish there was a range of blues. Some of the browns looks real bad.

Undertides look real flat though (aside from hatchling) which is sad considering this is their gene...
Guess I'm the minority that generally dislikes other fest genes but likes Wavecrest!
Though reading this thread, I admit it looks a little armpit-sweat-y and I wish it had other details aside from the fins.

I like the static blue a lot more than I like the static black from Trickmurk, but I wish there was a range of blues. Some of the browns looks real bad.

Undertides look real flat though (aside from hatchling) which is sad considering this is their gene...
6359e1941805ff183bd0a8181719020023cc878d.png
Kind of like it but it feels awkward.

Would have looked better with more frills. Like nocturne underbelly frill or smaller ones for arms and legs to tie it together.
Kind of like it but it feels awkward.

Would have looked better with more frills. Like nocturne underbelly frill or smaller ones for arms and legs to tie it together.
ImMJGPh.pngG1's for Sale
party streamer gene ;;
party streamer gene ;;
1cLgG.gif NheFb.gif f1wnG.gif V92Xk.gif 93FfH.gif 6Ob8Q.gif 4BYFq.gif g4FMP.gif OFWu2.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12