Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Story of a Flower Event & Raffle
1 2 3 4 5 6
The Things We Don't Say
"I promised to write." The thought hit him like a thick snowfall. It was quiet at first, but bit by bit it grew louder and louder, utterly unbearable. He had promised. And then he had lost himself to the mortal world for... Gladekeeper knows how long. He had even picked up their way of speaking! He knew the Gladekeeper cared not for him. Or his children.
Yet he had been drawn to these dragons, to this domain. Nature spoke to him, resonated with his soul. This was his home, these were his dragons. Not that that excused the forgotten promise. What if they thought he was dead? Then again, if he was dead he would have returned home, back to the Graveyard where he belonged. No, not belonged. Where he and his family came from.

The broken promise clung like an oily film to his very soul. It went against everything he stood for. The only way he could find relief, to purge that slimy feeling, was to make good on it.
Pen and paper were easy to find. The words to say to her were not. What could a lost son say to his mother, his wonderful mother?

Dear G” no-
“Dearest Gladioli,
I'm so sorry I'm so glad I finally remembered get to talk to you again. I hope you and the others at the cave haven't missed me too much have been well and your work busy fulfilling.
I suppose I should As far as my life, it's been good. I hate that I forgot to tell you Since leaving you the caves, it feels like so much has happened, and yet not very much. I traveled a long while driven away from you the caves, and came to a verdant place with many flowers. The dragons here are kind to me, and one, my dear friend Peirce, named me Mentha. He is wise in both plant life and mortal life, and we have many long talks. He recently found a mate, so I've had more time to myself lately.
I have a mate too. The beautiful Etheria. We've had many beautiful hatchlings, though many-” his pen hesitated over the paper. He scratched yet another line. “though many many that I've led guided carried home across the to the towards you, near the Veil to the Graveyard once more. Sometimes I fancy that they keep coming back to me, their little buds looking so much like a past soul's. It's agonizing hard to see them go, and I dread wonder if this most recent nest will die too follow them. I have a haunting overfull bountiful garden from honoring them.
The dragons of this clan do not see much battle or death. Besides my beautiful children. There is little for me to do but tend to the souls that still fill bodies. I can see that these ones are vibrant and healthy. Many Countless dragons go out from here. When they are committed to a deity, I do a small ritual for them smaller than for my lost little ones and plant a flower in the glade. This garden too flourishes, and the clan is touched by my work.
There are greater dragons than me I am one of many powerful gifted dragons in this clan. We have many skilled warriors, though I don't know what they fight for. There are seers, though little comes to pass. All in all, we know peace.
Is it peaceful there? You have always been-” what had she been? How could he put all that into words? “a strong leader” too impersonal. “my biggest comfort” those words rang hollow in the years of silence despite their truth. “like a balm that soothes every hurt. Even after so long from here I know your love burns strong as ever, and I imagine the others who didn't abandon you still with you can feel its warmth every day.
I wish I could feel your embrace again I could visit, and perhaps if you still even want me if you write back we could arrange it. I look forward to perhaps hearing from you. Please thank Ymr for carrying this to you.
With love
Sincerely
All the best
My regards
Mentha”

As he finished writing the final letter he stared at it. The ink soaked into the page. It felt very final, very impersonal.
He picked one of his flowers from his arm, as near to his heart as he could, and set it on the page. With careful, deliberate movements he folded the sheet around his flower, pressing it flat within its embrace. He tucked it into an envelope and sealed it.

When his letter finally arrived, this is what Gladioli found.
Mentha wrote:
Dearest Gladioli,
I'm so glad I finally get to talk to you again. I hope you and the others at the cave have been well and your work fulfilling.
As far as my life, it's been good. Since leaving the caves, it feels like so much has happened, and yet not very much. I traveled a long while away from the caves, and came to a verdant place with many flowers. The dragons here are kind to me, and one, my dear friend Peirce, named me Mentha. He is wise in both plant life and mortal life, and we have many long talks. He recently found a mate, so I've had more time to myself lately.
I have a mate too. The beautiful Etheria. We've had many beautiful hatchlings, many that I've carried towards you, near the Veil to the Graveyard once more. It's hard to see them go, and I wonder if this most recent nest will follow them. I have a bountiful garden from honoring them.
The dragons of this clan do not see much battle or death. There is little for me to do but tend to the souls that still fill bodies. I can see that these ones are vibrant and healthy. Countless dragons go out from here. When they are committed to a deity, I do a small ritual for them and plant a flower in the glade. This garden too flourishes, and the clan is touched by my work.
I am one of many gifted dragons in this clan. We have many skilled warriors, though I don't know what they fight for. There are seers, though little comes to pass. All in all, we know peace.
Is it peaceful there? You have always been like a balm that soothes every hurt. Even from here I know your love burns strong as ever, and I imagine the others still with you can feel its warmth every day.
I wish I could visit, and perhaps if you write back we could arrange it. I look forward to hearing from you. Please thank Ymr for carrying this to you.

CAmaPtK.pngMentha

Hopefully the "wip" version of the letter isn't awful to read, and given the quoted bit is just a cleaned version I understand if it doesn't count towards the word count. I figured it would make both reading and ensuring the letter is of sufficient length easier.
Edit: oop word count is 867 without the cleaned up version (1239 for the whole document)
The Things We Don't Say
"I promised to write." The thought hit him like a thick snowfall. It was quiet at first, but bit by bit it grew louder and louder, utterly unbearable. He had promised. And then he had lost himself to the mortal world for... Gladekeeper knows how long. He had even picked up their way of speaking! He knew the Gladekeeper cared not for him. Or his children.
Yet he had been drawn to these dragons, to this domain. Nature spoke to him, resonated with his soul. This was his home, these were his dragons. Not that that excused the forgotten promise. What if they thought he was dead? Then again, if he was dead he would have returned home, back to the Graveyard where he belonged. No, not belonged. Where he and his family came from.

The broken promise clung like an oily film to his very soul. It went against everything he stood for. The only way he could find relief, to purge that slimy feeling, was to make good on it.
Pen and paper were easy to find. The words to say to her were not. What could a lost son say to his mother, his wonderful mother?

Dear G” no-
“Dearest Gladioli,
I'm so sorry I'm so glad I finally remembered get to talk to you again. I hope you and the others at the cave haven't missed me too much have been well and your work busy fulfilling.
I suppose I should As far as my life, it's been good. I hate that I forgot to tell you Since leaving you the caves, it feels like so much has happened, and yet not very much. I traveled a long while driven away from you the caves, and came to a verdant place with many flowers. The dragons here are kind to me, and one, my dear friend Peirce, named me Mentha. He is wise in both plant life and mortal life, and we have many long talks. He recently found a mate, so I've had more time to myself lately.
I have a mate too. The beautiful Etheria. We've had many beautiful hatchlings, though many-” his pen hesitated over the paper. He scratched yet another line. “though many many that I've led guided carried home across the to the towards you, near the Veil to the Graveyard once more. Sometimes I fancy that they keep coming back to me, their little buds looking so much like a past soul's. It's agonizing hard to see them go, and I dread wonder if this most recent nest will die too follow them. I have a haunting overfull bountiful garden from honoring them.
The dragons of this clan do not see much battle or death. Besides my beautiful children. There is little for me to do but tend to the souls that still fill bodies. I can see that these ones are vibrant and healthy. Many Countless dragons go out from here. When they are committed to a deity, I do a small ritual for them smaller than for my lost little ones and plant a flower in the glade. This garden too flourishes, and the clan is touched by my work.
There are greater dragons than me I am one of many powerful gifted dragons in this clan. We have many skilled warriors, though I don't know what they fight for. There are seers, though little comes to pass. All in all, we know peace.
Is it peaceful there? You have always been-” what had she been? How could he put all that into words? “a strong leader” too impersonal. “my biggest comfort” those words rang hollow in the years of silence despite their truth. “like a balm that soothes every hurt. Even after so long from here I know your love burns strong as ever, and I imagine the others who didn't abandon you still with you can feel its warmth every day.
I wish I could feel your embrace again I could visit, and perhaps if you still even want me if you write back we could arrange it. I look forward to perhaps hearing from you. Please thank Ymr for carrying this to you.
With love
Sincerely
All the best
My regards
Mentha”

As he finished writing the final letter he stared at it. The ink soaked into the page. It felt very final, very impersonal.
He picked one of his flowers from his arm, as near to his heart as he could, and set it on the page. With careful, deliberate movements he folded the sheet around his flower, pressing it flat within its embrace. He tucked it into an envelope and sealed it.

When his letter finally arrived, this is what Gladioli found.
Mentha wrote:
Dearest Gladioli,
I'm so glad I finally get to talk to you again. I hope you and the others at the cave have been well and your work fulfilling.
As far as my life, it's been good. Since leaving the caves, it feels like so much has happened, and yet not very much. I traveled a long while away from the caves, and came to a verdant place with many flowers. The dragons here are kind to me, and one, my dear friend Peirce, named me Mentha. He is wise in both plant life and mortal life, and we have many long talks. He recently found a mate, so I've had more time to myself lately.
I have a mate too. The beautiful Etheria. We've had many beautiful hatchlings, many that I've carried towards you, near the Veil to the Graveyard once more. It's hard to see them go, and I wonder if this most recent nest will follow them. I have a bountiful garden from honoring them.
The dragons of this clan do not see much battle or death. There is little for me to do but tend to the souls that still fill bodies. I can see that these ones are vibrant and healthy. Countless dragons go out from here. When they are committed to a deity, I do a small ritual for them and plant a flower in the glade. This garden too flourishes, and the clan is touched by my work.
I am one of many gifted dragons in this clan. We have many skilled warriors, though I don't know what they fight for. There are seers, though little comes to pass. All in all, we know peace.
Is it peaceful there? You have always been like a balm that soothes every hurt. Even from here I know your love burns strong as ever, and I imagine the others still with you can feel its warmth every day.
I wish I could visit, and perhaps if you write back we could arrange it. I look forward to hearing from you. Please thank Ymr for carrying this to you.

CAmaPtK.pngMentha

Hopefully the "wip" version of the letter isn't awful to read, and given the quoted bit is just a cleaned version I understand if it doesn't count towards the word count. I figured it would make both reading and ensuring the letter is of sufficient length easier.
Edit: oop word count is 867 without the cleaned up version (1239 for the whole document)
Looking for some dragons!futYkXZ.pngw8o0xW1.png
[center] [emoji=left wing size=1]Bump #16[emoji=right wing size=1] [/center]
Bump #16

35.png

iiILKcw.png
VC0STZ4.png

35.png

Bumpity bump bump
Bumpity bump bump
[center] [emoji=left wing size=1]Bump #17[emoji=right wing size=1] [/center]
Bump #17

35.png

iiILKcw.png
VC0STZ4.png

35.png

[center] [emoji=left wing size=1]Bump #18[emoji=right wing size=1] [/center]
Bump #18

35.png

iiILKcw.png
VC0STZ4.png

35.png

@XxCalypsoxX @venipede @AquamarineNaga @sp580s

Hello all! I'm extending this raffle another two weeks because, at the moment, I'm still sick as a dog and cannot quite keep up with anything, including breathing to my great displeasure :'))) I'm behind on literally everything ever and, if this is a problem, please let me know and I'll refund you any tickets purchased.

Also @/sp580s that was such a beautiful letter?? I honestly love that you included all the things you did with the crossed out parts and whatnot, it tells a whole story and then some ;A; I've been trying to put together an in-character response for you, just... also behind on that :') And it absolutely all counts towards the word count! I'll get the tickets added to the sheet soon ;A;
@XxCalypsoxX @venipede @AquamarineNaga @sp580s

Hello all! I'm extending this raffle another two weeks because, at the moment, I'm still sick as a dog and cannot quite keep up with anything, including breathing to my great displeasure :'))) I'm behind on literally everything ever and, if this is a problem, please let me know and I'll refund you any tickets purchased.

Also @/sp580s that was such a beautiful letter?? I honestly love that you included all the things you did with the crossed out parts and whatnot, it tells a whole story and then some ;A; I've been trying to put together an in-character response for you, just... also behind on that :') And it absolutely all counts towards the word count! I'll get the tickets added to the sheet soon ;A;
___________________ 70571229.png ______
adult player | FR+9 | lore fanatic
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
Bump! (#1)

Edit: Also, do you accept any dragon breeds in the lore response or does it have to be a Gaoler? Get well soon!
Bump! (#1)

Edit: Also, do you accept any dragon breeds in the lore response or does it have to be a Gaoler? Get well soon!
ayo12He.gif
mHQOO11.gif
hi. - a new(ish), slightly clueless player.
she/her | FR Time +3 | semi-active
mHQOO11.gif
@TeenyTK get well soon!
And I'm glad you liked it and it conveyed what I was trying to convey ^-^
Zero rush on an in character response, especially since you're sick, but also letters take time lol
@TeenyTK get well soon!
And I'm glad you liked it and it conveyed what I was trying to convey ^-^
Zero rush on an in character response, especially since you're sick, but also letters take time lol
Bump!
Bump!
space i am spacing out sTWVucR.png Clayton | she/they | FR +3 VC0STZ4.png
[center] [emoji=left wing size=1]Bump #19[emoji=right wing size=1] [/center]
Bump #19

35.png

iiILKcw.png
VC0STZ4.png

35.png

1 2 3 4 5 6