Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do food Hoarders do it
1 2 3
I'm trying to get a full stack of everything so I'm not converting as much food as I used to and I am barley keeping my dragons fed. It's made harder by the fact I'm stuck gathering for plants I don't even use cause I want to get pink mums
I'm trying to get a full stack of everything so I'm not converting as much food as I used to and I am barley keeping my dragons fed. It's made harder by the fact I'm stuck gathering for plants I don't even use cause I want to get pink mums
6170d1951dd00a76054e0be373068f46a32933c9.png
Honestly? I expanded hibden and shoved almost every dragon in there. There's a few still ticking at my food, but not nearly enough to cause issues. Most of the dragons in my main den are either leveled dragons, for sale, or fodder.
I then devour a 2-3 point food stack when I get a pursuit for converting food to keep the ones in my lair fed. They're not worth as much as other food, so that's why.
Honestly? I expanded hibden and shoved almost every dragon in there. There's a few still ticking at my food, but not nearly enough to cause issues. Most of the dragons in my main den are either leveled dragons, for sale, or fodder.
I then devour a 2-3 point food stack when I get a pursuit for converting food to keep the ones in my lair fed. They're not worth as much as other food, so that's why.
FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
If you ping me, please remember to include capitals for each word or I won't get your ping! It's GaleGecko, not galegecko.
@GaleGecko
Working on that myself. I actually have the majority of my lair in HibDen but then I also have my Coli team and breeders that I cant put in their and am training up some fodder for Lightning push. Have a few more I need to throw in HibDen but need to unlock some space first.
Probably need to do a lair clean out soon
@GaleGecko
Working on that myself. I actually have the majority of my lair in HibDen but then I also have my Coli team and breeders that I cant put in their and am training up some fodder for Lightning push. Have a few more I need to throw in HibDen but need to unlock some space first.
Probably need to do a lair clean out soon
6170d1951dd00a76054e0be373068f46a32933c9.png
every now and then when i'm levelling fodder i just dedicate all the food drops from what i was doing to my stash. i also only have 55 active dragons currently and that's a weirdly high number for me bc i have 9 rn that are waiting to either be sold or go off to the hibden lol.
every now and then when i'm levelling fodder i just dedicate all the food drops from what i was doing to my stash. i also only have 55 active dragons currently and that's a weirdly high number for me bc i have 9 rn that are waiting to either be sold or go off to the hibden lol.
It took me years to build up the full stacks of gathering foods. I moved a lot of dragons into the hibden when that came out. And I used to do more in the coli so I built up a cushion. I don't seem to do as much anymore now that I've finally started using a Mire Flyer. I don't have to spend as much time in the Kelp Beds so I'm actually starting to eat into reserves. Too many dragons.

So mostly the answer is sheer time. Time on the site and time spent in the coliseum leveling fodder and keeping my population down.
It took me years to build up the full stacks of gathering foods. I moved a lot of dragons into the hibden when that came out. And I used to do more in the coli so I built up a cushion. I don't seem to do as much anymore now that I've finally started using a Mire Flyer. I don't have to spend as much time in the Kelp Beds so I'm actually starting to eat into reserves. Too many dragons.

So mostly the answer is sheer time. Time on the site and time spent in the coliseum leveling fodder and keeping my population down.
LvA Contribution
I'm a fulltime exalter. I could feed several lairs my size just on Mire drops.
I'm a fulltime exalter. I could feed several lairs my size just on Mire drops.
Lot's of time trying to collect every familiar in the coli (and refusing to buy most of them. It's the principle of the matter.)

That and letting my insect only dragons starve a lot of the time. My lair used to be all faes, until I managed to store 10k extra plant points, and had no insect, so I sent most of them on their merry way.

If I'm going to sell fodder, leveled or not, they can still enter the coli at I think 30 hunger left? certainly at 18 left, so I tend not to feed those guys unless I'm at the edge of losing the well fed bonus.

Get into guardians as fodder breeders, so you can toss whatever food you have the most of at them, or plentiful breeds in general to limit food per fodder gained. Tundras would be good for that if you're drowning in extra plants. If you don't like the look of them that's fine, they're being exalted anyways.

I'm still lower on insects than anything else, but I've got a buffer of a month converted, instead of nothing at all.
Lot's of time trying to collect every familiar in the coli (and refusing to buy most of them. It's the principle of the matter.)

That and letting my insect only dragons starve a lot of the time. My lair used to be all faes, until I managed to store 10k extra plant points, and had no insect, so I sent most of them on their merry way.

If I'm going to sell fodder, leveled or not, they can still enter the coli at I think 30 hunger left? certainly at 18 left, so I tend not to feed those guys unless I'm at the edge of losing the well fed bonus.

Get into guardians as fodder breeders, so you can toss whatever food you have the most of at them, or plentiful breeds in general to limit food per fodder gained. Tundras would be good for that if you're drowning in extra plants. If you don't like the look of them that's fine, they're being exalted anyways.

I'm still lower on insects than anything else, but I've got a buffer of a month converted, instead of nothing at all.
I feel like you Have to be a dedicated Coli grinder in order to have tons of food stores. I have used the Coli as a main activity for several years and I don't let my food points go below 10k for each type...and I still have lots leftover to store in my hoard!
I feel like you Have to be a dedicated Coli grinder in order to have tons of food stores. I have used the Coli as a main activity for several years and I don't let my food points go below 10k for each type...and I still have lots leftover to store in my hoard!
CLljvdp.png
[quote name="DarkInfernape" date="2024-03-10 11:51:12" ] Lot's of time trying to collect every familiar in the coli (and refusing to buy most of them. It's the principle of the matter.) [/quote] this, big time. I just kept doing the coli and built up HUGE stores in my larder, and since I grind every fest I am constantly in the black where food consumption is concerned. also, if you're looking for mums, I do suggest you switch to selective feeding style and Make your dragons eat those extra plants; you've got a lot of active dragons that do eat plants, just not preferentially. you can turn on selective feeding under Account Settings under Feed Style, and then just make everyone eat their vegetables. it's what I do since I also mainly forage and plants are generally the least profitable food type, so I make everyone eat their greens to protect my green. huge sorry if you already knew about all this about selective feeding tho orz
DarkInfernape wrote on 2024-03-10 11:51:12:
this, big time. I just kept doing the coli and built up HUGE stores in my larder, and since I grind every fest I am constantly in the black where food consumption is concerned.

also, if you're looking for mums, I do suggest you switch to selective feeding style and Make your dragons eat those extra plants; you've got a lot of active dragons that do eat plants, just not preferentially. you can turn on selective feeding under Account Settings under Feed Style, and then just make everyone eat their vegetables. it's what I do since I also mainly forage and plants are generally the least profitable food type, so I make everyone eat their greens to protect my green.

huge sorry if you already knew about all this about selective feeding tho orz
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
Coli. It's 100% the Coli.

I have a smaller lair and I practically live in the Coliseum. I'm either training new permas to Lvl. 25, leveling fodder for that sweet sweet exalt money, or I'm doing a stupidly grindy Coliseum challenge. I never go into the Coliseum thinking "I'm here because I need food," and I think that helps with longevity because mass quantities of food then become a very nice bonus after your first priority. My dragons will never starve because I have thousands of food points racked up and ready AND stacks upon stacks of unconverted food.
Coli. It's 100% the Coli.

I have a smaller lair and I practically live in the Coliseum. I'm either training new permas to Lvl. 25, leveling fodder for that sweet sweet exalt money, or I'm doing a stupidly grindy Coliseum challenge. I never go into the Coliseum thinking "I'm here because I need food," and I think that helps with longevity because mass quantities of food then become a very nice bonus after your first priority. My dragons will never starve because I have thousands of food points racked up and ready AND stacks upon stacks of unconverted food.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png