Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Yearly Dream dragon giveaway?
1 2
I am really surprised they don't do an official "dream dragon" giveaway. Having been around since the start, I'd think once a year for the sites anniversary would be a great way to celebrate, and give back to the community for sticking around and celebrating too. Note- I'm thinking it'd be one dragon, not multi like Roundsey.

The infrequency of it would hopefully discourage bots/dupes, or if bots come outta the woodwork, hopefully it works like bait and they just knock em off the platform.

Obviously a decision would need to be made in advance regarding imperials,and assume they'd go off whatever rules they have in place for Roundsey but maybe with it being a once a year thing they might allow it? I'd be fine with that. It's been years since the KS.I think adding one dragon a year won't degrade your priceless imperial G1, and it'd be nice to see some rewarded to newer, active accounts. But I digress.

I do like Roundsey but if you could just get a dragon you fully design and not have to do some crazy scatter/breeding project, would definitely be a fun surprise!

Sorry for any weird spacing. My phone is being weird.

Omg I typed so much more than this but the freaking ad refresh ate my post LOL I HATE MOBILE uhh
Basically I hate bringing up imps but it has to be brought up cause I know yall will say something. Be nice to me. I just think a site-run dream dragon giveaway is long overdue to the community.
I am really surprised they don't do an official "dream dragon" giveaway. Having been around since the start, I'd think once a year for the sites anniversary would be a great way to celebrate, and give back to the community for sticking around and celebrating too. Note- I'm thinking it'd be one dragon, not multi like Roundsey.

The infrequency of it would hopefully discourage bots/dupes, or if bots come outta the woodwork, hopefully it works like bait and they just knock em off the platform.

Obviously a decision would need to be made in advance regarding imperials,and assume they'd go off whatever rules they have in place for Roundsey but maybe with it being a once a year thing they might allow it? I'd be fine with that. It's been years since the KS.I think adding one dragon a year won't degrade your priceless imperial G1, and it'd be nice to see some rewarded to newer, active accounts. But I digress.

I do like Roundsey but if you could just get a dragon you fully design and not have to do some crazy scatter/breeding project, would definitely be a fun surprise!

Sorry for any weird spacing. My phone is being weird.

Omg I typed so much more than this but the freaking ad refresh ate my post LOL I HATE MOBILE uhh
Basically I hate bringing up imps but it has to be brought up cause I know yall will say something. Be nice to me. I just think a site-run dream dragon giveaway is long overdue to the community.
1aEvf03.png
Support
I like the idea of winning a "dragon blueprint" of sorts, and I think it would be a nice way to make the anniversary a little more hyped.
It could be a raffle like roundsy exept
1. Free
2. Limited tickets or just one per person
Also I don't think Imps should be added to the list tbh. thats a pretty niche community afaik, and an XXX primal eyed g1 imperial etc etc could bring upon Issues.
Support
I like the idea of winning a "dragon blueprint" of sorts, and I think it would be a nice way to make the anniversary a little more hyped.
It could be a raffle like roundsy exept
1. Free
2. Limited tickets or just one per person
Also I don't think Imps should be added to the list tbh. thats a pretty niche community afaik, and an XXX primal eyed g1 imperial etc etc could bring upon Issues.
She/They and a Biromantic mess.
Ah yeah I suppose a xxx g1primal imp would be a little crazy, and feels more like trying to get a quick buck than a legitimate dream dragon (at surface level anyway).

That's not to say all xxx g1 requests are illegitimate, but that specific case would need to be looked into. Even if not an imp, the accounts requesting would need looked at across the board for fishy requests, so I'm sure they'd set up a system for it regardless of whether imps are involved or not.

When other pet sites did their dream giveaway it was one entry per person, so assume the same here. Helps limit entries to sort through too.

I assume you could just save a scry and link them to it. Easy peasy. And once you enter, you're locked in. No edits.
Ah yeah I suppose a xxx g1primal imp would be a little crazy, and feels more like trying to get a quick buck than a legitimate dream dragon (at surface level anyway).

That's not to say all xxx g1 requests are illegitimate, but that specific case would need to be looked into. Even if not an imp, the accounts requesting would need looked at across the board for fishy requests, so I'm sure they'd set up a system for it regardless of whether imps are involved or not.

When other pet sites did their dream giveaway it was one entry per person, so assume the same here. Helps limit entries to sort through too.

I assume you could just save a scry and link them to it. Easy peasy. And once you enter, you're locked in. No edits.
1aEvf03.png
If only one person gets it - literally what's the point? I, a random player, will never get it, so there's no point on planning to get it, so everyone will just be either neutral (realized the odds and didn't engage with it) or disappointed (engaged and didn't get it). A feature, especially labelled as "dream dragon giveaway", should improve the gameplay for most of the players, and this improves the gameplay of literally only one player per year.

No support.

If only one person gets it - literally what's the point? I, a random player, will never get it, so there's no point on planning to get it, so everyone will just be either neutral (realized the odds and didn't engage with it) or disappointed (engaged and didn't get it). A feature, especially labelled as "dream dragon giveaway", should improve the gameplay for most of the players, and this improves the gameplay of literally only one player per year.

No support.

JQQ3Fjt.png
Omg it ate my response agin. Mobile is the literal worst. I'll repo d when I'm off work :')

It's butchering my typing too omg help meee

TLDR - I don't think giveaway has to be the ONLY option here I just think it's the most straightforward (contests or in flight referral maybe options too?), doesn't affect the grindy parts of the site mechanics and is a passive option with free entry unlike Roundsey.
I did try to look at all aspects of the site beforehand and don't think it's really a detriment to the site, encourages engagement and should be good for sites longevity as it builds hype when it rolls around again. The point is to give older players or those with full lairs a chance at a dream dragon when they may otherwise lack the space and resources for an insane breeding project but doesn't make those parts of the site irrelevant to other users because it's a once a year thing.

Okay I think I got most of it rewritten sorta sorry for mobile typos. :')
Omg it ate my response agin. Mobile is the literal worst. I'll repo d when I'm off work :')

It's butchering my typing too omg help meee

TLDR - I don't think giveaway has to be the ONLY option here I just think it's the most straightforward (contests or in flight referral maybe options too?), doesn't affect the grindy parts of the site mechanics and is a passive option with free entry unlike Roundsey.
I did try to look at all aspects of the site beforehand and don't think it's really a detriment to the site, encourages engagement and should be good for sites longevity as it builds hype when it rolls around again. The point is to give older players or those with full lairs a chance at a dream dragon when they may otherwise lack the space and resources for an insane breeding project but doesn't make those parts of the site irrelevant to other users because it's a once a year thing.

Okay I think I got most of it rewritten sorta sorry for mobile typos. :')
1aEvf03.png
Sounds like an opportunity to make bank and honestly I would support it purely for the drama.

Imagine some newbie getting a custom derg and then abandoning the site after a week? People would be sooo mad lol
Sounds like an opportunity to make bank and honestly I would support it purely for the drama.

Imagine some newbie getting a custom derg and then abandoning the site after a week? People would be sooo mad lol
A fake clickbait from Flight Rising's 2016 April Fool's event.  This image changes on refresh.
If they did any sort of dragon giveaways I would rather see them treated like progens-- untradeable. I can see a lot of abuse and drama occurring with sales, trading, pooling for a win amongst a group, etc.
If they did any sort of dragon giveaways I would rather see them treated like progens-- untradeable. I can see a lot of abuse and drama occurring with sales, trading, pooling for a win amongst a group, etc.
21402.png
I agree with above. I'm inclined to No Support due to how limited and how OP it is, but if this were a thing, the dream dragon would have to be account locked.
I agree with above. I'm inclined to No Support due to how limited and how OP it is, but if this were a thing, the dream dragon would have to be account locked.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
slap a 'this counts as a progenitor and cannot leave your account' on it and i'm in, tbh. that way it ONLY benefits people who want the dragon to fulfill a personal dream (which is what i am interpreting as the spirit of the feature?) and not someone who just wants to flip a G1 triple to pay for stuff that already exists.

people who want to roll for resellables already have roundsey anyway.
slap a 'this counts as a progenitor and cannot leave your account' on it and i'm in, tbh. that way it ONLY benefits people who want the dragon to fulfill a personal dream (which is what i am interpreting as the spirit of the feature?) and not someone who just wants to flip a G1 triple to pay for stuff that already exists.

people who want to roll for resellables already have roundsey anyway.
Honestly, as long as they slap the same restriction as a progen on these dragons (no trading allowed) and maybe bar Imps from being a choice, I think this could work in theory!
Honestly, as long as they slap the same restriction as a progen on these dragons (no trading allowed) and maybe bar Imps from being a choice, I think this could work in theory!
1 2