Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions about your Flight choices!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything?

A friend introduced the game to me, briefly describing all the flights, races, and some lore. And we both came to the conclusion that Shadow would be perfect for me. I love the aesthetics of the circus, the fluorescent mushrooms, the area of the map that belongs to my flight. And my favorite color is purple, so :D I'm a very new player, but for now I feel that this is it and it will probably stay that way.

2) If you were to move flights, which flights you'd consider and why?

Probably Water, Plague or Arcane. I love water (even though I can't swim), and I also like the aesthetics of these two flights. And those eyes! But I'm just getting to know the lore more deeply, so this may change.

3) Is there a flight you'd likely never move to, why?

Probably Wind or Earth. This is completely not my style, the banners are not "mine" either. I don't feel this aesthetic, vibe. Although some of them have really nice eyes!
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything?

A friend introduced the game to me, briefly describing all the flights, races, and some lore. And we both came to the conclusion that Shadow would be perfect for me. I love the aesthetics of the circus, the fluorescent mushrooms, the area of the map that belongs to my flight. And my favorite color is purple, so :D I'm a very new player, but for now I feel that this is it and it will probably stay that way.

Probably Water, Plague or Arcane. I love water (even though I can't swim), and I also like the aesthetics of these two flights. And those eyes! But I'm just getting to know the lore more deeply, so this may change.

Probably Wind or Earth. This is completely not my style, the banners are not "mine" either. I don't feel this aesthetic, vibe. Although some of them have really nice eyes!
seth . any pronouns . infp so468
I went with light at first and stayed there because I'm a classical history buff and light's whole aesthetic/goal fits very well with me irl. The eyes aren't bad either! But I just like ancient ruins and sparkly things.

Earth and wind seem chill. Light is my forever flight, but I would consider them for the Aesthetics TM.

I almost joined plague because my online sona wears a plague doctor mask, but the aesthetic isn't my favorite. Water is nice, but it isn't my vibe.
I went with light at first and stayed there because I'm a classical history buff and light's whole aesthetic/goal fits very well with me irl. The eyes aren't bad either! But I just like ancient ruins and sparkly things.

Earth and wind seem chill. Light is my forever flight, but I would consider them for the Aesthetics TM.

I almost joined plague because my online sona wears a plague doctor mask, but the aesthetic isn't my favorite. Water is nice, but it isn't my vibe.
MUYNhfy.png
tn0RSo5.png
pZJYyk4.png
Lshkoju.png
gziv3Ja.png
optH9Kd.png
old-oaks-2.png
alilat-flipped-sig.png

hephaestus-sig.png

... I'm not gonna lie. I was a Warrior Cat kid, and WindClan was always my favorite. That was a major reason. But!! Wind Flight as a whole also greatly appealed to me. I love the environment of the Windswept Plateau, our exalt pillar is beautiful and one of my favorites hands down, the general vibe of being carefree and creative is something I love dearly, and the players of Wind Flight are so kind and welcoming. The eyes are a bonus; I know not everyone is fond of the bright green Wind eyes, but I sincerely love them.

I've always been in Wind and have zero regrets. There may be a time in the future when I'm a bit richer and can afford to vacation through flights. but Wind will always be my home.

Ice would be my first choice, followed by Light. Their involvement in Dom is a huge draw, and I like the general aesthetics of both. There's something very appealing about the chill and solitude of Ice, as well as the angelic vibe of Light.

Arcane. I have a distaste for Arcane eyes (and the colors of Arcane in general), the magenta just isn't really appealing to me. I really like the scholarly vibe of the Starfall Isles, but everything being magenta is just... off putting, for me.

Shadow would be the other one. Too many players and I'm just not interested in the purple eyes or the "murky trickster" aesthetic they have going on.

... I'm not gonna lie. I was a Warrior Cat kid, and WindClan was always my favorite. That was a major reason. But!! Wind Flight as a whole also greatly appealed to me. I love the environment of the Windswept Plateau, our exalt pillar is beautiful and one of my favorites hands down, the general vibe of being carefree and creative is something I love dearly, and the players of Wind Flight are so kind and welcoming. The eyes are a bonus; I know not everyone is fond of the bright green Wind eyes, but I sincerely love them.

I've always been in Wind and have zero regrets. There may be a time in the future when I'm a bit richer and can afford to vacation through flights. but Wind will always be my home.

Ice would be my first choice, followed by Light. Their involvement in Dom is a huge draw, and I like the general aesthetics of both. There's something very appealing about the chill and solitude of Ice, as well as the angelic vibe of Light.

Arcane. I have a distaste for Arcane eyes (and the colors of Arcane in general), the magenta just isn't really appealing to me. I really like the scholarly vibe of the Starfall Isles, but everything being magenta is just... off putting, for me.

Shadow would be the other one. Too many players and I'm just not interested in the purple eyes or the "murky trickster" aesthetic they have going on.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png

Earth isn't the flight I started the game with (that would be Wind), but it's the one I wound up settling into. The idea of moving now seems unfathomable. I love the aesthetic, the eyes tend to match everything since it's just brown or grey/black, and I enjoy dominance. The only downside is the primal eyes, but they're so rare and can easily be overwritten with something better.

If I had to pick a flight... Lightning. I was there for a good while before I moved to Earth and the aesthetic and coloring has always appealed.

No, but also yes. Unless they made the cool down time 3 months instead of 6, I'm never moving.

Earth isn't the flight I started the game with (that would be Wind), but it's the one I wound up settling into. The idea of moving now seems unfathomable. I love the aesthetic, the eyes tend to match everything since it's just brown or grey/black, and I enjoy dominance. The only downside is the primal eyes, but they're so rare and can easily be overwritten with something better.

If I had to pick a flight... Lightning. I was there for a good while before I moved to Earth and the aesthetic and coloring has always appealed.

No, but also yes. Unless they made the cool down time 3 months instead of 6, I'm never moving.
VJ9FS5l.gif Rule of Acquisition #31
Never make fun of a Ferengi's mother. Insult something he cares about instead.
I picked Nature literally just for the eye color lol. I don't really care about dom stuff, and im not very involved in the flight community, don't think it really works for anything lore wise either i just like the color. But then like 5 years after I joined I got super into houseplants and now I live in a jungle apartment so I guess things technically worked out.

Wind has pretty green eyes too. But since I have a gem themed lair and do a lot of stuff with rocks IRL (both parents are geologists) i guess I'd go with Earth? But the eye color would ruin me emotionally. Could also do Water since I'm a scuba diver. Or fire since i'm learning metalsmithing? Idk a lot of them work for me personality wise.

Technically all of them since im Nature till i die. But if I have to pick some then probably Arcane or light.
I picked Nature literally just for the eye color lol. I don't really care about dom stuff, and im not very involved in the flight community, don't think it really works for anything lore wise either i just like the color. But then like 5 years after I joined I got super into houseplants and now I live in a jungle apartment so I guess things technically worked out.

Wind has pretty green eyes too. But since I have a gem themed lair and do a lot of stuff with rocks IRL (both parents are geologists) i guess I'd go with Earth? But the eye color would ruin me emotionally. Could also do Water since I'm a scuba diver. Or fire since i'm learning metalsmithing? Idk a lot of them work for me personality wise.

Technically all of them since im Nature till i die. But if I have to pick some then probably Arcane or light.
Emerald • she/her • FR+2 • breeding challengebuying green dragons
23518.png12944.png13405.png1015.png12196.png
[b]1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything? :[/b] I was torn between Wind, Water, and Plague at the beginning of FR. I ended up going with Wind for lore, aesthetic (Windsinger is my favorite design), and dominance reasons— I figured that since Wind's lore was very anti-conflict, it would be okay if I didn't go hardcore into Dom. To be clear, the beginning of the site felt more like genuine competition, with aggression and hurt feelings, especially before flight change was allowed and it felt like there was a lot more stereotyping and misinformation— that was a Dom I didn't want to be any part of. Now that the community's a lot more relaxed into the concept, there have been better balancing measures, etc, I find Dom incredibly fun and am glad that Wind Dom has picked up significantly since the start of the site. But it wasn't something I wanted to be involved with back in 2013 when I just wanted to have pretty dragons. [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1] [b]2) If you were to move flights, which flights you'd consider and why?[/b] Water, Plague, and Nature are top of the list, currently. I didn't stop enjoying Water and Plague just because I was in Wind and incorporate them into my lair a lot already! I enjoy Water's aesthetic and Plague's lore just so much. Nature is just… I adore real life nature, the eyes aren't that dissimilar from Wind, it would be a pretty lateral move feelings-wise if I had to change flights, I just don't like the lore as much as Wind because it's more conflict-heavy. [b]3) Is there a flight you'd likely never move to, why?[/b] Light and Shadow, probably. I am in the minority that Light really isn't my aesthetic at all, and Shadow has my least favorite eyes and the only eye type that icks me out. (I do love your lore, Shadow! And Light does have Luminax. But I can't really see myself in either flight.)
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything? :

I was torn between Wind, Water, and Plague at the beginning of FR. I ended up going with Wind for lore, aesthetic (Windsinger is my favorite design), and dominance reasons— I figured that since Wind's lore was very anti-conflict, it would be okay if I didn't go hardcore into Dom.

To be clear, the beginning of the site felt more like genuine competition, with aggression and hurt feelings, especially before flight change was allowed and it felt like there was a lot more stereotyping and misinformation— that was a Dom I didn't want to be any part of. Now that the community's a lot more relaxed into the concept, there have been better balancing measures, etc, I find Dom incredibly fun and am glad that Wind Dom has picked up significantly since the start of the site. But it wasn't something I wanted to be involved with back in 2013 when I just wanted to have pretty dragons.

Water, Plague, and Nature are top of the list, currently. I didn't stop enjoying Water and Plague just because I was in Wind and incorporate them into my lair a lot already! I enjoy Water's aesthetic and Plague's lore just so much. Nature is just… I adore real life nature, the eyes aren't that dissimilar from Wind, it would be a pretty lateral move feelings-wise if I had to change flights, I just don't like the lore as much as Wind because it's more conflict-heavy.

Light and Shadow, probably. I am in the minority that Light really isn't my aesthetic at all, and Shadow has my least favorite eyes and the only eye type that icks me out. (I do love your lore, Shadow! And Light does have Luminax. But I can't really see myself in either flight.)
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything? :

I really liked the lore and aesthetic. At the time of joining I didn't know much, if anything, about the community or dominance but even if I factor those in, I'm pretty happy here. I probably wouldn't move out of my own volition, the theming still appeals to me a lot + pretty proud of how well we can do when we want to Dom, and the community is super friendly. The only negative is the primal eyes. They're *super* situational and it doesn't work well most of the time.

Lightning. I also like the aesthetic there a lot, techy stuff is cool to me esp considering my interests now.

Likely Shadow, their whole theming and lore just doesn't appeal to me at all (plus bias from being in light flight haha). I can kind of get the lore and aesthetic of every other flight but Shadow is just kinda ehh to me.

I really liked the lore and aesthetic. At the time of joining I didn't know much, if anything, about the community or dominance but even if I factor those in, I'm pretty happy here. I probably wouldn't move out of my own volition, the theming still appeals to me a lot + pretty proud of how well we can do when we want to Dom, and the community is super friendly. The only negative is the primal eyes. They're *super* situational and it doesn't work well most of the time.

Lightning. I also like the aesthetic there a lot, techy stuff is cool to me esp considering my interests now.

Likely Shadow, their whole theming and lore just doesn't appeal to me at all (plus bias from being in light flight haha). I can kind of get the lore and aesthetic of every other flight but Shadow is just kinda ehh to me.
I see the spine of the world
Sparkle and shine, light the inside
I see the spine of the world
I know it's mine, twisted and tied
I chose Water Flight and have never moved. I actually picked it because my zodiac sign is Cancer, even though I have never believed in zodiac signs and never will. I was stuck between Arcane, Wind, and Ice, so I chose a completely different flight instead.

I would never change flights since the Water Flight is closely tied to my lore (which I am very attached to), but if I was forced to I would choose either Ice, Wind, or Lightning. Ice because I love the Snowsquall Tundra and because in my lore there's a fictional nation there that's allied with my clan, Wind because I like the colours, and Lightning because my lair's/nation's capital is located near its coast and I like being productive.

Plague and Arcane, since I don't really like their aesthetic or lore. Also, this thread has made me realize that Water would have been included on this list if I had chosen a different flight at the start.
I chose Water Flight and have never moved. I actually picked it because my zodiac sign is Cancer, even though I have never believed in zodiac signs and never will. I was stuck between Arcane, Wind, and Ice, so I chose a completely different flight instead.

I would never change flights since the Water Flight is closely tied to my lore (which I am very attached to), but if I was forced to I would choose either Ice, Wind, or Lightning. Ice because I love the Snowsquall Tundra and because in my lore there's a fictional nation there that's allied with my clan, Wind because I like the colours, and Lightning because my lair's/nation's capital is located near its coast and I like being productive.

Plague and Arcane, since I don't really like their aesthetic or lore. Also, this thread has made me realize that Water would have been included on this list if I had chosen a different flight at the start.

TdTJOrw.png
FObX7rS.png
ZbNAjCO.png

uzcwnDd.png
mjtJ868.png
Gf9Ba59.png
tumblr_inline_nbca3vIFnM1qg78ij.png WUYHc.gif

Mostly dominance. While it isn't where I started, Earth feels like home. I've come to love the small community and can't imagine leaving. The eyes are a definite plus.

Lightning - I love the desert scrub aesthetics, the eyes, and Ridgebacks. Also in engineering so it seems fitting.

I don't think I'll ever move again. If I were to change flights, there are a few that I for sure wouldn't consider though. Plague was my original flight and I'll never go back. I still love Plaguebringer's design, but that's about it. The flight's too big, and lowkey toxic. I also didn't know about different eye types when I joined, and I absolutely despise the look of Plague Primal.

I prefer Earth's tiny community, so I wouldn't join Shadow due to flight size. I like space, but Arcane's eyes aren't a shade of pink that I like, and it's also too large of a flight for me.

Mostly dominance. While it isn't where I started, Earth feels like home. I've come to love the small community and can't imagine leaving. The eyes are a definite plus.

Lightning - I love the desert scrub aesthetics, the eyes, and Ridgebacks. Also in engineering so it seems fitting.

I don't think I'll ever move again. If I were to change flights, there are a few that I for sure wouldn't consider though. Plague was my original flight and I'll never go back. I still love Plaguebringer's design, but that's about it. The flight's too big, and lowkey toxic. I also didn't know about different eye types when I joined, and I absolutely despise the look of Plague Primal.

I prefer Earth's tiny community, so I wouldn't join Shadow due to flight size. I like space, but Arcane's eyes aren't a shade of pink that I like, and it's also too large of a flight for me.
[b]1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything? :[/b] i thought the stormcatcher looked cool. that's.. that is literally it [emoji=skull size=1] i mean, i don't regret it! [b]2) If you were to move flights, which flights you'd consider and why?[/b] probably fire, it fits more with my username and the eye color looks cool [b]3) Is there a flight you'd likely never move to, why?[/b] arcane and shadow, i feel like arcane is too chaotic with it being the biggest flight and shadow doesn't really sit right with me (same for plague)
i thought the stormcatcher looked cool. that's.. that is literally it i mean, i don't regret it!

probably fire, it fits more with my username and the eye color looks cool

arcane and shadow, i feel like arcane is too chaotic with it being the biggest flight and shadow doesn't really sit right with me (same for plague)

NcRl9aq.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7