Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Place to see Liked Dragons
1 2
It'd be so nice if there was a feature where you could see the dragons you've liked, I'd love to scroll back over all of the pretties I've seen over the years.
It'd be so nice if there was a feature where you could see the dragons you've liked, I'd love to scroll back over all of the pretties I've seen over the years.
Full support!
Full support!
Ongoing Affordable OOAK Project: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/3331855
I like this idea in principle, but it's been suggested before and people said that either they didn't want a permanent link to their dragons, or that this might cause problems with like games and people unlikeing later. They could solve this by making a separate system... but that seems like more trouble than it's worth. Maybe you can copy-paste the widgets of dragons you like into a bio?
I like this idea in principle, but it's been suggested before and people said that either they didn't want a permanent link to their dragons, or that this might cause problems with like games and people unlikeing later. They could solve this by making a separate system... but that seems like more trouble than it's worth. Maybe you can copy-paste the widgets of dragons you like into a bio?
XdA0BPq.png
i still think this is a good idea and would enjoy it!
i still think this is a good idea and would enjoy it!
vQBibnc.png
xypY4d5.png
TVHy8Pj.png
WmdW2o4.png2-Krondar-542341.pngc6d5AbQ.png
Ut9RRot.png
k3PfQGk.png
Sj6j121.png
fg6G1CJ.png
@CarnivalGoldfish

I feel like it'd be too much work to track it when liking dragons is supposed to be a quick thing. Which I guess could also be the reason why there's no feature to view them, kinda like how the "poke" was with Facebook.

Even so, I would still like to have it. As far as people not liking a permanent link to their dragons, there's still no stopping someone taking a screenshot or jotting down the dragons details / ID # to search later if they really wanted to. *shrug*

As far as like games, I guess that's on the user then? I wouldn't see that as a huge issue, but I see where you're coming from.
@CarnivalGoldfish

I feel like it'd be too much work to track it when liking dragons is supposed to be a quick thing. Which I guess could also be the reason why there's no feature to view them, kinda like how the "poke" was with Facebook.

Even so, I would still like to have it. As far as people not liking a permanent link to their dragons, there's still no stopping someone taking a screenshot or jotting down the dragons details / ID # to search later if they really wanted to. *shrug*

As far as like games, I guess that's on the user then? I wouldn't see that as a huge issue, but I see where you're coming from.
full support!

i'd also like a feature to see who liked my dragons! but i know that might cause some animosity or anxiety amongst some users.
full support!

i'd also like a feature to see who liked my dragons! but i know that might cause some animosity or anxiety amongst some users.
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Full support from me too!
Full support from me too!
[ Primals,Pastels,Darks&G1s lover - Chill - Calm ]

FMoJ9vk.pngxKIpW2A.png10Weczj.png

aura • straight • cis female • engaged • calm • friendly • silly • happy • poetic
02-IIMjz-EYx-M8.pngtfi-LZk8-Jw-YA5.pngN3pp-Tuc-Bib-NT.pngt-UDfq-Mi8jmg8.png
I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to a list of dragons you liked since I could see some use for it, though I imagine a bookmarking system would be far more versatile and useful. Especially since you wouldn't need to bookmark just dragons, and the bookmark is much more private if you choose to bookmark any dragons you like.

Overall, personally, I view the likes system differently. I don't think it makes much sense to effectively make likes bookmark a dragon because it's more akin to the old FaceBook likes system that was in place prior to the newer likes system and profile revamp (I can't remember which one wiped the FaceBook likes system). An anonymous way to give props/appreciation to a dragon and move on. Nothing you really need to go back and look at per se.

Like I said, though, I'm not opposed to it. I'm just not for it either. I think it is strange to tie what is effectively bookmarking to something that feels more like an anonymous sign of appreciation.
I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to a list of dragons you liked since I could see some use for it, though I imagine a bookmarking system would be far more versatile and useful. Especially since you wouldn't need to bookmark just dragons, and the bookmark is much more private if you choose to bookmark any dragons you like.

Overall, personally, I view the likes system differently. I don't think it makes much sense to effectively make likes bookmark a dragon because it's more akin to the old FaceBook likes system that was in place prior to the newer likes system and profile revamp (I can't remember which one wiped the FaceBook likes system). An anonymous way to give props/appreciation to a dragon and move on. Nothing you really need to go back and look at per se.

Like I said, though, I'm not opposed to it. I'm just not for it either. I think it is strange to tie what is effectively bookmarking to something that feels more like an anonymous sign of appreciation.
[quote name="CarnivalGoldfish" date="2024-04-19 15:44:45" ] I like this idea in principle, but it's been suggested before and people said that either they didn't want a permanent link to their dragons, or that this might cause problems with like games and people unlikeing later? [/quote] Why not just make it a list of dragons you've liked in image form? No links to the dragons, no links to the lair/account.
CarnivalGoldfish wrote on 2024-04-19 15:44:45:
I like this idea in principle, but it's been suggested before and people said that either they didn't want a permanent link to their dragons, or that this might cause problems with like games and people unlikeing later?

Why not just make it a list of dragons you've liked in image form? No links to the dragons, no links to the lair/account.
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
I would love this!

If it would be easier to have a "Bookmark" list where you have to press a separate button to activate a save list, I would be cool with something that isn't 100% tied to likes.

I am guilty of dropping many likes on dragons I don't NEED to remember, but I would LOVE to be able to quick save dragons.

If someone could toggle the quicksand option OFF on their lair or a particular dragon, then I could see that making folks feel.more in control of their lairs
I would love this!

If it would be easier to have a "Bookmark" list where you have to press a separate button to activate a save list, I would be cool with something that isn't 100% tied to likes.

I am guilty of dropping many likes on dragons I don't NEED to remember, but I would LOVE to be able to quick save dragons.

If someone could toggle the quicksand option OFF on their lair or a particular dragon, then I could see that making folks feel.more in control of their lairs
pancatcher.png bzzZrFR.jpg
1 2