Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 3.0
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I regularly have gotten political, tobacco, gambling, etc ads since I made my account here. Reporting to Hiveworks helps, but they clearly are not diligent about keeping it child-friendly. I personally never experienced the adobe or zoom-in issues, but that was game-breaking for users for weeks. Thanks for listening and staying on top of it, but it seems like a lot of problems are on their end.

Why continue working with them?
I regularly have gotten political, tobacco, gambling, etc ads since I made my account here. Reporting to Hiveworks helps, but they clearly are not diligent about keeping it child-friendly. I personally never experienced the adobe or zoom-in issues, but that was game-breaking for users for weeks. Thanks for listening and staying on top of it, but it seems like a lot of problems are on their end.

nymph.pngsand.png
Check out my gamedev,
art portfolio and personal blog!
@ https://blessfrey.me/
abbey.pnghavelock.png
[quote name="Aristene" date="2024-03-14 10:44:10" ] I regularly have gotten political, tobacco, gambling, etc ads since I made my account here. Reporting to Hiveworks helps, but they clearly are not diligent about keeping it child-friendly. I personally never experienced the adobe or zoom-in issues, but that was game-breaking for users for weeks. Thanks for listening and staying on top of it, but it seems like a lot of problems are on their end. Why continue working with them? [/quote] advertising moderation is tricky because even if you blacklist certain types of ads, they can circumvent it by labeling the ad as something else even if its stretching the definition (for example: a podcast i listen to talked once about how they try to filter political ads, but they squeak in by relabeling themselves as educational which they do allow) also money
Aristene wrote on 2024-03-14 10:44:10:

advertising moderation is tricky because even if you blacklist certain types of ads, they can circumvent it by labeling the ad as something else even if its stretching the definition (for example: a podcast i listen to talked once about how they try to filter political ads, but they squeak in by relabeling themselves as educational which they do allow)

also money
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
I keep getting ads showing a video of an injured dog. While it doesn't break any of the mentioned disallowed ads, it still could be uncomfortable for people who are sensitive to animal harm. The dog isn't too badly injured, but it still is sad[img]https://i.imgur.com/C2ron0P.png[/img] The information attached to the ad was REALLY long, so I had to zoom out a lot. Sorry if the text is hard to read[img]https://i.imgur.com/GWL0yVS.png[/img]
I keep getting ads showing a video of an injured dog. While it doesn't break any of the mentioned disallowed ads, it still could be uncomfortable for people who are sensitive to animal harm. The dog isn't too badly injured, but it still is sadC2ron0P.png

The information attached to the ad was REALLY long, so I had to zoom out a lot. Sorry if the text is hard to readGWL0yVS.png
Lover of Faes and Aethers
Hello @M1mikyu! Please be sure to submit your report directly to Hiveworks: tech@thehiveworks.com
Hello @M1mikyu! Please be sure to submit your report directly to Hiveworks: tech@thehiveworks.com
[quote name="Aristene" date="2024-03-14 10:44:10" ] I regularly have gotten political, tobacco, gambling, etc ads since I made my account here. Reporting to Hiveworks helps, but they clearly are not diligent about keeping it child-friendly. I personally never experienced the adobe or zoom-in issues, but that was game-breaking for users for weeks. Thanks for listening and staying on top of it, but it seems like a lot of problems are on their end. Why continue working with them? [/quote] Hello @Aristene, thank you for sharing your feedback. If an inappropriate ad (content wise) is getting through, this is because the [b]vendor[/b], or the party responsible for marketing on behalf of a business, has mislabeled the ad in a way that allows it to slip into child-safe networks. This mislabeling may be due to human error, incompetence, or maliciousness. We don't know. We only know we don't want them on our site. When these inappropriate ads are reported to Hiveworks—who is not an ad vendor, but an ad manager and partner—they use those reports to track down the reported ad, check the labeling, and then identify it as a bad ad in the network. From there, they remove the ad. One thing to be aware of is that it does still take some time for the ads to fully flush out of the network. So removal isn't immediate, as much as we'd like it to be. Hiveworks escalates to Venatus, who runs the overall network, when needed. I should also mention there's a small percentage of Google ads on the network as well; that's the nature of the online advertising industry. This means players will be served ads from time to time that are based on the interests and browsing habits stored in their browser or logged from their general area or region. Anyone interested in opting out of personalized Google ads [b][url=https://safety.google/privacy/ads-and-data/]can learn more about this in Google's Safety Center.[/url][/b]
Aristene wrote on 2024-03-14 10:44:10:

Hello @Aristene, thank you for sharing your feedback.

If an inappropriate ad (content wise) is getting through, this is because the vendor, or the party responsible for marketing on behalf of a business, has mislabeled the ad in a way that allows it to slip into child-safe networks. This mislabeling may be due to human error, incompetence, or maliciousness. We don't know. We only know we don't want them on our site.

When these inappropriate ads are reported to Hiveworks—who is not an ad vendor, but an ad manager and partner—they use those reports to track down the reported ad, check the labeling, and then identify it as a bad ad in the network. From there, they remove the ad. One thing to be aware of is that it does still take some time for the ads to fully flush out of the network. So removal isn't immediate, as much as we'd like it to be. Hiveworks escalates to Venatus, who runs the overall network, when needed.

I should also mention there's a small percentage of Google ads on the network as well; that's the nature of the online advertising industry. This means players will be served ads from time to time that are based on the interests and browsing habits stored in their browser or logged from their general area or region. Anyone interested in opting out of personalized Google ads can learn more about this in Google's Safety Center.
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/BnWTg36X/IMG-6029.png[/img] Not sure if I am submitting this report right, but I keep getting this specific ad which takes over the entire border of my screen which basically locks up the screen and prevents me from doing anything within the site. for 5-15 seconds until the ad closes down and sticks at the bottom of my screen(it stays even when i scroll) I have gotten this ad about a dozen or so times in the last 2 weeks and i only discovered the report thread about 4 days ago, and ive been waiting to get the ad for a screenshot ever since. If it is not obvious by the style of browser, I use an Apple Iphone on the latest version.
IMG-6029.png
Not sure if I am submitting this report right, but I keep getting this specific ad which takes over the entire border of my screen which basically locks up the screen and prevents me from doing anything within the site. for 5-15 seconds until the ad closes down and sticks at the bottom of my screen(it stays even when i scroll)
I have gotten this ad about a dozen or so times in the last 2 weeks and i only discovered the report thread about 4 days ago, and ive been waiting to get the ad for a screenshot ever since.
If it is not obvious by the style of browser, I use an Apple Iphone on the latest version.
NQoi0Uc.pngW4bPTjV.png1IPUNJj.png
FObX7rS.png DxCICZ1.png
hUchsi0.png
Windexx | They/he/xe/it/dragos
Add me on genshin! my uid is 641815069 :D

Check out my Dragon Cave profile!
Q4idXs1.pngaL21n5x.png5Rzv8uW.png UOOoH.gif
Hello @Windexx, please be sure to report this directly to Hiveworks. Instructions are here and in the first post of this thread, and the email is tech@thehiveworks.com. Thank you!
Hello @Windexx, please be sure to report this directly to Hiveworks. Instructions are here and in the first post of this thread, and the email is tech@thehiveworks.com. Thank you!
I've been having an issue that I assume is related to ads, but due to the nature of what's happening, I can't really tell, so I wanted to post here to see if anyone else has been having this problem.

I listen to podcasts on my phone, and sometimes my podcast will randomly stop because my phone says FR is playing audio? There isn't actually any audio playing, and it happens when I'm not even using FR. I assume there is an ad attempting to play audio that's causing it, but since nothing is actually playing, I can't figure out what the ad is to report it. I don't play any FR games on my phone, so it can't be from that, and there isn't anything else on FR that should be playing audio. Usually I just refresh all of the FR tabs I have open and hope that fixes the problem. Has anyone else had this issue?
I've been having an issue that I assume is related to ads, but due to the nature of what's happening, I can't really tell, so I wanted to post here to see if anyone else has been having this problem.

I listen to podcasts on my phone, and sometimes my podcast will randomly stop because my phone says FR is playing audio? There isn't actually any audio playing, and it happens when I'm not even using FR. I assume there is an ad attempting to play audio that's causing it, but since nothing is actually playing, I can't figure out what the ad is to report it. I don't play any FR games on my phone, so it can't be from that, and there isn't anything else on FR that should be playing audio. Usually I just refresh all of the FR tabs I have open and hope that fixes the problem. Has anyone else had this issue?
[quote name="ShriektheMighty" date="2024-03-16 23:55:02" ] I've been having an issue that I assume is related to ads, but due to the nature of what's happening, I can't really tell, so I wanted to post here to see if anyone else has been having this problem. I listen to podcasts on my phone, and sometimes my podcast will randomly stop because my phone says FR is playing audio? There isn't actually any audio playing, and it happens when I'm not even using FR. I assume there is an ad attempting to play audio that's causing it, but since nothing is actually playing, I can't figure out what the ad is to report it. I don't play any FR games on my phone, so it can't be from that, and there isn't anything else on FR that should be playing audio. Usually I just refresh all of the FR tabs I have open and hope that fixes the problem. Has anyone else had this issue? [/quote] @ShriektheMighty, what [I]Flight Rising[/I] pages are open when this happens?
ShriektheMighty wrote on 2024-03-16 23:55:02:

@ShriektheMighty, what Flight Rising pages are open when this happens?

@Aequorin I usually have several tabs open at once. Typically coli, the main page, pursuits, my lair, hoard, trading post, archaeology, and baldwin. I know that's not really helpful, sorry!
@Aequorin I usually have several tabs open at once. Typically coli, the main page, pursuits, my lair, hoard, trading post, archaeology, and baldwin. I know that's not really helpful, sorry!
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20