Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | List dragon ID in auction mail
I put a lot of unnamed dragons up for auction, since most people want to name their own dragon, so when those auctions sell or expire and I get a mail about them it just says that unnamed sold/didn't sell, which makes it really hard to figure out which dragon sold/didn't. It would be really fantastic if the email could list the Dragon ID in the email so that I could quickly figure out which auction I should be updating in my spreadsheet instead of having to dig through pages of dragons to guess.

Yes, I know there is the auction history, but it only goes back a handful of events, and includes ones I purchased as well, which means that I might end up overriding the meaningful history there, which is why I feel that this would be so useful.

A longer auction history would be nice, but I know that would be a greater drain on site resources due to database entries and such, whereas the mail would only take a moment of the server's time to look up and include.

Anyone else feel this would be useful?
I put a lot of unnamed dragons up for auction, since most people want to name their own dragon, so when those auctions sell or expire and I get a mail about them it just says that unnamed sold/didn't sell, which makes it really hard to figure out which dragon sold/didn't. It would be really fantastic if the email could list the Dragon ID in the email so that I could quickly figure out which auction I should be updating in my spreadsheet instead of having to dig through pages of dragons to guess.

Yes, I know there is the auction history, but it only goes back a handful of events, and includes ones I purchased as well, which means that I might end up overriding the meaningful history there, which is why I feel that this would be so useful.

A longer auction history would be nice, but I know that would be a greater drain on site resources due to database entries and such, whereas the mail would only take a moment of the server's time to look up and include.

Anyone else feel this would be useful?
Support. Only if the dragon ID comes back after it hasn't sold.
So for example (I'm assuming this is how you'd want the message to look)
"Unnamed (#00000) didn't sell"
I've yet to encounter this issue, but I'm sure for people such as yourself who sell loads of dragons this must be so time consuming. And this would streamline the AH process a little too
I've yet to encounter this issue, but I'm sure for people such as yourself who sell loads of dragons this must be so time consuming. And this would streamline the AH process a little too
XcyS55e.png
Complete support. ouo
Complete support. ouo
tumblr_nc6gkdGLZV1sp5grco1_500.gif

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8498-9780
Support. I've named dragons because I wanted a record of which ones sold and which didn't.
Support. I've named dragons because I wanted a record of which ones sold and which didn't.
dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
[quote name="ellobomalo" date="2014-08-04 18:31:17"]Support. Only if the dragon ID comes back after it hasn't sold. So for example (I'm assuming this is how you'd want the message to look) "Unnamed (#00000) didn't sell" I've yet to encounter this issue, but I'm sure for people such as yourself who sell loads of dragons this must be so time consuming. And this would streamline the AH process a little too[/quote] @ellobomalo Exactly, something like that would be fantastic so that I can quickly look at my spreadsheet and see where that dragon is in my list and mark it as sold or didn't sell. I keep track of both sales and failures since it helps me gauge the market and see what's the going price point for that particular style of dragon. :)
ellobomalo wrote on 2014-08-04 18:31:17:

@ellobomalo Exactly, something like that would be fantastic so that I can quickly look at my spreadsheet and see where that dragon is in my list and mark it as sold or didn't sell. I keep track of both sales and failures since it helps me gauge the market and see what's the going price point for that particular style of dragon. :)
Support.

While you can go to the Auction House, then Activity, then History, it only records a few things. Extra purchases/large amounts of expired auctions can drop others off that single-page list.

I also support for BOTH expired AND sold auctions. I don't always name my dragons before they sell because I want the buyer to have the freedom to name them what they like... there were times where I spent 3 days trying to figure out who on earth I sold because it was just "Unnamed" and it sold minutes before everything else flooded me with Expired.
Support.

While you can go to the Auction House, then Activity, then History, it only records a few things. Extra purchases/large amounts of expired auctions can drop others off that single-page list.

I also support for BOTH expired AND sold auctions. I don't always name my dragons before they sell because I want the buyer to have the freedom to name them what they like... there were times where I spent 3 days trying to figure out who on earth I sold because it was just "Unnamed" and it sold minutes before everything else flooded me with Expired.
aDERPtables