Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lol I was thinking about Light Ancients
So I know other people have been discussing ancients, but being a member of the Light Clan (PATRIOTISM, totally), my mind immediately went to what a Light Ancient may look like.
Since a lot of Ancient Dragon's lore focuses on why they were only discovered recently (like how Aethers lived in space; or how Sandsurges live underground) and Light dragons are philosophers, I thought that the Light ancients could maybe have been meditating in solitude for thousands of years to gain insight into the lives of those around them... or something like that, anyway.
Because of the fact that they weren't able to gain sustenance, maybe the whole mind/body dualism could take on a whole new literal meaning, and they could be a collection of dismembered body parts held aloft through mysterious psychic powers? Or they could just be a large, incredibly detailed head? This would make geneing them incredibly difficult though. Anyway, my vague idea would just be: Floating head with large mane (to make it easier to display genes), maybe floating vertebrae, large (skeletal?) wings, floating articulate-looking claws, (making up 2 hands) (maybe with a piece of treasured parchment as the palm), then a long scroll as the tail?
...It probably wouldn't be in FR's style though.
So I know other people have been discussing ancients, but being a member of the Light Clan (PATRIOTISM, totally), my mind immediately went to what a Light Ancient may look like.
Since a lot of Ancient Dragon's lore focuses on why they were only discovered recently (like how Aethers lived in space; or how Sandsurges live underground) and Light dragons are philosophers, I thought that the Light ancients could maybe have been meditating in solitude for thousands of years to gain insight into the lives of those around them... or something like that, anyway.
Because of the fact that they weren't able to gain sustenance, maybe the whole mind/body dualism could take on a whole new literal meaning, and they could be a collection of dismembered body parts held aloft through mysterious psychic powers? Or they could just be a large, incredibly detailed head? This would make geneing them incredibly difficult though. Anyway, my vague idea would just be: Floating head with large mane (to make it easier to display genes), maybe floating vertebrae, large (skeletal?) wings, floating articulate-looking claws, (making up 2 hands) (maybe with a piece of treasured parchment as the palm), then a long scroll as the tail?
...It probably wouldn't be in FR's style though.
That's am interesting idea, I think I would like a light ancient that either has 3 heads(philosophy is too hard for just 1 head and aberrations already have 2 heads) or a dragon whose head is floating above the body and not attached to it, either way I hope it'll be a really unique breed!
That's am interesting idea, I think I would like a light ancient that either has 3 heads(philosophy is too hard for just 1 head and aberrations already have 2 heads) or a dragon whose head is floating above the body and not attached to it, either way I hope it'll be a really unique breed!
[ Primals,Pastels,Darks&G1s lover - Chill - Calm ]

FMoJ9vk.pngxKIpW2A.png10Weczj.png

aura • straight • cis female • engaged • calm • friendly • silly • happy • poetic
02-IIMjz-EYx-M8.pngtfi-LZk8-Jw-YA5.pngN3pp-Tuc-Bib-NT.pngt-UDfq-Mi8jmg8.png
That actually sounds really cool. I could imagine a massive floating head with a glorious mane. Or a head attached to body parts by some form of light beam or something
That actually sounds really cool. I could imagine a massive floating head with a glorious mane. Or a head attached to body parts by some form of light beam or something
Or perhaps in Slytherin, you'll make real friends
[quote name="NotAnOC" date="2024-04-19 03:15:08" ] dismembered body parts held aloft through mysterious psychic powers [/quote] personally i love this idea giving "eldritch horror hosting vast knowledge" vibes which could probably fit Light's theme idk also could make room for linebreaking tertiaries to add more limbs
NotAnOC wrote on 2024-04-19 03:15:08:
dismembered body parts held aloft through mysterious psychic powers

personally i love this idea
giving "eldritch horror hosting vast knowledge" vibes which could probably fit Light's theme idk
also could make room for linebreaking tertiaries to add more limbs
n9sEhSB.png you can call me Qwil
there is no U anywhere in my username
nej6cGW.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
8GgdVkW.png
@TotalOverqwil Tertiary gene “Scholarly Abomination”? …Maybe?
@TotalOverqwil Tertiary gene “Scholarly Abomination”? …Maybe?
the amount of lore ideas i could do with a light ancient like this... unlikely but please...
the amount of lore ideas i could do with a light ancient like this... unlikely but please...
NcRl9aq.png
While that is a neat idea, I do not know if that would go through. Especially the separated body parts. I do know of the Emperors though, and that also feels tip-toey of being a bit much. To be honest an exploration of a possible more stable Emperor build could be awesome. I love this site, and the lore behind it, but art direction also makes sure that any borderline gore is more cartoony.

Especially because the Nature Ancient's lore was directly affected by the story of when the Contagion/Big Ol' Tree is why these are DIFFERENT than the Elder Feathery Sneks. I kind of want to dive into the Elements story now to see if there were any other hints out there.

Edit: At the very least I hope it has lots of hair. Especially with Imps and Pearls being light breeds.
While that is a neat idea, I do not know if that would go through. Especially the separated body parts. I do know of the Emperors though, and that also feels tip-toey of being a bit much. To be honest an exploration of a possible more stable Emperor build could be awesome. I love this site, and the lore behind it, but art direction also makes sure that any borderline gore is more cartoony.

Especially because the Nature Ancient's lore was directly affected by the story of when the Contagion/Big Ol' Tree is why these are DIFFERENT than the Elder Feathery Sneks. I kind of want to dive into the Elements story now to see if there were any other hints out there.

Edit: At the very least I hope it has lots of hair. Especially with Imps and Pearls being light breeds.
punkinator919_by_pyromaniacalbonsai-dc5zq7l.gif
They announced with the Dusthides that lore will more suggest they were here the whole time, so I imagine there won’t be more discovery but sadly
They announced with the Dusthides that lore will more suggest they were here the whole time, so I imagine there won’t be more discovery but sadly
Progen >93399p.png Art Shop 68696002p.png< Avatar
[quote name="NotAnOC" date="2024-04-19 03:15:08" ] Because of the fact that they weren't able to gain sustenance, maybe the whole mind/body dualism could take on a whole new literal meaning, and they could be a collection of dismembered body parts held aloft through mysterious psychic powers? [/quote] oh i JUST got a rayman fandragon thisd be literally perfect for him lmai really cool idea though oohhh
NotAnOC wrote on 2024-04-19 03:15:08:
Because of the fact that they weren't able to gain sustenance, maybe the whole mind/body dualism could take on a whole new literal meaning, and they could be a collection of dismembered body parts held aloft through mysterious psychic powers?
oh i JUST got a rayman fandragon thisd be literally perfect for him lmai
really cool idea though oohhh
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature