Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Furvilla accounts got hacked
I woke up and my Furvilla account got hacked. Asked the staff there and they said several accounts got compromised so go change your passwords and make sure you can still get into your Dragoncave/Dappervolk/Furvilla/Mycena cave ext...

watch this get locked or marked as spam lol

Still, thought I'd give a PSA
I woke up and my Furvilla account got hacked. Asked the staff there and they said several accounts got compromised so go change your passwords and make sure you can still get into your Dragoncave/Dappervolk/Furvilla/Mycena cave ext...

watch this get locked or marked as spam lol

Still, thought I'd give a PSA
That's unfortunate, but ty for warning everybody!
That's unfortunate, but ty for warning everybody!
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
probably get moved to general discussion tbh

but ty for the heads up. none of my friends had logged into furvilla or dv in forever but i'll be passing word along to make sure no one was reusing passwords.

but ty for the heads up. none of my friends had logged into furvilla or dv in forever but i'll be passing word along to make sure no one was reusing passwords.
[quote name="cantrip" date="2024-03-10 08:45:21" ] probably get moved to general discussion tbh but ty for the heads up. none of my friends had logged into furvilla or dv in forever but i'll be passing word along to make sure no one was reusing passwords. [/quote] Good idea, The staff on Furvilla was really quick to respond and I got all my stuff back today
cantrip wrote on 2024-03-10 08:45:21:

Good idea, The staff on Furvilla was really quick to respond and I got all my stuff back today
[quote name="Quietlinnet" date="2024-03-10 20:30:59" ] [quote name="cantrip" date="2024-03-10 08:45:21" ] probably get moved to general discussion tbh but ty for the heads up. none of my friends had logged into furvilla or dv in forever but i'll be passing word along to make sure no one was reusing passwords. [/quote] Good idea, The staff on Furvilla was really quick to respond and I got all my stuff back today [/quote] Great!
Quietlinnet wrote on 2024-03-10 20:30:59:
cantrip wrote on 2024-03-10 08:45:21:

Good idea, The staff on Furvilla was really quick to respond and I got all my stuff back today
Great!
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
Huh, i had an account there, but when i try to reset my password it doesn't recognize any of the emails i could have used...

Do they delete inactive accounts...? o_o;
Huh, i had an account there, but when i try to reset my password it doesn't recognize any of the emails i could have used...

Do they delete inactive accounts...? o_o;
Wait was dragcave hacked too or is it and the other petsites included as a 'check just in case' thing? Sorry if this is a dumb question my brain is not braining today ^^'
Wait was dragcave hacked too or is it and the other petsites included as a 'check just in case' thing? Sorry if this is a dumb question my brain is not braining today ^^'
He/they
Agender/ace/bi
Social anxiety + autism
massive nerd
Dragcave
Final Outpost
Pokefarm
Free L23 cauldron rental
Wishlist
Fandragon list
Pings Ok!
Link to art shop! currently on hiatus ?fLd3y=platform.png
[quote name="Amieg" date="2024-03-10 21:51:42" ] Wait was dragcave hacked too or is it and the other petsites included as a 'check just in case' thing? Sorry if this is a dumb question my brain is not braining today ^^' [/quote] I am wondering this as well. can someone tell?
Amieg wrote on 2024-03-10 21:51:42:

I am wondering this as well. can someone tell?
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
@Amieg @ValerionWolf

I don't believe dragoncave has had people hacked recently. I did a quick check in the DC discord and didn't see anything recent, so I think it might be a just in case thing
@Amieg @ValerionWolf

I don't believe dragoncave has had people hacked recently. I did a quick check in the DC discord and didn't see anything recent, so I think it might be a just in case thing
They/Them ~ Wishlist ~ Scatter Project er7d6Yk.png
Good morning everyone! We appreciate your due diligence and desire to warn your fellow pet site players! We haven't been able to verify if Furvilla experienced a series of account compromises or not yet (via public-facing announcements from Furvilla themselves). So we're going to go ahead and lock this thread now.

That being said, this is a good reminder to make sure that the password for your Flight Rising account is unique and not shared or re-used across other sites/accounts. The same goes for your Furvilla account password, your Chickensmoothie account password, your email account password(s)—any online account, really. If you are re-using passwords across various online accounts, now is a good time to update them to something unique.

Good morning everyone! We appreciate your due diligence and desire to warn your fellow pet site players! We haven't been able to verify if Furvilla experienced a series of account compromises or not yet (via public-facing announcements from Furvilla themselves). So we're going to go ahead and lock this thread now.

That being said, this is a good reminder to make sure that the password for your Flight Rising account is unique and not shared or re-used across other sites/accounts. The same goes for your Furvilla account password, your Chickensmoothie account password, your email account password(s)—any online account, really. If you are re-using passwords across various online accounts, now is a good time to update them to something unique.