Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breeding Centers ^_^
1 2
Having to send dragons to other ppl is kind of hassle & thats after you find the lair.
im putting breeding centers in a game im currently working on so thought id share the idea
idk which tab it would go in
you could have a certain amount of available nest a week so players cant abuse it
Ex;
Shadow | Nest Available; 27/100
Arcane | Nest Available; 33/100
Water | Nest Available; 60/100
etc..
gem cost? idk..id limit 3 nest rentals per account
Having to send dragons to other ppl is kind of hassle & thats after you find the lair.
im putting breeding centers in a game im currently working on so thought id share the idea
idk which tab it would go in
you could have a certain amount of available nest a week so players cant abuse it
Ex;
Shadow | Nest Available; 27/100
Arcane | Nest Available; 33/100
Water | Nest Available; 60/100
etc..
gem cost? idk..id limit 3 nest rentals per account
giphy.gif
I can support this with a few tweaks.
  • I think this should be just a limit of nests on an all-time basis rather than per week. It keeps it more simple to learn by having it be like the nest system we have. I don’t get what abuse could occur aside from more nests. But maybe it can use the 5 nests you already have anyways.
  • Have it be either treasure cost or gem cost based on what the owner of the nest requests. This makes more elements available to everyone.
  • Ensure each user have at least 5 lair spaces. Maybe 2 extra if we were to consider the breeding pair moving to another lair. Make sure both individuals can incubate their nests to make sure their pair don’t get locked in.
I can support this with a few tweaks.
  • I think this should be just a limit of nests on an all-time basis rather than per week. It keeps it more simple to learn by having it be like the nest system we have. I don’t get what abuse could occur aside from more nests. But maybe it can use the 5 nests you already have anyways.
  • Have it be either treasure cost or gem cost based on what the owner of the nest requests. This makes more elements available to everyone.
  • Ensure each user have at least 5 lair spaces. Maybe 2 extra if we were to consider the breeding pair moving to another lair. Make sure both individuals can incubate their nests to make sure their pair don’t get locked in.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
Honestly, I would prefer a (to me) far simpler solution of just being able to brew nest change items. So, you could brew an item of 'shadow nest' and it would temporarily change one of your nests (first open, so the next breeding you do will be in that nest) into a shadow nest. After the nest has been hatched, it goes back to normal and you would have to brew another item to change the nest to another flight's.

I feel something like this would 'fix' any issues that might arise from something like an official nest rental mechanic, or adding a nest to what the users already have.
Honestly, I would prefer a (to me) far simpler solution of just being able to brew nest change items. So, you could brew an item of 'shadow nest' and it would temporarily change one of your nests (first open, so the next breeding you do will be in that nest) into a shadow nest. After the nest has been hatched, it goes back to normal and you would have to brew another item to change the nest to another flight's.

I feel something like this would 'fix' any issues that might arise from something like an official nest rental mechanic, or adding a nest to what the users already have.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I personnally wouldn't like a nest change item because I'd much rather the nest rental mechanic come with a way to breed your dragon with someone else's. So, support for anything that allow nest rental as it might lead to a way to breed with someone else's dragon down the line...
I personnally wouldn't like a nest change item because I'd much rather the nest rental mechanic come with a way to breed your dragon with someone else's. So, support for anything that allow nest rental as it might lead to a way to breed with someone else's dragon down the line...
I do support the nest-change item that Jemadar mentioned, but I have also always supported some type of site-sanctioned, safe P2P breeding too. I'm not 100% certain how the latter would work. In my mind, it'd be like the Crossroads where players can look up their friends, sent a set amount of treasure (optional) for the breeding, divide up the eggs amongst themselves, and breeding their dragons, with each player being responsible for incubating their own eggs (and some type of phantom clone of the other player's mate so as not to hold someone else's dragon hostage by not incubating a nest). However, other players have mentioned they prefer a more anonymous? form of P2P breeding that would work more like the AH where strangers would list dragons to breed, and then they could purchase a one-time breeding with that dragon--one person gets all the money, one person gets all the eggs. I'm not sure which is best, because if I want to breed with my friends directly, I don't want to wade through something like AH listings---but if players want to breed with strangers, wading through forums would be equally tedious.
I do support the nest-change item that Jemadar mentioned, but I have also always supported some type of site-sanctioned, safe P2P breeding too. I'm not 100% certain how the latter would work. In my mind, it'd be like the Crossroads where players can look up their friends, sent a set amount of treasure (optional) for the breeding, divide up the eggs amongst themselves, and breeding their dragons, with each player being responsible for incubating their own eggs (and some type of phantom clone of the other player's mate so as not to hold someone else's dragon hostage by not incubating a nest). However, other players have mentioned they prefer a more anonymous? form of P2P breeding that would work more like the AH where strangers would list dragons to breed, and then they could purchase a one-time breeding with that dragon--one person gets all the money, one person gets all the eggs. I'm not sure which is best, because if I want to breed with my friends directly, I don't want to wade through something like AH listings---but if players want to breed with strangers, wading through forums would be equally tedious.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2024-02-23 13:13:33" ] Honestly, I would prefer a (to me) far simpler solution of just being able to brew nest change items. So, you could brew an item of 'shadow nest' and it would temporarily change one of your nests (first open, so the next breeding you do will be in that nest) into a shadow nest. After the nest has been hatched, it goes back to normal and you would have to brew another item to change the nest to another flight's. I feel something like this would 'fix' any issues that might arise from something like an official nest rental mechanic, or adding a nest to what the users already have. [/quote] Ohhhh I like this idea!! As someone who has decided to not send my dragons to other players for nest rentals or dorming, I don't like having to effectively "compete" against people who are willing to take the ownership risk.
Jemadar wrote on 2024-02-23 13:13:33:

Ohhhh I like this idea!! As someone who has decided to not send my dragons to other players for nest rentals or dorming, I don't like having to effectively "compete" against people who are willing to take the ownership risk.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
[quote name="YuleLad" date="2024-02-23 13:18:21" ] I personnally wouldn't like a nest change item because I'd much rather the nest rental mechanic come with a way to breed your dragon with someone else's. So, support for anything that allow nest rental as it might lead to a way to breed with someone else's dragon down the line... [/quote] Personally I would prefer two party breeding (ie, I breed my dragon with your dragon) to be separate from nest rentals, so I do support a mechanic to do it. I have always just prefered to have ways to do things in games that don't require contacting another player to do. So, to me, having the ability to hatch dragons of a different element be reliant on a nest rental system isn't ideal. Two party breeding, by its nature, is something that requires contact with another player, so I have no issues with that. Speaking about two party breeding, I could see having a way to put dragons up for 'stud' (using this term to refer to both males and females being put up, not just males), and other players can then choose to breed with those dragons. Perhaps it could be an AH like system, so people can sort through the dragons to find what they want, like Gema mentions. There could also be a 'private' section where players can do specific breedings with players. I know sylestia has a system like this, where you can put a pet up for breeding. The player that puts the pet up gets whatever money they charged for the breeding, and their pet goes on cooldown. The other party gets the offspring, and their pet also goes on cooldown. There is also a way to put a pet up for breeding with only a specific player's pets. Their breeding system is a bit different, since you only get one offspring, and while it is an egg, it doesn't need to be incubated (it can be nurtured for bonuses and/or faster hatching, but it will hatch regardless), so those would need to be accounted for. As for which nest it would be incubated in/take up, I would say that since the person paying for the breeding gets the egg(s), it should be their nest that gets used.
YuleLad wrote on 2024-02-23 13:18:21:
Personally I would prefer two party breeding (ie, I breed my dragon with your dragon) to be separate from nest rentals, so I do support a mechanic to do it.

I have always just prefered to have ways to do things in games that don't require contacting another player to do. So, to me, having the ability to hatch dragons of a different element be reliant on a nest rental system isn't ideal.

Two party breeding, by its nature, is something that requires contact with another player, so I have no issues with that.

Speaking about two party breeding, I could see having a way to put dragons up for 'stud' (using this term to refer to both males and females being put up, not just males), and other players can then choose to breed with those dragons. Perhaps it could be an AH like system, so people can sort through the dragons to find what they want, like Gema mentions. There could also be a 'private' section where players can do specific breedings with players.

I know sylestia has a system like this, where you can put a pet up for breeding. The player that puts the pet up gets whatever money they charged for the breeding, and their pet goes on cooldown.

The other party gets the offspring, and their pet also goes on cooldown.

There is also a way to put a pet up for breeding with only a specific player's pets.

Their breeding system is a bit different, since you only get one offspring, and while it is an egg, it doesn't need to be incubated (it can be nurtured for bonuses and/or faster hatching, but it will hatch regardless), so those would need to be accounted for.

As for which nest it would be incubated in/take up, I would say that since the person paying for the breeding gets the egg(s), it should be their nest that gets used.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I don't think I'd like it too much if FR made P2P breeding a money OR eggs deal -- as in, Player 1 gets all the money, Player 2 gets all the eggs. That might work for breeding-with-strangers, maybe, depending on the individuals involved. But for my friends and me? If we're breeding dragons together, we're definitely going to want to split the eggs between the two of us. We could always Crossroads later, but that is tedious. That's why I prefer something like the Crossroads for P2P breeding where one side can put up money, the other side can put up money, one side can put up eggs, the other side can put up eggs--then both players agree and the dragons are bred. And incubation happens...somehow. The downside is that this isn't so convenient for stranger-to-stranger breeding--unless the P2P breeding system somehow had some type of "public listing" and "search" features built into it as well as a Crossroad-like divide of the proceeds, whatever the proceeds may be. (Heck, maybe it could even include items if players want a "trade this item for 1 breeding" thing.)
I don't think I'd like it too much if FR made P2P breeding a money OR eggs deal -- as in, Player 1 gets all the money, Player 2 gets all the eggs. That might work for breeding-with-strangers, maybe, depending on the individuals involved. But for my friends and me? If we're breeding dragons together, we're definitely going to want to split the eggs between the two of us. We could always Crossroads later, but that is tedious. That's why I prefer something like the Crossroads for P2P breeding where one side can put up money, the other side can put up money, one side can put up eggs, the other side can put up eggs--then both players agree and the dragons are bred. And incubation happens...somehow. The downside is that this isn't so convenient for stranger-to-stranger breeding--unless the P2P breeding system somehow had some type of "public listing" and "search" features built into it as well as a Crossroad-like divide of the proceeds, whatever the proceeds may be. (Heck, maybe it could even include items if players want a "trade this item for 1 breeding" thing.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
i was thinking about this just today! it would be super useful
a few ideas i had are that you could have the option to send money or items as payment (with a message box like in crossroads so you can discuss easily), you could choose whos nest to use and it would take one nest slot like normal, then players could choose how many eggs each person gets after breeding but before hatching (that way people are less likely to dump unwanted hatchlings on the other person). I was thinking if someones lair is full the hatchlings could be held at the breeding center for a certain amount of time until they have enough space or time runs out after which the other person can claim them or theyll be automatically exalted (that way they arent stuck with a full nest they cant use)
i was thinking about this just today! it would be super useful
a few ideas i had are that you could have the option to send money or items as payment (with a message box like in crossroads so you can discuss easily), you could choose whos nest to use and it would take one nest slot like normal, then players could choose how many eggs each person gets after breeding but before hatching (that way people are less likely to dump unwanted hatchlings on the other person). I was thinking if someones lair is full the hatchlings could be held at the breeding center for a certain amount of time until they have enough space or time runs out after which the other person can claim them or theyll be automatically exalted (that way they arent stuck with a full nest they cant use)
MsWGPQr.png
A crossroads style like Gema suggests would work better I think; that way instead of locking players into the option of getting eggs or getting funds only, they have the choice of swapping items for a breeding, splitting the eggs, or whatever kind of payment they agree is equal to a breeding. There's times when I've done a breeding with a friend for free no questions asked and just gave them the eggs bc they were doing a project, times I've split the eggs and times where we swapped items or did art/writing comms in exchange instead of using gold/treasure and losing the versatility would be a negative impact I think.

Maybe a little "breed anonymously" tick box or something? You put a dragon up to stud and if it's clicked then the site just does a straight "you get paid, other person gets the egg(s)" for anonymous breeding for people who want that and those are the listings the site shows in an AH style tab, and you can use the more crossroads style tab for private breedings directly without listing your dragon. If that makes sense? It does in my head but I'm not sure I explained it well enough lmao
A crossroads style like Gema suggests would work better I think; that way instead of locking players into the option of getting eggs or getting funds only, they have the choice of swapping items for a breeding, splitting the eggs, or whatever kind of payment they agree is equal to a breeding. There's times when I've done a breeding with a friend for free no questions asked and just gave them the eggs bc they were doing a project, times I've split the eggs and times where we swapped items or did art/writing comms in exchange instead of using gold/treasure and losing the versatility would be a negative impact I think.

Maybe a little "breed anonymously" tick box or something? You put a dragon up to stud and if it's clicked then the site just does a straight "you get paid, other person gets the egg(s)" for anonymous breeding for people who want that and those are the listings the site shows in an AH style tab, and you can use the more crossroads style tab for private breedings directly without listing your dragon. If that makes sense? It does in my head but I'm not sure I explained it well enough lmao
unknown.png
Coli Grinding Services
Current goal: ???: ???/??? saved (0/1 obtained)
1 2