Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Kingdomlocke] The Shattered Crown
1 2
[center][img]https://imgur.com/KlGZ3dY.png[/img] [item=Frozen Rock Flow] [i]Your kingdom is rampaged by a giant emperor dragon! Roll a 10 sided dice for every dragon in your kingdom. On a 1, the dragon is exalted / loses a life. Oil: 10 Ilska - 7 Plum - 8 Hatchling Roll - 2 [/i] [b]Day Four[/b] tw: Coming Soon [/center] [size=2] She had only ever heard of an emperor dragon in history books or through accounts of those that had survived. As a child they had terrified her, and as an adult she had only seen the remains of what devastation they could wreak. She had always thought her chances of running into such creatures were more likely during her own travels, possibly because she knew she was never promised survival once her father died. But to be home, on her throne, and have an emperor dragon attack? It felt unheard of, though she knew not impossible. Still, the cards kept stacking against her. The emperor had entered the kingdom from the east in the dead of night, though its movements were felt through the tremors in the ground with every footfall. She had heard of the enormity of emperor dragons, but when she set her eyes on it in the early pre-dawn hours she couldn't believe such a creature could exist. It was chaos the moment it was spotted. The surrounding township was immediately evacuated into the palace's keep and cellars, where it was far safer than being out in the open. The emperor dragon ravaged the land around, tearing at the town and then fully attacking the castle. What little had been mustered in the few days since the beginning of her rule to act as guards fought valiantly, pressing any offensive they could get in while defending its walls. From the air Oil and Ilska fought, despite Oil's protests. They clawed at the emperor's scales, seeking weak spots and demanding all focus on that when they saw an opening. Several heads snapped at them all, and some made their mark on those who fought with them. It was a long, hard battle, one that destroyed buildings and charred hilltops. By the time the emperor fell it was midday, the sun high in the sky so they could see the destruction it had caused. There wasn't much time to applaud the victory, as fires in the town needed to be put out. As damage control was focused on these tasks, the town filtered out of the castle and stared out at the now altered landscape. But more importantly, they stared at Ilska. "My people, you are safe." she called to them as she landed. Her body ached, scratches and gashes littering her scales. "The emperor has been defeated with a combined effort of those who helped fight today. I am sorry to say that not all of them made it, but we will honor them nonetheless. Today, rest and check with your loved ones. Tomorrow, we will rebuild those homes destroyed in this rampage." Silence met her, until they began to speak. "The queen has saved us." one said. "We live today because of our queen." said another. The townspeople began to murmur, speaking to one another in hushed tones that grew and grew. "Long Live the Queen!" someone shouted, and in a shouting cacophony, so did the rest of them. Ilska looked at Oil, who smiled and nodded approvingly. He bowed, and so did the townspeople. Ilska stared out at them, at her subjects, and smiled. [b]Historian's Notes[/b] Today was *dicey* to say the least, but at least no one died. So far. Update: Entry complete! Ilska is lucky this emperor attack went as good as it did, otherwise she could've been struggling to maintain her rule *and* lost someone dear. Thankfully things turned out well, while her kingdom is still young. Then again, there's quite some time for things to go south! [center][img]https://imgur.com/KlGZ3dY.png[/img]
KlGZ3dY.png
Frozen Rock Flow
Your kingdom is rampaged by a giant emperor dragon! Roll a 10 sided dice for every dragon in your kingdom. On a 1, the dragon is exalted / loses a life.

Oil: 10
Ilska - 7
Plum - 8

Hatchling Roll - 2

Day Four
tw: Coming Soon

She had only ever heard of an emperor dragon in history books or through accounts of those that had survived. As a child they had terrified her, and as an adult she had only seen the remains of what devastation they could wreak. She had always thought her chances of running into such creatures were more likely during her own travels, possibly because she knew she was never promised survival once her father died.

But to be home, on her throne, and have an emperor dragon attack? It felt unheard of, though she knew not impossible. Still, the cards kept stacking against her.

The emperor had entered the kingdom from the east in the dead of night, though its movements were felt through the tremors in the ground with every footfall. She had heard of the enormity of emperor dragons, but when she set her eyes on it in the early pre-dawn hours she couldn't believe such a creature could exist.

It was chaos the moment it was spotted.

The surrounding township was immediately evacuated into the palace's keep and cellars, where it was far safer than being out in the open. The emperor dragon ravaged the land around, tearing at the town and then fully attacking the castle. What little had been mustered in the few days since the beginning of her rule to act as guards fought valiantly, pressing any offensive they could get in while defending its walls. From the air Oil and Ilska fought, despite Oil's protests. They clawed at the emperor's scales, seeking weak spots and demanding all focus on that when they saw an opening.

Several heads snapped at them all, and some made their mark on those who fought with them. It was a long, hard battle, one that destroyed buildings and charred hilltops. By the time the emperor fell it was midday, the sun high in the sky so they could see the destruction it had caused.

There wasn't much time to applaud the victory, as fires in the town needed to be put out. As damage control was focused on these tasks, the town filtered out of the castle and stared out at the now altered landscape. But more importantly, they stared at Ilska.

"My people, you are safe." she called to them as she landed. Her body ached, scratches and gashes littering her scales. "The emperor has been defeated with a combined effort of those who helped fight today. I am sorry to say that not all of them made it, but we will honor them nonetheless. Today, rest and check with your loved ones. Tomorrow, we will rebuild those homes destroyed in this rampage." Silence met her, until they began to speak.

"The queen has saved us." one said.

"We live today because of our queen." said another. The townspeople began to murmur, speaking to one another in hushed tones that grew and grew.

"Long Live the Queen!" someone shouted, and in a shouting cacophony, so did the rest of them. Ilska looked at Oil, who smiled and nodded approvingly. He bowed, and so did the townspeople. Ilska stared out at them, at her subjects, and smiled.

Historian's Notes
Today was *dicey* to say the least, but at least no one died. So far.

Update: Entry complete! Ilska is lucky this emperor attack went as good as it did, otherwise she could've been struggling to maintain her rule *and* lost someone dear.

Thankfully things turned out well, while her kingdom is still young. Then again, there's quite some time for things to go south!

KlGZ3dY.png
DqteUPx.png
GOfNO1W.png
RmtNCYn.png
[center][img]https://imgur.com/KlGZ3dY.png[/img] [item=Half Moon Spectacles] [i]Some random dragon is hanging around the kingdom. Who is this guy???? Grab the cheapest adult level 1 dragon off the AH. They join your kingdom. Hatchling Roll - 4 [/i] [b]Day Five[/b] tw: mentions of the emperor attack [/center] [size=2] "There is someone in the kitchen," Oil whispered quietly to Ilska when he approached her. She stared at him, her eyes finding his face had been pulled into one of seriousness. "We are alone here, Ilska. The staff was sent to recover from yesterday's attack." The brevity hit her and she stood quickly. The two moved quickly and silently toward the kitchens, bodies tense. Yesterday's attack had left everyone shaken - including Ilska - and the idea of something new, or possibly some assassin come to kill her had her scales standing on end. The two reached the door to the kitchen and paused, listening quietly. From inside it sounded silent, till something clinked together and they heard the hushed swear of another inside. The two locked eyes, then nodded as they slammed the door open. "Gods abov-" a dragon howled at the sudden entry of Ilska and Oil, tossing the bowl she had been holding in her shock. "Who are you?" Oil shouted, closing the gap between them. "And why are you sneaking about in the royal kitchens?" "Well obviously I'm hungry," she snapped, sizing him up then turning to see Ilska. "Oh, oh I- your majesty?" she offered a half bow, nervousness plastered all over her face. "Answer his questions." Ilska demanded. "Yes- right, well," she cleared her throat. "My name is Ellar. I live in the village. All my life, actually. And well, when we came into the castle yesterday to avoid the attack I was very grateful, so thank you for that." she laughed nervously, then quickly returned to her answer. "And after the emperor was slain I realized how hungry I was so I... snuck around the castle till I found the kitchen?" "And you expect us to believe this story?" Ilksa asked. "It's awfully convenient." "I could go to the village, ask them to corroborate her claims of having grown up there." Oil offered. Ellar was nodding quickly, then stopped when she saw Ilska's eyes on her. Ilska eyed her warily, then turned to Oil. "Fine, be quick." He nodded and moved past her, leaving the two alone. After a moment Ellar spoke. "I mean, he doesn't seem to nervous, right?" she suggested. "And why do you say that?" Ilska asked. "Well if he thought I was a threat he wouldn't have left you alone with me," she said it hopefully, then seemed to realize how it sounded and her face paled. Ilska couldn't help the smirk that rose to her lips. "Or," she said, taking a step into the kitchen more. "He knows I am far more dangerous than you, and can handle my own." Ellar paled further. Silence fell over them. "So... can I still eat this?" Ellar finally spoke, holding up an apple. Ilska balked at her, then snorted out a chuckle. "If that's what you wish your last meal to be." she shrugged. Ellar thought about it, staring at the apple, then took a bite. Oil returned not too long after, bringing with him a dragon from the town. She took one look at Ellar and groaned. "You silly child!" She shouted. "Your mother would roll in her grave if she saw you had taken food from the queen!" then she turned to Ilska and bowed deeply. "please forgive me niece, your majesty. I understand she has made a grave error and must be punished, but I ask for mercy on her behalf." she looked over at Ellar and gave her a glare that had the other dragon dropping her apple and bowing as well. "You are correct that she has made a grave error," Ilska replied, watching the two tense. Oil cocked a brow at her, to which she smirked in reply. "Her punishment is to serve in the castle." "No please I promise it was an accid- wait what?" Ellar jerked up, only to be yanked back down by her aunt. "Your majesty is most gracious, Ellar will do as you wish." she said. "Very well. Go home the two of you. Ellar please make sure you are here at first light." The two bowed again then scampered off, Ellar gawking at the queen as she left. Once they were out of the castle, Oil turned to her. "I can't believe you hired her," he chuckled. "Now now, Lord Oil. She stole from the queen, she must work off her debt." Ilska chirped in reply. His grin grew wider. "She is not a bad child, young and foolish, but she has promise." "Let us hope she can survive this world, then." Oil hummed, then ventured off to pick up their messy kitchen. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93679899][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/936799/93679899_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Historian Notes[/b] Glad to have all these dragons survive *and* get another one into the mix! Ilska and Oil's nest also hatches tomorrow, so we'll have to see how that goes with dice rolls [emoji=coatl deadpan size=1] I want to write up these entries a lot more nicer, make them look good and have dialogue between the dragons etc but it'll hae to wait for a little while. Other things going on! Anyways, there's Thursday. Today's (Friday) will be later. [center][img]https://imgur.com/KlGZ3dY.png[/img]
KlGZ3dY.png

Some random dragon is hanging around the kingdom. Who is this guy???? Grab the cheapest adult level 1 dragon off the AH. They join your kingdom.

Hatchling Roll - 4

Day Five
tw: mentions of the emperor attack

"There is someone in the kitchen," Oil whispered quietly to Ilska when he approached her. She stared at him, her eyes finding his face had been pulled into one of seriousness. "We are alone here, Ilska. The staff was sent to recover from yesterday's attack." The brevity hit her and she stood quickly. The two moved quickly and silently toward the kitchens, bodies tense. Yesterday's attack had left everyone shaken - including Ilska - and the idea of something new, or possibly some assassin come to kill her had her scales standing on end.

The two reached the door to the kitchen and paused, listening quietly. From inside it sounded silent, till something clinked together and they heard the hushed swear of another inside. The two locked eyes, then nodded as they slammed the door open.

"Gods abov-" a dragon howled at the sudden entry of Ilska and Oil, tossing the bowl she had been holding in her shock.

"Who are you?" Oil shouted, closing the gap between them. "And why are you sneaking about in the royal kitchens?"

"Well obviously I'm hungry," she snapped, sizing him up then turning to see Ilska. "Oh, oh I- your majesty?" she offered a half bow, nervousness plastered all over her face.

"Answer his questions." Ilska demanded.

"Yes- right, well," she cleared her throat. "My name is Ellar. I live in the village. All my life, actually. And well, when we came into the castle yesterday to avoid the attack I was very grateful, so thank you for that." she laughed nervously, then quickly returned to her answer. "And after the emperor was slain I realized how hungry I was so I... snuck around the castle till I found the kitchen?"

"And you expect us to believe this story?" Ilksa asked. "It's awfully convenient."

"I could go to the village, ask them to corroborate her claims of having grown up there." Oil offered. Ellar was nodding quickly, then stopped when she saw Ilska's eyes on her. Ilska eyed her warily, then turned to Oil.

"Fine, be quick." He nodded and moved past her, leaving the two alone. After a moment Ellar spoke.

"I mean, he doesn't seem to nervous, right?" she suggested.

"And why do you say that?" Ilska asked.

"Well if he thought I was a threat he wouldn't have left you alone with me," she said it hopefully, then seemed to realize how it sounded and her face paled. Ilska couldn't help the smirk that rose to her lips.

"Or," she said, taking a step into the kitchen more. "He knows I am far more dangerous than you, and can handle my own." Ellar paled further. Silence fell over them.

"So... can I still eat this?" Ellar finally spoke, holding up an apple. Ilska balked at her, then snorted out a chuckle.

"If that's what you wish your last meal to be." she shrugged. Ellar thought about it, staring at the apple, then took a bite.

Oil returned not too long after, bringing with him a dragon from the town. She took one look at Ellar and groaned.

"You silly child!" She shouted. "Your mother would roll in her grave if she saw you had taken food from the queen!" then she turned to Ilska and bowed deeply. "please forgive me niece, your majesty. I understand she has made a grave error and must be punished, but I ask for mercy on her behalf." she looked over at Ellar and gave her a glare that had the other dragon dropping her apple and bowing as well.

"You are correct that she has made a grave error," Ilska replied, watching the two tense. Oil cocked a brow at her, to which she smirked in reply. "Her punishment is to serve in the castle."

"No please I promise it was an accid- wait what?" Ellar jerked up, only to be yanked back down by her aunt.

"Your majesty is most gracious, Ellar will do as you wish." she said.

"Very well. Go home the two of you. Ellar please make sure you are here at first light." The two bowed again then scampered off, Ellar gawking at the queen as she left. Once they were out of the castle, Oil turned to her.

"I can't believe you hired her," he chuckled.

"Now now, Lord Oil. She stole from the queen, she must work off her debt." Ilska chirped in reply. His grin grew wider. "She is not a bad child, young and foolish, but she has promise."

"Let us hope she can survive this world, then." Oil hummed, then ventured off to pick up their messy kitchen.

93679899_350.png

Historian Notes
Glad to have all these dragons survive *and* get another one into the mix! Ilska and Oil's nest also hatches tomorrow, so we'll have to see how that goes with dice rolls

I want to write up these entries a lot more nicer, make them look good and have dialogue between the dragons etc but it'll hae to wait for a little while. Other things going on!

Anyways, there's Thursday. Today's (Friday) will be later.

KlGZ3dY.png
DqteUPx.png
GOfNO1W.png
RmtNCYn.png
[center][img]https://imgur.com/KlGZ3dY.png[/img] [item=Pineapple Shimmers] [i]30-40 matches in the Coliseum [/i] [b]Day Six[/b] tw: none yet[/center] [size=2] • This day isn't fully complete - I'm on 10 rounds in the coli so someone could end up not making it. • Plum made it to adulthood, yay! • Update on this day will come soon! [b]Historian's notes[/b] I've updated the entries for [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3322910/1#post_56425091]Day Three[/url], [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3322910/2#post_56425136]Day Four[/url], and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3322910/2#post_56430613]Day Five[/url], so that's all caught up. I owe an update for Friday's (above), and today's, which I'll post soon. Fingers crossed no one dies in the coli once I finish the next 20 rounds. Once I finish that I'll know how today's entry will go. That's all for now! [center][img]https://imgur.com/KlGZ3dY.png[/img]
KlGZ3dY.png

30-40 matches in the Coliseum

Day Six
tw: none yet

• This day isn't fully complete - I'm on 10 rounds in the coli so someone could end up not making it.
• Plum made it to adulthood, yay!
• Update on this day will come soon!

Historian's notes
I've updated the entries for Day Three, Day Four, and Day Five, so that's all caught up. I owe an update for Friday's (above), and today's, which I'll post soon.

Fingers crossed no one dies in the coli once I finish the next 20 rounds. Once I finish that I'll know how today's entry will go.

That's all for now!

KlGZ3dY.png
DqteUPx.png
GOfNO1W.png
RmtNCYn.png
1 2