Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Mini Visual Guide: Transmution Materials
----- [center][b]Baldwin's Transmutation Materials: A Quick Visual Guide[/b][/center] ----- [center][i]Trying to figure out what recipe you need to brew so you can make that [b]other[/b] recipe? Can't figure out all those pesky materials you need for Imbued Sulfur? Need to see things laid out all in one place? Try this handy guide![/i][/center] [center][i]Thank you to [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3305813/1]The Front Page forum newsletter[/url] for the feature in their [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3305813/19#post_56359693]March 10th, 2024 edition[/url]![/i][/center] Hello, everyone! I made the first version of this visual guide back in April of 2023. I figured it wouldn't need to be updated... well, ever... but then mods overhauled Baldwin's system in July 2023. (Great timing, guys.) Since then, some lovely people have expressed interest in this, so I figured I'd fix it! Here's an updated version, along with a changelog. I realized landscape orientation is awful for mobile (or, indeed, any device), so I've created a portrait orientation version with some additional bells and whistles. NOTE: These are larger images, so they might take a moment to load, and slower devices may struggle a little with them. [center][b]PORTRAIT MODE[/b][/center] [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/3f/ce/oWDxOY6s_o.png[/img] [center][b]LANDSCAPE MODE (UPDATED)[/b][/center] [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/8c/30/UJjb5BIS_o.png[/img] [b]Official Baldwin Adjustment Update Posts:[/b] Baldwin Update for Levels 1 - 5: Announced July 9th, 2023, in the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3254351]thread "Butterfly Ball!"[/url] Baldwin Update for Levels 6 - 10: Announced September 10th, 2023, in the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3272348]thread "Baldwin Adjustments & Tendriltrails"[/url] [b]UPDATE PINGLIST[/b] For when staff adjusts Baldwin again. :) [pinglist=23877] [b]CHANGELOG: March 11, 2024[/b] [LIST] [*] Added Update Notes section [*] Updated recipes to March 2024 standards [*] Portrait Mode added [*] Portrait Mode: Added a text guide to material type conversions [*] Portrait Mode: Added visuals for the raw materials for Imbued Sulfur [/LIST] [b] Thanks for reading! As always, please let me know if you spot any errors. [center]----- ----- [b]Original Post[/b] -----[/center] Hey, folks. I am remarkably tired today, and my single braincell couldn't figure out how various transmutation materials brewed at Baldwin's worked together (what are Glass Beakers used for, again? and when do you use those versus Reinforced Beakers?). I figured I'd make a rough visual guide for myself, since I don't have the capacity to do anything else productive today. Then I found a new fun toy to make mindmaps with (Excalidraw, for the curious), and it got... a little out of hand. So I figured I might as well put it up for other tired people whose minds prefer visual maps to text. It's a bit low-effort, but, well, a lonely braincell can only do so much. It is a rather large image (for forums, anyway) at 3 megabits, so please keep that in mind. (There is a nearly 10 megabit version. I figured nobody needed that level of detail.) Here you are: [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/dd/33/FGjq7O8B_o.png[/img] Please let me know if you notice any errors!

Baldwin's Transmutation Materials: A Quick Visual Guide

Trying to figure out what recipe you need to brew so you can make that other recipe? Can't figure out all those pesky materials you need for Imbued Sulfur? Need to see things laid out all in one place? Try this handy guide!
Thank you to The Front Page forum newsletter for the feature in their March 10th, 2024 edition!

Hello, everyone! I made the first version of this visual guide back in April of 2023. I figured it wouldn't need to be updated... well, ever... but then mods overhauled Baldwin's system in July 2023. (Great timing, guys.) Since then, some lovely people have expressed interest in this, so I figured I'd fix it!

Here's an updated version, along with a changelog. I realized landscape orientation is awful for mobile (or, indeed, any device), so I've created a portrait orientation version with some additional bells and whistles.

NOTE: These are larger images, so they might take a moment to load, and slower devices may struggle a little with them.
PORTRAIT MODE
oWDxOY6s_o.png
LANDSCAPE MODE (UPDATED)
UJjb5BIS_o.png

Official Baldwin Adjustment Update Posts:
Baldwin Update for Levels 1 - 5: Announced July 9th, 2023, in the thread "Butterfly Ball!"
Baldwin Update for Levels 6 - 10: Announced September 10th, 2023, in the thread "Baldwin Adjustments & Tendriltrails"

UPDATE PINGLIST
For when staff adjusts Baldwin again. :)

CHANGELOG: March 11, 2024
  • Added Update Notes section
  • Updated recipes to March 2024 standards
  • Portrait Mode added
  • Portrait Mode: Added a text guide to material type conversions
  • Portrait Mode: Added visuals for the raw materials for Imbued Sulfur

Thanks for reading! As always, please let me know if you spot any errors.

Original Post
Hey, folks. I am remarkably tired today, and my single braincell couldn't figure out how various transmutation materials brewed at Baldwin's worked together (what are Glass Beakers used for, again? and when do you use those versus Reinforced Beakers?).

I figured I'd make a rough visual guide for myself, since I don't have the capacity to do anything else productive today. Then I found a new fun toy to make mindmaps with (Excalidraw, for the curious), and it got... a little out of hand. So I figured I might as well put it up for other tired people whose minds prefer visual maps to text. It's a bit low-effort, but, well, a lonely braincell can only do so much.

It is a rather large image (for forums, anyway) at 3 megabits, so please keep that in mind. (There is a nearly 10 megabit version. I figured nobody needed that level of detail.)

Here you are:

FGjq7O8B_o.png

Please let me know if you notice any errors!
rowanhart ~ she/her ~ windy

zS7zdCY.pngSiu8EQv.png mTFU87v.png
___
VgQr1kz.png
oX8CbtU9_o.png 2NHNerQ.gif
This is beautifully made and very helpful! I'm trying to write a Baldwin's guide right now - would you mind if I linked to this post in it?
This is beautifully made and very helpful! I'm trying to write a Baldwin's guide right now - would you mind if I linked to this post in it?
A red-throated hummingbird diving left! A red lantern with red butterflies flying around it An orange lantern with orange butterflies flying around itA coffee pot with a creature in itA tan cat with an owl face and wings
@wren16

Aww, thanks! Go for it, I'd love to see it used elsewhere. I know there's been some updates since I initially published this one, though, so I think a couple numbers are off (I know for sure three Glass Beakers are produced by the recipe now instead of two). I honestly forgot about this so I haven't updated it yet. Might look into doing that now though :) I'll edit the post if I do.

Good luck with your guide! I'd love a ping when you're done with it.
@wren16

Aww, thanks! Go for it, I'd love to see it used elsewhere. I know there's been some updates since I initially published this one, though, so I think a couple numbers are off (I know for sure three Glass Beakers are produced by the recipe now instead of two). I honestly forgot about this so I haven't updated it yet. Might look into doing that now though :) I'll edit the post if I do.

Good luck with your guide! I'd love a ping when you're done with it.

___
VgQr1kz.png
@wren16

Hello! I thought I'd let you know I updated the guide and put together a portrait orientation version. Hopefully that helps! :)
@wren16

Hello! I thought I'd let you know I updated the guide and put together a portrait orientation version. Hopefully that helps! :)

___
VgQr1kz.png
@Rowanhart Wow! Thats great!

Still working on the guide (the Google doc is 9 pages long...) but I'm getting there! I'll ping you when it's up
@Rowanhart Wow! Thats great!

Still working on the guide (the Google doc is 9 pages long...) but I'm getting there! I'll ping you when it's up
A red-throated hummingbird diving left! A red lantern with red butterflies flying around it An orange lantern with orange butterflies flying around itA coffee pot with a creature in itA tan cat with an owl face and wings