Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Had to learn the hard way eventually...
1 2
I've spent the last several months trying to breed for a very specific color and gender combo (ice/ice/yellow female) because I have a dragon design in mind that I really, REALLY want, and I was willing to shell out as many gems as it took to buy the gene and breed scrolls I needed. [center][morphology=3824946] [i]Her.[/i] The final project.[/center] Anyway I've spent hundreds of gems on dragons with adjacent colors over the course of this process. Finally bred a skydancer female with the colors I wanted! (Edit: changed to nocturne per suggestion for purposes of breeding with other imps) [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93981617][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/939817/93981617_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Happily began the process of revamping her. Dropped 1200 on a filigree tert scroll first, applied that. Went looking for the breed change scroll I had in mind next. Only to find out then.... that Imperial breed change scrolls aren't sold anymore. Kickstarter exclusive apparently? Doy. ...Guess I'll try breeding her with an imperial boy to see what happens. Wasn't really able to find any within a narrow window of tert colors (almost all of the ice colored dergs on the market are ice/ice/ice) but hopefully this guy I found will work? [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93883692][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/938837/93883692_350.png[/img][/url][/center] All this to say I feel very silly and needed to kvetch about wasting thousands of gems on a project that was going to be a bit of a dead end anyway. I've had to sell off a whole bunch of dragons for much cheaper than I got them because I have no use for them anymore.
I've spent the last several months trying to breed for a very specific color and gender combo (ice/ice/yellow female) because I have a dragon design in mind that I really, REALLY want, and I was willing to shell out as many gems as it took to buy the gene and breed scrolls I needed.
Opal

Her. The final project.

Anyway I've spent hundreds of gems on dragons with adjacent colors over the course of this process. Finally bred a skydancer female with the colors I wanted! (Edit: changed to nocturne per suggestion for purposes of breeding with other imps)
93981617_350.png

Happily began the process of revamping her. Dropped 1200 on a filigree tert scroll first, applied that. Went looking for the breed change scroll I had in mind next.

Only to find out then.... that Imperial breed change scrolls aren't sold anymore. Kickstarter exclusive apparently? Doy.

...Guess I'll try breeding her with an imperial boy to see what happens. Wasn't really able to find any within a narrow window of tert colors (almost all of the ice colored dergs on the market are ice/ice/ice) but hopefully this guy I found will work?
93883692_350.png

All this to say I feel very silly and needed to kvetch about wasting thousands of gems on a project that was going to be a bit of a dead end anyway. I've had to sell off a whole bunch of dragons for much cheaper than I got them because I have no use for them anymore.
MUYNhfy.png w9bDUNq.png tyEuRXe.png
Bt9KLea.png optH9Kd.png Q3DBDMQ.png
@AndiSupreme

Oof, best of luck!

I'd recommend breed-changing your Skydancer into a Nocturne. Nocs and Imps are the same rarity, so it'll be a 50/50 chance for an Imperial hatchling.
@AndiSupreme

Oof, best of luck!

I'd recommend breed-changing your Skydancer into a Nocturne. Nocs and Imps are the same rarity, so it'll be a 50/50 chance for an Imperial hatchling.
:LTB Boolean:
:YCH/Art Shop:
:Selling IDs:
For Sale,
G1s
71424715.png92781547.png91722205.png91717482.png
@CountingChocobos

Oooh thank you I'll do that. Hoping to cut the number of nests down if I can.
@CountingChocobos

Oooh thank you I'll do that. Hoping to cut the number of nests down if I can.
yep, ive done that before too. all i wanted was that glorious imp beard but i had to settle with guardian. also buying ancient gene scrolls instead of the modern version before they changed the names
yep, ive done that before too. all i wanted was that glorious imp beard but i had to settle with guardian. also buying ancient gene scrolls instead of the modern version before they changed the names
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
Question- why apply the gene scroll to a parent, when you could apply it just to the dragon itself?
Question- why apply the gene scroll to a parent, when you could apply it just to the dragon itself?
Oh nooo...as soon as I saw an imp scry I knew what was coming. Good luck! I do remember going and scrying a bunch of my dragons as imps the moment I found the scrying workshop, but thankfully I never got too attached before I found out...
Oh nooo...as soon as I saw an imp scry I knew what was coming. Good luck! I do remember going and scrying a bunch of my dragons as imps the moment I found the scrying workshop, but thankfully I never got too attached before I found out...
they/them
@Ais that's just it, I thought the one I was applying scrolls to was going to be the final dragon. I was ready to turn her into the Imp F in the scry, only to find out Imp breed change scrolls aren't around anymore. ;~; So now I have to use her to try and breed an imp with the right colors that she has.

Maybe if I'm reeeeally lucky I'll get an ice/ice/yellow imp female who kept the original baby's filigree tert so I don't have to buy it again. OTL
@Ais that's just it, I thought the one I was applying scrolls to was going to be the final dragon. I was ready to turn her into the Imp F in the scry, only to find out Imp breed change scrolls aren't around anymore. ;~; So now I have to use her to try and breed an imp with the right colors that she has.

Maybe if I'm reeeeally lucky I'll get an ice/ice/yellow imp female who kept the original baby's filigree tert so I don't have to buy it again. OTL
All this because I have this one really pretty Imp F skin and I've wanted to design a whole dragon around her...
Opal
All this because I have this one really pretty Imp F skin and I've wanted to design a whole dragon around her...
Opal
yeah, huge part of the reason that as much as I love imps I have so few of them compared to other dragon breeds I enjoy that have breed change scrolls more readily available :')
yeah, huge part of the reason that as much as I love imps I have so few of them compared to other dragon breeds I enjoy that have breed change scrolls more readily available :')
when i read "breed scrolls" and looked down at the imperial scry...
when i read "breed scrolls" and looked down at the imperial scry...
NcRl9aq.png
1 2