Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wavecrest Gene Thoughts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
The coloring is pretty but my brain can't understand what those are. The upper part looks kinda like jellyfish tentacles but the bottom is watery? It's quite strange (no hate tho)
The coloring is pretty but my brain can't understand what those are. The upper part looks kinda like jellyfish tentacles but the bottom is watery? It's quite strange (no hate tho)
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
i mean it's. not. it isn't Water that's for sure. and the placement is uh... interesting. just feels kinda arbitrary? i think i just need to train myself to see it as Not Water since if i think of it as water it just looks off, if i imagine it's more like silk or a veil or something i think i'd like it more lol. it looks better on dusties than undertides imo, which is sad since undertides are my favourite, but at least it looks alright on f/h tidies!
i mean it's. not. it isn't Water that's for sure. and the placement is uh... interesting. just feels kinda arbitrary? i think i just need to train myself to see it as Not Water since if i think of it as water it just looks off, if i imagine it's more like silk or a veil or something i think i'd like it more lol. it looks better on dusties than undertides imo, which is sad since undertides are my favourite, but at least it looks alright on f/h tidies!
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
it's.....a bit weird. i don't think i'll ever use it, but at least they tried to do something more creative than just "water around dragon".
it's.....a bit weird. i don't think i'll ever use it, but at least they tried to do something more creative than just "water around dragon".
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
[quote name="CinnamonThief" date="2024-04-21 06:29:55" ] It has the same drawback as many other line breaking tertiaries where the coverage is very centralized and looks out of place. It looks extremely good on the poses that face the viewer, like male dusthide and the hatchlings. Not so much on the others. So 4/5? It's gonna be very pose-dependent. Better than riot at least. [/quote] Yeah, just checked how many sidewayish looking poses there are for all the current existing Ancients, and if Wavecrest was to be transported towards them all, the adult poses alone would have something close to 4 out of 18 total poses (Including, Dusthides by the way), that would be depicted with two of waves. Meanwhile, hatchlings actually seem to have a much better number at 4 out 9. (Also including the Dusthide hatchling pose). But in total of all poses it gets to a very depressing likelihood of 8 out of 27 total poses that would ever be depicted two waves. However, that's just estimation from what I myself can see, it might actually be better or even worse, considering the Male and Hatchling poses for Banescales are somewhat hard for me to tell, honestly. And some other poses feel like they could go either way. I just tried my best to look at the poses and see whether they'd would HAVE to do two, rather whether they COULD do two.
CinnamonThief wrote on 2024-04-21 06:29:55:
It has the same drawback as many other line breaking tertiaries where the coverage is very centralized and looks out of place. It looks extremely good on the poses that face the viewer, like male dusthide and the hatchlings. Not so much on the others.

So 4/5? It's gonna be very pose-dependent. Better than riot at least.

Yeah, just checked how many sidewayish looking poses there are for all the current existing Ancients, and if Wavecrest was to be transported towards them all, the adult poses alone would have something close to 4 out of 18 total poses (Including, Dusthides by the way), that would be depicted with two of waves.

Meanwhile, hatchlings actually seem to have a much better number at 4 out 9. (Also including the Dusthide hatchling pose). But in total of all poses it gets to a very depressing likelihood of 8 out of 27 total poses that would ever be depicted two waves.

However, that's just estimation from what I myself can see, it might actually be better or even worse, considering the Male and Hatchling poses for Banescales are somewhat hard for me to tell, honestly. And some other poses feel like they could go either way. I just tried my best to look at the poses and see whether they'd would HAVE to do two, rather whether they COULD do two.
Bit of a shame i don't like it considering water was my first flight. I was hoping it would add gills almost like thresher flatfins. I feel it's just really weird, its like fishy fins but water when i think i wouldve just preferred swirling waves of water like thundercrack.
Bit of a shame i don't like it considering water was my first flight. I was hoping it would add gills almost like thresher flatfins. I feel it's just really weird, its like fishy fins but water when i think i wouldve just preferred swirling waves of water like thundercrack.
xulc4O8.png
[quote name="MiniatureGecko" date="2024-04-21 06:50:25" ] At first I thought it was supposed to be a jellyfish like gene until I realized it’s actually meant to be water- I like it though! Its not too busy and thats nice [/quote] my thoughts exactly!! I thought it was those long, lacelike tentacles on jellyfish like sea nettles, didnt realize it was water until a little later—I love how its both though, its so neat!! like, to me it sort of looks like a solid construct that dissolves into water at the end, like its losing cohesion of its Jellyfish Form? thats so neat
MiniatureGecko wrote on 2024-04-21 06:50:25:
At first I thought it was supposed to be a jellyfish like gene until I realized it’s actually meant to be water- I like it though! Its not too busy and thats nice
my thoughts exactly!! I thought it was those long, lacelike tentacles on jellyfish like sea nettles, didnt realize it was water until a little later—I love how its both though, its so neat!! like, to me it sort of looks like a solid construct that dissolves into water at the end, like its losing cohesion of its Jellyfish Form? thats so neat
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
I only like it because I was hoping for a gene with a similar design to Riot, with low coverage and questionable...everything. A case of misery loves company and some solace knowing Plague wasn't the only one neglected for their holiday gene.

Just like with Riot, if this gene had come out on its own, I'd love it significantly more. As a representation of the flight and their holiday gene? Nah... It's not enough. Thundercrack, Flameforger and Trickmurk are peak holiday genes, imo. When used on the matching element with a good color, it looks fantastic. When used on a nonmatching element dragon...it can still look fantastic.
I only like it because I was hoping for a gene with a similar design to Riot, with low coverage and questionable...everything. A case of misery loves company and some solace knowing Plague wasn't the only one neglected for their holiday gene.

Just like with Riot, if this gene had come out on its own, I'd love it significantly more. As a representation of the flight and their holiday gene? Nah... It's not enough. Thundercrack, Flameforger and Trickmurk are peak holiday genes, imo. When used on the matching element with a good color, it looks fantastic. When used on a nonmatching element dragon...it can still look fantastic.
i was also expecting closer to a whirlpool! staff really keeps us on our toes lol. it mostly looks like seaweed to me so i'm not sure i can get any use out of it... but the fest genes overall have been a bit outside of my taste so this isn't surprising.
i was also expecting closer to a whirlpool! staff really keeps us on our toes lol. it mostly looks like seaweed to me so i'm not sure i can get any use out of it... but the fest genes overall have been a bit outside of my taste so this isn't surprising.
NY105Sx.gif
I like the concept but I don't think I'll be picking this one up.
I like the concept but I don't think I'll be picking this one up.
dlJsEIj.png
Really not a fan to be honest..the placement and shape are just so awkward looking?
Really not a fan to be honest..the placement and shape are just so awkward looking?
J9cpo9x.png183.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12