Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions about your Flight choices!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything? :

i'm shallow. i picked plague because of the red eyes. i've never left, partially because i don't want to save up 1500g just to move back here after six months elsewhere. but mostly because plague is my family and i like them :)

2) If you were to move flights, which flights you'd consider and why?

hmm. earth for more dom maybe. arcane for my friend in there. idk, water? i have a lot of blue eye ocs.

3) Is there a flight you'd likely never move to, why?

shadow is big enough and also i don't care for the mushrooms. also nature bc of what i've heard about the dom scene lmao
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything? :

i'm shallow. i picked plague because of the red eyes. i've never left, partially because i don't want to save up 1500g just to move back here after six months elsewhere. but mostly because plague is my family and i like them :)

hmm. earth for more dom maybe. arcane for my friend in there. idk, water? i have a lot of blue eye ocs.

shadow is big enough and also i don't care for the mushrooms. also nature bc of what i've heard about the dom scene lmao
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything?
I chose Wind because its little description during account creation matched my personality best. I still feel it’s the best flight for me, even when the eyes limit the kinds of dragon I can breed.

Probably Fire or Ice. I think those eyes go with pretty much everything, and they’re my favorite primals. I’ve also considered Plague because I think it’s cool, and red eyes are pretty neat too.

Arcane or Shadow. I think they have the least versatile eyes, and I’m not that keen on pink and purple dragons (not to imply I don’t have several, but I personally prefer greens, blues, and oranges)
1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything?
I chose Wind because its little description during account creation matched my personality best. I still feel it’s the best flight for me, even when the eyes limit the kinds of dragon I can breed.

Probably Fire or Ice. I think those eyes go with pretty much everything, and they’re my favorite primals. I’ve also considered Plague because I think it’s cool, and red eyes are pretty neat too.

Arcane or Shadow. I think they have the least versatile eyes, and I’m not that keen on pink and purple dragons (not to imply I don’t have several, but I personally prefer greens, blues, and oranges)

we came into flight rising with near to no knowledge about it so we were choosing our flight solely off of vibes. was indecisive between shadow, light and plague so we asked our buddies and the majority vote was shadow

we've heard of light and earth having a nice community and/or dominance ? the eyes are nice too (though earth is less appealing. sorry brown is just really boring) so that's probably our choice if we were forced to move out of shadow. also interested in plague since pretty red eyes and we like body horror

mmm . nature? we have nothing against them (heck our progen is an illusionist forest spirit) but wdk the dark green eyes seem kinda hard to work with. we also don't like the eyes for arcane even though we love the aesthetic

we came into flight rising with near to no knowledge about it so we were choosing our flight solely off of vibes. was indecisive between shadow, light and plague so we asked our buddies and the majority vote was shadow

we've heard of light and earth having a nice community and/or dominance ? the eyes are nice too (though earth is less appealing. sorry brown is just really boring) so that's probably our choice if we were forced to move out of shadow. also interested in plague since pretty red eyes and we like body horror

mmm . nature? we have nothing against them (heck our progen is an illusionist forest spirit) but wdk the dark green eyes seem kinda hard to work with. we also don't like the eyes for arcane even though we love the aesthetic
3ab5c778.gifJupiter/Ben • She/Nix/Nova/Voi • FR+0 • Art ShopWishlist 3ab5c778.gif
1) What made you choose your current flight?
I’ve been in Arcane since the beginning. Originally, before I joined, I sort of had my heart set on Shadow because the dark, glowing forest aesthetic is very near and dear to my heart. But I was also drawn to Arcane because of the magical motifs and because I was deeply interested in space as a kid. In the end, I think I made the decision to go with Arcane because I wanted to be in the same flight as the person I joined with, and thought maybe I’d wander over to Shadow eventually. But I never did, and I ended up growing really attached to this flight. It’s not exactly the perfect fit aesthetically, but it feels like home now. And it’s pretty easy to fit Shadow-like lore elements into Arcane, I’d say!

It’s been almost 9 and a half years and I still think about moving to Shadow sometimes, so that would probably be my first choice. I think I’d still fit in pretty well over there! I’ve also heavily considered moving to Wind. The art is gorgeous, the community seems lovely, and sometimes that greenery really sounds like a breath of fresh of air. On the other hand, I’ll admit that I have a lot of envy for Plague and Ice eyes, but the lore doesn’t really fit. I’m admiring them from afar, though.

Probably Fire. It’s very pretty, but it just doesn’t really fit my lore or vibe at all. And likely Lightning as well, because despite my username, I’m not really into the eye colors or the aesthetic. In general, though, there’s almost no flight that I’ve never daydreamed about moving to. There’s something lovely in each one!
1) What made you choose your current flight?
I’ve been in Arcane since the beginning. Originally, before I joined, I sort of had my heart set on Shadow because the dark, glowing forest aesthetic is very near and dear to my heart. But I was also drawn to Arcane because of the magical motifs and because I was deeply interested in space as a kid. In the end, I think I made the decision to go with Arcane because I wanted to be in the same flight as the person I joined with, and thought maybe I’d wander over to Shadow eventually. But I never did, and I ended up growing really attached to this flight. It’s not exactly the perfect fit aesthetically, but it feels like home now. And it’s pretty easy to fit Shadow-like lore elements into Arcane, I’d say!

It’s been almost 9 and a half years and I still think about moving to Shadow sometimes, so that would probably be my first choice. I think I’d still fit in pretty well over there! I’ve also heavily considered moving to Wind. The art is gorgeous, the community seems lovely, and sometimes that greenery really sounds like a breath of fresh of air. On the other hand, I’ll admit that I have a lot of envy for Plague and Ice eyes, but the lore doesn’t really fit. I’m admiring them from afar, though.

Probably Fire. It’s very pretty, but it just doesn’t really fit my lore or vibe at all. And likely Lightning as well, because despite my username, I’m not really into the eye colors or the aesthetic. In general, though, there’s almost no flight that I’ve never daydreamed about moving to. There’s something lovely in each one!
sEBxtxA.png thDLJf3.png eGiN2Xv.png
[b]1) What made you choose your current flight? Is it the flight you started the game with? What's the main reason for your Flight? Lore, eye colors, community, dominance, theming, everything?[/b] [color=blue][b]Water.[/b][/color] It is my original flight. I initially chose Water because I've always, IRL, loved water. Like swimming, sailing, boating, water sports, I've always had an affinity to water based things. I also always wanted to be a Waterbender from Avatar the Last Airbender as a kid, plus the prophecies thing seemed kinda cool. A year or two into the game when I started getting into lore I actually really struggled with what my would clan be. To be honest, it was rough, I kinda halfassed it with [i]Rainbow Waters Clan[/i] because at the time I had a lair almost exclusively of Crystal/Facet gened dragons, but it really did not make me excited, so I kept playing and thought about switching to a different flight. I'm also not a huge fan of the eye colors. Then I went on hiatus for year, came back around the pandemic when I was in graduate school. Fell in love with the game again. But this time, I found the community, and honest to gods they are the reason why I will never leave this flight. The support, the kindness, the silliness, the dedication, the resources, the creativity, the balance of casual and hardcore players, and sheer amount of players in this flight who just [i]gave[/i] me things like G1s, lvl 25s, early game holidays items, and just random items off my wishlist from out the blue was mind blowing. Of course, I was super active in Dom and other events with my flight at that time, and I myself was helping out a lot of new players with resources, so it wasn't like I was a non-participating lurker getting random gifts, but, I have seriously never played a game where the community, and the sub-community more-so, was so... philanthropic. And genuinely so. So, I made my lore work. I reminded myself this is a fantasy game, with magic, which means anything goes. So now my clan lore is an underwater library within a large cave system within the Fishspine Reef, and my creative writing has flourished with this challenge. [b]2) If you were to move flights, which flights you'd consider and why?[/b] Either Arcane, Light, or Ice. [color=magenta][b]Arcane[/b][/color], because they are the knowledge and magic seekers flight so my clan lore would slot perfectly in place there, especially with the lore I am creating regarding shade-touched dragons. [color=gold][b]Light[/b][/color], because they are the scholars, and I mean, come on, [u]library[/u]. [color=#ADD8E6][b]Ice[/b][/color], because they are collectors, and I could do a more archives like theme (I am professionally an archivist), with collectiong [i]things[/i] and artifacts. I'm also a bit of a completionist and a hoarder so its rare for things to leave my hoard. Plus, Ice is Water's Prom date so how could I not go hang with them [emoji=coatl love size=1] All three of them have some of my favorite primal eyes too. [b]3) Is there a flight you'd likely never move to, why?[/b] Probably [color=maroon][b]Plague[/b][/color] or [color=orange][b]Fire[/b][/color] or [color=cyan][b]Lightning[/b][/color]. First though, I think their eye colors are super cool (with Fire and Lightning being my other favorite primal eyes, and red being my favorite color), and my friends from these flights are super cool [emoji=coatl winking size=1], and ngl the themes they do for Dom are bomb. Why I don't think I would likely never move to them though is because they do not fit with my lore or my personality. I am not an intense, "savage", or fast-paced person, and neither is my clan. I like to, go with the flow, chill out, hang out with my dusty musty books and artifacts, explore theories, and redo stories over and over and over until I have it [i]just right[/i]. I do enjoy some of their themes. I have a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/den/306426/2460163?name=&type=undefined]graveyard themed tab[/url] centering around rot and decay that would be very Plague (and moody Nature). I have a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62829403]little blacksmith[/url] and a new subspecies I'm working on called Order of the Blue Flame that would fit in Fire. I have dragons from the FL/GHT subspecies that I write lore for, and I have a cool looking augmented dragon named [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60851990]Glass[/url] in my lab that would fit in with Lightning. But all of them are just small parts of my clan and lair, not my clan as a whole concept, so it wouldn't feel right for me to join those flights. [center][size=4] [b]So, long story short, Water's community centeredness has me in a chokehold I'll never willingly get out of. My library themed clan lore would fit better in some flights and worse in others, and would be the main factor for my choosing a new flight if it ever happened.[br]But it probably never will.[/b][/center]

Water. It is my original flight. I initially chose Water because I've always, IRL, loved water. Like swimming, sailing, boating, water sports, I've always had an affinity to water based things. I also always wanted to be a Waterbender from Avatar the Last Airbender as a kid, plus the prophecies thing seemed kinda cool.

A year or two into the game when I started getting into lore I actually really struggled with what my would clan be. To be honest, it was rough, I kinda halfassed it with Rainbow Waters Clan because at the time I had a lair almost exclusively of Crystal/Facet gened dragons, but it really did not make me excited, so I kept playing and thought about switching to a different flight. I'm also not a huge fan of the eye colors.

Then I went on hiatus for year, came back around the pandemic when I was in graduate school. Fell in love with the game again. But this time, I found the community, and honest to gods they are the reason why I will never leave this flight. The support, the kindness, the silliness, the dedication, the resources, the creativity, the balance of casual and hardcore players, and sheer amount of players in this flight who just gave me things like G1s, lvl 25s, early game holidays items, and just random items off my wishlist from out the blue was mind blowing. Of course, I was super active in Dom and other events with my flight at that time, and I myself was helping out a lot of new players with resources, so it wasn't like I was a non-participating lurker getting random gifts, but, I have seriously never played a game where the community, and the sub-community more-so, was so... philanthropic. And genuinely so.

So, I made my lore work. I reminded myself this is a fantasy game, with magic, which means anything goes. So now my clan lore is an underwater library within a large cave system within the Fishspine Reef, and my creative writing has flourished with this challenge.

Either Arcane, Light, or Ice.
Arcane, because they are the knowledge and magic seekers flight so my clan lore would slot perfectly in place there, especially with the lore I am creating regarding shade-touched dragons.
Light, because they are the scholars, and I mean, come on, library.
Ice, because they are collectors, and I could do a more archives like theme (I am professionally an archivist), with collectiong things and artifacts. I'm also a bit of a completionist and a hoarder so its rare for things to leave my hoard. Plus, Ice is Water's Prom date so how could I not go hang with them

All three of them have some of my favorite primal eyes too.

Probably Plague or Fire or Lightning.
First though, I think their eye colors are super cool (with Fire and Lightning being my other favorite primal eyes, and red being my favorite color), and my friends from these flights are super cool , and ngl the themes they do for Dom are bomb.

Why I don't think I would likely never move to them though is because they do not fit with my lore or my personality. I am not an intense, "savage", or fast-paced person, and neither is my clan. I like to, go with the flow, chill out, hang out with my dusty musty books and artifacts, explore theories, and redo stories over and over and over until I have it just right.

I do enjoy some of their themes. I have a graveyard themed tab centering around rot and decay that would be very Plague (and moody Nature). I have a little blacksmith and a new subspecies I'm working on called Order of the Blue Flame that would fit in Fire. I have dragons from the FL/GHT subspecies that I write lore for, and I have a cool looking augmented dragon named Glass in my lab that would fit in with Lightning. But all of them are just small parts of my clan and lair, not my clan as a whole concept, so it wouldn't feel right for me to join those flights.

So, long story short, Water's community centeredness has me in a chokehold I'll never willingly get out of. My library themed clan lore would fit better in some flights and worse in others, and would be the main factor for my choosing a new flight if it ever happened.
But it probably never will.
Na5WGHa.png

It's not the flight i started with. I started out in nature, which I picked because it suited my aesthetics at the time - fast forward a couple years later and i just grew out of nature and grew into lightning. Part of the reason was eye color, but most of it was because lightning just matched the aesthetic/theming i grew towards...so after a long hiatus i came back, decided it was time to move to lightning, and just completely fell in love.
(Me moving means a lot to me because it says a lot about my personal growth but im not about to yap about that)

Community wise, I don't really hang around social spaces much but it brings me joy to see other lightning-aligned folks also embrace the aesthetic :)

If ever, haha. I'm so in love with my flight even vacationing is not something i consider - but if I had to I'd probably pick ice since their eye colors are not too far from lightning's..

second is fire, because i dig their industrial theming even though i'm not the biggest fan of the eye colors.

and then plague because plague is cool. I'm a huge fan of horror themes. And their community is incredible, even though i'm not a huge community person.

Does everything else count? lol. Anyways, probably wind. I'm not a fan of green eye color (i could barely put up with it in nature) and it just doesn't match my aesthetics much.

It's not the flight i started with. I started out in nature, which I picked because it suited my aesthetics at the time - fast forward a couple years later and i just grew out of nature and grew into lightning. Part of the reason was eye color, but most of it was because lightning just matched the aesthetic/theming i grew towards...so after a long hiatus i came back, decided it was time to move to lightning, and just completely fell in love.
(Me moving means a lot to me because it says a lot about my personal growth but im not about to yap about that)

Community wise, I don't really hang around social spaces much but it brings me joy to see other lightning-aligned folks also embrace the aesthetic :)

If ever, haha. I'm so in love with my flight even vacationing is not something i consider - but if I had to I'd probably pick ice since their eye colors are not too far from lightning's..

second is fire, because i dig their industrial theming even though i'm not the biggest fan of the eye colors.

and then plague because plague is cool. I'm a huge fan of horror themes. And their community is incredible, even though i'm not a huge community person.

Does everything else count? lol. Anyways, probably wind. I'm not a fan of green eye color (i could barely put up with it in nature) and it just doesn't match my aesthetics much.
Volt Wiring
OnNCb47.png
HE/THEY

I love nature, I love green. Nature was the obvious choice for me. I'd never seriously consider moving.

Probably Fire or Light for the aesthetics and eyes. But none really fit my clan lore-wise. Wind seems like it might be the most welcoming.

Maybe Ice. I don't vibe with that lore at all. Lightning for similar reasons. I can't see my hippie dragons in either place.

I love nature, I love green. Nature was the obvious choice for me. I'd never seriously consider moving.

Probably Fire or Light for the aesthetics and eyes. But none really fit my clan lore-wise. Wind seems like it might be the most welcoming.

Maybe Ice. I don't vibe with that lore at all. Lightning for similar reasons. I can't see my hippie dragons in either place.

Ice - its the flight I started with & honestly, felt pretty perfect to me :) Winter is my favourite season (i'm a hayfever sufferer; so I much prefer when theres less pollen around) & snow is my favourite weather. I've always loved icy themed things, so it felt like a no-brainer. In recent times, I've come to enjoy breeding a whole host of different colours & genes for my Hatchery, and Ice eyes are just perfect for that XD

Probably Light or Arcane. I enjoy both of their aesthetics and eye colours.

Probably Plague - just not really into the vibe of the flight & I just don't enjoy the Primal eyes honestly. Not that its bad etc; just not my thing ^^

Ice - its the flight I started with & honestly, felt pretty perfect to me :) Winter is my favourite season (i'm a hayfever sufferer; so I much prefer when theres less pollen around) & snow is my favourite weather. I've always loved icy themed things, so it felt like a no-brainer. In recent times, I've come to enjoy breeding a whole host of different colours & genes for my Hatchery, and Ice eyes are just perfect for that XD

Probably Light or Arcane. I enjoy both of their aesthetics and eye colours.

Probably Plague - just not really into the vibe of the flight & I just don't enjoy the Primal eyes honestly. Not that its bad etc; just not my thing ^^
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png

Currently Fire. Spent a long time in Ice (my starting flight) and needed a vacation. Orange is one of my favourite colours so I've always wanted to try breeding with fire eyes. It's invigorated my desire to breed dragons.

Back to ice. I'm married to that flight and lore.
If I go on vacation again then Light is high on the list.

Shadow or arcane. Eyes are the main culprit. I breed a lot and it's not as fun when you don't enjoy the eye colours. And I just don't vibe with the overall aesthetic.

Currently Fire. Spent a long time in Ice (my starting flight) and needed a vacation. Orange is one of my favourite colours so I've always wanted to try breeding with fire eyes. It's invigorated my desire to breed dragons.

Back to ice. I'm married to that flight and lore.
If I go on vacation again then Light is high on the list.

Shadow or arcane. Eyes are the main culprit. I breed a lot and it's not as fun when you don't enjoy the eye colours. And I just don't vibe with the overall aesthetic.

Nature! I always had a passion for animals and nature irl so it felt easy.The greens looked good on nearly every dragon combo, the aesthetic was perfect.

Plague. I visited once and they were the nicest bunch of people I ever met on here

Lightning. I'm not a fan of working.
Nature! I always had a passion for animals and nature irl so it felt easy.The greens looked good on nearly every dragon combo, the aesthetic was perfect.

Plague. I visited once and they were the nicest bunch of people I ever met on here

Lightning. I'm not a fan of working.
yPXQqTN.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7