Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Best Ancient Change My Mind
1 2 3 4
I fully agree with you here, they're so good! I want another 20 of them in my lair
I fully agree with you here, they're so good! I want another 20 of them in my lair
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
Still doesn't knock Veilspuns out from the top for me, but definately a good ancient!
Still doesn't knock Veilspuns out from the top for me, but definately a good ancient!
QYzhmAi.png
yeah, no. dusthides are the aliexpress version of sandsurges
yeah, no. dusthides are the aliexpress version of sandsurges
I'm bad at picking favorites. I love the dusties because they can either be really cute or really scary, and there is no in-between. They're such a versatile dragon.

But the other ancients I really like are undertides, veilspuns, and auroboas. Abbies are pretty cool too - I like how derpy they look as hatchies, and I like their adult poses too.

Lorewise it's harder to pick. I love the aether and undertide lore. And the banescale lore - I have a soft spot for that one.
I'm bad at picking favorites. I love the dusties because they can either be really cute or really scary, and there is no in-between. They're such a versatile dragon.

But the other ancients I really like are undertides, veilspuns, and auroboas. Abbies are pretty cool too - I like how derpy they look as hatchies, and I like their adult poses too.

Lorewise it's harder to pick. I love the aether and undertide lore. And the banescale lore - I have a soft spot for that one.
LxbWmll.png
They're so cute, they're so fun, they're so bald
They're so cute, they're so fun, they're so bald
redoing this soon
I find Dusthides really charming, but I'm also in Earth flight.

I do hope they get more head coverage terts in the future, I think the baldness is part of what throws people off, but if it allows for some awesome terts that really transform their faces, I think others will warm up to them more.

As for my favorite ancients, my lair would suggest aethers, sandsurges, aberrations and I'm sure I will acquire several dusthides as well.

I want to love veils and goalors but they're lacking in the gene department for me to really embrace them yet. Auraboas might also fall into this category.

Can't love banescales and undertides, I struggle so much to work with them, but I'm sure future terts will also help with that.
I find Dusthides really charming, but I'm also in Earth flight.

I do hope they get more head coverage terts in the future, I think the baldness is part of what throws people off, but if it allows for some awesome terts that really transform their faces, I think others will warm up to them more.

As for my favorite ancients, my lair would suggest aethers, sandsurges, aberrations and I'm sure I will acquire several dusthides as well.

I want to love veils and goalors but they're lacking in the gene department for me to really embrace them yet. Auraboas might also fall into this category.

Can't love banescales and undertides, I struggle so much to work with them, but I'm sure future terts will also help with that.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

I love their smooth bald heads. Their silly sloth feet. Their chunky grub tails. A very fun species overall! I know they're not to everyone's taste, but they're certainly mine!
I love their smooth bald heads. Their silly sloth feet. Their chunky grub tails. A very fun species overall! I know they're not to everyone's taste, but they're certainly mine!
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
every single aether is a good aether, and gaos are right there with them for all being my babies <3 dusties aren't SUUUUPER my thing but I do still like them a lot (as I tend to do with most ancients in general)
every single aether is a good aether, and gaos are right there with them for all being my babies <3 dusties aren't SUUUUPER my thing but I do still like them a lot (as I tend to do with most ancients in general)
My favorite Ancient used to be Undertides, followed closely by Auraboas but the Dusthides beat both of them by a long stretch!!
My favorite Ancient used to be Undertides, followed closely by Auraboas but the Dusthides beat both of them by a long stretch!!
13578.png24847.png480.png ARAxlYW.png
5iXiC8z.png
ll0CfnD.png
Honestly, the [i]only[/i] Ancient I've had a hard time falling in love with is Sandsurges— I was fully prepared to dislike Veilspun (and okay with it, because gem breed) because I didn't like the F pose, but the M pose changed my mind and I now have Too Many Veilspun, even including a few F pose to wear skins. It isn't even that I dislike Sandsurges, it's just that nothing about them really grabbed me the way it did for other Ancients, and they're a gem breed so honestly I didn't bother really trying. I've got my two, I might like one more for the M pose, but other than that, if I never really love them, that's okay. My wallet will thank me (since I'm mostly G1 for new dragons at this point). But literally every other Ancient has their moment in the sun with me— I've got Banescale plans, I've got Gaoler plans… I've got three Dusthides in progress already and plans for more (a lot of my Sandsurge scries are getting Dustified, I am THRILLED because I love their gene-sets even more overall) I can never have enough Undertide scrolls or plans… Aethers are gonna grab me back after their gene expansion, I bet, since I love their lore, Abberations are just consistently fantastic… at this point I'm probably forgetting an Ancient, but, yeah, everyone is great. [emoji=ridgeback happy size=1] Edit: I forgot my Auraboas! They have an entire tab to themselves because I was making too many sneks, I love them. [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1]
Honestly, the only Ancient I've had a hard time falling in love with is Sandsurges— I was fully prepared to dislike Veilspun (and okay with it, because gem breed) because I didn't like the F pose, but the M pose changed my mind and I now have Too Many Veilspun, even including a few F pose to wear skins.

It isn't even that I dislike Sandsurges, it's just that nothing about them really grabbed me the way it did for other Ancients, and they're a gem breed so honestly I didn't bother really trying. I've got my two, I might like one more for the M pose, but other than that, if I never really love them, that's okay. My wallet will thank me (since I'm mostly G1 for new dragons at this point).

But literally every other Ancient has their moment in the sun with me— I've got Banescale plans, I've got Gaoler plans… I've got three Dusthides in progress already and plans for more (a lot of my Sandsurge scries are getting Dustified, I am THRILLED because I love their gene-sets even more overall) I can never have enough Undertide scrolls or plans… Aethers are gonna grab me back after their gene expansion, I bet, since I love their lore, Abberations are just consistently fantastic… at this point I'm probably forgetting an Ancient, but, yeah, everyone is great.

Edit: I forgot my Auraboas! They have an entire tab to themselves because I was making too many sneks, I love them.
1 2 3 4