Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | My Steam acc. was hacked
Don't worry, I've already taken all the necessary precautions.

Some of my TF2 items were sold on the community market without my consent, and one Dota 2 item was purchased despite me not owning that game. I was able to catch it before it got too bad, but the damage has still been done.

I'm not asking for any free stuff to make up for my losses (only if you absolutely insist), I just needed a spot to vent.
Don't worry, I've already taken all the necessary precautions.

Some of my TF2 items were sold on the community market without my consent, and one Dota 2 item was purchased despite me not owning that game. I was able to catch it before it got too bad, but the damage has still been done.

I'm not asking for any free stuff to make up for my losses (only if you absolutely insist), I just needed a spot to vent.
Flare
Dragon-obsessed gamer nerd
cHa0MYt.png
bYt72YT.png
kHBaXec.png
mlHpBMC.png
yVyFLUa.png
TOKiyyz.pngmXaaw6K.png
o9yS1eq.png
DogHOvc.png
Dang, that really sucks, I'm so sorry that happened :( I do not play either of those games but I couldn't imagine having to go through something like that, it must be very frustrating. I'm glad you were able to stop it before it got too bad though!
Dang, that really sucks, I'm so sorry that happened :( I do not play either of those games but I couldn't imagine having to go through something like that, it must be very frustrating. I'm glad you were able to stop it before it got too bad though!
79771108_lfwPW5bn2U5Fpy7.png
@Risshou Yeah, I heard a bunch of notifications coming from my phone, and that's when I realized it.
@Risshou Yeah, I heard a bunch of notifications coming from my phone, and that's when I realized it.
Flare
cHa0MYt.png
bYt72YT.png
kHBaXec.png
mlHpBMC.png
yVyFLUa.png
TOKiyyz.pngmXaaw6K.png
o9yS1eq.png
DogHOvc.png
I'm sorry that happened! I've found Steam support are generally quite helpful (especially if there's evidence the account was compromised), so hopefully they can help you restore what was sold/brought.
I'm sorry that happened! I've found Steam support are generally quite helpful (especially if there's evidence the account was compromised), so hopefully they can help you restore what was sold/brought.
raccoon.png
@Loghrif I already contacted Steam Support, but they said they couldn't do anything about it. Because all of this was done on the community market, it would involve taking items and money from people seemingly out of nowhere.
@Loghrif I already contacted Steam Support, but they said they couldn't do anything about it. Because all of this was done on the community market, it would involve taking items and money from people seemingly out of nowhere.
Flare
cHa0MYt.png
bYt72YT.png
kHBaXec.png
mlHpBMC.png
yVyFLUa.png
TOKiyyz.pngmXaaw6K.png
o9yS1eq.png
DogHOvc.png
That's awful, I'm glad everything is sorted out now. It's rough you can't get anything back, if there was a way to contact the people perhaps you could get things back by discussing it with them but yk :/
That's awful, I'm glad everything is sorted out now. It's rough you can't get anything back, if there was a way to contact the people perhaps you could get things back by discussing it with them but yk :/
79771108_lfwPW5bn2U5Fpy7.png
that stinks :(
hopefully you can somehow recoup your sold items without paying a bunch
that stinks :(
hopefully you can somehow recoup your sold items without paying a bunch
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
what were the transaction amounts?
what were the transaction amounts?
FXLSz.gif
(click me!)
Imagine being so cheap that instead of getting a real job and using your own, hard-earned money to buy an item yourself, you just screw around and get into someone else's account just because "I can do whatever I want because I'm so awesome and funny B)"....

Man, I'm sorry that happened to you. Some people have no sense, I swear. :/
Imagine being so cheap that instead of getting a real job and using your own, hard-earned money to buy an item yourself, you just screw around and get into someone else's account just because "I can do whatever I want because I'm so awesome and funny B)"....

Man, I'm sorry that happened to you. Some people have no sense, I swear. :/
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Professional Idiot :))))