Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Consensus on buying gened G1's?
1 2 3 4
What is the general consensus on buying already gened G1's?

I've been thinking of offloading alot of my G1s I have as I may or may not be looking to possibly take a hiatus (or at least drastically reduce my activity) from the site because of reasons with my comfort on the this site.

So out of pure curiosity, I'm just wondering how people feel about buying them.

I'm sorry if I am annoying.
What is the general consensus on buying already gened G1's?

I've been thinking of offloading alot of my G1s I have as I may or may not be looking to possibly take a hiatus (or at least drastically reduce my activity) from the site because of reasons with my comfort on the this site.

So out of pure curiosity, I'm just wondering how people feel about buying them.

I'm sorry if I am annoying.
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
I will buy gened G1s if they are still priced within range for their colors, if that makes sense. c: I might be willing to pay more if I plan on keeping their genes/breed as is, but it really depends! Sorry if this isn't very helpful.

(Also, you are not being annoying! It's fine to ask questions or request input. If anyone is overly cruel to you for asking a question, that is a reflection of their own self and not you. Not sure if that's comforting at all, but I thought I'd say it anyway!)
I will buy gened G1s if they are still priced within range for their colors, if that makes sense. c: I might be willing to pay more if I plan on keeping their genes/breed as is, but it really depends! Sorry if this isn't very helpful.

(Also, you are not being annoying! It's fine to ask questions or request input. If anyone is overly cruel to you for asking a question, that is a reflection of their own self and not you. Not sure if that's comforting at all, but I thought I'd say it anyway!)
I specifically go looking for them! They can be hard to find in the sales forum (or if they exist, they're priced very high) but I've had amazing luck just setting the gems to 250/500 or so in the AH, setting it to G1s, and running across some lovely gened G1s that people are trying to get rid of.

Basically... I like some aspects of G1s a lot and would theoretically love to collect more of them, but 1. the mass hatchers that try to sell pages of them tend to price them VERY high, especially considering I'd need to spend hundreds of thousands of treasure on genes after buying their 800 gem XYZ... and 2. the already-gened ones scratch the itch I have for this site: impulsively buying pretty dragons!

When I see triple basic hatchlings, it can be really hard for me to gene them from scratch myself, even if I like the color combo in theory. I like getting inspired from a not-quite-blank slate.

So uh, if you sell them, at least one person will be browsing them!
I specifically go looking for them! They can be hard to find in the sales forum (or if they exist, they're priced very high) but I've had amazing luck just setting the gems to 250/500 or so in the AH, setting it to G1s, and running across some lovely gened G1s that people are trying to get rid of.

Basically... I like some aspects of G1s a lot and would theoretically love to collect more of them, but 1. the mass hatchers that try to sell pages of them tend to price them VERY high, especially considering I'd need to spend hundreds of thousands of treasure on genes after buying their 800 gem XYZ... and 2. the already-gened ones scratch the itch I have for this site: impulsively buying pretty dragons!

When I see triple basic hatchlings, it can be really hard for me to gene them from scratch myself, even if I like the color combo in theory. I like getting inspired from a not-quite-blank slate.

So uh, if you sell them, at least one person will be browsing them!
phloxxy-1.png phloxxy-2.png s-t-gq.png
ace.png
demiro.png
7fFdbks.png
xjB7OSe.png
candle-smol.png
i saw someone say its similar to buying a house, most people want a blank space as it is easier to think of a new concept than change it and is cheaper versus redoing something that already has a set style if that makes sense...
i saw someone say its similar to buying a house, most people want a blank space as it is easier to think of a new concept than change it and is cheaper versus redoing something that already has a set style if that makes sense...
Vj0BLbc.png
I find them hard to find on the AH, but I would definitely buy them! That’s a lot of work cut out for me, haha.
I find them hard to find on the AH, but I would definitely buy them! That’s a lot of work cut out for me, haha.
v2fvT9R.png
I've done it before! But when I hunt for G1s I usually have a specific combo/range in mind already so whether they're gened or not doesn't really matter to me. I'm not really interested in paying higher for them though because I'm going to completely change the genes anyway when I buy them.
I've done it before! But when I hunt for G1s I usually have a specific combo/range in mind already so whether they're gened or not doesn't really matter to me. I'm not really interested in paying higher for them though because I'm going to completely change the genes anyway when I buy them.
I haven't had the pleasure myself, they're usually out of my budget and g1s generally aren't my jam, but I have heard of folks buying them. I can certainly see the appeal of buying pre-gened though; an ungened g1 is very daunting to start, I've plenty of those sitting around just waiting and waiting. lol I've definitely also heard that you won't necessarily make back what you put into it though, that seems to be true regardless of gen, so don't expect them to sell for what you paid into them. And... if they're too expensive folks won't bite either regardless, but... You probably know that already.

But again, I don't deal with g1s all that often.
I haven't had the pleasure myself, they're usually out of my budget and g1s generally aren't my jam, but I have heard of folks buying them. I can certainly see the appeal of buying pre-gened though; an ungened g1 is very daunting to start, I've plenty of those sitting around just waiting and waiting. lol I've definitely also heard that you won't necessarily make back what you put into it though, that seems to be true regardless of gen, so don't expect them to sell for what you paid into them. And... if they're too expensive folks won't bite either regardless, but... You probably know that already.

But again, I don't deal with g1s all that often.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I've bought one gened G1 because I 1) couldn't stop thinking about him and 2) every gene he had was the "best" choice imo. That being said, his genes were technically worth less than what I paid for him, so it wasn't a great bargain on my end. I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes it's all about finding the right buyer?

On the other side of the coin, I've bought a few fully and partially gened G1s for literal fodder pricing, some very matchy and others not so much.
I've bought one gened G1 because I 1) couldn't stop thinking about him and 2) every gene he had was the "best" choice imo. That being said, his genes were technically worth less than what I paid for him, so it wasn't a great bargain on my end. I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes it's all about finding the right buyer?

On the other side of the coin, I've bought a few fully and partially gened G1s for literal fodder pricing, some very matchy and others not so much.
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
cRHDWyx.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
unless they're priced reasonably for the colors, i don't bother unless i specifically want that combination and can't find them elsewhere on the AH. not all that interested in paying more to repay someone's gene plan.
unless they're priced reasonably for the colors, i don't bother unless i specifically want that combination and can't find them elsewhere on the AH. not all that interested in paying more to repay someone's gene plan.
42978694_MHOUAk0oybKLsTZ.png
It depends.

If it's a color combo I really want/need? Yeah I'll probably pay extra, especially if it's a combo I've been after for a while, even if I have to regene the entire dragon from the breed up.

But if it's a color combo I kinda want but don't think it's worth it to pay extra for a dragon I'm going to regene, then ha. No. I'll wait for a new G1 dragon or breed a g2+ with those colors.

To be fair though that's kinda my same reaction to art dragons I want to buy but don't want the art for/want to regene. They'll be perfect or a hugely rare color combo and they'll have objectively good art that I just wouldn't keep on the dragon if I bought them, so I don't bother buying them.

I have bought many gened G1s myself, and quite a few remain the same as when I bought them
It depends.

If it's a color combo I really want/need? Yeah I'll probably pay extra, especially if it's a combo I've been after for a while, even if I have to regene the entire dragon from the breed up.

But if it's a color combo I kinda want but don't think it's worth it to pay extra for a dragon I'm going to regene, then ha. No. I'll wait for a new G1 dragon or breed a g2+ with those colors.

To be fair though that's kinda my same reaction to art dragons I want to buy but don't want the art for/want to regene. They'll be perfect or a hugely rare color combo and they'll have objectively good art that I just wouldn't keep on the dragon if I bought them, so I don't bother buying them.

I have bought many gened G1s myself, and quite a few remain the same as when I bought them
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
1 2 3 4