Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Quickly bond with all of your familiars
First of all, credit to ChroniclerCherry for (as far as I know) discovering this trick and sharing a guide for it here. They (assuming pronouns, sorry) haven't been active in over two years, so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by sharing their trick, with my own additions to the method of course.

Second, this is the first guide I've made on this site as well as the first thread I've made besides my intro thread, so please tell me (gently) if I mess up! I want this to be usable for everyone.
  • Step One: Open two different browser windows. (See Step One Addendum for ways of optimizing this step to be more efficient.)
  • Step Two: On one of these browser windows, open the familiar selection screen for any non-hibernating dragon in your lair. On the other, open the profile screen for the same dragon.
  • Step Three: On the familiar selection screen, select the "Bond Status" drop-down menu and select "Not Bonded Today". This will filter your familiar list to only show familiars that are in your hoard and have not been bonded with today (you will still have to individually bond with familiars currently with other dragons!)
  • Step Four: Bond with your dragon's familiar. Don't click close; instead, select another familiar in your familiar selection screen. Now click close. The page will refresh and automatically show your newly selected familiar, allowing you to bond with it again. If you accidentally clicked close, you can simply click the circling-arrow symbol that's generally near your address bar to refresh your page once you've selected the new familiar, having the same effect.
  • Step Five: Repeat Step Four until your familiar selection screen shows no more unbonded familiars. Congratulations, you've bonded with all your familiars!
  • Step One Addendum: On most modern browsers (I believe), you can grab a browser tab and drag it out of the tab bar, which will open a new window with only that tab automatically. On Windows 10 and possibly other operating systems, you can also grab the top "empty space" of most windows and drag it all the way over the left or right edge of your screen, making the window automatically fill up exactly half your screen and giving you an option to pick a window to fill the other half. This makes setup much easier!

General Tips:
    • The method of refreshing your dragon's profile page manually after accidentally clicking Close will likely vary between browsers. I'm currently trying to figure out where the refresh button is on other browsers without having to install them myself, since I believe that will be the most user-friendly method for people who aren't familiar with the concept.
    • I'm restating myself, but this will only bond with familiars currently in your hoard. That means you will still have to individually bond with familiars that are currently with other dragons. Remember you can use the left and right arrow keys to move through the dragons in your whole lair!
    • On mobile, it's possible to quickly swap between tabs by swiping across the address bar, making this much easier for people who have to use mobile. (Currently only confirmed on Firefox Android.) Credit to koda1537 for sharing this!
    • On Windows 10, in most browsers, you can hit f5 to quickly refresh your page. Credit to FluffySnake for reminding me!
    • On most (if not all) desktop operating systems, you can hit alt+tab to quickly swap through your open windows (hold alt and keep pressing tab to move your selection). Simply pressing alt+tab once will quickly swap you to your last open window. This is a good alternative to having both windows resized to both fit on your screen at once, though IMO that's still the optimal method. Credit to FluffySnake for reminding me!

Help Wanted:
    • Priority: People who use mobile operating systems other than Android (primarily iOS) and mobile browsers other than Firefox, please try to find out if the address bar swiping tip (third one under General Tips) works on your setup. If not, please share any methods you know for quickly swapping between tabs in your setup. This is a priority because many people can't use their PC for Flight Rising, don't have access to a PC in the first place, or may not be able to bring their PC on trips.
    • When sharing tricks in the comments, please share the operating system, use of PC or mobile, and browser that you use with your trick! While many shortcuts and the like carry over from OS to OS and browser to browser, I need to be able to know which tricks work for which setup so I can make this guide as clear and easy to follow as possible. I use Firefox (beta/developer's edition) on both Windows 10 and Android, and can't easily test for other setups; it's a lot of work proportionately to install another browser and log in on FR just to test a single trick. Plus, I tend to customize my computer in terms of software quite extensively; getting "crowd-sourced" confirmations of tricks helps ensure that trick works for other people as well. For that reason, it's also helpful to share your experience with a specific trick even if someone else with the same setup as you has already done so.
    • People who use PC operating systems other than Windows 10: please let me know if you can confirm whether the two-window trick I describe in Step One Addendum works in your operating system, and if it doesn't, if you know of an equivalent feature that is easy to use for the average user! I want this guide to be accessible to people who may have a hard time with technology.
    • People who use other browsers than Firefox: please let me know where the refresh button is on the default layout so I can tell people where it is depending on their browser!

Final Notes:
    • Please feel free to ask questions if you don't understand anything! I'm pretty patient, if I do say so myself. It's totally okay if you don't understand some of the things in this guide; if I explained every part of it, it would be twice as long! That being said, I'd really appreciate it if you tried to search the thread to see if your question has already been answered before asking. Thank you in advance.
    • If you appreciate this guide, the best thing you can do to show that is tell others about it! I'd also encourage you to help the Flight Rising be a community where knowledge is freely shared; one very easy way to do so is to participate in the Dragonomics spreadsheet data collection, which you can do so completely anonymously. Other ways include: asking questions and giving suggestions on guide threads, sharing your own tricks and ideas, and even just thanking people for sharing their information! All of these help guide-makers improve their guides and motivate them to continue sharing information.

Thanks for reading!

Update 10/28/2023: Added General Tips shared by koda1537 and FluffySnake. Added two new items to the Help Wanted section. Changed a tiny bit of formatting to make more sense.
First of all, credit to ChroniclerCherry for (as far as I know) discovering this trick and sharing a guide for it here. They (assuming pronouns, sorry) haven't been active in over two years, so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by sharing their trick, with my own additions to the method of course.

Second, this is the first guide I've made on this site as well as the first thread I've made besides my intro thread, so please tell me (gently) if I mess up! I want this to be usable for everyone.
  • Step One: Open two different browser windows. (See Step One Addendum for ways of optimizing this step to be more efficient.)
  • Step Two: On one of these browser windows, open the familiar selection screen for any non-hibernating dragon in your lair. On the other, open the profile screen for the same dragon.
  • Step Three: On the familiar selection screen, select the "Bond Status" drop-down menu and select "Not Bonded Today". This will filter your familiar list to only show familiars that are in your hoard and have not been bonded with today (you will still have to individually bond with familiars currently with other dragons!)
  • Step Four: Bond with your dragon's familiar. Don't click close; instead, select another familiar in your familiar selection screen. Now click close. The page will refresh and automatically show your newly selected familiar, allowing you to bond with it again. If you accidentally clicked close, you can simply click the circling-arrow symbol that's generally near your address bar to refresh your page once you've selected the new familiar, having the same effect.
  • Step Five: Repeat Step Four until your familiar selection screen shows no more unbonded familiars. Congratulations, you've bonded with all your familiars!
  • Step One Addendum: On most modern browsers (I believe), you can grab a browser tab and drag it out of the tab bar, which will open a new window with only that tab automatically. On Windows 10 and possibly other operating systems, you can also grab the top "empty space" of most windows and drag it all the way over the left or right edge of your screen, making the window automatically fill up exactly half your screen and giving you an option to pick a window to fill the other half. This makes setup much easier!

General Tips:
    • The method of refreshing your dragon's profile page manually after accidentally clicking Close will likely vary between browsers. I'm currently trying to figure out where the refresh button is on other browsers without having to install them myself, since I believe that will be the most user-friendly method for people who aren't familiar with the concept.
    • I'm restating myself, but this will only bond with familiars currently in your hoard. That means you will still have to individually bond with familiars that are currently with other dragons. Remember you can use the left and right arrow keys to move through the dragons in your whole lair!
    • On mobile, it's possible to quickly swap between tabs by swiping across the address bar, making this much easier for people who have to use mobile. (Currently only confirmed on Firefox Android.) Credit to koda1537 for sharing this!
    • On Windows 10, in most browsers, you can hit f5 to quickly refresh your page. Credit to FluffySnake for reminding me!
    • On most (if not all) desktop operating systems, you can hit alt+tab to quickly swap through your open windows (hold alt and keep pressing tab to move your selection). Simply pressing alt+tab once will quickly swap you to your last open window. This is a good alternative to having both windows resized to both fit on your screen at once, though IMO that's still the optimal method. Credit to FluffySnake for reminding me!

Help Wanted:
    • Priority: People who use mobile operating systems other than Android (primarily iOS) and mobile browsers other than Firefox, please try to find out if the address bar swiping tip (third one under General Tips) works on your setup. If not, please share any methods you know for quickly swapping between tabs in your setup. This is a priority because many people can't use their PC for Flight Rising, don't have access to a PC in the first place, or may not be able to bring their PC on trips.
    • When sharing tricks in the comments, please share the operating system, use of PC or mobile, and browser that you use with your trick! While many shortcuts and the like carry over from OS to OS and browser to browser, I need to be able to know which tricks work for which setup so I can make this guide as clear and easy to follow as possible. I use Firefox (beta/developer's edition) on both Windows 10 and Android, and can't easily test for other setups; it's a lot of work proportionately to install another browser and log in on FR just to test a single trick. Plus, I tend to customize my computer in terms of software quite extensively; getting "crowd-sourced" confirmations of tricks helps ensure that trick works for other people as well. For that reason, it's also helpful to share your experience with a specific trick even if someone else with the same setup as you has already done so.
    • People who use PC operating systems other than Windows 10: please let me know if you can confirm whether the two-window trick I describe in Step One Addendum works in your operating system, and if it doesn't, if you know of an equivalent feature that is easy to use for the average user! I want this guide to be accessible to people who may have a hard time with technology.
    • People who use other browsers than Firefox: please let me know where the refresh button is on the default layout so I can tell people where it is depending on their browser!

Final Notes:
    • Please feel free to ask questions if you don't understand anything! I'm pretty patient, if I do say so myself. It's totally okay if you don't understand some of the things in this guide; if I explained every part of it, it would be twice as long! That being said, I'd really appreciate it if you tried to search the thread to see if your question has already been answered before asking. Thank you in advance.
    • If you appreciate this guide, the best thing you can do to show that is tell others about it! I'd also encourage you to help the Flight Rising be a community where knowledge is freely shared; one very easy way to do so is to participate in the Dragonomics spreadsheet data collection, which you can do so completely anonymously. Other ways include: asking questions and giving suggestions on guide threads, sharing your own tricks and ideas, and even just thanking people for sharing their information! All of these help guide-makers improve their guides and motivate them to continue sharing information.

Thanks for reading!

Update 10/28/2023: Added General Tips shared by koda1537 and FluffySnake. Added two new items to the Help Wanted section. Changed a tiny bit of formatting to make more sense.
cSckuMi.png
Thank you for this, it was incredibly helpful! I like to bond familiars on my phone, since my PC is... very slow, and I was worried it wouldn't work well on mobile, but it does!

I use the Firefox app on an android phone, so this might be different for other browsers/OS's, but I can just swipe across the address bar at the top of the screen to switch tabs, which is very fast.

Again, thank you for sharing this, I love that the familiar selection screen automatically updates so I don't have to re-select "not bonded today" or scroll down a long list of familiars.
Thank you for this, it was incredibly helpful! I like to bond familiars on my phone, since my PC is... very slow, and I was worried it wouldn't work well on mobile, but it does!

I use the Firefox app on an android phone, so this might be different for other browsers/OS's, but I can just swipe across the address bar at the top of the screen to switch tabs, which is very fast.

Again, thank you for sharing this, I love that the familiar selection screen automatically updates so I don't have to re-select "not bonded today" or scroll down a long list of familiars.
olive-icon.png
@koda1537 oh I didn't know you could swipe the adress bar to quickly swap tabs on mobile! Ive been doing it the long way lol tysm
@koda1537 oh I didn't know you could swipe the adress bar to quickly swap tabs on mobile! Ive been doing it the long way lol tysm
NmUzKe1.gifsInlb1F.gifhu8PKcf.gifki9NAYe.gif7dCOeG7.gif
@Necoryn yeah, I only found out today cuz while i tried to open the tab selection I accidentally swiped and was real confused about how i skipped a step
@Necoryn yeah, I only found out today cuz while i tried to open the tab selection I accidentally swiped and was real confused about how i skipped a step
olive-icon.png
I'm glad my guide helped! I also didn't know about that trick on Firefox mobile - I'll try to remember to update the guide with it! I've been kind of off FR recently due to a new game having come out that is taking up most of the time I'm on my laptop, but I'll probably make this guide a priority. Not immediately though; it's rather late where I am.
I'm glad my guide helped! I also didn't know about that trick on Firefox mobile - I'll try to remember to update the guide with it! I've been kind of off FR recently due to a new game having come out that is taking up most of the time I'm on my laptop, but I'll probably make this guide a priority. Not immediately though; it's rather late where I am.
cSckuMi.png
This is the best way and practice now before NOTN [emoji=aether winking size=2] During NOTN, I would do this[u][b] almost every day[/b][/u] and made TONS of treasure/gems from getting chests.
This is the best way and practice now before NOTN

During NOTN, I would do this almost every day and made TONS of treasure/gems from getting chests.
oooh this is great so much faster than swapping around in a single browser window!

some additional tips, for windows users at least

you can switch between your two browser windows by pressing the alt and tab keys on your keyboard (at the same time)

to refresh a page, hit the F5 button (top row of your keyboard)
oooh this is great so much faster than swapping around in a single browser window!

some additional tips, for windows users at least

you can switch between your two browser windows by pressing the alt and tab keys on your keyboard (at the same time)

to refresh a page, hit the F5 button (top row of your keyboard)
cEXUHVm.png
MUYNhfy.png
bYt72YT.png

dEe2UrM.png
nWiQNX9.png
w9nH12D.png NotN tracker sheet
1GGo8wd.png
I'm alive!

I switched to Linux not too long ago; unfortunately, Linux allows users to use wildly different desktop environments, meaning the shortcuts that work on one DE may not work on the other DE.

I'll get around to updating this, but AFAIK this still works. I'll just say - on the Plasma DE, just dragging the window to the side of your screen isn't quite enough. To make the window fill the entire half of your screen, you have to drag it to the middle of the side of the screen!
I'm alive!

I switched to Linux not too long ago; unfortunately, Linux allows users to use wildly different desktop environments, meaning the shortcuts that work on one DE may not work on the other DE.

I'll get around to updating this, but AFAIK this still works. I'll just say - on the Plasma DE, just dragging the window to the side of your screen isn't quite enough. To make the window fill the entire half of your screen, you have to drag it to the middle of the side of the screen!
cSckuMi.png