Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | webzone village | Interest Check
1 2 3 4
Definitely interested. Either with a sorta-self-insert or an OC, I’m always fascinated by the idea of having game terminology in dialogue. I already have a few characters in mind I’d like to play, but I’ll limit myself to just one so I don’t get overwhelmed.

I skimmed the messages here, but I may have missed some important details. Just in case, is this gonna be multifandom? Just asking because I wanna play as a Pokémon.
Definitely interested. Either with a sorta-self-insert or an OC, I’m always fascinated by the idea of having game terminology in dialogue. I already have a few characters in mind I’d like to play, but I’ll limit myself to just one so I don’t get overwhelmed.

I skimmed the messages here, but I may have missed some important details. Just in case, is this gonna be multifandom? Just asking because I wanna play as a Pokémon.
@Hanafuda helllaaa, a self-insert would be more than welcome! i am planning on the [main] playable character limit being 2-per player, at max (though i still need to slap that somewhere in the info sections lol) so you'd be able to use two if you really want~ nope, you haven't missed anything! this is [i]not[/i] a multifandom / crossover type of deal; it's a lot more ambiguous, focused on original characters in an original setting that's inspired by the 2000s-era 'net. it's... actually a little bit Backrooms-esk, the more i think about it, albeit [u]much[/u] friendlier. [i]that said[/i], Pokemon are a valid species for a playable character! [emoji=sandsurge winking size=1] species is more about Vibes and design here, rather than strictly what media/fandom it's from
@Hanafuda
helllaaa, a self-insert would be more than welcome! i am planning on the [main] playable character limit being 2-per player, at max (though i still need to slap that somewhere in the info sections lol) so you'd be able to use two if you really want~

nope, you haven't missed anything! this is not a multifandom / crossover type of deal; it's a lot more ambiguous, focused on original characters in an original setting that's inspired by the 2000s-era 'net. it's... actually a little bit Backrooms-esk, the more i think about it, albeit much friendlier.
that said, Pokemon are a valid species for a playable character! species is more about Vibes and design here, rather than strictly what media/fandom it's from
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png
Oh, nice. Thanks for the info.
Oh, nice. Thanks for the info.
I'm back [img]https://i.ibb.co/f8XjLQZ/download-1.png[/img] Okay, here's the character! I used a vector since I don't have the actual ref done yet lol. Uh, less 'anthro' and bubbly color palette... but yeah, they're a lil alien (or uh... not so little since they're kinda tall XD). I made them for an original world, but I did base them off the game Plazma Burst (that old flash game I mentioned). Would they be alright to use? Don't worry, I'll make sure that they're balanced. I can also design a more Y2K-feeling character if needed as well, or use a different one.
I'm back

download-1.png

Okay, here's the character! I used a vector since I don't have the actual ref done yet lol. Uh, less 'anthro' and bubbly color palette... but yeah, they're a lil alien (or uh... not so little since they're kinda tall XD). I made them for an original world, but I did base them off the game Plazma Burst (that old flash game I mentioned). Would they be alright to use? Don't worry, I'll make sure that they're balanced. I can also design a more Y2K-feeling character if needed as well, or use a different one.
40d328c43be268b5d074dbc874b8ba24.jpg
Just looking at the premise for this RP keeps reminding me of Club Penguin. I played it back in elementary. I really loved playing Card-jitsu and that pizza minigame as well as the secret agent missions. Too bad I wasn’t there for other big events, though, but I remember they had a dinosaur event.

Another MMO I dabbled in like two years ago was Final Fantasy XIV. I’m just a big fan of Final Fantasy, but honestly, what drew me in the most was the NieR crossover event. Haven’t finished the free trial, though, but it was great so far. Pretty sure my knowledge of Final Fantasy could be given to my self-insert to help him understand a few things in the menus.
Just looking at the premise for this RP keeps reminding me of Club Penguin. I played it back in elementary. I really loved playing Card-jitsu and that pizza minigame as well as the secret agent missions. Too bad I wasn’t there for other big events, though, but I remember they had a dinosaur event.

Another MMO I dabbled in like two years ago was Final Fantasy XIV. I’m just a big fan of Final Fantasy, but honestly, what drew me in the most was the NieR crossover event. Haven’t finished the free trial, though, but it was great so far. Pretty sure my knowledge of Final Fantasy could be given to my self-insert to help him understand a few things in the menus.
@Dingasoid
latteee response, but! OOHHH I LOVE THEM??? initially i was say maybe, but i love "yes and"ing concepts - i think they'd be a Really funky character to have in the party.

@Hanafuda
that's Exactly the vibe i'm going for >:D & for the self-insert having menu know-how, that could absolutely work!
@Dingasoid
latteee response, but! OOHHH I LOVE THEM??? initially i was say maybe, but i love "yes and"ing concepts - i think they'd be a Really funky character to have in the party.

@Hanafuda
that's Exactly the vibe i'm going for >:D & for the self-insert having menu know-how, that could absolutely work!
tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png Achilles / Steven
. He / Thae / They / It » 1999
. Writer » Artist » Roleplayer
. FR +3 » Offline Weekends
d7a3cb0282df8d26e64689d7b0448262176660d8.png
Okay, going back to this, I’m also reminded of a personal thing I’ve been wanting to do for a time. An original story where someone from the real world is transported into a fantasy MMO as a level 1 wolfman and has to deal with a prejudiced kingdom and trigger-happy players.

I wonder if I’m allowed to have my character start off like that. Trapped in a world with PvP enabled and some murderhobos confuse him for a monster they can get free XP from.
Okay, going back to this, I’m also reminded of a personal thing I’ve been wanting to do for a time. An original story where someone from the real world is transported into a fantasy MMO as a level 1 wolfman and has to deal with a prejudiced kingdom and trigger-happy players.

I wonder if I’m allowed to have my character start off like that. Trapped in a world with PvP enabled and some murderhobos confuse him for a monster they can get free XP from.
I would definitely be interested in this. It sounds so fun! I would probably use an OC character from the "real world" that is a huge gamer. They have no special powers (that they know of yet), but it would be great as an information person and a wonderful farmer, as they always play farming/crafting sims. Maybe a little cat girl!

:)
I would definitely be interested in this. It sounds so fun! I would probably use an OC character from the "real world" that is a huge gamer. They have no special powers (that they know of yet), but it would be great as an information person and a wonderful farmer, as they always play farming/crafting sims. Maybe a little cat girl!

:)
I've got a smooth brain.
This sounds so so neat. I saw mention of a pinglist? If that's still open I'd love to be added for any future updates

I feel like the realm of 'isekai'd into a video game' hasn't really been broken open in media like it could be, or at least not with smth so low-stakes. It makes me think this would be a rp heavily focused on the psychological/interpersonal relationships of the people in that sort of situation. Doubled up with the fact that it's based on casual sandboxy sorts of games that typically do not have endings. Or at the very least very open-ended ones. I think it could really push the hypothetical characters in interesting ways!
This sounds so so neat. I saw mention of a pinglist? If that's still open I'd love to be added for any future updates

I feel like the realm of 'isekai'd into a video game' hasn't really been broken open in media like it could be, or at least not with smth so low-stakes. It makes me think this would be a rp heavily focused on the psychological/interpersonal relationships of the people in that sort of situation. Doubled up with the fact that it's based on casual sandboxy sorts of games that typically do not have endings. Or at the very least very open-ended ones. I think it could really push the hypothetical characters in interesting ways!
Ztohw80.png Sock - They/Them - FR+2
WIP
WIP
WIP
"come with me,
and you'll be. . ."
". . .in a world
of pure imagination."

"If you want to view paradise. . ."
". . .simply look around and view it."
Ooh, I’d be interested, assuming you’re still accepting new players! I haven’t done an RP in a while (last time was here, during the pandemic, on an old account), but I do promise I’m literate. I’m also super into character and world design! I’m actually applying to be a BFA with a focus on game arts in the fall, so this seems up my alley.
Ooh, I’d be interested, assuming you’re still accepting new players! I haven’t done an RP in a while (last time was here, during the pandemic, on an old account), but I do promise I’m literate. I’m also super into character and world design! I’m actually applying to be a BFA with a focus on game arts in the fall, so this seems up my alley.
| they/he | artist | (sort of) college student (BFA) | FR +0 |
1 2 3 4