Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Saving the Icelandic goat, please help!
1 2 3
I'm trying to spread the word as much as possible. The Icelandic goat is endangered, just 800 animals exist. A farm called Háafell has 190 adults and around 170 kids (baby goats) but they are about to lose the farm to the bank, all of the goats might be gone come September, that is they would be slaughtered if no one wants to buy them.
The government is supposed to preserve the unique animals in the country. Only the goat is endangered now but they don't seem to do anything, and if they do it's not fast enough to save Háafell and their goats that make up a large number of the breed.
It would be devastating to lose the amazing work Háafell has done to save the goats and they are trying to market the meat, milk and making cheese. Everything they make sells that's not the problem, the problem was the financial crisis the country went through in 2008, the loans and debts went through the roof making it impossible for them to pay D:

If you, the people of Flight rising, could help me spread the word, if you have a tumblr, twitter or facebook, could you share the link to this indiegogo campaign that was started today. If you can donate that would be amazing! Every little donation helps :) I already donated 50$ today but I've bought wares from them and I also foster a goat.
Click here

And reblog my post on tumblr , I only have 12 followers on there so it's a miracle to get reblogs at all :c If I was famous on there I could easily spread this all over the place.

I have to do whatever I can to help
I'm trying to spread the word as much as possible. The Icelandic goat is endangered, just 800 animals exist. A farm called Háafell has 190 adults and around 170 kids (baby goats) but they are about to lose the farm to the bank, all of the goats might be gone come September, that is they would be slaughtered if no one wants to buy them.
The government is supposed to preserve the unique animals in the country. Only the goat is endangered now but they don't seem to do anything, and if they do it's not fast enough to save Háafell and their goats that make up a large number of the breed.
It would be devastating to lose the amazing work Háafell has done to save the goats and they are trying to market the meat, milk and making cheese. Everything they make sells that's not the problem, the problem was the financial crisis the country went through in 2008, the loans and debts went through the roof making it impossible for them to pay D:

If you, the people of Flight rising, could help me spread the word, if you have a tumblr, twitter or facebook, could you share the link to this indiegogo campaign that was started today. If you can donate that would be amazing! Every little donation helps :) I already donated 50$ today but I've bought wares from them and I also foster a goat.
Click here

And reblog my post on tumblr , I only have 12 followers on there so it's a miracle to get reblogs at all :c If I was famous on there I could easily spread this all over the place.

I have to do whatever I can to help
1i35.png
I reblogt this on Tumblr. I don't have much followers but hopefully someone will reblog :)
I reblogt this on Tumblr. I don't have much followers but hopefully someone will reblog :)
Thank you @DanaSoraya so much :D
Thank you @DanaSoraya so much :D
1i35.png
Bumpin this
Bumpin this
1i35.png
Gonna reblog this over on my main tumblr now, I have a few hundred followers so hopefully they'll help share it around too!
I have no money spare sadly, but I hope they can raise the money needed ;u;
Gonna reblog this over on my main tumblr now, I have a few hundred followers so hopefully they'll help share it around too!
I have no money spare sadly, but I hope they can raise the money needed ;u;
LKzi7uW.png
That's not looking too good... Hey @Morchella! You're my mom, you help!

And I'll speak to my friends and see if they can make a donation. Unfortunately, I don't have a tumblr.
That's not looking too good... Hey @Morchella! You're my mom, you help!

And I'll speak to my friends and see if they can make a donation. Unfortunately, I don't have a tumblr.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
Rebloggin! c:
Rebloggin! c:
tumblr_n6xkeuWqvA1sl6hkto1_r1_500.gif
Thank you @Kendrell @MagicIcewing @ShadowNoEar so much guys :D Every share and reblog helps even if you can't donate so thank you C:
Thank you @Kendrell @MagicIcewing @ShadowNoEar so much guys :D Every share and reblog helps even if you can't donate so thank you C:
1i35.png
I know this sounds bizarre, but put a goat up for international sale. If it's rare, someone wants it.

the key is advertising and getting authentic papers to verify the goat's pedigree.

He could probably get millions for one if there's only 800 left.
I know this sounds bizarre, but put a goat up for international sale. If it's rare, someone wants it.

the key is advertising and getting authentic papers to verify the goat's pedigree.

He could probably get millions for one if there's only 800 left.
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
Oh no, poor goat friends. ;n; It's not much since not a lot of my followers pay attention to me as a whole, but I reblogged your tumblr post.

[Sad wyvern noises]
Oh no, poor goat friends. ;n; It's not much since not a lot of my followers pay attention to me as a whole, but I reblogged your tumblr post.

[Sad wyvern noises]
YDYolOP.pngj5NO5Wo.png
1 2 3