Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anything but X
I was wondering what most of you use as a social media that is not Twitter/X.You could not pay me to get back on that site. I know mastodon is a thing but it doesn't seem super popular? I have a tumblr but it seems harder to interact on that site for me. Thanks in advance!
I was wondering what most of you use as a social media that is not Twitter/X.You could not pay me to get back on that site. I know mastodon is a thing but it doesn't seem super popular? I have a tumblr but it seems harder to interact on that site for me. Thanks in advance!
Yandet-rowan.gif
ping me!
Honestly, none, nowadays. Unless you count reddit, which I see more as a forum than a traditional social media (and I'm rarely actively posting there anyways, mostly lurking in subs I like).

I've briefly tried tumblr, but it's not my kinda thing.

Twitter of course is becoming more and more a trashfire nowadays, and I'm not using that one actively either anymore. Not that I have used it much, primarily for rockpainting, which I'm in the process of moving to a website of my own.

I have not touched anything facebook-related (sans for whatsapp, but that one almost seems a necessity for most people), and I don't plan on touching it ever either. Their policies on images (namingly, they can use every image on their site commercially without the poster's explicit consent - yesm, that includes instagram, a freaking picture-based site) are more than a bit iffy more me, a hobbyist artist.

So yeah, I'm not doing much in terms of social, and I'm perfectly okay with that. It seems to be a lot less stressful than keeping up with everything all day, and I can use every bit of less stress I can get.
If you want something social media-adjacent, maybe reddit. It's very much a 'curate your own experience' kinda thing. If you join, unsub all the recommended subs and use the search function to find something you enjoy instead. Lots of great stuff out there if you look for it.

I'm not sure this post is very helpful, but what I'm trying to say is, maybe a life away from twitter-esque sites is something for you. This is however coming from someone who didn't have access to social media for all of its life, so your mileage may vary.
Honestly, none, nowadays. Unless you count reddit, which I see more as a forum than a traditional social media (and I'm rarely actively posting there anyways, mostly lurking in subs I like).

I've briefly tried tumblr, but it's not my kinda thing.

Twitter of course is becoming more and more a trashfire nowadays, and I'm not using that one actively either anymore. Not that I have used it much, primarily for rockpainting, which I'm in the process of moving to a website of my own.

I have not touched anything facebook-related (sans for whatsapp, but that one almost seems a necessity for most people), and I don't plan on touching it ever either. Their policies on images (namingly, they can use every image on their site commercially without the poster's explicit consent - yesm, that includes instagram, a freaking picture-based site) are more than a bit iffy more me, a hobbyist artist.

So yeah, I'm not doing much in terms of social, and I'm perfectly okay with that. It seems to be a lot less stressful than keeping up with everything all day, and I can use every bit of less stress I can get.
If you want something social media-adjacent, maybe reddit. It's very much a 'curate your own experience' kinda thing. If you join, unsub all the recommended subs and use the search function to find something you enjoy instead. Lots of great stuff out there if you look for it.

I'm not sure this post is very helpful, but what I'm trying to say is, maybe a life away from twitter-esque sites is something for you. This is however coming from someone who didn't have access to social media for all of its life, so your mileage may vary.
We use tumblr but not really as a social media, just a place for us to look through fanart and maybe see one of our discord friends in the wild every now and then
Personally if you want frequent interaction your best bet is probably a site that has forums than a traditional social media. no other site makes us interact with other peope as much as the flight rising forums lol, not even close
We use tumblr but not really as a social media, just a place for us to look through fanart and maybe see one of our discord friends in the wild every now and then
Personally if you want frequent interaction your best bet is probably a site that has forums than a traditional social media. no other site makes us interact with other peope as much as the flight rising forums lol, not even close
YfIwYrL.png •Jupiter/Ben
•she/nix/nova/voi
•FR+0
Art Shop
Wishlist
I've never touched the likes of Instagram, Twitter/X, Facebook, Bluesky, etc. They don't interest me nor do I really like the look of them, so I doubt I'll ever see myself signing up to them. I had debated getting Tumblr but after the whole AI drama and transphobia stuff I was hearing about I'm not entirely sure about it anymore

In terms of socials, I'm the most active on Toyhouse - though that site is more geared towards the likes of character storage/development than chatting despite there being a forums (be warned however; the userbase on there really isn't the nicest, I'd know). I also use Discord though I prefer to keep my friends on there and don't really go in super active servers

I also have Snapchat and WhatsApp but those are reserved for IRL relations only so I won't be sharing that online. I don't really check either of them though because I don't have many friends or interact with folk much IRL

Most of the sites I'm on are geared towards character storage since that's what appeals to me the most, I'm a very passionate worldbuilder and character developer so I like those kinds of sites. Meanwhile, in terms of art or social-geared sites, they're either a hit or miss to me - usually the latter though.
I've never touched the likes of Instagram, Twitter/X, Facebook, Bluesky, etc. They don't interest me nor do I really like the look of them, so I doubt I'll ever see myself signing up to them. I had debated getting Tumblr but after the whole AI drama and transphobia stuff I was hearing about I'm not entirely sure about it anymore

In terms of socials, I'm the most active on Toyhouse - though that site is more geared towards the likes of character storage/development than chatting despite there being a forums (be warned however; the userbase on there really isn't the nicest, I'd know). I also use Discord though I prefer to keep my friends on there and don't really go in super active servers

I also have Snapchat and WhatsApp but those are reserved for IRL relations only so I won't be sharing that online. I don't really check either of them though because I don't have many friends or interact with folk much IRL

Most of the sites I'm on are geared towards character storage since that's what appeals to me the most, I'm a very passionate worldbuilder and character developer so I like those kinds of sites. Meanwhile, in terms of art or social-geared sites, they're either a hit or miss to me - usually the latter though.
fLdYOuE.png
CAJaTcp.png
jBEX2Bu.png
AQPJNOh.png
ypcKWM0.png
2VtxnMX.png
63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png

~** FLUFFERB **~

jbMLSIO.png
leo4ZYP.png
C3gPKb3.png
OrlEqVx.png
ll0CfnD.png
rUoKR6y.png
i personally dont use social media much because it feels like a chore and it makes me anxious. i've used instagram and snapchat for one day before deleting, and i also quit twitter and tumblr after a year of using because i noticed i had been doing nothing but doomscrolling at that point. i use whatsapp, but forcibly so, because everyone here has it and i need to get in contact with my family and classmates most of the time.

i think discord COULD count as social media?? that's what they're aiming for nowadays, anways. i'm not really in any servers (1 friend + 2 game servers lol) but the communities seem pretty chill, so you could maybe look for the servers you're interested in? nonetheless, good luck with your search
i personally dont use social media much because it feels like a chore and it makes me anxious. i've used instagram and snapchat for one day before deleting, and i also quit twitter and tumblr after a year of using because i noticed i had been doing nothing but doomscrolling at that point. i use whatsapp, but forcibly so, because everyone here has it and i need to get in contact with my family and classmates most of the time.

i think discord COULD count as social media?? that's what they're aiming for nowadays, anways. i'm not really in any servers (1 friend + 2 game servers lol) but the communities seem pretty chill, so you could maybe look for the servers you're interested in? nonetheless, good luck with your search
nRNnKK4.gif// HAZIRAN
june, she/they, fr+10

bQKtPA9.png g1 sales
bQKtPA9.png adopts
/// /////////////////////ezgif-4-4679978204.jpg
Thank you guys so much for the reccs. I have reddit as a time killer but I do not engage unless it's people asking for animal husbandry advice and even then it's rare for me to interact.

I think I'm kinda missing that "post your thoughts and cute lil things happening in your life" stuff that Twitter offered. I really enjoyed having a site where I could add my internet friends and scroll through their life updates when I felt like it.
Thank you guys so much for the reccs. I have reddit as a time killer but I do not engage unless it's people asking for animal husbandry advice and even then it's rare for me to interact.

I think I'm kinda missing that "post your thoughts and cute lil things happening in your life" stuff that Twitter offered. I really enjoyed having a site where I could add my internet friends and scroll through their life updates when I felt like it.
Yandet-rowan.gif
ping me!
I wish there were more options to suggest, but I just wanted to commiserate. I used to use Twitter to be a part of the art community, but after 2019 or so it started to make me horribly anxious. Ever since it became X I refuse to use it anymore. It’s a shame, it did feel rather connected before the algorithm got really bad.

I’ve used Tumblr for over a decade and so I feel pretty comfortable there. The site has many issues, but I also know a lot of people have made friends on there. I think it’s definitely possible to use it the way you mentioned using Twitter, but it’s true that a lot of folks don’t really use it that way. I think the trick is to find mutuals with similar interests and try messaging them? I’m shy, so I can’t say ^^;

I do also have Reddit, but I never interact with anyone… I also see it as a forum and just use it to find information on specific topics. I’m sure you could find folks to talk to, but I find the site pretty toxic and the home feed algorithm also focuses completely on negative posts.

There’s Discord of course, and I’ve actually made some of my best friends through Discord servers, but it completely varies depending on the individual server. And it can be really hard to find good ones :/ It’s very possible, but it takes patience, and I’m still not sure I consider it “social media” as such.

I have not used and will never touch Facebook/Threads. On Instagram basically no one sees your posts if you’re not popular. Gah, I just wish social media sites weren’t so terrible nowadays.
I wish there were more options to suggest, but I just wanted to commiserate. I used to use Twitter to be a part of the art community, but after 2019 or so it started to make me horribly anxious. Ever since it became X I refuse to use it anymore. It’s a shame, it did feel rather connected before the algorithm got really bad.

I’ve used Tumblr for over a decade and so I feel pretty comfortable there. The site has many issues, but I also know a lot of people have made friends on there. I think it’s definitely possible to use it the way you mentioned using Twitter, but it’s true that a lot of folks don’t really use it that way. I think the trick is to find mutuals with similar interests and try messaging them? I’m shy, so I can’t say ^^;

I do also have Reddit, but I never interact with anyone… I also see it as a forum and just use it to find information on specific topics. I’m sure you could find folks to talk to, but I find the site pretty toxic and the home feed algorithm also focuses completely on negative posts.

There’s Discord of course, and I’ve actually made some of my best friends through Discord servers, but it completely varies depending on the individual server. And it can be really hard to find good ones :/ It’s very possible, but it takes patience, and I’m still not sure I consider it “social media” as such.

I have not used and will never touch Facebook/Threads. On Instagram basically no one sees your posts if you’re not popular. Gah, I just wish social media sites weren’t so terrible nowadays.
sEBxtxA.png thDLJf3.png eGiN2Xv.png
I suggest bluesky honestly. I'm making some great friends over there and while it has its problems like they all do generally it's improving and has great tools for keeping yourself safe and moderating what content you do and do not want to see.
I suggest bluesky honestly. I'm making some great friends over there and while it has its problems like they all do generally it's improving and has great tools for keeping yourself safe and moderating what content you do and do not want to see.
TW8ViqF.pngrix3ppo.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD
I have a few. A lot of the time I don't actively use them regularly though.
But anyway, I have:
SoFurry
facebook (I hate it but want to keep photos I posted there)
Tumblr
Bluesky
Toyhouse
FurAffinity
DeviantArt
Instagram
newgrounds

and others that are not really social media to me

I have a few. A lot of the time I don't actively use them regularly though.
But anyway, I have:
SoFurry
facebook (I hate it but want to keep photos I posted there)
Tumblr
Bluesky
Toyhouse
FurAffinity
DeviantArt
Instagram
newgrounds

and others that are not really social media to me

He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A male black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring. His name is Valerion and he is this users fursona character.
Pings are welcome!
Though I might not always reply due to social anxiety or bad mental health

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
This User is a Furry
This user is a writer
Plural
Credits for the Free to use identity buttons goes to fluffmoth
i am still sticking in Twitter to gain a lot of information. (but yeah, it became junk.). i have Bluesky to replace Twitter, but still it can't replace the information i want to gain. (Hope a lot of things could move on Bluesky. it is decent one.) Also, Mastodon Or Miskey (developed by Japan.)... barely Instagram.

in contrast, my relatives usually use Ticktok. (that i prohibited in my place if they use my laptop), or Instagram.
i am still sticking in Twitter to gain a lot of information. (but yeah, it became junk.). i have Bluesky to replace Twitter, but still it can't replace the information i want to gain. (Hope a lot of things could move on Bluesky. it is decent one.) Also, Mastodon Or Miskey (developed by Japan.)... barely Instagram.

in contrast, my relatives usually use Ticktok. (that i prohibited in my place if they use my laptop), or Instagram.