Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I've been Accused of AI Generated Art???
1 2 3
It's funny because the only thing that even remotely looks like it could be an AI "style" are all traditionally painted pieces that, obviously, can't be AI generated.

Anyway, they're just being annoying. Unfortunately I've also seen cases where even having raw files and potential timelapses couldn't save someone because the admins simply refused to look or listen at all.

This happens all the time now; witchhunting a bunch of artists because "it's obviously AI generated" (no, it's "obviously" not, and for some of these artists, if you look at their past work you can see that particular style they use pre-dates AI by a very long time)

I've also seen some people accuse artists because they seem jealous or can't comprehend someone can do something. I remember once someone was CONVINCED this piece of art was AI generated because "i can't do perspective like that and neither can my friends" LOL just because you can't do it doesn't mean someone else can't either
It's funny because the only thing that even remotely looks like it could be an AI "style" are all traditionally painted pieces that, obviously, can't be AI generated.

Anyway, they're just being annoying. Unfortunately I've also seen cases where even having raw files and potential timelapses couldn't save someone because the admins simply refused to look or listen at all.

This happens all the time now; witchhunting a bunch of artists because "it's obviously AI generated" (no, it's "obviously" not, and for some of these artists, if you look at their past work you can see that particular style they use pre-dates AI by a very long time)

I've also seen some people accuse artists because they seem jealous or can't comprehend someone can do something. I remember once someone was CONVINCED this piece of art was AI generated because "i can't do perspective like that and neither can my friends" LOL just because you can't do it doesn't mean someone else can't either

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
I took a good look at your art and it's pretty clearly not AI generated.
Even in the more complex pieces that someone could plausibly accuse of being AI, if you look at the way they're patterned, they have too much intention and clarity to be AI. If it was generated imagery, it would be more purposeless noise.
This is why I believe that people should learn the hallmarks of AI generated imagery so as not to accuse real artists of not doing their own art.
I took a good look at your art and it's pretty clearly not AI generated.
Even in the more complex pieces that someone could plausibly accuse of being AI, if you look at the way they're patterned, they have too much intention and clarity to be AI. If it was generated imagery, it would be more purposeless noise.
This is why I believe that people should learn the hallmarks of AI generated imagery so as not to accuse real artists of not doing their own art.
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
[quote name="QuetzalMuse" date="2024-04-17 20:01:57" ] With the rise of AI art and how it’s making the reliability of everything shaky at best, this is simply a very painful thing that artists will have to live with now. Until the day that AI sites are required to watermark everything that’s made, we’ll continue to be accused of this just because we’ve made something at all. (Snip) [/quote] Wait, aren't there new laws being juggled around in some countries that acknowledge this problem? Idk though.
QuetzalMuse wrote on 2024-04-17 20:01:57:
With the rise of AI art and how it’s making the reliability of everything shaky at best, this is simply a very painful thing that artists will have to live with now. Until the day that AI sites are required to watermark everything that’s made, we’ll continue to be accused of this just because we’ve made something at all.
(Snip)
Wait, aren't there new laws being juggled around in some countries that acknowledge this problem? Idk though.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png94411743.png
i don't know what the general consensus on filters is (i assume that's what your most recent piece is using?) nor do i even know what filters are so i can't comment on that. honestly i thought ai accusations were going to be leveled mostly at professional artists because that seems to be the only art worth copying by these programmers but it seems anyone making unconventional art is getting accused too. its a mess out there are it hurts that people who genuinely struggle with anatomy or just use brushes too hard, as difficult as it is to just ignore and move on i think that's the only way to really deal with this stuff. too much fearmongering and misunderstanding of digital art as a whole has lead to this, like i solely use ms paint to draw but i know what brushes are and how they work i cut my teeth on gimp back in the day. there are so many free use assets out there and to see that stuff getting lumped in with ai is really obnoxious like clip art has been a thing since the early 1900's.

but yeah your traditional art is clearly drawn by hand, your spirals style is absolutely incredible by the way, and though digital art is a different beast entirely i can tell both styles are made by you (your artworks are consistent within those two mediums anyways). again a lack of understanding about digital art from people accusing others, mediums don't translate between each other someone who is skilled with markers doesn't guarentee they'll be good with watercolors. i draw with pencils for traditional and use my mouse for digital, its not comparable in the slighest. anyways sorry for a wall of text i just feel like this is a workaround that artists have to tell others their work is garbage without using that language. its not you suck at art anymore its you're using ai now.
i don't know what the general consensus on filters is (i assume that's what your most recent piece is using?) nor do i even know what filters are so i can't comment on that. honestly i thought ai accusations were going to be leveled mostly at professional artists because that seems to be the only art worth copying by these programmers but it seems anyone making unconventional art is getting accused too. its a mess out there are it hurts that people who genuinely struggle with anatomy or just use brushes too hard, as difficult as it is to just ignore and move on i think that's the only way to really deal with this stuff. too much fearmongering and misunderstanding of digital art as a whole has lead to this, like i solely use ms paint to draw but i know what brushes are and how they work i cut my teeth on gimp back in the day. there are so many free use assets out there and to see that stuff getting lumped in with ai is really obnoxious like clip art has been a thing since the early 1900's.

but yeah your traditional art is clearly drawn by hand, your spirals style is absolutely incredible by the way, and though digital art is a different beast entirely i can tell both styles are made by you (your artworks are consistent within those two mediums anyways). again a lack of understanding about digital art from people accusing others, mediums don't translate between each other someone who is skilled with markers doesn't guarentee they'll be good with watercolors. i draw with pencils for traditional and use my mouse for digital, its not comparable in the slighest. anyways sorry for a wall of text i just feel like this is a workaround that artists have to tell others their work is garbage without using that language. its not you suck at art anymore its you're using ai now.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
I imagine it's the geometric shading on the 'art example 2022' pic.

It's pretty inconsistent with your other work. That sort of shading generally requires a really good grasp of shape and colour. It's also not stylistically consistent with the style of your other work, if that makes sense? I imagine that's the filter you mentioned?

It does like kind of like AI art.
I imagine it's the geometric shading on the 'art example 2022' pic.

It's pretty inconsistent with your other work. That sort of shading generally requires a really good grasp of shape and colour. It's also not stylistically consistent with the style of your other work, if that makes sense? I imagine that's the filter you mentioned?

It does like kind of like AI art.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
From seeing AI art way too annoyingly much, the art style doesn't really match a lot of the typical fake art. The lineart and especially some of the other color work is too intricate, the colors aren't really flat and not to mention your pieces of traditional art where you can see the paper texture and brush strokes lol.

Do you have any programs that can export drawings as a psd file? I heard that tactic be used to prove someone's art was real, but it also means not merging layers. Either that or speed painting, documenting the process, etc.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I did see someone made a comment on your page accusing you (or insulting you) because they thought your drawings were fake, but they didn't really seem like that nice of a person...

That might also be where this person is getting their idea from? I can't say for sure, but if they are just being difficult and refuse any piece of evidence, I'd say probably just go move on, then. I've seen that quite a bit, and it's pretty annoying, honestly.

Sorry that happened, btw.
From seeing AI art way too annoyingly much, the art style doesn't really match a lot of the typical fake art. The lineart and especially some of the other color work is too intricate, the colors aren't really flat and not to mention your pieces of traditional art where you can see the paper texture and brush strokes lol.

Do you have any programs that can export drawings as a psd file? I heard that tactic be used to prove someone's art was real, but it also means not merging layers. Either that or speed painting, documenting the process, etc.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I did see someone made a comment on your page accusing you (or insulting you) because they thought your drawings were fake, but they didn't really seem like that nice of a person...

That might also be where this person is getting their idea from? I can't say for sure, but if they are just being difficult and refuse any piece of evidence, I'd say probably just go move on, then. I've seen that quite a bit, and it's pretty annoying, honestly.

Sorry that happened, btw.
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))
This kind of thing is really setting a dangerous precedent for anyone who wants to post their creative work online. I definitely lean more towards being anti-AI, but the sheer amount of toxicity I've seen because of the mere possibility that something might be AI-generated is insane, and one of the reasons I don't use mainstream social media networks for art anymore.
This kind of thing is really setting a dangerous precedent for anyone who wants to post their creative work online. I definitely lean more towards being anti-AI, but the sheer amount of toxicity I've seen because of the mere possibility that something might be AI-generated is insane, and one of the reasons I don't use mainstream social media networks for art anymore.
tn0RSo5.pngpyAp3dI.png
MUYNhfy.pngbYt72YT.png
mtHAEL4.pngBS4vqBB.png

Please read the bios/broadcast messages of my dragons before referring to them! Many of them have genders other than what they were assigned by the game :)
As someone who can usually pick out when something is AI generated fairly well.. I dont see anything that looks AI on your TH. This may just be a case of someone with very little art experience deciding that anything semi complex has to be AI

I am not a fan of AI in the sense of it replacing work for actual artists, but the aggressive hate some people have is also a bit much. I've played with it just to mess around and entertain myself. I wouldn't use it for actual character art or anything. I think the most I used it was making reaction meme style art of my stardew character on my new playthough. But yeah I was just making myself laugh because Im a dork.

I'd try not to worry about it. Their reaction is more a reflection on them than it is you.
As someone who can usually pick out when something is AI generated fairly well.. I dont see anything that looks AI on your TH. This may just be a case of someone with very little art experience deciding that anything semi complex has to be AI

I am not a fan of AI in the sense of it replacing work for actual artists, but the aggressive hate some people have is also a bit much. I've played with it just to mess around and entertain myself. I wouldn't use it for actual character art or anything. I think the most I used it was making reaction meme style art of my stardew character on my new playthough. But yeah I was just making myself laugh because Im a dork.

I'd try not to worry about it. Their reaction is more a reflection on them than it is you.
gl-1430847-1570843411.jpg
your art is beautiful. don't worry too much about it; that person is clearly just uneducated about what AI art actually looks like (and how to talk to artists lol)

just keep making art in the way that makes you happy. can't appease everybody.
your art is beautiful. don't worry too much about it; that person is clearly just uneducated about what AI art actually looks like (and how to talk to artists lol)

just keep making art in the way that makes you happy. can't appease everybody.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
Honestly, people say anything is AI these days. Even if it's slightly detailed.
I did a study of an eye and someone said it's AI generated, even though the strokes of the brush were clear as day
Honestly, people say anything is AI these days. Even if it's slightly detailed.
I did a study of an eye and someone said it's AI generated, even though the strokes of the brush were clear as day
1 2 3