Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | An ancient Return (1x1)
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16
The patrol looked at him. "We need to be careful. She seems to have quite a following of dragons now." Nightfire said. "We should return to the lair immediately before they return."

The guards began to take flight away from the Cinderslag region to return to the safety they knew. The few days of the queen had been eventful to say the least...

Meanwhile Ranna was currently dancing for the queen. She using her old life before the gift of dance to pass the time as dragons bustled around the royal queen preparing for renovations.
The patrol looked at him. "We need to be careful. She seems to have quite a following of dragons now." Nightfire said. "We should return to the lair immediately before they return."

The guards began to take flight away from the Cinderslag region to return to the safety they knew. The few days of the queen had been eventful to say the least...

Meanwhile Ranna was currently dancing for the queen. She using her old life before the gift of dance to pass the time as dragons bustled around the royal queen preparing for renovations.
The Queen was giving out orders for her army, one of those included a new statue. Because some dragon destroyed her last one.

——

Aries nodded, and so the group left Cinderslag and headed back home… well home for some and ‘temporary home’ for others.

In the back of his head, the bounty hunter was plotting. After Maida’s… who knows how many questions she’s going to ask, he would investigate the disappearance of Viper…

And maybe discover some new details about the Queen.
The Queen was giving out orders for her army, one of those included a new statue. Because some dragon destroyed her last one.

——

Aries nodded, and so the group left Cinderslag and headed back home… well home for some and ‘temporary home’ for others.

In the back of his head, the bounty hunter was plotting. After Maida’s… who knows how many questions she’s going to ask, he would investigate the disappearance of Viper…

And maybe discover some new details about the Queen.
xpxalNl.gif
Ranna continues to dance for the queen. She at the moment lost in the old life before she met her in the tomb. Oblivious to the countless dragons working on the statue... at least until she heard the queen say something to her.

If he was lucky perhaps the questions would be simple... if not he might have an interrogation of his clan and accompanied by the ashfall alliance themselves in order to find the truth of what happened.
Ranna continues to dance for the queen. She at the moment lost in the old life before she met her in the tomb. Oblivious to the countless dragons working on the statue... at least until she heard the queen say something to her.

If he was lucky perhaps the questions would be simple... if not he might have an interrogation of his clan and accompanied by the ashfall alliance themselves in order to find the truth of what happened.
The Queen, having checked up on the status of the new statue, walked over to Ranna, admiring her work.

“Wonderful! I’m curious to know where you learned to dance so well.” She said, clapping her massive hands. It wasn’t unusual for her to praise the dragons in her army. Any little task they did, they were recognized for.

———

Now that Maida had her target where she wanted… the many questions began.

“So, while you were gone I asked Lindheimer some questions…” she began, in a corner of their temporary home while the others were helping out with any task their new allies needed. “He gave me the basic rundown. You guys were just minding your own business when Marquise knocked over a statue, which awakened the queen. She took the Pearlcatcher who accompanied you and you guys straight up stole the treasure and abandoned her?”

“Pretty much.” Aries answered. “Correction: Marquise did the stealing. We only helped her out halfway through the return journey. She is also the one who abandoned the pearlcatcher. All blame is on that Aether.”

“Tsk. Aethers and their research, they use that stupid word to excuse their behavior. To think it was Marquise who made all the mess…” Maida grumbled under her breath, before continuing. “Is anything else missing? You are… oddly observant. Surely there is something Lindheimer missed that is vital…”

“You know for once, nothing.” Aries said, before pulling out the three things he wanted to show Maida: the newspaper article, Viper’s bounty (although it was more like a missing dragon poster) and the parchment from the Queen. “You might be interested in this. Seems like the Queen is taking dragons from clans and ‘rehabilitating’ them, saying that they’re better off left with her.”

Maida inspected each item, but especially the parchment. “Do you happen to be one of the dragons the Queen wants to punish?” She asked, casually.

“Maybe.” Aries answered.
The Queen, having checked up on the status of the new statue, walked over to Ranna, admiring her work.

“Wonderful! I’m curious to know where you learned to dance so well.” She said, clapping her massive hands. It wasn’t unusual for her to praise the dragons in her army. Any little task they did, they were recognized for.

———

Now that Maida had her target where she wanted… the many questions began.

“So, while you were gone I asked Lindheimer some questions…” she began, in a corner of their temporary home while the others were helping out with any task their new allies needed. “He gave me the basic rundown. You guys were just minding your own business when Marquise knocked over a statue, which awakened the queen. She took the Pearlcatcher who accompanied you and you guys straight up stole the treasure and abandoned her?”

“Pretty much.” Aries answered. “Correction: Marquise did the stealing. We only helped her out halfway through the return journey. She is also the one who abandoned the pearlcatcher. All blame is on that Aether.”

“Tsk. Aethers and their research, they use that stupid word to excuse their behavior. To think it was Marquise who made all the mess…” Maida grumbled under her breath, before continuing. “Is anything else missing? You are… oddly observant. Surely there is something Lindheimer missed that is vital…”

“You know for once, nothing.” Aries said, before pulling out the three things he wanted to show Maida: the newspaper article, Viper’s bounty (although it was more like a missing dragon poster) and the parchment from the Queen. “You might be interested in this. Seems like the Queen is taking dragons from clans and ‘rehabilitating’ them, saying that they’re better off left with her.”

Maida inspected each item, but especially the parchment. “Do you happen to be one of the dragons the Queen wants to punish?” She asked, casually.

“Maybe.” Aries answered.
xpxalNl.gif
Ranna stopped and looked at her mid pose. "Thank you your majesty." She said bowing. Despite being called princess by her, Ranna remains almost the same.

"I was taught by my mother a skydancer. She taught me everything, minus my father who educated me. However Ranna was curious about why the queen seemed to always focus on her more than many others. "I am sorry I disturbed you when you awoke..." She said. She hoped giving the queen her pearl helped her anger.

If Aries was indeed wanted by the queen, then the ashfall alliance they hid in may be in danger. Or worse had to negotiate with the queen herself... who seemed more interested in rehabilitating dragons and punishing the trio of thieves from the tomb.
The context of what happened still hidden from the allied clan, but dragons began trying to work and teach the new arrivals how to help, from cooking to merely mining for ore under the surface of the clan, there was plenty of work and pay available to them willing to work.

However what would the group do with the information? Would they hide it from the leader and the guards? Or be honest...
Ranna stopped and looked at her mid pose. "Thank you your majesty." She said bowing. Despite being called princess by her, Ranna remains almost the same.

"I was taught by my mother a skydancer. She taught me everything, minus my father who educated me. However Ranna was curious about why the queen seemed to always focus on her more than many others. "I am sorry I disturbed you when you awoke..." She said. She hoped giving the queen her pearl helped her anger.

If Aries was indeed wanted by the queen, then the ashfall alliance they hid in may be in danger. Or worse had to negotiate with the queen herself... who seemed more interested in rehabilitating dragons and punishing the trio of thieves from the tomb.
The context of what happened still hidden from the allied clan, but dragons began trying to work and teach the new arrivals how to help, from cooking to merely mining for ore under the surface of the clan, there was plenty of work and pay available to them willing to work.

However what would the group do with the information? Would they hide it from the leader and the guards? Or be honest...
The queen looked very interested. “Ooh, great knowledge comes from great dragons..” she said. “And don’t worry, you haven’t done anything wrong. Those thieves though… oh how could they escape…”

———

Fairlith was helping out with cooking when she overheard the conversation between Aries and Maida. She literally stopped whatever she was doing and slowly turned to face the bounty hunter.

“You are wanted by who?” She asked, just to make sure…

“The queen.” Maida answered. “She’s kidnapping dragons, justifying it by calling it rehabilitation, and wants to punish the ‘thieves’ aka this shady wildclaw and the sandsurge.”

Fairlith just blankly stared at Maida, then to Aries. “Does anyone else know that you’re wanted?” She asked the bounty hunter.

“Well now that you said it out loud this entire clan knows about it.” Aries answered, before revealing the set of hidden knives hidden in his gauntlet. “And it better stay in this volcano and this volcano only, I don’t want the entire Ashfall waste looking for me okay?”
The queen looked very interested. “Ooh, great knowledge comes from great dragons..” she said. “And don’t worry, you haven’t done anything wrong. Those thieves though… oh how could they escape…”

———

Fairlith was helping out with cooking when she overheard the conversation between Aries and Maida. She literally stopped whatever she was doing and slowly turned to face the bounty hunter.

“You are wanted by who?” She asked, just to make sure…

“The queen.” Maida answered. “She’s kidnapping dragons, justifying it by calling it rehabilitation, and wants to punish the ‘thieves’ aka this shady wildclaw and the sandsurge.”

Fairlith just blankly stared at Maida, then to Aries. “Does anyone else know that you’re wanted?” She asked the bounty hunter.

“Well now that you said it out loud this entire clan knows about it.” Aries answered, before revealing the set of hidden knives hidden in his gauntlet. “And it better stay in this volcano and this volcano only, I don’t want the entire Ashfall waste looking for me okay?”
xpxalNl.gif
Ranna looked at her. "Is something on your mind? She asked curiously. She began to dance again as they spoke. However Ranna is very different from the last time the dragons saw her... She was learning the new culture from the queen, she smiled at her revealing that the plant eating teeth of a pearlcatcher had changed...

Hopefully the clan didn't hear, as they had been discussing the matter away from the other dragons of the clan.

However, the news would cause quite a commotion if found out as Aries would likely be considered responsible for the queen and the actions that followed. He may get a bounty on himself if he was not careful now, especially with how the parchment from the queen stated she was looking for two more dragons...
Ranna looked at her. "Is something on your mind? She asked curiously. She began to dance again as they spoke. However Ranna is very different from the last time the dragons saw her... She was learning the new culture from the queen, she smiled at her revealing that the plant eating teeth of a pearlcatcher had changed...

Hopefully the clan didn't hear, as they had been discussing the matter away from the other dragons of the clan.

However, the news would cause quite a commotion if found out as Aries would likely be considered responsible for the queen and the actions that followed. He may get a bounty on himself if he was not careful now, especially with how the parchment from the queen stated she was looking for two more dragons...
“I’m just… I guess you could say shocked by how modern day dragons act.” The queen answered. “How two different dragons can act so differently…”

———

Fairlith just… silently stepped away from Aries like nothing happened and resumed her help with cooking. The bounty hunter made sure she kept her mouth shut as she worked, before turning back to Maida.

“Anyways, I plan on searching for the missing Auraboa.” He explained, taking back Viper’s bounty from her. “I still have to do my job remember? The income might help considering we’re left with nothing.”

“Pfft, not while you have a bounty on your own head-“ Maida began to explain but Aries held up a claw

“The parchment did not specify who exactly the queen is looking for, as long as word doesn’t get out I’m alright.” He said, putting the bounty in his bag. “And it better not get out of this volcano. I’m heading to the wind domain. That was where Viper was last seen. From there I’ll gather clues that will hopefully lead me there-“

He was interrupted by Aquil, standing behind him, with a sleepy look on his face, suggesting that he just woke up.

“I would like you to eat breakfast first and explain everything from the start to Regulus.” He said, calmly before yawning. “Fairlith, I need you on witness. Gordon you too. Lindheimer take her position while we”re busy.”
“I’m just… I guess you could say shocked by how modern day dragons act.” The queen answered. “How two different dragons can act so differently…”

———

Fairlith just… silently stepped away from Aries like nothing happened and resumed her help with cooking. The bounty hunter made sure she kept her mouth shut as she worked, before turning back to Maida.

“Anyways, I plan on searching for the missing Auraboa.” He explained, taking back Viper’s bounty from her. “I still have to do my job remember? The income might help considering we’re left with nothing.”

“Pfft, not while you have a bounty on your own head-“ Maida began to explain but Aries held up a claw

“The parchment did not specify who exactly the queen is looking for, as long as word doesn’t get out I’m alright.” He said, putting the bounty in his bag. “And it better not get out of this volcano. I’m heading to the wind domain. That was where Viper was last seen. From there I’ll gather clues that will hopefully lead me there-“

He was interrupted by Aquil, standing behind him, with a sleepy look on his face, suggesting that he just woke up.

“I would like you to eat breakfast first and explain everything from the start to Regulus.” He said, calmly before yawning. “Fairlith, I need you on witness. Gordon you too. Lindheimer take her position while we”re busy.”
xpxalNl.gif
Ranna looked at her. "I understand your majesty. It must be quite a surprise to see everything different from when you had been ruling." She said honestly. "I know only a little about history, but I am curious about your own as we help you rebuild."

This would be very interesting, as not only was their stubborn bounty hunter wildclaw trying to resume his career, but now has a bounty of his own... the queen was seeking the theives, the dragons who took treasure from the tomb and abandoned Ranna without any second thought.

However now they had to inform Regulus, the leader of the clan. As he was sheltering them and Aries was a danger to both now. If the queen was after them like how she conquered the clan of Aeries.

Several dragons were walking around the area now, going about their daily routine now, oblivious at the moment to the group. But it won't last forever, they were going to listen and catch something eventually. If they told Regulus, they may not have the entire story like Aquil.
Ranna looked at her. "I understand your majesty. It must be quite a surprise to see everything different from when you had been ruling." She said honestly. "I know only a little about history, but I am curious about your own as we help you rebuild."

This would be very interesting, as not only was their stubborn bounty hunter wildclaw trying to resume his career, but now has a bounty of his own... the queen was seeking the theives, the dragons who took treasure from the tomb and abandoned Ranna without any second thought.

However now they had to inform Regulus, the leader of the clan. As he was sheltering them and Aries was a danger to both now. If the queen was after them like how she conquered the clan of Aeries.

Several dragons were walking around the area now, going about their daily routine now, oblivious at the moment to the group. But it won't last forever, they were going to listen and catch something eventually. If they told Regulus, they may not have the entire story like Aquil.
“The world has changed a lot since I last ruled…” the queen muttered to herself, before answering Ranna’s question. “This section of the southern ice field was always ruled by my family all those years ago, but it fell during my rule. My dragons never lost hope, because they were the ones who put me in a deep sleep, hoping that there would be a day when we could reclaim this land.”

———

Aquil had lead Aries to where he heard Regulus was, hearing the story for himself.

“So majority of the trouble was caused by Marquise but the queen wants to punish you and you’re going out to find a missing dragon who may have been taken by the queen?”

Aries nodded. “Pretty much.” Beside him, Fairlith and Gordon gave a nod of truth, while Aquil studied their expressions.

“You better tell the whole story, from start to finish, and leave nothing out.” Aquil explained, coming to a stop outside Regulus’ lair. “And one more thing. I’m simply the acting leader, and this is Regulus’ territory. Whatever he decides to do with you, you respect his decision. No pulling out hidden weapons. And yes, this does include being kicked out. I’m risking our alliance here.”

He knocked on Regulus’ door, not giving Aries time to reconsider his choices. “Regulus? There are some words I would like to say to you regarding the queen.”
“The world has changed a lot since I last ruled…” the queen muttered to herself, before answering Ranna’s question. “This section of the southern ice field was always ruled by my family all those years ago, but it fell during my rule. My dragons never lost hope, because they were the ones who put me in a deep sleep, hoping that there would be a day when we could reclaim this land.”

———

Aquil had lead Aries to where he heard Regulus was, hearing the story for himself.

“So majority of the trouble was caused by Marquise but the queen wants to punish you and you’re going out to find a missing dragon who may have been taken by the queen?”

Aries nodded. “Pretty much.” Beside him, Fairlith and Gordon gave a nod of truth, while Aquil studied their expressions.

“You better tell the whole story, from start to finish, and leave nothing out.” Aquil explained, coming to a stop outside Regulus’ lair. “And one more thing. I’m simply the acting leader, and this is Regulus’ territory. Whatever he decides to do with you, you respect his decision. No pulling out hidden weapons. And yes, this does include being kicked out. I’m risking our alliance here.”

He knocked on Regulus’ door, not giving Aries time to reconsider his choices. “Regulus? There are some words I would like to say to you regarding the queen.”
xpxalNl.gif
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16