Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dusthide Miscommunication
1 2 3 4
hey I dont think you can say that word on flight rising dot com

anyway I heard outside is lovely this time of year. (/lh)

Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
[quote name="DrSheep" date="2024-04-18 14:28:09" ] hey I dont think you can say that word on flight rising dot com anyway I heard outside is lovely this time of year. (/lh) [/quote] I went outside to touch grass and it told me to go back inside [emoji=firework size=1]
DrSheep wrote on 2024-04-18 14:28:09:

I went outside to touch grass and it told me to go back inside
2KAdknV.png
gTTW2gA.png
GW180jv.png
uVEyOnT.png
DshAKj6.png
iR2WNmx.png
m0cjLtv.png
Wait, the wings aren't actually wings???

That makes me a little bit sad, because as mentioned in this post. the way it sounded when we first got told about ancients, it SEEMED like we'd get more mold-breaking designs that doesn't really look super standard dragon like which is why abbies are my favourite breed (2 heads and two tails).

I like the new breed, the flat/rounded tail is very similar to that of my dragonsona OC I made but I fully understand people being a little disappointed because aside from abbies, no ancients we've had has been like...super breaking the mold.

Auraboas and Undertides are borderline since, while they still have wings, they have no legs (and tides have no limbs at all, it's just a water noodle with wings instead of fins) I think people have been hoping for more on the "extreme" side like abberations ended up being.

I still personally hope for a wingless bunny-like ancient someday (with the antler gene maybe? I'd love to turn my jackalope oc into one on FR) and a skeletal wyrm that just completely ignores the wings and limb stuff entirely respectively but so far the devs have, while making great ancients, just haven't seemed to make something that goes really crazy.

Aether dragons are cute and all but being an arcane ancient I was expecting something more...alien.

I think it's really just that in the end, people really just want more extreme designs and as long as the devs don't release one that truly breaks every rule for moderns (i.e, a literal earthworm with fangs drawn in some really squiggly positions lmao) we'll be wanting more out of them.
Wait, the wings aren't actually wings???

That makes me a little bit sad, because as mentioned in this post. the way it sounded when we first got told about ancients, it SEEMED like we'd get more mold-breaking designs that doesn't really look super standard dragon like which is why abbies are my favourite breed (2 heads and two tails).

I like the new breed, the flat/rounded tail is very similar to that of my dragonsona OC I made but I fully understand people being a little disappointed because aside from abbies, no ancients we've had has been like...super breaking the mold.

Auraboas and Undertides are borderline since, while they still have wings, they have no legs (and tides have no limbs at all, it's just a water noodle with wings instead of fins) I think people have been hoping for more on the "extreme" side like abberations ended up being.

I still personally hope for a wingless bunny-like ancient someday (with the antler gene maybe? I'd love to turn my jackalope oc into one on FR) and a skeletal wyrm that just completely ignores the wings and limb stuff entirely respectively but so far the devs have, while making great ancients, just haven't seemed to make something that goes really crazy.

Aether dragons are cute and all but being an arcane ancient I was expecting something more...alien.

I think it's really just that in the end, people really just want more extreme designs and as long as the devs don't release one that truly breaks every rule for moderns (i.e, a literal earthworm with fangs drawn in some really squiggly positions lmao) we'll be wanting more out of them.
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
@Aequorin

I figure you could clear this up better, since it's just an argument right now
@Aequorin

I figure you could clear this up better, since it's just an argument right now
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
oof. for the record monako i agree with you. i'd be much happier with dusthides if they didn't just...look like a modern. not being able to dress up ancients at all is a huge drawback for me so i do expect them to have more unique designs in return.
oof. for the record monako i agree with you. i'd be much happier with dusthides if they didn't just...look like a modern. not being able to dress up ancients at all is a huge drawback for me so i do expect them to have more unique designs in return.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
I always stuck by 1 head 4 legs and 2 usable wings but since I learned bogs and snappers can hardly fly on a good day I just define them as breeds with linebreaking genes.
also yes if only wind snappers can fly and bogsneaks can only glide this means that in hc the smallest, lightest, wind gaoler with the broadest wingspan can fly further cementing my tert gene stance
I always stuck by 1 head 4 legs and 2 usable wings but since I learned bogs and snappers can hardly fly on a good day I just define them as breeds with linebreaking genes.
also yes if only wind snappers can fly and bogsneaks can only glide this means that in hc the smallest, lightest, wind gaoler with the broadest wingspan can fly further cementing my tert gene stance
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
Tbh I'm fully relieved that I find Dusthides underwhelming while other people are delighted, because it'll give me a chance to work on some projects I've had languishing in my hibernal den forever and I won't have to work as hard to get my hands on the genes I need while others are focusing on the naked mole boulders! :D
Tbh I'm fully relieved that I find Dusthides underwhelming while other people are delighted, because it'll give me a chance to work on some projects I've had languishing in my hibernal den forever and I won't have to work as hard to get my hands on the genes I need while others are focusing on the naked mole boulders! :D
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
[quote name="Likewise" date="2024-04-18 14:17:34" ] "Sandsurge are a larger dragon breed with a sleek frame and massive horns. These dragons do not have the wings typical of most breeds, instead sporting a large webbed fan that runs down the length of their body. These membranous fans work to dissipate heat when above-ground, and to attract and harvest lightning strikes when just below." By this standard Spinosaurus also has wings. [/quote] grrr i hate drama but i cannot let this slander of my girl spino go... very incorrect comparison! the difference is, spinosaurus didn't live surrounded by other animals that sported wings that its sail very closely resembles, and offers the exact same cosmetic function as. sandsurge's fans are basically Wing-Lite™, and are only present so that they can have the visual functionality of wings without technically [i]having wings[/i] i know this isnt an important point but i just had to correct this lol @Likewise (not sure if quoting someone pings them?? sorry if accidental double ping *.*)
Likewise wrote on 2024-04-18 14:17:34:
"Sandsurge are a larger dragon breed with a sleek frame and massive horns. These dragons do not have the wings typical of most breeds, instead sporting a large webbed fan that runs down the length of their body. These membranous fans work to dissipate heat when above-ground, and to attract and harvest lightning strikes when just below."

By this standard Spinosaurus also has wings.

grrr i hate drama but i cannot let this slander of my girl spino go...

very incorrect comparison! the difference is, spinosaurus didn't live surrounded by other animals that sported wings that its sail very closely resembles, and offers the exact same cosmetic function as. sandsurge's fans are basically Wing-Lite™, and are only present so that they can have the visual functionality of wings without technically having wings

i know this isnt an important point but i just had to correct this lol

@Likewise (not sure if quoting someone pings them?? sorry if accidental double ping *.*)
fido / puppy! :3c

ezgif-4-3fe551c58c.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pupgender.png
it-pup.png
autistic-1.png
FR-time-19.png
daeb6df-1b7c633f-bfb3-4010-8bef-b9b82880da92.gif
xxxxxxxxxx
ezgif-4-005202d4be.png
ezgif-4-585f0a6e2b.gif
coli-quest.png
wishlist-1.png
fav-dragon.png
xxxxxezgif-4-58858066a1.gif
[quote name="@puppymedes" date="2024-04-18 15:17:14" ] ...not sure if quoting someone pings them?? ... [/quote] it does not, but if you want to just add an @ right before the name in the quote code
@puppymedes wrote on 2024-04-18 15:17:14:
...not sure if quoting someone pings them?? ...
it does not, but if you want to just add an @ right before the name in the quote code
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
[quote name="@Sciatica" date="2024-04-18 15:22:06" ] [quote name="@puppymedes" date="2024-04-18 15:17:14" ] ...not sure if quoting someone pings them?? ... [/quote] it does not, but if you want to just add an @ right before the name in the quote code [/quote] oh i didnt know that'd work! thank u i'll remember that! :D
@Sciatica wrote on 2024-04-18 15:22:06:
@puppymedes wrote on 2024-04-18 15:17:14:
...not sure if quoting someone pings them?? ...
it does not, but if you want to just add an @ right before the name in the quote code

oh i didnt know that'd work! thank u i'll remember that! :D
fido / puppy! :3c

ezgif-4-3fe551c58c.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pupgender.png
it-pup.png
autistic-1.png
FR-time-19.png
daeb6df-1b7c633f-bfb3-4010-8bef-b9b82880da92.gif
xxxxxxxxxx
ezgif-4-005202d4be.png
ezgif-4-585f0a6e2b.gif