Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [LF] 1x1 Full-lit RP Partner (Closed)
1 2
~~Closed for Now~~

Howdy! I'm back on the search for an RP partner, so read on for what I am interested in and what I look for in a long term RP. If you feel as if you're the one I'm looking for then feel free to reach out - I promise I don't bite ^^

You can find me on Discord (same handle as FR) or reply here or drop a PM. I check Discord far more frequently than FR and all of my RPs have moved off site, but I'll stick around on-site if it's the only thread we can have in common :P

A little about me, then:
  • M/21
  • Call me Shadow!
  • Full-lit, but writing is an art so I may bend the rules a touch~
  • Multi-paragraph posts by default
  • I may conjure up multiple replies a week or just one. I'm trying to become more consistent!
  • World building and plot creation is all that occupies my headspace ^^
  • I enjoy OOC chatter about life, music, games, and more :D

My RPs tend to be:
  • Plot driven, not character driven. With that said, relationships and bonding are important, though romance should not be the main arc (but I don't mind it ^^)
  • Long term, as in months or years. Any one-shots that happen are great but they tend to only happen once the main RP has been going for a bit...
  • Light & heavy. There will likely be angst and fluff, loss and growth, pain and recovery. Conflict is ever-present and resolutions are fun to write!

What I'm looking for in a partner:
  • Full-lit - I won't ding for occasional grammatical or spelling errors, but that's about all I can accept. Language may be an art but there are still rules and structure beneath it all! Flow and cadence are important to me.
  • Golden rule of improv - unless accounted for in our plotting or world building, I strive to provide a "yes, and..." in my replies and I expect the same from a partner. Promise to bring a towel if you've read this!
  • Communication - I may not be timely in my responses. I will, however, check in and make sure to let you know that it might be a while. Please extend the same courtesy if life's being rude or if you need an out, there'll be no hard feelings, I promise :)

Here are some examples of how I write: RP Sample
I am subscribed to this thread! No need to ping me ^^
~~Closed for Now~~

Howdy! I'm back on the search for an RP partner, so read on for what I am interested in and what I look for in a long term RP. If you feel as if you're the one I'm looking for then feel free to reach out - I promise I don't bite ^^

You can find me on Discord (same handle as FR) or reply here or drop a PM. I check Discord far more frequently than FR and all of my RPs have moved off site, but I'll stick around on-site if it's the only thread we can have in common :P

A little about me, then:
  • M/21
  • Call me Shadow!
  • Full-lit, but writing is an art so I may bend the rules a touch~
  • Multi-paragraph posts by default
  • I may conjure up multiple replies a week or just one. I'm trying to become more consistent!
  • World building and plot creation is all that occupies my headspace ^^
  • I enjoy OOC chatter about life, music, games, and more :D

My RPs tend to be:
  • Plot driven, not character driven. With that said, relationships and bonding are important, though romance should not be the main arc (but I don't mind it ^^)
  • Long term, as in months or years. Any one-shots that happen are great but they tend to only happen once the main RP has been going for a bit...
  • Light & heavy. There will likely be angst and fluff, loss and growth, pain and recovery. Conflict is ever-present and resolutions are fun to write!

What I'm looking for in a partner:
  • Full-lit - I won't ding for occasional grammatical or spelling errors, but that's about all I can accept. Language may be an art but there are still rules and structure beneath it all! Flow and cadence are important to me.
  • Golden rule of improv - unless accounted for in our plotting or world building, I strive to provide a "yes, and..." in my replies and I expect the same from a partner. Promise to bring a towel if you've read this!
  • Communication - I may not be timely in my responses. I will, however, check in and make sure to let you know that it might be a while. Please extend the same courtesy if life's being rude or if you need an out, there'll be no hard feelings, I promise :)

Here are some examples of how I write: RP Sample
I am subscribed to this thread! No need to ping me ^^
bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png Barracuda
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
OL: 04:00~19:00
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
Now onto the ideas. I was once an avid fandom RPer but I've slowly built plots that are more fandom-adjacent or fandom-inspired. Canon can change, interpretations can vary, and I don't want rigid scaffolding around our little bastion of creativity! [b]Fandom Inspired:[/b] Temeraire book series/Leviathan trilogy [LIST] [*]WWI AU where dragons are used for war. Nations build up their aerial forces with fearsome winged beasts and intrepid aircrews. [*]I have a fairly fleshed out plot for this already with a number of story arcs of varying length. [*]There may be gritty and dark themes interspersed with lighter, fluffier scenes and arcs. I intend this to be somewhat faithful to the source material in terms of realism. [/LIST] The Wandering Village game [LIST] [*]Essentially a tale about living in the sky on the back of a dragon (or dragons!) waiting for a broken world to heal. [*]Open ended, no definite plotline or arcs yet. Plenty of world building opportunity here! [*]Adventure/Exploration themed, possibly with dice-rolling or other RNG elements [/LIST] Spirited Away (Spirits & Shapeshifters) [list] [*]I'll entertain anything to do with spirits and shapeshifters! Could be modern or not, with humans or just spirits [*]I have some ideas revolving around a homeless river spirit but I see this as a plot and world building exercise so just hit me with ideas if this interests you ^^ [/list] [b]General Ideas:[/b] These are less based on existing material and encompass broader themes I tend to enjoy in RPs. I have written these here for reference but I am happy to play almost anything so long as it involves dragons, shapeshifting, and/or magic ;) Full disclosure: I'm currently more invested in one of the above topics than starting a new idea from scratch. With that said, a good idea might be the spark for something amazing, so don't hesitate to reach out if any of the following interest you, too! Post-apocalyptic Survival [LIST] [*]Nuclear War/MAD [*]Pandemic/Plague (is this too on the nose...?) [*]Ice Age/Environmental Disaster (Ditto) [/LIST] Sci-Fi [LIST] [*]Space/Exoplanet Exploration [*]Save the Planet! (Interstellar, Project Hail Mary, etc) [*]Laboratory experiments gone wrong... [*]Synthetic/Biomimetic/Advanced Robotics [/LIST] Shenanigans [LIST] [*]Fantasy x Modern (Stuck in a world that is not yours...) [*]Alternative Timeline/Time Travel [*]Video Game Logic [/LIST] A non-exhaustive list of keywords or themes I am interested in: [LIST] [*]Modern AU [*]Historical Fiction [*]Medieval Fantasy [*]Modern Fantasy [*]Shapeshifters [*]Yokai & Spirits [*]Dragons! [/LIST]
Now onto the ideas. I was once an avid fandom RPer but I've slowly built plots that are more fandom-adjacent or fandom-inspired. Canon can change, interpretations can vary, and I don't want rigid scaffolding around our little bastion of creativity!

Fandom Inspired:

Temeraire book series/Leviathan trilogy
  • WWI AU where dragons are used for war. Nations build up their aerial forces with fearsome winged beasts and intrepid aircrews.
  • I have a fairly fleshed out plot for this already with a number of story arcs of varying length.
  • There may be gritty and dark themes interspersed with lighter, fluffier scenes and arcs. I intend this to be somewhat faithful to the source material in terms of realism.

The Wandering Village game
  • Essentially a tale about living in the sky on the back of a dragon (or dragons!) waiting for a broken world to heal.
  • Open ended, no definite plotline or arcs yet. Plenty of world building opportunity here!
  • Adventure/Exploration themed, possibly with dice-rolling or other RNG elements

Spirited Away (Spirits & Shapeshifters)
  • I'll entertain anything to do with spirits and shapeshifters! Could be modern or not, with humans or just spirits
  • I have some ideas revolving around a homeless river spirit but I see this as a plot and world building exercise so just hit me with ideas if this interests you ^^

General Ideas:
These are less based on existing material and encompass broader themes I tend to enjoy in RPs. I have written these here for reference but I am happy to play almost anything so long as it involves dragons, shapeshifting, and/or magic ;)
Full disclosure: I'm currently more invested in one of the above topics than starting a new idea from scratch. With that said, a good idea might be the spark for something amazing, so don't hesitate to reach out if any of the following interest you, too!

Post-apocalyptic Survival
  • Nuclear War/MAD
  • Pandemic/Plague (is this too on the nose...?)
  • Ice Age/Environmental Disaster (Ditto)

Sci-Fi
  • Space/Exoplanet Exploration
  • Save the Planet! (Interstellar, Project Hail Mary, etc)
  • Laboratory experiments gone wrong...
  • Synthetic/Biomimetic/Advanced Robotics

Shenanigans
  • Fantasy x Modern (Stuck in a world that is not yours...)
  • Alternative Timeline/Time Travel
  • Video Game Logic

A non-exhaustive list of keywords or themes I am interested in:
  • Modern AU
  • Historical Fiction
  • Medieval Fantasy
  • Modern Fantasy
  • Shapeshifters
  • Yokai & Spirits
  • Dragons!
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
@shadowchaser

Good evening. Are you by chance still looking?
@shadowchaser

Good evening. Are you by chance still looking?
@Eaglerider

That I am ^^
Fancy seeing you here again!
@Eaglerider

That I am ^^
Fancy seeing you here again!
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
@shadowchaser

Hello again. Been long time. (Unless time is escaping me again...)
How are you?

I'm interested in several of your ideas.
@shadowchaser

Hello again. Been long time. (Unless time is escaping me again...)
How are you?

I'm interested in several of your ideas.
@Eaglerider

Oh? Do tell me more :D
Feel free to add me on Discord too for plotting purposes
@Eaglerider

Oh? Do tell me more :D
Feel free to add me on Discord too for plotting purposes
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
boop
boop
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
beep
beep
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
I would be interested in working on a fantasy plot, or I have an idea for a sci fi, advanced robotics plot we could discuss
I would be interested in working on a fantasy plot, or I have an idea for a sci fi, advanced robotics plot we could discuss
tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
Hello! There have been quite a few comments on this post, but I'd like to shoot myself out there anyway!
I totally understand the concerns of yours with grammar, I am much the same. I believe I have a similar writing style to yours as well!

If you are interested, I would be very pleased to do a modern fantasy! That is my primary interest, but I would certainly be willing to try others as well! Shapeshifters sounds intriguing!
So you have a certain kind of character theme you prefer? A kind you use or a theme you'd like me to use.
I promise I'll bring a towel! (I think that's what you meant lol)
Hello! There have been quite a few comments on this post, but I'd like to shoot myself out there anyway!
I totally understand the concerns of yours with grammar, I am much the same. I believe I have a similar writing style to yours as well!

If you are interested, I would be very pleased to do a modern fantasy! That is my primary interest, but I would certainly be willing to try others as well! Shapeshifters sounds intriguing!
So you have a certain kind of character theme you prefer? A kind you use or a theme you'd like me to use.
I promise I'll bring a towel! (I think that's what you meant lol)
irskxY8.png KNIYijE.gif
9d51d7a914524a8.png
Rcu3MKx.png
8th2X7B.gif 0cb127b26d19a6c92651ff1998fb4012374c6173.png
1 2