Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | An ancient Return (1x1)
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16
Ranna looked at her. "You must be saddened by what you see." She said honestly. There was nothing of the era left behind from the queen. "But if you were sleeping, and we woke you why did you gift me? I know you said i was respectful... but we were still intruding upon the tomb." She said. She looked at the two headed dragon curiously. "And now that you have dragons following you, what do you want?"

Regulus looked at the door. "Yes? Please come in." He said. He put his papers away to pay attention at the possible development.

"What is this information on the queen? Have you managed to discover any weakness? Or perhaps a new update on the dragon calling herself queen?" He doesn't know about the problem, only the parchment that was from the army... which is vague and very mysterious about what was happening to the clans.
Ranna looked at her. "You must be saddened by what you see." She said honestly. There was nothing of the era left behind from the queen. "But if you were sleeping, and we woke you why did you gift me? I know you said i was respectful... but we were still intruding upon the tomb." She said. She looked at the two headed dragon curiously. "And now that you have dragons following you, what do you want?"

Regulus looked at the door. "Yes? Please come in." He said. He put his papers away to pay attention at the possible development.

"What is this information on the queen? Have you managed to discover any weakness? Or perhaps a new update on the dragon calling herself queen?" He doesn't know about the problem, only the parchment that was from the army... which is vague and very mysterious about what was happening to the clans.
“If I learned anything from observing the modern day dragons…” the queen began, eyeing her army. “…is that they are naturally curious, they want to know what we used to do in the past. I enjoy their devotion to trying to understand about us. Off course, when done respectfully.” She glared at a certain mindless Aether.

“As for what I want… I would at least like to take back the land of my dragons. As I told you, my family ruled over a part of the southern icefields before it was taken away during my rule. I would like that land back… and we’ll see from there. Maybe expand my rule beyond this snow filled place.”

———

“Maida questioned the two surviving dragons of the expedition.” Aquil began to explain. “This has given us a much closer detail on what exactly happened which we might be able to use to help us. Aries, tell Regulus everything you told Maida, from start to finish. No leaving out details.”

And so Aries told the story. About how Marquise essentially brought about doom. How Ranna was taken by the queen, bit by her heads and the aeries’ downfall. He left out the missing dragons situation, he’ll bring it up later. It might just be coincidence that dragons are going missing because of the queen.
“If I learned anything from observing the modern day dragons…” the queen began, eyeing her army. “…is that they are naturally curious, they want to know what we used to do in the past. I enjoy their devotion to trying to understand about us. Off course, when done respectfully.” She glared at a certain mindless Aether.

“As for what I want… I would at least like to take back the land of my dragons. As I told you, my family ruled over a part of the southern icefields before it was taken away during my rule. I would like that land back… and we’ll see from there. Maybe expand my rule beyond this snow filled place.”

———

“Maida questioned the two surviving dragons of the expedition.” Aquil began to explain. “This has given us a much closer detail on what exactly happened which we might be able to use to help us. Aries, tell Regulus everything you told Maida, from start to finish. No leaving out details.”

And so Aries told the story. About how Marquise essentially brought about doom. How Ranna was taken by the queen, bit by her heads and the aeries’ downfall. He left out the missing dragons situation, he’ll bring it up later. It might just be coincidence that dragons are going missing because of the queen.
xpxalNl.gif
Ranna looked at her. "I understand. The past is very interesting and fuels our imagination..." She looked at the Aether as the queen mentioned the thieves disrespect. "Perhaps... perhaps you may teach me your culture?" She asked. Ranna was naturally curious and kind, but now with her mind wanting to help the queen was more than happy to abandon her old culture.

"I can help. Somehow..." She said. Ranna wasn't entirely sure how She could help yet. But had an idea. "Perhaps you can open up trade with clans beyond your lands?" She asked curiously. But she was not sure if the queen would be angered by Ranna speaking up.

Regulus looked at the group, his expression darkened. "I see. Your dragon.. Marquise? Awakened the dragon by knocking over the statue depicting them, and then this dragon identifying herself only as a queen took Ranna after saying she was nice and bitten by both of the aberration heads?" He asked. He seemed to be thinking. "Has any other dragon been bitten twice that you are aware of?"

He seemed to be trying to reach a decision for the Aeries. Watching them all. "And now your clan has fallen and now we shield two dragons responsible for awakening the mysterious queen. We must somehow stop her before her strength and army grows, you mentioned murals? What all did they depict?"
Ranna looked at her. "I understand. The past is very interesting and fuels our imagination..." She looked at the Aether as the queen mentioned the thieves disrespect. "Perhaps... perhaps you may teach me your culture?" She asked. Ranna was naturally curious and kind, but now with her mind wanting to help the queen was more than happy to abandon her old culture.

"I can help. Somehow..." She said. Ranna wasn't entirely sure how She could help yet. But had an idea. "Perhaps you can open up trade with clans beyond your lands?" She asked curiously. But she was not sure if the queen would be angered by Ranna speaking up.

Regulus looked at the group, his expression darkened. "I see. Your dragon.. Marquise? Awakened the dragon by knocking over the statue depicting them, and then this dragon identifying herself only as a queen took Ranna after saying she was nice and bitten by both of the aberration heads?" He asked. He seemed to be thinking. "Has any other dragon been bitten twice that you are aware of?"

He seemed to be trying to reach a decision for the Aeries. Watching them all. "And now your clan has fallen and now we shield two dragons responsible for awakening the mysterious queen. We must somehow stop her before her strength and army grows, you mentioned murals? What all did they depict?"
The queen thought about the trade idea. “What can we trade though…” she muttered, looking around her tomb. There was the treasure, but it would require careful consideration considering dragons already stole it from her. Something that the other clans could use but was too far out from their homes to obtain.

“I’ll see what this frozen plains has that’s worth opening up trade.” She continued. “I’m sure dragons don’t want to go through such an unwelcoming landscape just for a few materials. What if…”

———

“Ranna was the only one so far.” Aries answered, remembering the horrid site of her being bitten and dragged away. “All the others were bitten only once, by one of the heads, not both.”

“As for the murals, Marquise did copy them down but it was lost during the battle.” He continued on, remembering the murals at the tomb. “They showed an aberration, possibly the very same queen we are dealing with, sitting on a throne surrounded by dragons. There could be more, but the murals had missing scenes from time passing by, so they must’ve been made thousands of years ago.”

“The only scene that seemed to remain showed the queen gifting dragons… something. It was too faded out to tell.”

Despite the real evidence being lost to the battle, Aries had recalled the murals easily, a skill of a bounty hunter who needed to remember faces of their targets.

“There seems to be another situation that might be related to the queen. Emphasis on might.” Aries added. “Ever since last night, dragons have been going missing like crazy. Missing dragons are not uncommon, but this sudden spike seems suspicious.”
The queen thought about the trade idea. “What can we trade though…” she muttered, looking around her tomb. There was the treasure, but it would require careful consideration considering dragons already stole it from her. Something that the other clans could use but was too far out from their homes to obtain.

“I’ll see what this frozen plains has that’s worth opening up trade.” She continued. “I’m sure dragons don’t want to go through such an unwelcoming landscape just for a few materials. What if…”

———

“Ranna was the only one so far.” Aries answered, remembering the horrid site of her being bitten and dragged away. “All the others were bitten only once, by one of the heads, not both.”

“As for the murals, Marquise did copy them down but it was lost during the battle.” He continued on, remembering the murals at the tomb. “They showed an aberration, possibly the very same queen we are dealing with, sitting on a throne surrounded by dragons. There could be more, but the murals had missing scenes from time passing by, so they must’ve been made thousands of years ago.”

“The only scene that seemed to remain showed the queen gifting dragons… something. It was too faded out to tell.”

Despite the real evidence being lost to the battle, Aries had recalled the murals easily, a skill of a bounty hunter who needed to remember faces of their targets.

“There seems to be another situation that might be related to the queen. Emphasis on might.” Aries added. “Ever since last night, dragons have been going missing like crazy. Missing dragons are not uncommon, but this sudden spike seems suspicious.”
xpxalNl.gif
Ranna looked at her. She listened to her thinking as dragons repaired her tomb and restored what they could. "What if?" She asked respectfully. She looked at the room around them as dragons worked tirelessly to make it better.

"Frozen lands offer resources too. Right?" She asked. The tomb filled with her treasure and now loyal dragons who respected the queen.

Regulus listens carefully to them both. "Only Ranna was... strange both heads would bite her simultaneously and then drag her away from you all." He said.

"I see. Pity these murals are not intact. Perhaps someone destroyed them? Though time is merciless too." He trying to think about what was going on with the queen. No scroll he had mentioned such a dragon in the Icefields. "It is possible She was in bibernation like we also do... however the idea dragons are vanishing without a trace is concerning as well. There is no way to tell if the queen is responsible, but I am curious about how she seemed to suddenly change her personality." He looked at Aries. "You said something about gifts. Could she have been some generous leader from what you saw depicted?"
Ranna looked at her. She listened to her thinking as dragons repaired her tomb and restored what they could. "What if?" She asked respectfully. She looked at the room around them as dragons worked tirelessly to make it better.

"Frozen lands offer resources too. Right?" She asked. The tomb filled with her treasure and now loyal dragons who respected the queen.

Regulus listens carefully to them both. "Only Ranna was... strange both heads would bite her simultaneously and then drag her away from you all." He said.

"I see. Pity these murals are not intact. Perhaps someone destroyed them? Though time is merciless too." He trying to think about what was going on with the queen. No scroll he had mentioned such a dragon in the Icefields. "It is possible She was in bibernation like we also do... however the idea dragons are vanishing without a trace is concerning as well. There is no way to tell if the queen is responsible, but I am curious about how she seemed to suddenly change her personality." He looked at Aries. "You said something about gifts. Could she have been some generous leader from what you saw depicted?"
“Resources that no one wants to go out into this unwelcoming land for!” The queen explained, turning to a dragon near her. “Hey, do me a favor, and do some research on resources exclusive to this region, that dragons all over need but can’t be bothered to go out here to get.”

“Maybe I should make this frozen wasteland a bit more welcoming…” the queen muttered.

———

Aquil was in deep thought. “To be honest…” he began “If I was in a deep sleep, was rudely woken up, saw that dragons had intruded upon my tomb and was trying to take away my hard earned treasure, I would be angry too.”

“That doesn’t explain this Ranna dragon.” Gordon spoke up, sitting atop Fairlith’s shoulder. “Why would the queen just straight up kidnap her? And then bite her?!”

“Unfortunately it’s hard to make out what exactly she was gifting.” Aries answered, recalling the murals.
“Resources that no one wants to go out into this unwelcoming land for!” The queen explained, turning to a dragon near her. “Hey, do me a favor, and do some research on resources exclusive to this region, that dragons all over need but can’t be bothered to go out here to get.”

“Maybe I should make this frozen wasteland a bit more welcoming…” the queen muttered.

———

Aquil was in deep thought. “To be honest…” he began “If I was in a deep sleep, was rudely woken up, saw that dragons had intruded upon my tomb and was trying to take away my hard earned treasure, I would be angry too.”

“That doesn’t explain this Ranna dragon.” Gordon spoke up, sitting atop Fairlith’s shoulder. “Why would the queen just straight up kidnap her? And then bite her?!”

“Unfortunately it’s hard to make out what exactly she was gifting.” Aries answered, recalling the murals.
xpxalNl.gif
Ranna looked at her. The dragon she spoke to immediately left the area to begin researching all resources in the land for the queen.

Ranna was thinking a moment herself. She was silent as the queen had dragons continue to rebuild her tomb into her new palace almost. "I forgot to thank you your majesty, for the gift... when the dragons i was with left me, you were kind to me. I have much to learn from you." She said following the two headed dragon to murals.

"That is the strange part. Was the queen perhaps joking? Or could what you saw not be Ranna at all?" Regulus trying to understand the magic or reason that the question would state She was gifting her and then taking her away from the expedition... only for Ranna to allegedly be with the queen during the invasion of the Aeries.

"If we are able to study the murals perhaps we could have learned more. But it is too dangerous now. We will have to somehow understand the Queen through observation and rumor." Regulus looked at the group. "Thank you for using honest with me though. Now perhaps we will be able to aid you all better, however i recommend not straying from the clan in case these missing dragons are in fact from the queen and her army."
Ranna looked at her. The dragon she spoke to immediately left the area to begin researching all resources in the land for the queen.

Ranna was thinking a moment herself. She was silent as the queen had dragons continue to rebuild her tomb into her new palace almost. "I forgot to thank you your majesty, for the gift... when the dragons i was with left me, you were kind to me. I have much to learn from you." She said following the two headed dragon to murals.

"That is the strange part. Was the queen perhaps joking? Or could what you saw not be Ranna at all?" Regulus trying to understand the magic or reason that the question would state She was gifting her and then taking her away from the expedition... only for Ranna to allegedly be with the queen during the invasion of the Aeries.

"If we are able to study the murals perhaps we could have learned more. But it is too dangerous now. We will have to somehow understand the Queen through observation and rumor." Regulus looked at the group. "Thank you for using honest with me though. Now perhaps we will be able to aid you all better, however i recommend not straying from the clan in case these missing dragons are in fact from the queen and her army."
“Oh dear, it seems like time wasn’t nice to the murals.” The queen said to herself, looking at the murals. “I should have a copy of the original plans used by my dragons to make it all those years ago… unless that also got lost…”

———

The aeries members immediately turned to Aries, who pulled out Viper’s bounty.

“That was exactly what I was planning to do.” He explained. “Not only would the income from finding the missing dragons help us rebuild our way back to our normality, but if it is related to the queen we might find a clue that might lead us to finding out who exactly she is.”

“Windswept Plateau is where I’m planning to look first. It should be free from the queen’s army for now, and the parchment wasn’t very specific on who the queen is looking for anyways. I’ll be fine.”
“Oh dear, it seems like time wasn’t nice to the murals.” The queen said to herself, looking at the murals. “I should have a copy of the original plans used by my dragons to make it all those years ago… unless that also got lost…”

———

The aeries members immediately turned to Aries, who pulled out Viper’s bounty.

“That was exactly what I was planning to do.” He explained. “Not only would the income from finding the missing dragons help us rebuild our way back to our normality, but if it is related to the queen we might find a clue that might lead us to finding out who exactly she is.”

“Windswept Plateau is where I’m planning to look first. It should be free from the queen’s army for now, and the parchment wasn’t very specific on who the queen is looking for anyways. I’ll be fine.”
xpxalNl.gif
Ranna looked at her. She was silent as she was talking about the damages, yet she herself wasn't sure what to say, or do. She looked at the busy dragons working upon the queens orders.

"Perhaps a new mural depicting your return?" She asked at last. She trying to help her feel better and rebuild.

Regulus's eyes narrowed carefully. "Although other clans may not know, you said this parchment is dropped by dragons who serve her? She no doubt has informed them of who they are seeking. If by chance you are found out there, they will more than likely attack." He said.

"We need to somehow reestablish both your clan and our trade routes. No doubt others may be able to speculate on the matter. What worries me is how she seems to alter the minds of other dragons."
Ranna looked at her. She was silent as she was talking about the damages, yet she herself wasn't sure what to say, or do. She looked at the busy dragons working upon the queens orders.

"Perhaps a new mural depicting your return?" She asked at last. She trying to help her feel better and rebuild.

Regulus's eyes narrowed carefully. "Although other clans may not know, you said this parchment is dropped by dragons who serve her? She no doubt has informed them of who they are seeking. If by chance you are found out there, they will more than likely attack." He said.

"We need to somehow reestablish both your clan and our trade routes. No doubt others may be able to speculate on the matter. What worries me is how she seems to alter the minds of other dragons."
“That sounds like a good idea.” The queen answered, smiling.

———

“Alter the minds of others…” Fairlith said to herself, before coming up with something. “Are the missing dragons attracted to the queen or something? The timing is too coincidental… almost like it’s not a coincidence… could something be bringing them to her?
“That sounds like a good idea.” The queen answered, smiling.

———

“Alter the minds of others…” Fairlith said to herself, before coming up with something. “Are the missing dragons attracted to the queen or something? The timing is too coincidental… almost like it’s not a coincidence… could something be bringing them to her?
xpxalNl.gif
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16