Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 3.0
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
[quote name="SkykidNadir" date="2024-03-08 14:43:39" ] [quote name="smorphie" date="2024-03-08 14:05:35" ] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/eJwvTKv.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/Hliw5Ja.png[/img] was on the sidebar while on the forums (and again while on this exact thread!). deffo not allowed edit: right after posting this, another version of the ad popped up! lol edit, again: ok. theres like, a lot. probably 3 times out of 5 it'll be an ad for this website when i go to a page. i've never searched for anything that would prompt these to show up, so i'm really confused lol [/quote] I am getting a ton of these two. Some of them are incredibly suggestive. I'm so bad with computers that I don't trust myself to try and report it, so hopefully someone else sends in the info! [/quote] I've been getting these a lot too. Finally was able to get a screenshot of it, but I didn't do the thing to log the network activity.
SkykidNadir wrote on 2024-03-08 14:43:39:
Quote:
eJwvTKv.pngHliw5Ja.png

was on the sidebar while on the forums (and again while on this exact thread!). deffo not allowed

edit: right after posting this, another version of the ad popped up! lol

edit, again: ok. theres like, a lot. probably 3 times out of 5 it'll be an ad for this website when i go to a page. i've never searched for anything that would prompt these to show up, so i'm really confused lol
I am getting a ton of these two. Some of them are incredibly suggestive. I'm so bad with computers that I don't trust myself to try and report it, so hopefully someone else sends in the info!
I've been getting these a lot too. Finally was able to get a screenshot of it, but I didn't do the thing to log the network activity.
I've seen some weird ad about medicine and being diabetic or some sort of illness and saying along the lines of being intimate with partners? It only showed once and never saw it again but it was very crazy I thought I was dreaming! On mobile using chrome
I've seen some weird ad about medicine and being diabetic or some sort of illness and saying along the lines of being intimate with partners? It only showed once and never saw it again but it was very crazy I thought I was dreaming! On mobile using chrome
I have the biggest collection of Maize Jester dragons on site, I'm always looking for dragons with these two genes! Dm if you have them! I also have a friend called Apepsis who's looking for Obsidian Starmap/Obsidian Constellation/ALL Opal, please contact them mostly, DM me if they can't take them in or are busy
Cheap-13.png
Got an anti children in adult entertainment ad [img]https://i.imgur.com/VKpSXqk.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/hRbZhtM.png[/img] edit: the site I used to upload the images seems to be blacklisted, updated the links
Got an anti children in adult entertainment ad
VKpSXqk.png
hRbZhtM.png

edit: the site I used to upload the images seems to be blacklisted, updated the links
Lover of Faes and Aethers
Good news, everyone! We've confirmed that all fixes are in, they are live, and the issue of [b]Adobe ads freezing or locking up your browser have stopped.[/b] Hiveworks and their [s]parent company[/s] ad network partner are actively working on the [b]ads causing pop-outs, forcing your screen to zoom in, etc.[/b] We are seeing less reports of these types of ads as time goes on. And as for the [b]inappropriate ads[/b], [I]Flight Rising[/I] is still categorized as child-safe. What this means is that these inappropriate ads are miscategorized on the vendor side and requires chasing down individual ads. [b]This is where your direct reports to Hiveworks helps us the most right now.[/b] If you come across an inappropriate ad, please be sure to [b][url=https://hiveworkscomics.com/report-ad]report the ad directly to Hiveworks[/url][/b] via [b]tech@thehiveworks.com[/b]. Thank you for your patience and for your reports! They've helped greatly with squashing the bad ads! [emoji=new friend size=1]
Good news, everyone! We've confirmed that all fixes are in, they are live, and the issue of Adobe ads freezing or locking up your browser have stopped.

Hiveworks and their parent company ad network partner are actively working on the ads causing pop-outs, forcing your screen to zoom in, etc. We are seeing less reports of these types of ads as time goes on.

And as for the inappropriate ads, Flight Rising is still categorized as child-safe. What this means is that these inappropriate ads are miscategorized on the vendor side and requires chasing down individual ads. This is where your direct reports to Hiveworks helps us the most right now. If you come across an inappropriate ad, please be sure to report the ad directly to Hiveworks via tech@thehiveworks.com.

Thank you for your patience and for your reports! They've helped greatly with squashing the bad ads!
Screenshot-20240312-175354-Chrome.jpg

Newest Ad to force zoom in on mobile
Screenshot-20240312-175354-Chrome.jpg

Newest Ad to force zoom in on mobile
tumblr_oc1hsaWFm91v8zj2wo1_400.gif
@quietsea, thank you for your report. As we noted above, this is an issue Hiveworks and Venatus are still working on. Please be sure to send your report directly to tech@thehiveworks.com. This is the most efficient way for players to get their reports to the right people while we wait for an in-ad reporting framework option. Thank you!
@quietsea, thank you for your report. As we noted above, this is an issue Hiveworks and Venatus are still working on. Please be sure to send your report directly to tech@thehiveworks.com. This is the most efficient way for players to get their reports to the right people while we wait for an in-ad reporting framework option. Thank you!
@aequorin Hey, just to clarify should ads no longer be reported here? Or only ads with new issues? I've sent in reports to Hiveworks with the previous two ads i mentioned in the thread, just wasn't sure if there should be a report here, as well.
@aequorin Hey, just to clarify should ads no longer be reported here? Or only ads with new issues? I've sent in reports to Hiveworks with the previous two ads i mentioned in the thread, just wasn't sure if there should be a report here, as well.
tumblr_oc1hsaWFm91v8zj2wo1_400.gif
I use ad block and have been cursing my mouse for the strange in and out zooms. I don't know how or why, but seeing this. It makes sense.

So, I use Chrome and Bing - Depending my what I'm accessing. The ad block is on both. I do not see the ads.
BUT I do get to suffer from the Auto-zoomings that force me to readjust the screen.

Now I know it's a site issue and not my mouse issue. do I just report it here? Or is there another spot I am suppose to report?

Thanks FR Staff.

I use ad block and have been cursing my mouse for the strange in and out zooms. I don't know how or why, but seeing this. It makes sense.

So, I use Chrome and Bing - Depending my what I'm accessing. The ad block is on both. I do not see the ads.
BUT I do get to suffer from the Auto-zoomings that force me to readjust the screen.

Now I know it's a site issue and not my mouse issue. do I just report it here? Or is there another spot I am suppose to report?

Thanks FR Staff.

Hi @quietsea, it's best to send reports directly to Hiveworks following the instructions laid out in [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3312272/1#post_3312272]the first post of this thread[/url][/b] and on the Hiveworks [b][url=https://hiveworkscomics.com/report-ad]report ad[/url][/b] page. That being said, [b]if you come across a new problem[/b] please report it directly to Hiveworks [b]and[/b] post in this thread too. If Hiveworks needs us to gather information about a new issue or a long-standing issue they're working on, we'll start sourcing that information from this thread and notify the community via Site Status. [quote name="ScreamingStars" date="2024-03-13 20:19:48" ] I use ad block and have been cursing my mouse for the strange in and out zooms. I don't know how or why, but seeing this. It makes sense. So, I use Chrome and Bing - Depending my what I'm accessing. The ad block is on both. I do not see the ads. BUT I do get to suffer from the Auto-zoomings that force me to readjust the screen. Now I know it's a site issue and not my mouse issue. do I just report it here? Or is there another spot I am suppose to report? Thanks FR Staff. [/quote] Hi @ScreamingStars, you'll want to follow the reporting instructions in either [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3312272/1]the first post of this thread[/url][/b] and on the [b][url=https://hiveworkscomics.com/report-ad]Hiveworks report ad[/url][/b] page. The directions are the same, but the Hiveworks page has visual aids in their HAR file instructions. Thank you!
Hi @quietsea, it's best to send reports directly to Hiveworks following the instructions laid out in the first post of this thread and on the Hiveworks report ad page. That being said, if you come across a new problem please report it directly to Hiveworks and post in this thread too.

If Hiveworks needs us to gather information about a new issue or a long-standing issue they're working on, we'll start sourcing that information from this thread and notify the community via Site Status.

ScreamingStars wrote on 2024-03-13 20:19:48:

Thanks FR Staff.

Hi @ScreamingStars, you'll want to follow the reporting instructions in either the first post of this thread and on the Hiveworks report ad page. The directions are the same, but the Hiveworks page has visual aids in their HAR file instructions. Thank you!
Thank you so much.
Thank you so much.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19