Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Songs you hate. From artists you love.
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Birdarang" date="2024-04-08 07:46:57" ] In the past few years I've basically stopped enjoying nearly all of Stray Kids' new music. Unfortunately their popularity only goes up and up and most of the newer fans don't know the older music that I love so much so. After about 5 years it's time to move on. Some specific examples would be: Hall of Fame Comflex(only good thing about this one is my bias's lines) Megaverse These are also songs that they perform very often now. I can't stand all these songs that are like "we're so awesome look at how awesome we are" in the lyrics. Don't tell me you're great, show me. (Everyone else in this thread has great music taste and here I am complaining about my Korean boy band...) [/quote] I totally get it! kpop specifically for me is very easy to come and go from groups depending on sound. I am actually the complete opposite where I did not like their older music that much and some of it I do not want to listen to at all. I have been around since their debut and I really liked the title miroh and side effects and some bsides but very rarely. Once they started doing stuff in 2020 and beyond I started liking it a lot more. That's just how it goes.
Birdarang wrote on 2024-04-08 07:46:57:
In the past few years I've basically stopped enjoying nearly all of Stray Kids' new music. Unfortunately their popularity only goes up and up and most of the newer fans don't know the older music that I love so much so. After about 5 years it's time to move on.

Some specific examples would be:
Hall of Fame
Comflex(only good thing about this one is my bias's lines)
Megaverse

These are also songs that they perform very often now. I can't stand all these songs that are like "we're so awesome look at how awesome we are" in the lyrics. Don't tell me you're great, show me.

(Everyone else in this thread has great music taste and here I am complaining about my Korean boy band...)

I totally get it! kpop specifically for me is very easy to come and go from groups depending on sound. I am actually the complete opposite where I did not like their older music that much and some of it I do not want to listen to at all. I have been around since their debut and I really liked the title miroh and side effects and some bsides but very rarely. Once they started doing stuff in 2020 and beyond I started liking it a lot more. That's just how it goes.
Y9HtHBM.gif hi i'm solar
i like Wildclaws too much
have a nice day everyone !
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o2_r1_100.png
I know this one might be a disagreeable one, but any modern Will Wood song. I'm glad he's in a better mental place now don't get me wrong, but his new music is just not my thing anymore.
I know this one might be a disagreeable one, but any modern Will Wood song. I'm glad he's in a better mental place now don't get me wrong, but his new music is just not my thing anymore.
Fiend | Any Pronouns

click on the Plaguebringer for my bio!
click on my sona for my art shop!
62L9xMb.gif 5SSgQr9.png
Tacky by Weird Al Yankovic. It's a parody of "Happy" by Pharrell Williams. I absolutely can't stand the song, so it's no surprise the parody bothers me. I love Weird Al's stuff though, so I forgive him.
Tacky by Weird Al Yankovic. It's a parody of "Happy" by Pharrell Williams. I absolutely can't stand the song, so it's no surprise the parody bothers me. I love Weird Al's stuff though, so I forgive him.
There is a certain song.. from a certain band I absolutely adore that I just can't stand. It's "__load of Money" by Sonata Arctica. They are my favorite band, even their more recent albums (most fans have a lot of disagreement post-Unia because they weren't really into power metal anymore, but there are so many amazing songs from their non-power albums!), but that song... I just like to pretend it doesn't exist.
There is a certain song.. from a certain band I absolutely adore that I just can't stand. It's "__load of Money" by Sonata Arctica. They are my favorite band, even their more recent albums (most fans have a lot of disagreement post-Unia because they weren't really into power metal anymore, but there are so many amazing songs from their non-power albums!), but that song... I just like to pretend it doesn't exist.
most of the songs from the fool in her wedding gown by the crane wives. not saying they're bad, BUT some of the parts just are not it (looking at you beginning of the strangler fig [emoji=dusthide sad size=1]) also greener and just apathy and you by th. the first two are the icky love songs of MMMM, they're bearable but I skip them 90% time (I don't think greener is that bad either, but the beginning is so bad man. it makes me cringe) and you... not my jam. the instrumental version could probably make me cry but I just don't enjoy the vocals.
most of the songs from the fool in her wedding gown by the crane wives. not saying they're bad, BUT some of the parts just are not it (looking at you beginning of the strangler fig )

also greener and just apathy and you by th. the first two are the icky love songs of MMMM, they're bearable but I skip them 90% time (I don't think greener is that bad either, but the beginning is so bad man. it makes me cringe) and you... not my jam. the instrumental version could probably make me cry but I just don't enjoy the vocals.
sincerely, june (i use she/they pronouns!)it's a cow skating
Cry, Cry, Cry! by Johnny Cash. I don't hate it because it sounds bad, hell, I don't even hate it at all. But I can't listen to it without crying myself. It doesn't trigger me necessarily, but it does spark some primal fear of abandonment in me.
Cry, Cry, Cry! by Johnny Cash. I don't hate it because it sounds bad, hell, I don't even hate it at all. But I can't listen to it without crying myself. It doesn't trigger me necessarily, but it does spark some primal fear of abandonment in me.
Silly guy, very stink, loves raving, rainbow and eat hot chip and LIE!!!
2bf6nnX.png 4MTkm8J.pngGW180jv.pngPjhDNyG.pngoYdS4J9.png Qwz7flm.png
hmlE0W8.pngk19P7h1.pngZqTATLu.pngNkk0jLq.pngKkw5lrF.pnga6XsLif.png
xszydnQ.pngePOliyb.pngjbMLSIO.pngQQYyU47.pngc0MyJPk.pngkCHWEjf.png
VDqpTLf.pngeswSnrS.pngFj9DUQD.pnggYW0j5f.pngL7aQfSh.png
Only real example I can think of is Hayloft II from Mother Mother. I know a lot of people hate on them now because they got popular (esp with younger LBGTQ+ folks) and that made it deserving of suddenly being called bad and cringe, but I think they are good even if I haven't kept up with their latest releases (last album I sat down and listened to was Dance and Cry). That said, when I listened to Hayloft II.... It's been a while, maybe my opinion will change once i relisten to it, but it sounded SO bad to me on first listening I was actually astonished. I was like "this was released?? and it's getting popular???? why???? it sounds horrible!"
Only real example I can think of is Hayloft II from Mother Mother. I know a lot of people hate on them now because they got popular (esp with younger LBGTQ+ folks) and that made it deserving of suddenly being called bad and cringe, but I think they are good even if I haven't kept up with their latest releases (last album I sat down and listened to was Dance and Cry). That said, when I listened to Hayloft II.... It's been a while, maybe my opinion will change once i relisten to it, but it sounded SO bad to me on first listening I was actually astonished. I was like "this was released?? and it's getting popular???? why???? it sounds horrible!"
3delmj.png
[quote name="DeathbyPixelz" date="2024-04-09 05:18:05" ] [quote name="FairValentine" date="2024-04-08 17:14:21" ] man....out of all the great songs that Glass Animals have made....why did Heat Waves have to be the one that got super popular in the mainstream [/quote] Wasn't it because of that weird rpf minecraft fic Also yeah, fellow GA fan here. Heat Waves is fine but after hearing it played EVERYWHERE it's hard to enjoy anymore :( [/quote] They did a pretty heavy marketing campaign leading up to the album and it was their first album in 4 years with a pretty big fanbase waiting for a new album which is probably why it got played everywhere, along with just being very radio playable (it was "the song of the summer" if you will). Realistically if the fanfiction had any influence on it going mainstream, it would be an extremely negative influence (i really doubt the general public has come around to fanfiction, much less rpf)
DeathbyPixelz wrote on 2024-04-09 05:18:05:
FairValentine wrote on 2024-04-08 17:14:21:
man....out of all the great songs that Glass Animals have made....why did Heat Waves have to be the one that got super popular in the mainstream

Wasn't it because of that weird rpf minecraft fic

Also yeah, fellow GA fan here. Heat Waves is fine but after hearing it played EVERYWHERE it's hard to enjoy anymore :(

They did a pretty heavy marketing campaign leading up to the album and it was their first album in 4 years with a pretty big fanbase waiting for a new album which is probably why it got played everywhere, along with just being very radio playable (it was "the song of the summer" if you will).

Realistically if the fanfiction had any influence on it going mainstream, it would be an extremely negative influence (i really doubt the general public has come around to fanfiction, much less rpf)
3delmj.png
I love alt-j but honestly "Adeline" did not hit. I was also disappointed with half of the The Dream, but not enough that I worry for the next album. If anything, I'm more eager to hear whatever they've got cookin now.

White Lies disappointed me too with "Time To Give", and it opens the album! I know they lean towards being longwinded (tbh not an issue for me), but this was 7+mins of a song I thought got pretty dull earlier on. But I love them so much I forgive it.

Honorable mention to a couple tracks on Modest Mouse's The Golden Casket that will go unnamed.
I love alt-j but honestly "Adeline" did not hit. I was also disappointed with half of the The Dream, but not enough that I worry for the next album. If anything, I'm more eager to hear whatever they've got cookin now.

White Lies disappointed me too with "Time To Give", and it opens the album! I know they lean towards being longwinded (tbh not an issue for me), but this was 7+mins of a song I thought got pretty dull earlier on. But I love them so much I forgive it.

Honorable mention to a couple tracks on Modest Mouse's The Golden Casket that will go unnamed.
einxuSg.pngqKZAaLK.pngm5Wt3n0.pngqRRjNIN.pngNk21WD8.pngPNL7eLT.pngUQye6pN.pngUFUmX1W.pngwishlisticon1.png
lJX7Tr5.png
1 2 3 4