Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Videogames and the power of Nostalgia
1 2 3
Minecraft holds some nostalgia for me, though I didn't start playing it young enough to get that really gut-wrenching nostalgia feeling.

Zelda however, now we're talking. Twilight princess and Wind Waker were the first Zelda's I played on my brothers Gamecube. I would do anything to play them again, but not on an emulator, I want the full gamecube experience with that weird controller.

Also MarioKart on the DS..
Minecraft holds some nostalgia for me, though I didn't start playing it young enough to get that really gut-wrenching nostalgia feeling.

Zelda however, now we're talking. Twilight princess and Wind Waker were the first Zelda's I played on my brothers Gamecube. I would do anything to play them again, but not on an emulator, I want the full gamecube experience with that weird controller.

Also MarioKart on the DS..
WNI1zBD.png 000 Links.

art shop
uma sales
wishlist
honestly? portal. portal got me into videogames. i didnt even play it for several years -- it was just one of the first game playthroughs i watched on youtube! (i tried to play the demo but my family computer was a potato and glitched a lot... and i was like 8 or 9 or something and didnt know technology yet...) when i finally got to play it... best feeling ever. sometimes i just go and replay it just for the feeling.

also agree with others on mariokart DS though. that was the first game i got really, REALLY good at. i won a (admittedly very small) local tournament when i was like, 10. against several grown men. glorious. mariokart wii for many of the same reasons--though i play modded mkwii more often now so its less nostalgic.

minecraft again not cause i played it but cause i watched others play it on youtube. watching those old videos makes me really nostalgic. i played the creative mode small demo and loved it though lol.

nintendogs.. no explanation needed... but i tried to play it recently and it wanted me to like YELL the names of the dogs. and while thats cute for an 8 year old. not so much for a 24 year old in an apartment... so ill live with the memories for now!

ni no kuni as well though i was a bit older. amazing game... i need to replay it sometime!i never played the sequel although i do own it on the switch...
honestly? portal. portal got me into videogames. i didnt even play it for several years -- it was just one of the first game playthroughs i watched on youtube! (i tried to play the demo but my family computer was a potato and glitched a lot... and i was like 8 or 9 or something and didnt know technology yet...) when i finally got to play it... best feeling ever. sometimes i just go and replay it just for the feeling.

also agree with others on mariokart DS though. that was the first game i got really, REALLY good at. i won a (admittedly very small) local tournament when i was like, 10. against several grown men. glorious. mariokart wii for many of the same reasons--though i play modded mkwii more often now so its less nostalgic.

minecraft again not cause i played it but cause i watched others play it on youtube. watching those old videos makes me really nostalgic. i played the creative mode small demo and loved it though lol.

nintendogs.. no explanation needed... but i tried to play it recently and it wanted me to like YELL the names of the dogs. and while thats cute for an 8 year old. not so much for a 24 year old in an apartment... so ill live with the memories for now!

ni no kuni as well though i was a bit older. amazing game... i need to replay it sometime!i never played the sequel although i do own it on the switch...
ePOliyb.pngHdmxfuE.pngWTRVHVo.png
1vAtYxM.pngsh5xjiu.pngpcUL48u.png
PRICTGJ.pngVDqpTLf.pngmtHAEL4.png
cdqdRxL.png5Tw56Ex.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="Naegikun" date="2024-02-22 07:11:39" ] nintendogs.. no explanation needed... but i tried to play it recently and it wanted me to like YELL the names of the dogs. and while thats cute for an 8 year old. not so much for a 24 year old in an apartment... so ill live with the memories for now! [/quote] I second this statement. I used to play my aunt’s game when I was younger (oh gosh, saying that makes me feel old as an adult now…), and I absolutely loved it. A few years ago, I convinced my mom to buy my sister and I each a version of it off eBay, so we could play it together. I named one of my dogs after a family pet, I had one named Pongo (points if you get the movie and character reference), and I think my third was a police dog from a show we watched. I’ve also played Nintendogs + Cats and love that one, but the original has elements that I wish they’re carried over. Planning your walk routes and the agility competitions, to name a few. Maybe I’ll break it out again later.
Naegikun wrote on 2024-02-22 07:11:39:
I second this statement. I used to play my aunt’s game when I was younger (oh gosh, saying that makes me feel old as an adult now…), and I absolutely loved it. A few years ago, I convinced my mom to buy my sister and I each a version of it off eBay, so we could play it together. I named one of my dogs after a family pet, I had one named Pongo (points if you get the movie and character reference), and I think my third was a police dog from a show we watched. I’ve also played Nintendogs + Cats and love that one, but the original has elements that I wish they’re carried over. Planning your walk routes and the agility competitions, to name a few. Maybe I’ll break it out again later.
allycatcher.pngmlHpBMC.png.t0wRx.gif.mBU64.gif
so with the announcement of a new endless ocean (oh my god? OH MY GOD???) i was flooded with some lovely warm memories, and i highly encourage those who didn’t get to experience these games to look up videos of them to understand WHY this is so wonderful. it’s honest to good one of the most gentle and soothing games i’ve ever played.
so with the announcement of a new endless ocean (oh my god? OH MY GOD???) i was flooded with some lovely warm memories, and i highly encourage those who didn’t get to experience these games to look up videos of them to understand WHY this is so wonderful. it’s honest to good one of the most gentle and soothing games i’ve ever played.
61808682.png 62036853.png
KwxLkEj.pngpZJYyk4.pngkCHWEjf.png
JMBy38q.pngEE2umbT.pngcv7JulL.png
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of T/D/S holds a very special place in my heart. It was my very first Pokémon game, so I am very attached to it. Just hearing the music is enough to move me to tears. I remember the first time I loaded the game. I remember what questions I answered on the quiz. I remember my partner Pokémon sitting on the beach at dusk. I remember facing Primal Dialga over and over again until I finally beat him.

Not to mention, this game is actually solid. The story is probably the best thing Pokémon has ever produced. I still cry over this game.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of T/D/S holds a very special place in my heart. It was my very first Pokémon game, so I am very attached to it. Just hearing the music is enough to move me to tears. I remember the first time I loaded the game. I remember what questions I answered on the quiz. I remember my partner Pokémon sitting on the beach at dusk. I remember facing Primal Dialga over and over again until I finally beat him.

Not to mention, this game is actually solid. The story is probably the best thing Pokémon has ever produced. I still cry over this game.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
Pokemon Emerald for me along with Super Mario Galaxy. Pokemon Emerald was the firs pokemon game i ever owned and played and Super Mario Galaxy was definitely THE game besides The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword that i played a lot of on my Wii. But, i do have a lot of nostalgia for the few games that i did own for the PS2, such as Battle for Bikini Bottom and Neopets: The Darkest Faerie.

I just remembered! PMD: Blue Rescue Team and PMD: Explorers of Time and PMD: Explorers of Sky! the soundtrack for all of them is phenomenal and the story made me cry ugly tears at the end! it was also one of the only games when i was younger that i actually finished as well.
Pokemon Emerald for me along with Super Mario Galaxy. Pokemon Emerald was the firs pokemon game i ever owned and played and Super Mario Galaxy was definitely THE game besides The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword that i played a lot of on my Wii. But, i do have a lot of nostalgia for the few games that i did own for the PS2, such as Battle for Bikini Bottom and Neopets: The Darkest Faerie.

I just remembered! PMD: Blue Rescue Team and PMD: Explorers of Time and PMD: Explorers of Sky! the soundtrack for all of them is phenomenal and the story made me cry ugly tears at the end! it was also one of the only games when i was younger that i actually finished as well.
Pokemon Heartgold and PMD Explorers of Sky BY FAR will always be the most precious games to me, nostalgia-wise and in general honestly.
I spent so much time playing through both of those games, I still have my original save file on Heartgold too, (Even though all of my special pokemon are chilling with me in pokemon Home, so its a bit empty. the 29343920 machops, sentrets, and marils I caught as a kid are all still there though LOL) so I could honestly probably look and see how many hours Ive got on it but.. I'm away from my DS at the moment.

And then of course Explorers of Sky was just. phenominal in everyway possible. Characters, music, storyline... AUGH it makes me so emotional.
Pokemon Heartgold and PMD Explorers of Sky BY FAR will always be the most precious games to me, nostalgia-wise and in general honestly.
I spent so much time playing through both of those games, I still have my original save file on Heartgold too, (Even though all of my special pokemon are chilling with me in pokemon Home, so its a bit empty. the 29343920 machops, sentrets, and marils I caught as a kid are all still there though LOL) so I could honestly probably look and see how many hours Ive got on it but.. I'm away from my DS at the moment.

And then of course Explorers of Sky was just. phenominal in everyway possible. Characters, music, storyline... AUGH it makes me so emotional.
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
pokemon yellow (i find kinda hard to play now) and gen 2
also gen 3 bc playing oras the first time i cried

also mystery dungeon bc i really liked the remakes and the memories of the old games...

okami for sure

monster hunter 3 (ultimate) i want remaster combo of this and 4u or the old monsters brought over to new games
i have like almost 400 hours in 3u alone

tales of the abyss i have over 500 hours loooool i got really invested in the characters

spyro old games and pokemon snap i kept begging my parents for n64 and ps1 (never got but i have snap on wii and the new game and the reignited trilogy and i had the gba games)

sadly a lot of old games i sold bc the old games are more valuable wasnt a thing yet (i ended up getting xenoblade on switch after having really nostalgic cravings though lol)

also interestingly the 3ds camera the music is so nostalgic i took hundreds of pics
pokemon yellow (i find kinda hard to play now) and gen 2
also gen 3 bc playing oras the first time i cried

also mystery dungeon bc i really liked the remakes and the memories of the old games...

okami for sure

monster hunter 3 (ultimate) i want remaster combo of this and 4u or the old monsters brought over to new games
i have like almost 400 hours in 3u alone

tales of the abyss i have over 500 hours loooool i got really invested in the characters

spyro old games and pokemon snap i kept begging my parents for n64 and ps1 (never got but i have snap on wii and the new game and the reignited trilogy and i had the gba games)

sadly a lot of old games i sold bc the old games are more valuable wasnt a thing yet (i ended up getting xenoblade on switch after having really nostalgic cravings though lol)

also interestingly the 3ds camera the music is so nostalgic i took hundreds of pics
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Pokémon Ultra Moon was the first Pokemon game I could truly call my own. I poured hours into that game and made so many memories I will cherish. I ported over all my old Pokemon to HOME just so they would be safe, except for my beloved starter, Archer. He belongs in Alola. I love him so much.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is such a beautiful game. My first playthrough was horrible - I had no idea what I was doing, haha. My next few got better and better and now I play Silver Snow over and over again. (My lair is Rhea-themed for April Fools right now!)

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is one of the best games I’ve ever played. I know it released only last year but I keep playing the end over and over and over again. I will do anything for her. The music is wonderful and I feel I will never truly forget that game.

Last but certainly not least is my beloved Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Special Edition. I poured over a hundred hours in the game by the end. I took a break from it a while ago and came back after I finished ToTK, and oh my Arceus I love it. I grinded in the mines for Adamantine. Then two Soul Gems. Then that fateful day I met the Blue Bird by the sea and finally, finally received my Blue Feather. When my daughter was petrified the amount of sheer terror I felt was insane, despite me having everything I needed to cure her, so I did. One month later I reached the true ending and cried got immensely emotional. I will always hold a special spot in my heart for this game.

Also interestingly, I have never played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky but I definitely react when hearing it. I’ve listened to Don’t Ever Forget (I Don’t Want to Say Goodbye) and it wells up emotion so much, I can barely imagine being a lucky kid playing it in bed at night. Video games truly have the power to create emotions that people may never experience in real life, like love and the pain of losing someone precious.
Pokémon Ultra Moon was the first Pokemon game I could truly call my own. I poured hours into that game and made so many memories I will cherish. I ported over all my old Pokemon to HOME just so they would be safe, except for my beloved starter, Archer. He belongs in Alola. I love him so much.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is such a beautiful game. My first playthrough was horrible - I had no idea what I was doing, haha. My next few got better and better and now I play Silver Snow over and over again. (My lair is Rhea-themed for April Fools right now!)

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is one of the best games I’ve ever played. I know it released only last year but I keep playing the end over and over and over again. I will do anything for her. The music is wonderful and I feel I will never truly forget that game.

Last but certainly not least is my beloved Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Special Edition. I poured over a hundred hours in the game by the end. I took a break from it a while ago and came back after I finished ToTK, and oh my Arceus I love it. I grinded in the mines for Adamantine. Then two Soul Gems. Then that fateful day I met the Blue Bird by the sea and finally, finally received my Blue Feather. When my daughter was petrified the amount of sheer terror I felt was insane, despite me having everything I needed to cure her, so I did. One month later I reached the true ending and cried got immensely emotional. I will always hold a special spot in my heart for this game.

Also interestingly, I have never played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky but I definitely react when hearing it. I’ve listened to Don’t Ever Forget (I Don’t Want to Say Goodbye) and it wells up emotion so much, I can barely imagine being a lucky kid playing it in bed at night. Video games truly have the power to create emotions that people may never experience in real life, like love and the pain of losing someone precious.
v2fvT9R.png
sky: cotl. i played during 2020, Its nostalgia from playing and the friends i made during quarantine
sky: cotl. i played during 2020, Its nostalgia from playing and the friends i made during quarantine
UXZITgr.pnggC4M6ke.pngbYt72YT.pngY3tHz6g.pngmlHpBMC.png5hF3FGk.pngrix3ppo.pngnoHmDvU.png
1 2 3