Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | y1 items in joxbox please its been 10yrs
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
As one of the old players (day 1) who would purportedly be affected by this change - tentative support. I absolutely believe every item in the game should be reasonably available to every player who wants one. I'm not convinced that the rates should be quite so high as with newer items (perhaps on some kind of sliding scale?) but they definitely should be *available* in quantities which keep up with the number of players who want them.
As one of the old players (day 1) who would purportedly be affected by this change - tentative support. I absolutely believe every item in the game should be reasonably available to every player who wants one. I'm not convinced that the rates should be quite so high as with newer items (perhaps on some kind of sliding scale?) but they definitely should be *available* in quantities which keep up with the number of players who want them.
THE EYE HOARDER OF SORNIETH.

Flatfin Enjoyer
@Charky

To be fair, the rates aren't high. Its about .39% to get one specific item and that % is just gonna go lower and lower as more items are added to the pool.
@Charky

To be fair, the rates aren't high. Its about .39% to get one specific item and that % is just gonna go lower and lower as more items are added to the pool.
Yeah, support.

Along with the other ones that aren't in there as well! Most y2 items aren't in there, and I think y3 ones? The elementals aren't in there. Those all should be in there as well. No treating some fest items differently. Never liked that.
Yeah, support.

Along with the other ones that aren't in there as well! Most y2 items aren't in there, and I think y3 ones? The elementals aren't in there. Those all should be in there as well. No treating some fest items differently. Never liked that.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
Yeessssssss. Support for sure.
I Have all holiday familiars minus the sprites and would love even a tiny chance to open them randomly. As of now I've given up on owning any of them, which is a shame since I'd love to collect every familiar eventually. They're just too expensive.

I also have all the elemental acolytes (including copies of a small few) and wouldn't mind seeing a decrease in their price on the AH. At the end of the day it's just a fun dragon game, making treasure/gems is nice but my top priority is just having fun with other dragon nerds online lol.
Yeessssssss. Support for sure.
I Have all holiday familiars minus the sprites and would love even a tiny chance to open them randomly. As of now I've given up on owning any of them, which is a shame since I'd love to collect every familiar eventually. They're just too expensive.

I also have all the elemental acolytes (including copies of a small few) and wouldn't mind seeing a decrease in their price on the AH. At the end of the day it's just a fun dragon game, making treasure/gems is nice but my top priority is just having fun with other dragon nerds online lol.
hgyV5mU.png
[quote name="Asteraoth" date="2024-03-15 02:06:12" ] @Charky To be fair, the rates aren't high. Its about .39% to get one specific item and that % is just gonna go lower and lower as more items are added to the pool. [/quote] Yeah honestly I don't know entirely how that system even works so it's probably fine? __________ Another thing which occurred to me- Valuable items can be created as easily as removed. If increasing the availability of old festival items is going to remove the long-term savings initiative, staff can just create a new, expensive (but attainable) item set? I'm thinking of the crown in animal crossing when I say this. It adds something for users to save towards in the endgame, but it's not stopping people from doing anything other than completing their catalogue and wearing a fancy hat until they save up enough. My vote is for a scene thing which just plops your dragon on a pile of coins. And a dragon apparel sash which just says "I won capitalism"
Asteraoth wrote on 2024-03-15 02:06:12:
@Charky

Yeah honestly I don't know entirely how that system even works so it's probably fine?

Another thing which occurred to me-
Valuable items can be created as easily as removed. If increasing the availability of old festival items is going to remove the long-term savings initiative, staff can just create a new, expensive (but attainable) item set? I'm thinking of the crown in animal crossing when I say this. It adds something for users to save towards in the endgame, but it's not stopping people from doing anything other than completing their catalogue and wearing a fancy hat until they save up enough. My vote is for a scene thing which just plops your dragon on a pile of coins. And a dragon apparel sash which just says "I won capitalism"
THE EYE HOARDER OF SORNIETH.

Flatfin Enjoyer
Support, as someone with a ton of year 1 festival stuff. Light sprite prices are a complete joke.
Support, as someone with a ton of year 1 festival stuff. Light sprite prices are a complete joke.
22392.png 35896.png 22393.png
Support as long as the chance is still extremely low. Having a few more in the market is likely not going to crash the market. Collectors can still have the joy of getting them, and people who don't collect might pull one and be able to swap for that one apparel they really want.
Support as long as the chance is still extremely low. Having a few more in the market is likely not going to crash the market. Collectors can still have the joy of getting them, and people who don't collect might pull one and be able to swap for that one apparel they really want.
[quote name="Riveriia" date="2024-03-20 11:32:26" ] Support as long as the chance is still extremely low. Having a few more in the market is likely not going to crash the market. Collectors can still have the joy of getting them, and people who don't collect might pull one and be able to swap for that one apparel they really want. [/quote] As people have said, the chances will automatically always be very low because the item pool is absolutely ridiculous.
Riveriia wrote on 2024-03-20 11:32:26:

As people have said, the chances will automatically always be very low because the item pool is absolutely ridiculous.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
back once again (as someone who has collected half the sprites) to say please can we implement this!! light sprite prices are almost equal to ks familiars and that is frankly insane and nowhere near sustainable. even if this does get implemented, it's not like the market is going to be flooded with sprites anyways, as i'm sure if someone does receive one from their joxbox they'll probably end up keeping it.
back once again (as someone who has collected half the sprites) to say please can we implement this!! light sprite prices are almost equal to ks familiars and that is frankly insane and nowhere near sustainable. even if this does get implemented, it's not like the market is going to be flooded with sprites anyways, as i'm sure if someone does receive one from their joxbox they'll probably end up keeping it.
officer, i drop kicked that child in self defense
~
fr +17 • she / her
Full support.

I joined two months after the first Trickmurk. My friend who already played sent me a Shadow Sprite as a starter gift because I joined Shadow. I didn't realise the sprites were valuable until much later but I was already collecting them because they were cute little guys. It took a long time to get my Fire Sprite, and even then, the price of the Light Sprite was rising at a pace far beyond the pace I could accumulate wealth. Forget the apparel. So I'm someone who has all but one sprite, and all year 2/3 things, and also have been a largely inactive player for years.

And... it really doesn't feel good. I could probably buy most things by selling my y1-3 collection, but I love my familiars and have no intention of selling them, so it really doesn't even benefit me, someone who has most of them, that they're so exclusive and inflated. And the contrast between how happy I was to get a little Shadow guy when I first started and seeing newer Shadow players saddened or jealous because they don't feel like they have a chance at getting one doesn't feel good.

It also doesn't feel good when the immediate reaction to remembering I have a Flight Rising account is anxiety, because I usually remember it after hearing about things happening on other pet sites... like old accounts being hacked to steal the old and valuable things they have. Most often Neopets with its Unconverted pets and the like. So instead of going "oh yeah, I love that site!" I just worry about whether or not my account's still there and go check. Thankfully, the security seems good, but it means I'm personally against having fest items I have become even more rare and exclusive, or even go out of circulation, because I worry too much about what will happen to old inactive-- or even active-- accounts if they do.

So, yeah. NotN exists originally as a way to give everyone a second chance at the y2 familiars. Those got moved to Joxar. Doesn't sound awful for the economy. I see no problems, really.
Full support.

I joined two months after the first Trickmurk. My friend who already played sent me a Shadow Sprite as a starter gift because I joined Shadow. I didn't realise the sprites were valuable until much later but I was already collecting them because they were cute little guys. It took a long time to get my Fire Sprite, and even then, the price of the Light Sprite was rising at a pace far beyond the pace I could accumulate wealth. Forget the apparel. So I'm someone who has all but one sprite, and all year 2/3 things, and also have been a largely inactive player for years.

And... it really doesn't feel good. I could probably buy most things by selling my y1-3 collection, but I love my familiars and have no intention of selling them, so it really doesn't even benefit me, someone who has most of them, that they're so exclusive and inflated. And the contrast between how happy I was to get a little Shadow guy when I first started and seeing newer Shadow players saddened or jealous because they don't feel like they have a chance at getting one doesn't feel good.

It also doesn't feel good when the immediate reaction to remembering I have a Flight Rising account is anxiety, because I usually remember it after hearing about things happening on other pet sites... like old accounts being hacked to steal the old and valuable things they have. Most often Neopets with its Unconverted pets and the like. So instead of going "oh yeah, I love that site!" I just worry about whether or not my account's still there and go check. Thankfully, the security seems good, but it means I'm personally against having fest items I have become even more rare and exclusive, or even go out of circulation, because I worry too much about what will happen to old inactive-- or even active-- accounts if they do.

So, yeah. NotN exists originally as a way to give everyone a second chance at the y2 familiars. Those got moved to Joxar. Doesn't sound awful for the economy. I see no problems, really.
psd5o6h.jpg
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34