Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | thoughts on thread necroing?
1 2 3 4
Depends on context. I don't like when people bump old threads for no relevant reason, especially if the topic is outdated and people ping users who commented years ago. The worst ones is when people dig up drama (which luckily happens very rarely).

But otherwise I've always found people a bit too aggressive when it comes to shooting down people who bump old threads. Maybe its because I'm old, but it irritates me more when we get duplicate threads for the same topic over and over instead of sticking to one universal thread. The general forum is really wonderful in that regard, I wish some of the other forums worked the same way.
Depends on context. I don't like when people bump old threads for no relevant reason, especially if the topic is outdated and people ping users who commented years ago. The worst ones is when people dig up drama (which luckily happens very rarely).

But otherwise I've always found people a bit too aggressive when it comes to shooting down people who bump old threads. Maybe its because I'm old, but it irritates me more when we get duplicate threads for the same topic over and over instead of sticking to one universal thread. The general forum is really wonderful in that regard, I wish some of the other forums worked the same way.
im just glad theres one less thing people act like cops over
im just glad theres one less thing people act like cops over
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
I also find it irritating to see a hundred identical threads that all could've been one less repetitive conversation! The forum search button is there for a reason </old woman yelling at clouds>. And I wasn't playing when the ancient memes were popular, so I'm seeing the necroed ones for the first time ^^ Thomas was a trip!
I also find it irritating to see a hundred identical threads that all could've been one less repetitive conversation! The forum search button is there for a reason </old woman yelling at clouds>. And I wasn't playing when the ancient memes were popular, so I'm seeing the necroed ones for the first time ^^ Thomas was a trip!
_______ dT9HQge.png
mAiCJNJ.png
q9EEy5M.png
nWiQNX9.png
_______
_______
_______
_______
_______
_______
Arcane-Network.png
_______
_______
_______
_______
_______
_______
An Obelisk dragon head with bubbles floating around it
if the info is still relevant, it might be better to necro an old thread then to make a new one
if the info is still relevant, it might be better to necro an old thread then to make a new one

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
its really awkward when someone necros a thread where the op was giving away something for free or even selling something but they haven't been on the site in years. i understand that forum search is sorted by most relevent for whatever that means but there's no shortage of active threads with freebies how do you even dig up stuff that's years old? also i keep getting trolled whenever i see an art thread and i want to commission them but the user in question hasn't been active in like 6 years.

so yeah it can be very disruptive in the context of sales and services because its easy to overlook the timestamps and bother someone who stopped their services a long time ago, has abandoned their account. and there's even cases where the op is banned and everyone's talking to a brick wall.
its really awkward when someone necros a thread where the op was giving away something for free or even selling something but they haven't been on the site in years. i understand that forum search is sorted by most relevent for whatever that means but there's no shortage of active threads with freebies how do you even dig up stuff that's years old? also i keep getting trolled whenever i see an art thread and i want to commission them but the user in question hasn't been active in like 6 years.

so yeah it can be very disruptive in the context of sales and services because its easy to overlook the timestamps and bother someone who stopped their services a long time ago, has abandoned their account. and there's even cases where the op is banned and everyone's talking to a brick wall.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
Necroing timeless goofy meme threads: Good. Fantastic. Gold star.

Necroing a commerce-related thread if you're not the OP (e.g. "looking for pink g1s!!"): No. Bad. Spritzing you with a water bottle.

Everything else is just kind of whatever.
Necroing timeless goofy meme threads: Good. Fantastic. Gold star.

Necroing a commerce-related thread if you're not the OP (e.g. "looking for pink g1s!!"): No. Bad. Spritzing you with a water bottle.

Everything else is just kind of whatever.
he is going to eat your cursorthat sure is a dragonto the endless gardenwould a loving god have created spiral anatomy?wherein I try to draw my lairbuy these dragons before they eat all my foodthere's nothing in this book. you've been had.accent shop
I like thread revivals, and when I was a newer player felt like it was a tad bit sad and unfair to see some of the threads from like 2 years before I joined stuffed to the back of the forums and forgotten about, never to have any input ever again because of the rule (which I never fully understood)

I seriously didnt even register the change and then I realized that the 'I am but a simple farmer" and "what's the arcane spirit reading" threads came back with new additions and people bookmarking?? So that was pretty nice to see
It's like people digging up time capsules, I love the passage of time~
I like thread revivals, and when I was a newer player felt like it was a tad bit sad and unfair to see some of the threads from like 2 years before I joined stuffed to the back of the forums and forgotten about, never to have any input ever again because of the rule (which I never fully understood)

I seriously didnt even register the change and then I realized that the 'I am but a simple farmer" and "what's the arcane spirit reading" threads came back with new additions and people bookmarking?? So that was pretty nice to see
It's like people digging up time capsules, I love the passage of time~
Vyrus | Perpetually hungry | PM's/Friend Requests open
The good part about a forum over other social media is being able to necro. It lets you use old threads and add onto them/the topic without having to create multiple repetitive posts. As long as it's a reasonable bump, go for it!
The good part about a forum over other social media is being able to necro. It lets you use old threads and add onto them/the topic without having to create multiple repetitive posts. As long as it's a reasonable bump, go for it!
b6b79395300f38d126815a735af03192.pngtumblr_nkoy2v68mq1sjcj33o1_250.gif
Context matters. If a discussion thread that has ended with little to no room for additional discussion is necro-ed with no good contribution, then it can feel a little awkward and disorganised. However, if a proper contribution is made (exactly what is "proper" depends on the context) or it is a thread that doesn't feel "dead" in quite the same sense (such as widely-known meme threads), then I don't especially mind.

Sales threads that are clearly completed shouldn't be touched, but, a more open thread I don't see an issue with.
Context matters. If a discussion thread that has ended with little to no room for additional discussion is necro-ed with no good contribution, then it can feel a little awkward and disorganised. However, if a proper contribution is made (exactly what is "proper" depends on the context) or it is a thread that doesn't feel "dead" in quite the same sense (such as widely-known meme threads), then I don't especially mind.

Sales threads that are clearly completed shouldn't be touched, but, a more open thread I don't see an issue with.
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
If it’s a meme thread (Like “realization” or the Arcane Sprite thing or a “timeless” discussion thread, it’s good. If it’s something like a help thread, it’s probably best to leave it.
If it’s a meme thread (Like “realization” or the Arcane Sprite thing or a “timeless” discussion thread, it’s good. If it’s something like a help thread, it’s probably best to leave it.
?1yJ3f=platform.png
RSUsSvx.png
1 2 3 4