Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | just discovered aethers have six legs
1 2
[quote name="Senya" date="2024-03-24 20:44:00" ] [quote name="LouckyKoneko" date="2024-03-24 17:48:52" ] with how often this type of thread pops up it's almost like a rite of passage, similar to Tundra Leg or Fae Neck or Bog Crest [/quote] Don't forget M Pearlcatcher Wings! [/quote] this made me look closer at them and... [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=43&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=9&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=20&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=15&auth=4a1c3bb57ef82960f6033df4d3d9a2335d313803&dummyext=prev.png[/img] why is it like that?? why is the back wing much bigger than the front wing????
Senya wrote on 2024-03-24 20:44:00:
LouckyKoneko wrote on 2024-03-24 17:48:52:
with how often this type of thread pops up it's almost like a rite of passage, similar to Tundra Leg or Fae Neck or Bog Crest
Don't forget M Pearlcatcher Wings!
this made me look closer at them and...
dragon?age=1&body=43&bodygene=0&breed=4&element=9&eyetype=10&gender=0&tert=20&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=15&auth=4a1c3bb57ef82960f6033df4d3d9a2335d313803&dummyext=prev.png
why is it like that?? why is the back wing much bigger than the front wing????
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
I forget about them also xD

Also why I like Flutter gene on them as its on their extra legs rather than their forelegs ^^ Makes the extra leggies more obvious

EDIT;

With regards to the Pearlcatcher M wing stuff - its a stylistic choice. I believe I saw something mentioned before that the back wing is meant to represent the true size of the dragons wings, where the front wing has to be able to fit in the 'box' along with the dragons head etc (making the front wing its 'true' size would obsure a lot of the dragon) Its the same across a number of breeds including Wildclaw, Ridgeback & Skydancer :)
I forget about them also xD

Also why I like Flutter gene on them as its on their extra legs rather than their forelegs ^^ Makes the extra leggies more obvious

EDIT;

With regards to the Pearlcatcher M wing stuff - its a stylistic choice. I believe I saw something mentioned before that the back wing is meant to represent the true size of the dragons wings, where the front wing has to be able to fit in the 'box' along with the dragons head etc (making the front wing its 'true' size would obsure a lot of the dragon) Its the same across a number of breeds including Wildclaw, Ridgeback & Skydancer :)
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
[quote name="Senya" date="2024-03-24 20:44:00" ] [quote name="LouckyKoneko" date="2024-03-24 17:48:52" ] with how often this type of thread pops up it's almost like a rite of passage, similar to Tundra Leg or Fae Neck or Bog Crest [/quote] Don't forget M Pearlcatcher Wings! [/quote] oh my ogd the right wing is twice as big as the left one why would they do that........ //edit: [quote name="Mynia" date="2024-03-25 07:10:00" ] With regards to the Pearlcatcher M wing stuff - its a stylistic choice. I believe I saw something mentioned before that the back wing is meant to represent the true size of the dragons wings, where the front wing has to be able to fit in the 'box' along with the dragons head etc (making the front wing its 'true' size would obsure a lot of the dragon) Its the same across a number of breeds including Wildclaw, Ridgeback & Skydancer :) [/quote] makes sense! but it's kinda jarring to look at nonetheless O_0
Senya wrote on 2024-03-24 20:44:00:
LouckyKoneko wrote on 2024-03-24 17:48:52:
with how often this type of thread pops up it's almost like a rite of passage, similar to Tundra Leg or Fae Neck or Bog Crest
Don't forget M Pearlcatcher Wings!
oh my ogd the right wing is twice as big as the left one why would they do that........

//edit:
Mynia wrote on 2024-03-25 07:10:00:

makes sense! but it's kinda jarring to look at nonetheless O_0
4350.png hey there! i would appreciate any sci-fi book recommendations, hit me up if you feel like it! (unrelated to the picture of barry bee benson)
they have extra legs for extra hugs :]
ZcrsSbC.png
Welp, thanks to this thread I now also know Aether have six legs. Huh!
Welp, thanks to this thread I now also know Aether have six legs. Huh!
9o0aDxU.gif
Well, to be fair, they are kind of hidden.
Well, to be fair, they are kind of hidden.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Lol, it took me quite some time to notice that, too! [quote name="colorscapes" date="2024-03-25 07:57:11" ] they have extra legs for extra hugs :] [/quote] I love that theory. It's my FR canon now.
Lol, it took me quite some time to notice that, too!
colorscapes wrote on 2024-03-25 07:57:11:
I love that theory. It's my FR canon now.
Wait what
Wait what
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
I do wish that their extra arms were more visible; with some busier genes especially, they just... disappear into the fluff. Females are pretty hit and miss. I have one that has Jaguar - you can see the hand/paw easy enough but the arm and elbow just sort of meld into the body. On some of the genes that have less/simpler arm markings, the lower arms are easier to see because they have a nice chunky shadow on them that separates them from the arms on top. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84932218][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/849323/84932218_350.png[/img][/url] I think the extra arms are just generally harder to see on the males, though - because [i]fluff[/i]. The forearm fluff actually obscures a lot of the hindarm, regardless of genes used - but you do get a clearer view of the little hands dangling there. This guy has an accent that highlights the divide between the two and I still find it hard to see. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/83153789][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/831538/83153789_350.png[/img][/url]
I do wish that their extra arms were more visible; with some busier genes especially, they just... disappear into the fluff.

Females are pretty hit and miss. I have one that has Jaguar - you can see the hand/paw easy enough but the arm and elbow just sort of meld into the body. On some of the genes that have less/simpler arm markings, the lower arms are easier to see because they have a nice chunky shadow on them that separates them from the arms on top.

84932218_350.png

I think the extra arms are just generally harder to see on the males, though - because fluff. The forearm fluff actually obscures a lot of the hindarm, regardless of genes used - but you do get a clearer view of the little hands dangling there.

This guy has an accent that highlights the divide between the two and I still find it hard to see.

83153789_350.png
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
1 2