Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Clayton Academy (Reboot - IC)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
NATHANIEL "NEWT" HOTCH.
Technically, Newt's abilities are supposed to be used responsibly. Solely for self-improvement and the betterment of the world. Loosely interpreted, that includes this Capture the Flag game! After all, isn't practicing the best way to learn, even if practice typically includes studying instead of combat. And isn't spreading happiness through his teammates leading to a small improvement in the world?

Okay, okay, self-deception aside, Newt is hardly the most dangerous one here. Because, really, why does he have to study mathematics and astronomy and physics for his powers, when everyone else gets to practice by doing cool things like shapeshifting and summoning water?

Besides, he's not the one taking things the farthest, either. He glances at Alli with noticeable concern with a slight cough before looking away. Why is it always the quietest ones that are the scariest?

He'd much rather take the Nightmare. Turning to Zain, he smiles—extra brightly, because the guy could still bench press him. "Say, since there's a pretty good strategy going on defense right now, how about we go offense together? My abilities are a bit hard to use alone, but I can speed up time to make you go really fast? How about it?"

Having just said this, Newt pauses. He just described his powers in the most lack-luster way possible, didn't he?
NATHANIEL "NEWT" HOTCH.
Technically, Newt's abilities are supposed to be used responsibly. Solely for self-improvement and the betterment of the world. Loosely interpreted, that includes this Capture the Flag game! After all, isn't practicing the best way to learn, even if practice typically includes studying instead of combat. And isn't spreading happiness through his teammates leading to a small improvement in the world?

Okay, okay, self-deception aside, Newt is hardly the most dangerous one here. Because, really, why does he have to study mathematics and astronomy and physics for his powers, when everyone else gets to practice by doing cool things like shapeshifting and summoning water?

Besides, he's not the one taking things the farthest, either. He glances at Alli with noticeable concern with a slight cough before looking away. Why is it always the quietest ones that are the scariest?

He'd much rather take the Nightmare. Turning to Zain, he smiles—extra brightly, because the guy could still bench press him. "Say, since there's a pretty good strategy going on defense right now, how about we go offense together? My abilities are a bit hard to use alone, but I can speed up time to make you go really fast? How about it?"

Having just said this, Newt pauses. He just described his powers in the most lack-luster way possible, didn't he?
Avon
Interactions: Team 1

Avon listened to her teammates' ideas, a thoughtful expression on her face. "I'm not really sure how useful my abilities are going to be here. I'm a mermaid, I can swim well and breathe underwater, but there isn't exactly a lot of water around here," she said, gesturing at the surrounding woods.

She paused, frowning slightly. "I guess maybe I could help scout out the other team? I'm not too bad at running, and maybe my hair will help me blend in with the trees," she added jokingly, chuckling lightly. "I don't know," she said, shrugging her arms.
Avon

Avon listened to her teammates' ideas, a thoughtful expression on her face. "I'm not really sure how useful my abilities are going to be here. I'm a mermaid, I can swim well and breathe underwater, but there isn't exactly a lot of water around here," she said, gesturing at the surrounding woods.

She paused, frowning slightly. "I guess maybe I could help scout out the other team? I'm not too bad at running, and maybe my hair will help me blend in with the trees," she added jokingly, chuckling lightly. "I don't know," she said, shrugging her arms.
Flight-Rising-Signature1.pngPWYWCustom-BBCode-Button1.pngEmpty-Sig-Block.png
Emory (interacting with chase windward) TEAM ONE
His head snapped up at their voice. "Uhh yeah, just kinda mad my... sister and I got separated, I'm pretty much useless without her" He weakly chuckled and looked down again, like, how do you talk to people, Eve was social not him. He could feel her anxiety over this event but how she was throwing herself into it. Like always.

Eve (general) TEAM TWO
She bounced on her heels listening to everyone talk anxiously waiting to get started and hoping she could prove her worth without her brother.
Emory (interacting with chase windward) TEAM ONE
His head snapped up at their voice. "Uhh yeah, just kinda mad my... sister and I got separated, I'm pretty much useless without her" He weakly chuckled and looked down again, like, how do you talk to people, Eve was social not him. He could feel her anxiety over this event but how she was throwing herself into it. Like always.

Eve (general) TEAM TWO
She bounced on her heels listening to everyone talk anxiously waiting to get started and hoping she could prove her worth without her brother.
I'm active usually around 7-9 or 11-12FR time.
download.png
Sheath
Interaction:
Team 2

Sheath had parted ways with Jean and made it to the rest of the group. Her footsteps were a bit loud until she got closer to the group, by that time, they were almost silent. "Hello." she spoke up. "My capabilities may be more desirable as a means of defense of the- um... t-target?" she seemed a bit unsure of the point of this training. If it was training at all. "I'm well-trained physically, and I'm able to sustain large amounts of damage. My lightening spell may be of some of assistance as well." she unsheathed her sword and held it in both hands. "Though, I don't think I'd be able to use my sword in this battle." She didn't think they were trying to get rid of the other team. It didn't seem appropriate for the occasion, this was more of a game.

Koito
Interaction: Team 2 & Sheath

Koito had followed behind Lance as they made their way into the vast forest. The group was talking about abilities and skills. The small red and purple dragon, Leif, sat quietly on his shoulder as he spoke up. "Well, if we want to win this game, we've got to know each other's strengths and weaknesses. Setting up a system of twos might help cover up any weak spots." he smiled. He made sure to look at each person in the group friendly. "I'm Koito. I'm good at running and climbing, and I can temporarily "blind" people, if needed, along with a couple other things that would help in sticky situations. Plus..." Koito, gestured to Leif. The small dragon perked up. "Leif can come in handy if we need to search for the flag without being there. He's also fast. I'm not the strongest, my strength is only average for a human." Koito seemed very open about the entire situation. If they were going to win, they needed a plan.
Sheath
Interaction:
Team 2

Sheath had parted ways with Jean and made it to the rest of the group. Her footsteps were a bit loud until she got closer to the group, by that time, they were almost silent. "Hello." she spoke up. "My capabilities may be more desirable as a means of defense of the- um... t-target?" she seemed a bit unsure of the point of this training. If it was training at all. "I'm well-trained physically, and I'm able to sustain large amounts of damage. My lightening spell may be of some of assistance as well." she unsheathed her sword and held it in both hands. "Though, I don't think I'd be able to use my sword in this battle." She didn't think they were trying to get rid of the other team. It didn't seem appropriate for the occasion, this was more of a game.

Koito
Interaction: Team 2 & Sheath

Koito had followed behind Lance as they made their way into the vast forest. The group was talking about abilities and skills. The small red and purple dragon, Leif, sat quietly on his shoulder as he spoke up. "Well, if we want to win this game, we've got to know each other's strengths and weaknesses. Setting up a system of twos might help cover up any weak spots." he smiled. He made sure to look at each person in the group friendly. "I'm Koito. I'm good at running and climbing, and I can temporarily "blind" people, if needed, along with a couple other things that would help in sticky situations. Plus..." Koito, gestured to Leif. The small dragon perked up. "Leif can come in handy if we need to search for the flag without being there. He's also fast. I'm not the strongest, my strength is only average for a human." Koito seemed very open about the entire situation. If they were going to win, they needed a plan.
X3R0 - Location: Team 1 Base

Maddison held up her Sheika slate to show she had a decent offensive power.

“I think I’d be better off going after the other team's flag. I have enough mana left over to create maybe one gun, or two bladed weapons,” she said. “Though, if Alex turns off my powers and they aren’t tucked safely away in my inventory, they will disappear and I won’t be able to recreate them. I was thinking of create two blades, like swords or something, and passing them out, but only if people are proficient with them. And, ya know, no killing or maiming. But, if no one can use knives or swords, I can just give the defender a gun.”

Derrick (Mothman) - Location: Team 2 Base
Interactions: Team 2

I can fly over head and track their movements, Moth offered. Unfortunately, I do not have much strength. If need be, I could ‘calm them down.’ I don’t really know how to describe it. Or, maybe I can hang around you, Nightmare.

Mothman referred to Zain by his power, giggling softly to himself. If you use your ability, mixed with mine, it should keep any actual mental anguish to a minimum… hopefully…

Angelo - Location: Team 2 Base

Angelo looked at Allie, hearing their nervous thoughts.

“You’ll do great. In the end, it’s just a game,” they said to the taller student, smiling softly. If I want to blend in, I need good relationships with the other students.

The Italian then held up two charms. “If we keep one of these at home base, I’ll always be able to teleport back. I was thinking if we can get the other one to the enemy flag, I’ll be able to teleport, grab the flag, and teleport back. In the meantime, I can go on the offense. I am a bit weak during the daylight, but I still have some strength to me.”

Dimi - Location: Team 2 Base

Dimi looked at the inhibitor, trying to figure out how it worked. He avoided looking towards the other team for now, figuring he’d allow them to hide their flag without using his sight to cheat.

“I can camouflage, so I can sneak to the other base and plant the charm,” Dimi offered. “I think it’d be best if I stayed out of fighting though. I’m pretty much useless in that sense. We would also need someone who could give a signal once the charm is planted.”

Dimi looked around at his team, seeming to like their chanced at winning.

“I should mention, while I float well, I can’t swim, so flooding the place probably isn’t the best idea,” he added on at the end.

Alex - Location: Around the Arena
Interactions: All students

Alex was going through the list of students, making sure he could see each tracker with a name on his tablet screen. He was turning on each inhibitor to make sure they worked before turning them back off. He nodded softly to himself as he turned on the P.A. system.

“You're attention, please,” Alex said, his Russian accent spreading across the arena. “I need all of you to please hit the panic button on your bracelets. This will emit a loud noise, so please brace yourselves for that.”

He kept an eye on the tablet making sure all of the little icons were able to properly send the distress signal.
X3R0 - Location: Team 1 Base

Maddison held up her Sheika slate to show she had a decent offensive power.

“I think I’d be better off going after the other team's flag. I have enough mana left over to create maybe one gun, or two bladed weapons,” she said. “Though, if Alex turns off my powers and they aren’t tucked safely away in my inventory, they will disappear and I won’t be able to recreate them. I was thinking of create two blades, like swords or something, and passing them out, but only if people are proficient with them. And, ya know, no killing or maiming. But, if no one can use knives or swords, I can just give the defender a gun.”

Derrick (Mothman) - Location: Team 2 Base

I can fly over head and track their movements, Moth offered. Unfortunately, I do not have much strength. If need be, I could ‘calm them down.’ I don’t really know how to describe it. Or, maybe I can hang around you, Nightmare.

Mothman referred to Zain by his power, giggling softly to himself. If you use your ability, mixed with mine, it should keep any actual mental anguish to a minimum… hopefully…

Angelo - Location: Team 2 Base

Angelo looked at Allie, hearing their nervous thoughts.

“You’ll do great. In the end, it’s just a game,” they said to the taller student, smiling softly. If I want to blend in, I need good relationships with the other students.

The Italian then held up two charms. “If we keep one of these at home base, I’ll always be able to teleport back. I was thinking if we can get the other one to the enemy flag, I’ll be able to teleport, grab the flag, and teleport back. In the meantime, I can go on the offense. I am a bit weak during the daylight, but I still have some strength to me.”

Dimi - Location: Team 2 Base

Dimi looked at the inhibitor, trying to figure out how it worked. He avoided looking towards the other team for now, figuring he’d allow them to hide their flag without using his sight to cheat.

“I can camouflage, so I can sneak to the other base and plant the charm,” Dimi offered. “I think it’d be best if I stayed out of fighting though. I’m pretty much useless in that sense. We would also need someone who could give a signal once the charm is planted.”

Dimi looked around at his team, seeming to like their chanced at winning.

“I should mention, while I float well, I can’t swim, so flooding the place probably isn’t the best idea,” he added on at the end.

Alex - Location: Around the Arena
Interactions: All students

Alex was going through the list of students, making sure he could see each tracker with a name on his tablet screen. He was turning on each inhibitor to make sure they worked before turning them back off. He nodded softly to himself as he turned on the P.A. system.

“You're attention, please,” Alex said, his Russian accent spreading across the arena. “I need all of you to please hit the panic button on your bracelets. This will emit a loud noise, so please brace yourselves for that.”

He kept an eye on the tablet making sure all of the little icons were able to properly send the distress signal.
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time
Koito
Interactions: Dimi & None

Koito rubbed Leif's neck with his finger. "That sounds like a plan then. Dimi, if you're alright with it, Leif might be helpful with finding the flag and signaling. He can send me messages almost instantly, even without being near me. I can stay near the base and signal when you've finished." Koito offered. 'Angelo and Dimi. Defiantly interesting people.' He thought to himself.

Koito felt a small pulse through his hand as his inhibitor was turned on. Hearing Alex's announcement, Koito pressed on the bracelet around his wrist. Just like Alex had said, a loud ringing noise emitted from it before stopping. Someone next to him had turned theirs on as well. He heard metal vibrating as they both did.

Sheath
Interactions: Open/Team 2

Sheath had turned on her bracelet as well after putting her sword away. It was barely able to fit around her bracers. The noise made her body vibrate, making small clanking noises before it had turned off. "My apologies." she said quietly as the noise might have disturbed someone.
Koito
Interactions: Dimi & None

Koito rubbed Leif's neck with his finger. "That sounds like a plan then. Dimi, if you're alright with it, Leif might be helpful with finding the flag and signaling. He can send me messages almost instantly, even without being near me. I can stay near the base and signal when you've finished." Koito offered. 'Angelo and Dimi. Defiantly interesting people.' He thought to himself.

Koito felt a small pulse through his hand as his inhibitor was turned on. Hearing Alex's announcement, Koito pressed on the bracelet around his wrist. Just like Alex had said, a loud ringing noise emitted from it before stopping. Someone next to him had turned theirs on as well. He heard metal vibrating as they both did.

Sheath
Interactions: Open/Team 2

Sheath had turned on her bracelet as well after putting her sword away. It was barely able to fit around her bracers. The noise made her body vibrate, making small clanking noises before it had turned off. "My apologies." she said quietly as the noise might have disturbed someone.
{Alli - Interacting with: Team 2 - Location: somewhere idk }

Alli was just mindlessly picking their nails, thinking of the flag, when suddenly, a noise played. An ear piercing noise. It drilled right through Allis mind- they clasp their hands around their ears really quickly, shaking their brain some more. ahhhhhhhhhhh they silently scream. They start humming, and they hum alittle louder, trying to drown it out. And they shake their elbows while their hands are over their ears. In the process of trying to drown out the noise, their tail starts swinging about ( hopefully Someone doesn’t get knocked over bc Alli is not paying attention )
{Alli - Interacting with: Team 2 - Location: somewhere idk }

Alli was just mindlessly picking their nails, thinking of the flag, when suddenly, a noise played. An ear piercing noise. It drilled right through Allis mind- they clasp their hands around their ears really quickly, shaking their brain some more. ahhhhhhhhhhh they silently scream. They start humming, and they hum alittle louder, trying to drown it out. And they shake their elbows while their hands are over their ears. In the process of trying to drown out the noise, their tail starts swinging about ( hopefully Someone doesn’t get knocked over bc Alli is not paying attention )
1896.png
~ They / They
~ Fr +3
~ pfp boy
46444.png
~ Home Page
~ Commissions!
~ FR Holiday Dragons
Emory TEAM ONE
He begrudgingly activated his not clicking Eve had just done hers so now he had to deal with BOTH of their alarms. This didn't end well. He bounced on his heels and pressed his hands to his ears trying and failing to sever the connection between them.
Eventually her end disconnected from as far as he could tell her effort. Still too loud though...
Eve TEAM TWO (interacting with Alli) @LL525
She yelped as her ears filled with all the sirens. She managed to focus long enough to notice someone else panicking. She forced the wall between her and Emory. Once calm(ish) she hurried over to the... alligator (not the time brain!) and tried what she did when she and her brother did when one of them got overwhelmed by everywhere, having to dodge awkwardly given they don't seem to aware of her. She managed to get close enough to pat their shoulder and tried to pull them to sitting with the hope of trying to help them get their breathing under control.

(I have a thing about sensory issues and have spent way too much time learning breathing tactics for myself)
Emory TEAM ONE
He begrudgingly activated his not clicking Eve had just done hers so now he had to deal with BOTH of their alarms. This didn't end well. He bounced on his heels and pressed his hands to his ears trying and failing to sever the connection between them.
Eventually her end disconnected from as far as he could tell her effort. Still too loud though...
Eve TEAM TWO (interacting with Alli) @LL525
She yelped as her ears filled with all the sirens. She managed to focus long enough to notice someone else panicking. She forced the wall between her and Emory. Once calm(ish) she hurried over to the... alligator (not the time brain!) and tried what she did when she and her brother did when one of them got overwhelmed by everywhere, having to dodge awkwardly given they don't seem to aware of her. She managed to get close enough to pat their shoulder and tried to pull them to sitting with the hope of trying to help them get their breathing under control.

(I have a thing about sensory issues and have spent way too much time learning breathing tactics for myself)
I'm active usually around 7-9 or 11-12FR time.
download.png
Amaya

Amaya listened to everyone's suggestions, deciding to just be quiet and watch. She took a deep breath and pressed the panic button as she had been instructed, flinching at the loud noise.
Amaya

Amaya listened to everyone's suggestions, deciding to just be quiet and watch. She took a deep breath and pressed the panic button as she had been instructed, flinching at the loud noise.
Keeper of Stories
Tn4TEAZ.png
(Chase Windward | Interacting with: Team One (Direct interaction with: Avon, Emory)| Location: Team One)

Chase smiled in agreement at what the black-haired girl with animal features said, especially when she acknowledged him but it was quick to drop in utter confusion. What did he mention? How did she know his name?! Did she read minds? Was she omnipotent or could see glimpses of… the future or something? Or did she just overhear a conversation…? That was likely. But he was still confused. He didn’t understand how what he just said had any relevance to what she said. Other than mutual urges to confuse, he didn’t see anything that related between what they said… Was he just dumb? Ugh- he didn’t like thinking.

Luckily, Chase didn’t have to wind his brain around complicated loopholes when the especially tiny guy spoke up because holy- geomancy? He was all in for that, especially considering he couldn’t really fall normally. Speaking of, that’s probably something he should mention.

“If it comes down to it, I perfectly fine jumping down from, like, really big heights. I’m basically immune to fall damage so if we end up incorporating that into our tactic, I’m a-okay!”

Ah, someone else with fire. Yeah, that wasn’t something he wanted to mention, especially considering that her’s seemed so much safer than his already. He cringed at the memory of how burnt flesh smelled like. Nope.

And Chase immediately smiled brightly at the girl that just said she was a mermaid. Like, wow. They exist. Okay then. Excited freak out later. Not now. Wow. He nodded in her direction, “Yeah, it’d definitely be a big help. You’d likely have a better chance at getting close than me, haha.”

The boy he spoke to replied to him with all the signs of an introvert. Chase’s heart ached in sympathy. He still remembered following his sister around, the attachment they felt. And he’s befriended enough introverts to know that sometimes they just needed a helping hand to get their confidence in gear.

“Hey, don’t worry about usefulness now. We’re just having fun.” He tilted his head slightly, leaving his next words carefully open for input, “If you want, I can try to help you through it if you wanna be on the offensive. That’s only if you want to, though. You can go wherever you want to.”

Wait, what? Guns? Swords?! Was that allowed? Either way, he shook his head abashedly at his fellow colourful-haired citizen. The most he’d done was chop vegetables, indulge in silly lightsaber battles and play around with a friend’s machete when they needed to hide it from the authorities… So, nowhere near proficient.

Something felt off for a brief moment before one of the teachers, he presumed, spoke up. When they were instructed to press their panic buttons, Chase had never been so glad that he’d kinda accidentally deafened his previously heightened hearing. It still startled him slightly, making him shake his head with a huff, the collar on his neck barely tightening at the burst of too-warm air. He habitually reached up and readjusted it, staring at one of the inhibitors on his wrist thoughtfully. He probably could’ve heard the enemy team’s alarms if he hadn’t gotten like this. As it were, he was happy enough not to be keeling over in pain.
(Chase Windward | Interacting with: Team One (Direct interaction with: Avon, Emory)| Location: Team One)

Chase smiled in agreement at what the black-haired girl with animal features said, especially when she acknowledged him but it was quick to drop in utter confusion. What did he mention? How did she know his name?! Did she read minds? Was she omnipotent or could see glimpses of… the future or something? Or did she just overhear a conversation…? That was likely. But he was still confused. He didn’t understand how what he just said had any relevance to what she said. Other than mutual urges to confuse, he didn’t see anything that related between what they said… Was he just dumb? Ugh- he didn’t like thinking.

Luckily, Chase didn’t have to wind his brain around complicated loopholes when the especially tiny guy spoke up because holy- geomancy? He was all in for that, especially considering he couldn’t really fall normally. Speaking of, that’s probably something he should mention.

“If it comes down to it, I perfectly fine jumping down from, like, really big heights. I’m basically immune to fall damage so if we end up incorporating that into our tactic, I’m a-okay!”

Ah, someone else with fire. Yeah, that wasn’t something he wanted to mention, especially considering that her’s seemed so much safer than his already. He cringed at the memory of how burnt flesh smelled like. Nope.

And Chase immediately smiled brightly at the girl that just said she was a mermaid. Like, wow. They exist. Okay then. Excited freak out later. Not now. Wow. He nodded in her direction, “Yeah, it’d definitely be a big help. You’d likely have a better chance at getting close than me, haha.”

The boy he spoke to replied to him with all the signs of an introvert. Chase’s heart ached in sympathy. He still remembered following his sister around, the attachment they felt. And he’s befriended enough introverts to know that sometimes they just needed a helping hand to get their confidence in gear.

“Hey, don’t worry about usefulness now. We’re just having fun.” He tilted his head slightly, leaving his next words carefully open for input, “If you want, I can try to help you through it if you wanna be on the offensive. That’s only if you want to, though. You can go wherever you want to.”

Wait, what? Guns? Swords?! Was that allowed? Either way, he shook his head abashedly at his fellow colourful-haired citizen. The most he’d done was chop vegetables, indulge in silly lightsaber battles and play around with a friend’s machete when they needed to hide it from the authorities… So, nowhere near proficient.

Something felt off for a brief moment before one of the teachers, he presumed, spoke up. When they were instructed to press their panic buttons, Chase had never been so glad that he’d kinda accidentally deafened his previously heightened hearing. It still startled him slightly, making him shake his head with a huff, the collar on his neck barely tightening at the burst of too-warm air. He habitually reached up and readjusted it, staring at one of the inhibitors on his wrist thoughtfully. He probably could’ve heard the enemy team’s alarms if he hadn’t gotten like this. As it were, he was happy enough not to be keeling over in pain.
............................ ..

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o1_75sq.png
Art | Wishlist | Avatar | Auction (30+)
...Blue | Any pronouns | FR time +8

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o2_75sq.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7