Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Convert rich ores
1 2
After your gathering reaches a certain level, it becomes much more tedious to gather regular ores as the rich ones drop much more frequently. Maybe we could have an option to convert rich ores into more useful regular ones? Like maybe a swipp trade where you could give him a rich ore and he'd give you 3 regular ones?
After your gathering reaches a certain level, it becomes much more tedious to gather regular ores as the rich ones drop much more frequently. Maybe we could have an option to convert rich ores into more useful regular ones? Like maybe a swipp trade where you could give him a rich ore and he'd give you 3 regular ones?
Lichtdrache.gif
Support. It's really frustrating to get rich iron ores all the time when I need the 'lesser' version for everything.
Support. It's really frustrating to get rich iron ores all the time when I need the 'lesser' version for everything.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
support
if i'm not mistaken, isn't there occasionally trades to make lesser ores into rich ores with swipp?
if so, i feel that those should be moved to baldwin (unless they are already, i'm only lvl 2) and the opposites should be put there too, like you're suggesting :D
support
if i'm not mistaken, isn't there occasionally trades to make lesser ores into rich ores with swipp?
if so, i feel that those should be moved to baldwin (unless they are already, i'm only lvl 2) and the opposites should be put there too, like you're suggesting :D
2484046.png
Support! More experienced players should have less of a disadvantage, not more.
Support! More experienced players should have less of a disadvantage, not more.
[quote name="Aaliyahgemini664" date=2017-11-06 08:22:04] support if i'm not mistaken, isn't there occasionally trades to make lesser ores into rich ores with swipp? [/quote] There's a trade to make iron and copper into silver. But nothing that just gives you a copper/iron Rich Ore. Because right now, Rich Ore are useless.
Aaliyahgemini664 wrote on 2017-11-06:
support

There's a trade to make iron and copper into silver. But nothing that just gives you a copper/iron Rich Ore.

Because right now, Rich Ore are useless.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
It still bugs me that there is no way to change rich ore into the useful form of the ore. It could be a Baldwin thing, as others have suggested, but I'd suggest a Swip Swap or a Sam's Smelting shop in the Grand Exchange. I'm not picky about how you implement it, but it truly causes me cognitive dissonance to have the "rich" ore be useless when the regular ore is always in short supply!
It still bugs me that there is no way to change rich ore into the useful form of the ore. It could be a Baldwin thing, as others have suggested, but I'd suggest a Swip Swap or a Sam's Smelting shop in the Grand Exchange. I'm not picky about how you implement it, but it truly causes me cognitive dissonance to have the "rich" ore be useless when the regular ore is always in short supply!
bUUy115.png PLAY IS SACRED QiZFijL.png

tumblr_d80ca4e90bc366798eb4fe4971e57d86_b60cba99_2048.png
Yes, I support. This only makes sense now that standard ores are needed while the rich ones are fodder.
Yes, I support. This only makes sense now that standard ores are needed while the rich ones are fodder.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Thinking more about this, if there was, say, a Mike's Metallurgy shop, you could switch all of the Swip trades for metals into that shop and maybe even add trading in some of the metal trinkets that drop in Golem's Workshop and places like that, for metal ores or something else useful. Even paying Mike (or Sam or Whoever) a fee would make some of this stuff more useful.

Moving all of the metal trades out of Swip would also make it easier to find the Swip trades you want, since you can only show three of those at any time, and you have added to the pool of trades that might randomly be available at any moment.

Another way to improve play balance might be to simply increase the availability of the ores that are useful when you go digging--you've added uses, like the brew-able festival skins, and so those ores (and even gravel and sand) seem to always be in short supply in recent years.

(Though that wouldn't help the cognitive dissonance from "rich ore" being useless while regular ore is both hard to get and needed for multiple things.)
Thinking more about this, if there was, say, a Mike's Metallurgy shop, you could switch all of the Swip trades for metals into that shop and maybe even add trading in some of the metal trinkets that drop in Golem's Workshop and places like that, for metal ores or something else useful. Even paying Mike (or Sam or Whoever) a fee would make some of this stuff more useful.

Moving all of the metal trades out of Swip would also make it easier to find the Swip trades you want, since you can only show three of those at any time, and you have added to the pool of trades that might randomly be available at any moment.

Another way to improve play balance might be to simply increase the availability of the ores that are useful when you go digging--you've added uses, like the brew-able festival skins, and so those ores (and even gravel and sand) seem to always be in short supply in recent years.

(Though that wouldn't help the cognitive dissonance from "rich ore" being useless while regular ore is both hard to get and needed for multiple things.)
bUUy115.png PLAY IS SACRED QiZFijL.png

tumblr_d80ca4e90bc366798eb4fe4971e57d86_b60cba99_2048.png
Support. Rich ores are useless, whereas the lesser forms are what's used in festival skins
Support. Rich ores are useless, whereas the lesser forms are what's used in festival skins
sBdLZtA.png
yeah support, I'm tired of seeing copper ore for it to just be the rich one
yeah support, I'm tired of seeing copper ore for it to just be the rich one
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist