Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions about your Flight choices!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything? :

I picked wind mostly because of the theming of it which I thought was cool! and I don't think I knew about the other differences like eye color at the time haha

2) If you were to move flights, which flights you'd consider and why?

hm... I would like the eye colors for some flights like fire/plague/shadow although I don't really like the lore for plague or shadow so maybe fire if I were to switch.. arcane theming is fun too...

3) Is there a flight you'd likely never move to, why?

hm, I don't think I'm specifically against any flight in particular, probably not plague for the theming although the eye colors are good.....
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything? :

I picked wind mostly because of the theming of it which I thought was cool! and I don't think I knew about the other differences like eye color at the time haha

hm... I would like the eye colors for some flights like fire/plague/shadow although I don't really like the lore for plague or shadow so maybe fire if I were to switch.. arcane theming is fun too...

hm, I don't think I'm specifically against any flight in particular, probably not plague for the theming although the eye colors are good.....
MyFQi8g.png
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything?:

Pink.
No, I started in Earth.
Pink.

Light. Cool aesthetic, nice color.

Plague. Icky sticky.
Lightning. Eh on the lore and location designs.
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything?:

Pink.
No, I started in Earth.
Pink.

Light. Cool aesthetic, nice color.

Plague. Icky sticky.
Lightning. Eh on the lore and location designs.
Die of Bargaining julien
. they/them
. sapphic
. witch
. avatar

Shadow was easy for me, its the one ive started the game with and i dont plan on changing it. I really like purple and im not super into lore/dom/etc so it fits nicely

If i had to move, maybe arcane ice or water? once again based on eyes.

Earth 100%. I just hate brown, i couldn't handle all of my hatchlings' eyes being that color, esp since some of my favorite breeds are the wide-eyed ones like spirals.

Shadow was easy for me, its the one ive started the game with and i dont plan on changing it. I really like purple and im not super into lore/dom/etc so it fits nicely

If i had to move, maybe arcane ice or water? once again based on eyes.

Earth 100%. I just hate brown, i couldn't handle all of my hatchlings' eyes being that color, esp since some of my favorite breeds are the wide-eyed ones like spirals.
Newt - Any prns - minor - Audhd - FR time + 2
Commissions
Hatchery
Wishlist

I love the lore and the aesthetic of Plague, although at first I went with Ice. I've always liked ice as an element but after a week in FR I just found Plague more suitable for me, and even tho I love the people in Ice (they are so nice!) people in my current flight are amazing as well and I feel like we're family.

The eyes of Plague are amazing too! I'm into all these gore, also Plague is perfect for my own lore and they were ruling the dominance for a long time (and we will again, that's for sure)

Well, of course Ice, maybe Light because it was my third choice when joining FR. I love love love the lore and also the Light's eyes are amazing! Most of my fav dragons have Light's eyes, there is just something special about them.

Maybe, if I ever move again, I'll go to Light, but currently I'm happy where I am.

Nature or Wind, the aesthetic is just... not really fitting me. I love the eyes, but I don't find the lore interesting and my own ideas are not connected with those flights at all, I don't know if I could ever go there.
And also once again, I'm really happy where I am!

I love the lore and the aesthetic of Plague, although at first I went with Ice. I've always liked ice as an element but after a week in FR I just found Plague more suitable for me, and even tho I love the people in Ice (they are so nice!) people in my current flight are amazing as well and I feel like we're family.

The eyes of Plague are amazing too! I'm into all these gore, also Plague is perfect for my own lore and they were ruling the dominance for a long time (and we will again, that's for sure)

Well, of course Ice, maybe Light because it was my third choice when joining FR. I love love love the lore and also the Light's eyes are amazing! Most of my fav dragons have Light's eyes, there is just something special about them.

Maybe, if I ever move again, I'll go to Light, but currently I'm happy where I am.

Nature or Wind, the aesthetic is just... not really fitting me. I love the eyes, but I don't find the lore interesting and my own ideas are not connected with those flights at all, I don't know if I could ever go there.
And also once again, I'm really happy where I am!
Selenite ENFJ 6w7 631 so/sx any pronouns

Nature was an easy first choice for me! I’ve always loved nature and plants and so when I saw that was an option it was an immediate click.

I’ve thought about switching a few times and it’s always been to arcane flight. I love the aesthetic and the lore. I’ve also always had an interest in magic so it seems like a flight I would enjoy. But I’ve always been afraid I would miss nature too much

Probably plague, it’s just not really my vibe and kind of the opposite of my first pick which was nature haha

Nature was an easy first choice for me! I’ve always loved nature and plants and so when I saw that was an option it was an immediate click.

I’ve thought about switching a few times and it’s always been to arcane flight. I love the aesthetic and the lore. I’ve also always had an interest in magic so it seems like a flight I would enjoy. But I’ve always been afraid I would miss nature too much

Probably plague, it’s just not really my vibe and kind of the opposite of my first pick which was nature haha

I read Dune and thought Arrakis looked cool, and Lightning is too blue to be Arrakis, so Earth it is! I also like the dominance, the eye colors, and the small community size. I didn't start here, but I'm much happier with Earth than with Arcane.

Water! I love ocean life and I like the idea of an underwater ocean base, or a port city. I headcanon my clan as bordering the ocean anyways.

Shadow and Light. Don't jive with the aesthetics.

I read Dune and thought Arrakis looked cool, and Lightning is too blue to be Arrakis, so Earth it is! I also like the dominance, the eye colors, and the small community size. I didn't start here, but I'm much happier with Earth than with Arcane.

Water! I love ocean life and I like the idea of an underwater ocean base, or a port city. I headcanon my clan as bordering the ocean anyways.

Shadow and Light. Don't jive with the aesthetics.
517049zmdkjrcqj5.gif
We chillin'
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything?
I joined back in 2014 and immediately chose water- I've never looked back! The mystical oracle lore + my own love of the ocean made it a perfect fit. I like being part of a smaller flight, and I enjoy our deity mystery...

I don't think I'll ever move, but I do have a fondness for Ice and Wind. Ice for their collector vibes, Wind for the carefree nature. If I had to pick a new flight I'd go Ice, for nice neutral eyes & a water-adjacent aesthetic.

Lightning- my clan/lore doesn't use technology. Light/Shadow/Arcane are all too magic/abstract for me. In real life I lean plague- taxidermy & vulture culture- but the eyes don't spark enough joy for me.
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything?
I joined back in 2014 and immediately chose water- I've never looked back! The mystical oracle lore + my own love of the ocean made it a perfect fit. I like being part of a smaller flight, and I enjoy our deity mystery...

I don't think I'll ever move, but I do have a fondness for Ice and Wind. Ice for their collector vibes, Wind for the carefree nature. If I had to pick a new flight I'd go Ice, for nice neutral eyes & a water-adjacent aesthetic.

Lightning- my clan/lore doesn't use technology. Light/Shadow/Arcane are all too magic/abstract for me. In real life I lean plague- taxidermy & vulture culture- but the eyes don't spark enough joy for me.
z2Icd4f.png
x
Echo
(they/she/fae)
+0 fr time
6c0jmrg.png
x
lorekeeper
color wheel obelisks
stock the pond
[b]1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything? :[/b] The process went something like this: - Elemental power: surely they have either a lightning or a light element. Oh they have both? I actually have to make a decision? - Eye color: clearly my goal is to breed teal-and-yellow dragons, so I'd like yellow or cyan eyes, and surely lightning will have one of those and light will have white. Oh light is yellow and lightning is cyan? That does not help at all. - Lore: too intimidating to read help!! Get me out of here!! - Environment: SAND [emoji=sandsurge star size=1] [b]2) If you were to move flights, which flights you'd consider and why?[/b] See above...most flights I'd be okay with if flight was randomly assigned, though. [b]3) Is there a flight you'd likely never move to, why?[/b] I don't think I'd want to have the Plague location image at the top of my screen all the time...Arcane and Shadow eyes tend to look pretty bad and obvious on the dragons I like. Arcane would absolutely have been in the running if not for the eyes. Pink and purple are great, but time and place.

The process went something like this:
- Elemental power: surely they have either a lightning or a light element. Oh they have both? I actually have to make a decision?
- Eye color: clearly my goal is to breed teal-and-yellow dragons, so I'd like yellow or cyan eyes, and surely lightning will have one of those and light will have white. Oh light is yellow and lightning is cyan? That does not help at all.
- Lore: too intimidating to read help!! Get me out of here!!
- Environment: SAND

See above...most flights I'd be okay with if flight was randomly assigned, though.

I don't think I'd want to have the Plague location image at the top of my screen all the time...Arcane and Shadow eyes tend to look pretty bad and obvious on the dragons I like. Arcane would absolutely have been in the running if not for the eyes. Pink and purple are great, but time and place.
they/them

I chose Plague for the eye color and lore! Ever since I started reading Bounty of the Elements, I got super invested in the Seedscar and decided, you know what? I want my lore to center this!

To be honest, when I first joined, Plague was my least favorite flight because I found the aesthetics to be too icky for my tastes. I picked Wind because I enjoyed the Windsinger's design the most. I don't regret moving flights, but I enjoyed my time in Wind. :-D

I would move to Water because of dominance and also the primal eyes. Light and Earth are close seconds, though.

Nature. I don't like the eye color, unfortunately. I have a difficult time making it work. Also, I don't find the aesthetics as interesting as the other flights.

I chose Plague for the eye color and lore! Ever since I started reading Bounty of the Elements, I got super invested in the Seedscar and decided, you know what? I want my lore to center this!

To be honest, when I first joined, Plague was my least favorite flight because I found the aesthetics to be too icky for my tastes. I picked Wind because I enjoyed the Windsinger's design the most. I don't regret moving flights, but I enjoyed my time in Wind. :-D

I would move to Water because of dominance and also the primal eyes. Light and Earth are close seconds, though.

Nature. I don't like the eye color, unfortunately. I have a difficult time making it work. Also, I don't find the aesthetics as interesting as the other flights.
74580052.png
84589772.png
MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
93641105.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7