Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | MJ24 Story & Poetry Contest -WINNERS!-
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17
This book, appearing just as mysteriously as the others, has part of a name written on it after “Sushi Spider”. “Star” (the rest is scratched out). Seems our author is still shy. @sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] Sushispider1212 [b]ID:[/b] 586970 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Windy Words - Story [i]Words used:[/i] Build, Raise, Scale, Leap, Climb, Round [b]Entry Title:[/b] The Whispering Squid [b]Dragon Author:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74620575][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/746206/74620575_350.png[/img][/url] ——- In the pier, there is a building. It is quite tall, a spire built to last against the harsh rains that drench the area in which it stands. And in this tempest of roiling waves, there was a little squid. This squid had one duty, and that was to climb this tower. Every day it would climb up, and every night it would climb down. Over and over and over and over again. Once it reaches the top at sunset, it raises one of little arms to the sun and whispers secrets to all that would hear. Things that were ever meant to be known, things that only the squid cared about. And the sun would set, taking those secrets down to the bottom of the sea with it, never to be heard again. The squid descends the tower after this, down and down into the sea once more for the night. Here, at the bottom of the sea, it rests. The fish with their rainbow scales dart around the squid, their simple movements saying countless untold secrets. The squid remembers it all, even as it sleeps. And upon being awakened by the sun, shining down and reminding the squid of the terrible truths that it has collected, it leaps out of the water to climb once more. It takes longer to go up than down for the little squid. Legend has it that if you find this pier with this tower (which one exactly, no one knows, as there are many piers with these strange, perfectly cylinder-shaped towers), if you manage to climb up to where the squid is whispering, you will learn everything you never wanted to learn and more. Knowledge isn’t for those who are picky. However, if you help the squid out, give it some food on the climb up, or maybe carry it so that it finally reaches the top before sunset, you can ask the squid one question. Any question. And it will answer you. And so, you and the squid will sit on the perfectly round top of this perfectly straight pillar and watch the sunset together, whispering secrets to each other before they drown in the waves.
This book, appearing just as mysteriously as the others, has part of a name written on it after “Sushi Spider”. “Star” (the rest is scratched out). Seems our author is still shy.

@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah

Name: Sushispider1212
ID: 586970
Entry Prompt: Windy Words - Story
Words used: Build, Raise, Scale, Leap, Climb, Round
Entry Title: The Whispering Squid

Dragon Author: 74620575_350.png

——-
In the pier, there is a building. It is quite tall, a spire built to last against the harsh rains that drench the area in which it stands.

And in this tempest of roiling waves, there was a little squid.

This squid had one duty, and that was to climb this tower. Every day it would climb up, and every night it would climb down. Over and over and over and over again.

Once it reaches the top at sunset, it raises one of little arms to the sun and whispers secrets to all that would hear. Things that were ever meant to be known, things that only the squid cared about.

And the sun would set, taking those secrets down to the bottom of the sea with it, never to be heard again.

The squid descends the tower after this, down and down into the sea once more for the night. Here, at the bottom of the sea, it rests.

The fish with their rainbow scales dart around the squid, their simple movements saying countless untold secrets. The squid remembers it all, even as it sleeps.

And upon being awakened by the sun, shining down and reminding the squid of the terrible truths that it has collected, it leaps out of the water to climb once more. It takes longer to go up than down for the little squid.

Legend has it that if you find this pier with this tower (which one exactly, no one knows, as there are many piers with these strange, perfectly cylinder-shaped towers), if you manage to climb up to where the squid is whispering, you will learn everything you never wanted to learn and more. Knowledge isn’t for those who are picky.

However, if you help the squid out, give it some food on the climb up, or maybe carry it so that it finally reaches the top before sunset, you can ask the squid one question. Any question. And it will answer you.

And so, you and the squid will sit on the perfectly round top of this perfectly straight pillar and watch the sunset together, whispering secrets to each other before they drown in the waves.
IMG_1557.gifUntitled576_20230412201616.png
@DismasYves @Sushispider1212 [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55696407][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/556965/55696407_350.png[/img][/url][color=transparent] [nextcol] Kilkenny goes through one entry after the other. "Words in the limit... and enough necessary words used. Well done! Hope you're enjoying the festival, feel free to come back again." [/columns]
@DismasYves @Sushispider1212
55696407_350.png
Kilkenny goes through one entry after the other.

"Words in the limit... and enough necessary words used. Well done! Hope you're enjoying the festival, feel free to come back again."
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] Fishes [b]ID:[/b] 384930 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Windy Words: Poem (544 words) [i](if Windy Words) Words used:[/i] scale, cloth, feather, wood, paper, sail, free, high, fly, sky, up [b]Entry Title:[/b] The Ballad of the Paper Boat [b]Dragon Author:[/b] Zeitgeist [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84897552][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/848976/84897552_350.png[/img][/url] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=84897552][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/848976/84897552p.png[/img][/url][nextcol] [quote=Zei]This is based off a story I devo- I mean discovered, here in Harbor Haven. I hope I represent it well![/quote][/columns] ------ I will tell you of a tale Although on a much smaller scale, Of a dragon’s feather, a paper boat, And the courage and wits to keep it afloat. There once was a Fae who wanted a ship, To raise the sails and feel the clip Of the waves beating upon it. To be free on the sea was all she wanted! One day the port had a grand contest, A boating race, to see who was the best! Our Fae signed up quickly, but she was upset To hear laughter come from the crowd of dragonets! For you see, she was quite small, In fact, barely under 3 inches tall. The other dragons were much larger in size, Her spirit, they tried to minimize. Their boats were built with cloth and wood, Those planks were sturdy and withstood The wind and waves of the ocean in full. Indeed, these boats had mighty hulls! But the little blue Fae did not quiver, Did not lose hope, not even a sliver. She knew in her heart she was strong enough, And didn’t react to the others’ bluffs. First of all, she needed a boat. But for a small dragon, how should she float? She watched some streamers fly in the air, And soon, an idea had made its way there. “A paper boat would fit me just fine!” So she cut a few streamers down from the line. Then she flew over to her friend, a printer, A Skydancer by the name of Winter. “Hey Winter, can I borrow some paper?” she asked, “I’m making a boat and need to finish the task!” Winter smiled. “Of course! Let’s put it together. And for some luck, let me give you my feather.” The Fae was grateful for all of the help, And set off to test out her boat for herself. She placed the feather in just like a mast, and a reminder of the events that had just passed. On the day of the race, all were at the start, Raring to go and excited to take part. “Three, two, one, GO!” Said the town crier, And all the boats took off like on fire! But the little Fae’s boat was tossed in the wake, The impact seemed more than the paper could take. After the chaos, no one was sure where it landed, But soon, a keen eye saw that she wasn’t stranded! The great waves pushed the boat up so high, The paper ship was sailing the sky! The Fae was so excited! She was finally free! She flew the boat with dignity. She floated past rivals with relative ease, Relying on her sense of the breeze. At last, she landed and crossed the finish line. But did she make it across in time? The judges discussed the results themselves, And took the trophies off the shelves. Our Fae got third place, and she was proud! She didn’t let the others words get her down. And that is the story of the smallest Fae to get a trophy and win the day. Ever since, there have been paper boats In our cities’ waterways, ever afloat. If you make a wish and put in a feather, Your dreams will float on the shore forever.

Name: Fishes
ID: 384930
Entry Prompt: Windy Words: Poem (544 words)
(if Windy Words) Words used: scale, cloth, feather, wood, paper, sail, free, high, fly, sky, up

Entry Title: The Ballad of the Paper Boat

Dragon Author: Zeitgeist
84897552_350.png

84897552p.png
Zei wrote:
This is based off a story I devo- I mean discovered, here in Harbor Haven. I hope I represent it well!

I will tell you of a tale
Although on a much smaller scale,
Of a dragon’s feather, a paper boat,
And the courage and wits to keep it afloat.

There once was a Fae who wanted a ship,
To raise the sails and feel the clip
Of the waves beating upon it.
To be free on the sea was all she wanted!

One day the port had a grand contest,
A boating race, to see who was the best!
Our Fae signed up quickly, but she was upset
To hear laughter come from the crowd of dragonets!

For you see, she was quite small,
In fact, barely under 3 inches tall.
The other dragons were much larger in size,
Her spirit, they tried to minimize.

Their boats were built with cloth and wood,
Those planks were sturdy and withstood
The wind and waves of the ocean in full.
Indeed, these boats had mighty hulls!

But the little blue Fae did not quiver,
Did not lose hope, not even a sliver.
She knew in her heart she was strong enough,
And didn’t react to the others’ bluffs.

First of all, she needed a boat.
But for a small dragon, how should she float?
She watched some streamers fly in the air,
And soon, an idea had made its way there.

“A paper boat would fit me just fine!”
So she cut a few streamers down from the line.
Then she flew over to her friend, a printer,
A Skydancer by the name of Winter.

“Hey Winter, can I borrow some paper?” she asked,
“I’m making a boat and need to finish the task!”
Winter smiled. “Of course! Let’s put it together.
And for some luck, let me give you my feather.”

The Fae was grateful for all of the help,
And set off to test out her boat for herself.
She placed the feather in just like a mast,
and a reminder of the events that had just passed.

On the day of the race, all were at the start,
Raring to go and excited to take part.
“Three, two, one, GO!” Said the town crier,
And all the boats took off like on fire!

But the little Fae’s boat was tossed in the wake,
The impact seemed more than the paper could take.
After the chaos, no one was sure where it landed,
But soon, a keen eye saw that she wasn’t stranded!

The great waves pushed the boat up so high,
The paper ship was sailing the sky!
The Fae was so excited! She was finally free!
She flew the boat with dignity.

She floated past rivals with relative ease,
Relying on her sense of the breeze.
At last, she landed and crossed the finish line.
But did she make it across in time?

The judges discussed the results themselves,
And took the trophies off the shelves.
Our Fae got third place, and she was proud!
She didn’t let the others words get her down.

And that is the story of the smallest Fae
to get a trophy and win the day.
Ever since, there have been paper boats
In our cities’ waterways, ever afloat.
If you make a wish and put in a feather,
Your dreams will float on the shore forever.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] cinderrain [b]ID:[/b] 115474 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Wee Wordy Things - Poem [b]Entry Title:[/b] springtime leaf [b]Dragon Author:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/16239048][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/162391/16239048_350.png[/img][/url] pulled by a spring breeze the new-unfurled leaf quivers waiting yet to fly

Name: cinderrain
ID: 115474
Entry Prompt: Wee Wordy Things - Poem
Entry Title: springtime leaf

Dragon Author:
16239048_350.png

pulled by a spring breeze
the new-unfurled leaf quivers
waiting yet to fly
adopt-sig.pngxxxrva7IHk.pngxxxroad-not-taken-button-90px.pngxxx4XpFW61.png
@sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] cinderrain [b]ID:[/b] 115474 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Windy Words - Poem [i](if Windy Words) Words used:[/i] fly, sky, wood, paper, feather, kerfuffle [b]Entry Title:[/b] Pie in the Sky [b]Dragon Author:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/16239048][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/162391/16239048_350.png[/img][/url] There once was a corgi named Pie who always had wanted to fly a hainu he’s not but the one thing he sought was to chase his tail into the sky Our dog-hero’s story began with the Jamboree sparking a plan: if all manner of things were allowed to have wings he told himself - yes, I too can! He nicks some things meant for the kites and makes himself look quite a sight with paper and wood the Corgi Who Could! and his ill-advised Very First Flight His smooth sailing comes to an end our tale takes a twist and a bend: his theft has been found and here Pie-ward bound some unhappy kitemakers descend! Pie flees through the buttersnake pen then upsets the kiwis again with feathers a-ruffle a chaos kerfuffle his pursuers crowd ten-by-ten Pie stops with his paws on a cliff And gives the air a brave little sniff He wiggles his rump And makes a big jump And his wings catch the wind - we have lift! Though really more gliding than flight And not from a very great height He doesn’t care Paws paddling the air And his stubby tail signals delight.

Name: cinderrain
ID: 115474
Entry Prompt: Windy Words - Poem
(if Windy Words) Words used: fly, sky, wood, paper, feather, kerfuffle
Entry Title: Pie in the Sky

Dragon Author:
16239048_350.png

There once was a corgi named Pie
who always had wanted to fly
a hainu he’s not
but the one thing he sought
was to chase his tail into the sky

Our dog-hero’s story began
with the Jamboree sparking a plan:
if all manner of things
were allowed to have wings
he told himself - yes, I too can!

He nicks some things meant for the kites
and makes himself look quite a sight
with paper and wood
the Corgi Who Could!
and his ill-advised Very First Flight

His smooth sailing comes to an end
our tale takes a twist and a bend:
his theft has been found
and here Pie-ward bound
some unhappy kitemakers descend!

Pie flees through the buttersnake pen
then upsets the kiwis again
with feathers a-ruffle
a chaos kerfuffle
his pursuers crowd ten-by-ten

Pie stops with his paws on a cliff
And gives the air a brave little sniff
He wiggles his rump
And makes a big jump
And his wings catch the wind - we have lift!

Though really more gliding than flight
And not from a very great height
He doesn’t care
Paws paddling the air
And his stubby tail signals delight.
adopt-sig.pngxxxrva7IHk.pngxxxroad-not-taken-button-90px.pngxxx4XpFW61.png
This time, someone finally spots the book being turned in. By a very long, purple and white striped arm. It just reaches out from underneath the table to place the book on it. Very unsettling. @sockmonkeygerald @paintminion @Sinjin @eyayah [b]Name:[/b] Sushispider1212 [b]ID:[/b] 586970 [b]Entry Prompt:[/b] Windy Words - Poem [i]Words used:[/i] Feather, free, ditty [b]Entry Title:[/b] The Stars See All [b]Dragon Author:[/b] “Star”? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74620575][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/746206/74620575_350.png[/img][/url] ——- The stars notice If you are alone They always know Everything that happens below The feathers of a bird Stuck in a cat’s mouth The scales of a fish Gleaming in the sun The stars always were Free from this world And its rules And bounds They dance and play Moving around that sky Singing a little ditty To how they have no cares Sure The stars see all But do they care? No, they don’t This dying world You all alone Nothing to give you A last breath of hope The stars see They see all But they don’t care And that’s important But you see them Playing and dancing Singing out of joy And you care You care a whole lot.
This time, someone finally spots the book being turned in. By a very long, purple and white striped arm. It just reaches out from underneath the table to place the book on it. Very unsettling.

Name: Sushispider1212
ID: 586970
Entry Prompt: Windy Words - Poem
Words used: Feather, free, ditty
Entry Title: The Stars See All

Dragon Author: “Star”? 74620575_350.png

——-

The stars notice
If you are alone
They always know
Everything that happens below

The feathers of a bird
Stuck in a cat’s mouth
The scales of a fish
Gleaming in the sun

The stars always were
Free from this world
And its rules
And bounds

They dance and play
Moving around that sky
Singing a little ditty
To how they have no cares

Sure
The stars see all
But do they care?
No, they don’t

This dying world
You all alone
Nothing to give you
A last breath of hope

The stars see
They see all
But they don’t care
And that’s important

But you see them
Playing and dancing
Singing out of joy
And you care

You care a whole lot.
IMG_1557.gifUntitled576_20230412201616.png
[columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/20530941][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/205310/20530941_350.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] "All entries up until this point have been written down in our records." Arc snaps the book in xyr claws closed and sighs. "Unfortunately, though, we are still working on judging them all." [/columns]
20530941_350.png "All entries up until this point have been written down in our records." Arc snaps the book in xyr claws closed and sighs. "Unfortunately, though, we are still working on judging them all."
eyayah | art shop
mlr1H8z.png
@Fishes @cinderrain [columns] "Looks like everything's in order... yep. Welcome aboard! Have a hat." To the aether Kilkenny added, "If you get munchy, please make sure to go for the empty tomes. Preferably the misbehavers leashed in that corner." @Sushispider1212 Kilkenny stared at the space where a purple-and-white arm had been while going over the entry the arm had delivered, muttering. "How many joints did that... not like there's a species restriction on joining... optical illusion? mental effect? Huh. Shy, anyway." She nodded to herself and said aloud firmly, "Nice stripes. Also, got this down." [nextcol] [color=transparent][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55696407][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/556965/55696407_350.png[/img][/url] [/columns]
@Fishes @cinderrain
"Looks like everything's in order... yep. Welcome aboard! Have a hat."

To the aether Kilkenny added, "If you get munchy, please make sure to go for the empty tomes. Preferably the misbehavers leashed in that corner."

@Sushispider1212

Kilkenny stared at the space where a purple-and-white arm had been while going over the entry the arm had delivered, muttering. "How many joints did that... not like there's a species restriction on joining... optical illusion? mental effect? Huh. Shy, anyway."

She nodded to herself and said aloud firmly, "Nice stripes. Also, got this down."
55696407_350.png
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
I am SO unbelievably happy that the Story and Poetry Contest is still part of MistJam ^^
I am SO unbelievably happy that the Story and Poetry Contest is still part of MistJam ^^
forum_readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzp6.pngforum_2_by_starrytak-db9ld8u.pngforum_3_by_starrytak-db9ld8t.pngforum_4_by_starrytak-db9ld8r.pngforum5readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzpa.png
Mystorra your story contest was the formative experience of my very first MistJam! Happy to keep the tradition going :) And hi! Glad you made it for the fest o/
Mystorra your story contest was the formative experience of my very first MistJam! Happy to keep the tradition going :) And hi! Glad you made it for the fest o/
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17