Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone know or learning coding?
1 2 3 4
Hi everyone,

Just figured I'd ask really. Pretty much what the title says. I've been trying to learn coding, specifically Python, since the beginning of January. I have exactly zero experience with it prior to January, so I've pretty much gone into it completely blind. I'm curious to know if any of you have experience with it or are learning it as well. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations? Python is apparently one of the easier programs to learn.

I know I shouldn't be comparing myself to others who are learning, since we all learn at different paces and in different ways. I just have difficulty with finding ways to absorb what I'm trying to learn.

Feel free to share your experiences and/or frustrations!

I'm going to be subscribed to the thread, but you're also free to ping me as well.

Thanks for reading!
Hi everyone,

Just figured I'd ask really. Pretty much what the title says. I've been trying to learn coding, specifically Python, since the beginning of January. I have exactly zero experience with it prior to January, so I've pretty much gone into it completely blind. I'm curious to know if any of you have experience with it or are learning it as well. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations? Python is apparently one of the easier programs to learn.

I know I shouldn't be comparing myself to others who are learning, since we all learn at different paces and in different ways. I just have difficulty with finding ways to absorb what I'm trying to learn.

Feel free to share your experiences and/or frustrations!

I'm going to be subscribed to the thread, but you're also free to ping me as well.

Thanks for reading!
tumblr_otxe4lVheo1wwx926o1_1280.jpg
I'm not really familiar with Python (just tried once or twice for fun) but your average coding munki is here c: I'm a junior web dev(FE), and using TypeScript mainly. Also poking game dev for hobby occasionally, but these days I'm quite busy and haven't even opened the project for a while...

Anyway I'm happy to meat another people who's interested in coding! Python is such a trendy and interesting language x3 I know Python is many people's go-for-it language, but I'm curious, is there any special reason why you chosen Python?

For difficulty, well, there's so many stuffs learn & my brain is way too slow and forgetful than CPU & Storages xD That's all. Currently I'm listening online lecture about making UI components by myself & it's helpful as in my current situation, I use libraries and custom them rather than making my own stuffs.
I'm not really familiar with Python (just tried once or twice for fun) but your average coding munki is here c: I'm a junior web dev(FE), and using TypeScript mainly. Also poking game dev for hobby occasionally, but these days I'm quite busy and haven't even opened the project for a while...

Anyway I'm happy to meat another people who's interested in coding! Python is such a trendy and interesting language x3 I know Python is many people's go-for-it language, but I'm curious, is there any special reason why you chosen Python?

For difficulty, well, there's so many stuffs learn & my brain is way too slow and forgetful than CPU & Storages xD That's all. Currently I'm listening online lecture about making UI components by myself & it's helpful as in my current situation, I use libraries and custom them rather than making my own stuffs.
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
My only experience with Python is Renpy, lol. I wish you all the best in learning it
My only experience with Python is Renpy, lol. I wish you all the best in learning it
2bf6nnX.pngmtHAEL4.pngaPfqvmf.pngmjtJ868.pngEIzJIWx.pngVHmdVcB.png8OcABDV.png R4RVavr.pngumLF6oK.gifqVw4IEL.pngGR4p3Uw.pngfqG5KmE.pngzfNtpTV.png

2674017.png2802457.png2804985.png2805970.png2806037.png
2806128.png2806314.png2806493.png2807548.png2807554.png
2807685.png2808480.png2808481.png2808485.png2808499.png
2808574.png2808764.png2808836.png2809949.png2812430.png
I've actually been a professional coder for five years. Are you working on any projects? I find it's a lot easier to stay interested in coding if you're actually working on building something, instead of following boring tutorials day after day.
I've actually been a professional coder for five years. Are you working on any projects? I find it's a lot easier to stay interested in coding if you're actually working on building something, instead of following boring tutorials day after day.
I'm studying programming atm!

I haven't touched python since last year (have moved onto learning C# and SQL), but I found python very intuitive and fun :D

If you're looking for resources for learning- W3schools has a ton of tutorials and stuff for lots of different languages, would highly recommend using their site. Even just keeping it on hand as a list of different methods and stuff you can do with any given language is super handy. Got me through my assessments, anytime I needed to do something specific I'd wander through W3S until I found what I wanted and learned and adapted the code into my own work *-*

I did also learn HTML + CSS last year alongside python but I enjoyed logical/problem solving style programming more than web design, hehe
I'm studying programming atm!

I haven't touched python since last year (have moved onto learning C# and SQL), but I found python very intuitive and fun :D

If you're looking for resources for learning- W3schools has a ton of tutorials and stuff for lots of different languages, would highly recommend using their site. Even just keeping it on hand as a list of different methods and stuff you can do with any given language is super handy. Got me through my assessments, anytime I needed to do something specific I'd wander through W3S until I found what I wanted and learned and adapted the code into my own work *-*

I did also learn HTML + CSS last year alongside python but I enjoyed logical/problem solving style programming more than web design, hehe
jt3PpxV.png
While python is easy to learn it is also hard to fully learn. The usability has allowed for a wide range of libraries to be developed in support of varying activities. If you're trying to learn, I recommend first focusing on the fundamentals to under stand the basics, then find something you want to make and work towards it. Programming for me seems to go better with an end goal in mind.
While python is easy to learn it is also hard to fully learn. The usability has allowed for a wide range of libraries to be developed in support of varying activities. If you're trying to learn, I recommend first focusing on the fundamentals to under stand the basics, then find something you want to make and work towards it. Programming for me seems to go better with an end goal in mind.
why is c++ so hard

and why is everything based on it

WHY

sorry, yes i have to learn c++, no im not having fun, i miss using python, python is fairly forgiving, and yet less forgiving than c++ in certain aspects
why is c++ so hard

and why is everything based on it

WHY

sorry, yes i have to learn c++, no im not having fun, i miss using python, python is fairly forgiving, and yet less forgiving than c++ in certain aspects

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
Not exactly on y’all’s level, but I recently got a toy house and omg, I guess I’m learning HTML [emoji=spiral sad size=2] it’s so complicated looking that my eyes cross /hj
Not exactly on y’all’s level, but I recently got a toy house and omg, I guess I’m learning HTML it’s so complicated looking that my eyes cross /hj
?cXDdX=party.pngytkEBod.png
I guess the first question you want to ask is where you want to go/what you want to do with programming. It's from there that you can determine where you want to go from there.
I guess the first question you want to ask is where you want to go/what you want to do with programming. It's from there that you can determine where you want to go from there.
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
last year I learned html to make a neocities site and I actually had made some progress... before forgetting about it. life got so busy and chaotic I ended up giving up on the entire thing [emoji=aether sad size=1] I really want to get back to it, though, I think coding is super fun (albeit a bit frustrating)
last year I learned html to make a neocities site and I actually had made some progress... before forgetting about it. life got so busy and chaotic I ended up giving up on the entire thing I really want to get back to it, though, I think coding is super fun (albeit a bit frustrating)
ZcrsSbC.png
1 2 3 4