Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do ya'll name your familiars?
1 2 3 4 5
I name my familiars whenever I feel like it.* *aka whenever I remember to [emoji=skull size=1]
I name my familiars whenever I feel like it.*

*aka whenever I remember to
ZcrsSbC.png
Sometimes! Usually to just theme them with the dragon; I dont really care about the fams beyond giving me my daily money
Sometimes! Usually to just theme them with the dragon; I dont really care about the fams beyond giving me my daily money
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
I’m far from naming all of mine, but that’s my goal! I like to name them meaningful words from other languages, or after technical names for various phenomena, or obscure words, or scientific names of species, or after characters and things in my favorite media. I keep a running document with the name I’ve given to each familiar and a description of what the name means — one day I plan to upload it and leave a link on my profile. ^_^
I’m far from naming all of mine, but that’s my goal! I like to name them meaningful words from other languages, or after technical names for various phenomena, or obscure words, or scientific names of species, or after characters and things in my favorite media. I keep a running document with the name I’ve given to each familiar and a description of what the name means — one day I plan to upload it and leave a link on my profile. ^_^
sEBxtxA.png thDLJf3.png eGiN2Xv.png
I name a new one every time it asks me to. Considering how difficult it is to find some themed familiars I think i'm going to go rename like, all of those particular type with like a similar prefix or something so if i search by nickname they all come up.
I name a new one every time it asks me to. Considering how difficult it is to find some themed familiars I think i'm going to go rename like, all of those particular type with like a similar prefix or something so if i search by nickname they all come up.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
I don't I should name my relevant ones but idk what to give them
I don't I should name my relevant ones but idk what to give them
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
We only name familiars for fandragons, we’re already kinda mediocre at naming and we don’t really see a good reason to bother
We only name familiars for fandragons, we’re already kinda mediocre at naming and we don’t really see a good reason to bother
3ab5c778.gifJupiter/Ben • She/Nix/Nova/Voi • FR+0 • Art ShopWishlist 3ab5c778.gif
I never name them, I feel like they are already named, even though I know "Rainbow Sprite" etc. aren't technically names^^
I never name them, I feel like they are already named, even though I know "Rainbow Sprite" etc. aren't technically names^^
tumblr_inline_nnxvl2h4qm1sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvlaOVtE1sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvl6sIv51sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvlhoMWV1sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvkhZbq41sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvkrUkLO1sna6h0_100.png
My favorite thing to do is to name dragons things like "Lightningclaw" and then fams are just "Ben" and "Steve". But i keep forgetting[emoji=spiral sad size=1]Gotta get my stuff together
My favorite thing to do is to name dragons things like "Lightningclaw" and then fams are just "Ben" and "Steve".

But i keep forgettingGotta get my stuff together
Well I named a select handful of them but then stopped because I didn't want to do the work of looking up cool names.
Well I named a select handful of them but then stopped because I didn't want to do the work of looking up cool names.
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
I name the permanent fams but since I'm always cycling them around for bonding, I don't want to stick too many until I'm well ahead on my living bestiary goal.
I name the permanent fams but since I'm always cycling them around for bonding, I don't want to stick too many until I'm well ahead on my living bestiary goal.
QYzhmAi.png
1 2 3 4 5