Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Specific Flight Change Discount Idea
I know that the first flight change is free so that players can make a more informed decision on which flight they want later on, but sometimes you make a decision and realise the grass only looked greener on the other side.

My idea is that changing back to your original flight (the one you picked when you made your account) should cost somewhat less than 1500 gems; maybe 1000 or 1250 gems. This would benefit me because I'm saving up to change back to Arcane right now, but I wouldn't suggest it if I didn't think it was compatible with the intentions behind the cost.

I can't be the only one who used up their free flight change for a silly reason, and that's completely my responsibility, but it would be nice if it was easier to reverse that decision. I originally changed flights because I had let my dragons get completely hungry and my friend told me that Light flight had a player-run service to distribute food for free. I switched flights in order to come back to the game, and if the automatic food refill for returning players had existed back then, I never would have switched in the first place.

It feels unfair that I'm saving up more gems than I've ever spent on a single thing before just to reverse the consequences of something that I wouldn't have needed to do if I had waited a while longer to come back. I mean I'll do it, but it's rough.

This would also benefit people who switched flights due to peer pressure from people they no longer talk to. I definitely don't think it's the site's job to handle fallout from friend group drama, it would just be nice.

That's pretty much the core of my argument for this change: it would be nice!
I know that the first flight change is free so that players can make a more informed decision on which flight they want later on, but sometimes you make a decision and realise the grass only looked greener on the other side.

My idea is that changing back to your original flight (the one you picked when you made your account) should cost somewhat less than 1500 gems; maybe 1000 or 1250 gems. This would benefit me because I'm saving up to change back to Arcane right now, but I wouldn't suggest it if I didn't think it was compatible with the intentions behind the cost.

I can't be the only one who used up their free flight change for a silly reason, and that's completely my responsibility, but it would be nice if it was easier to reverse that decision. I originally changed flights because I had let my dragons get completely hungry and my friend told me that Light flight had a player-run service to distribute food for free. I switched flights in order to come back to the game, and if the automatic food refill for returning players had existed back then, I never would have switched in the first place.

It feels unfair that I'm saving up more gems than I've ever spent on a single thing before just to reverse the consequences of something that I wouldn't have needed to do if I had waited a while longer to come back. I mean I'll do it, but it's rough.

This would also benefit people who switched flights due to peer pressure from people they no longer talk to. I definitely don't think it's the site's job to handle fallout from friend group drama, it would just be nice.

That's pretty much the core of my argument for this change: it would be nice!
It’s not something I would use myself, but I like the idea.
It’s not something I would use myself, but I like the idea.
check out:
fishainsley.art
thanks love you
[quote name="M73" date="2024-02-18 10:08:04" ] It feels unfair that I'm saving up more gems than I've ever spent on a single thing before just to reverse the consequences of something that I wouldn't have needed to do if I had waited a while longer to come back. I mean I'll do it, but it's rough. [/quote] It's unfair... to experience the consequences of your own actions? Presumably the site itself didn't pressure or suggest that you move (as changing flights to get food, an optional thing that you can regain in a day, is a really extreme action I've literally never heard about), so why should it "pay" for you to move back? No support.
M73 wrote on 2024-02-18 10:08:04:

It's unfair... to experience the consequences of your own actions? Presumably the site itself didn't pressure or suggest that you move (as changing flights to get food, an optional thing that you can regain in a day, is a really extreme action I've literally never heard about), so why should it "pay" for you to move back? No support.
JQQ3Fjt.png
I think everything is expensive here. Most people move flights for different reasons so it's hard to predict why someone would want to change theirs.

In my opinion it would be a little bit tricky since everyone could just move flights to kinda cheat... It would be so easy to sabotage other flights and just "check" what they are planning in order to win the dominance

So imo it's not that straight forward in this case but i understand your frustration
I think everything is expensive here. Most people move flights for different reasons so it's hard to predict why someone would want to change theirs.

In my opinion it would be a little bit tricky since everyone could just move flights to kinda cheat... It would be so easy to sabotage other flights and just "check" what they are planning in order to win the dominance

So imo it's not that straight forward in this case but i understand your frustration
d797b7277058446cebbaa179b9f87b110dff6858.png
Responding to multiple people here because it seems less spammy, but I don't know the etiquette, so let me know if that's a bad way to reply. I also want to reiterate that I'm not saying it should be free or easy, just slightly less hard. I don't know the economy very well so please take the numbers I've mentioned as examples and not as concrete ideas. [quote name="RedWillia" date="2024-02-18 14:44:20" ] [quote name="M73" date="2024-02-18 10:08:04" ] It feels unfair that I'm saving up more gems than I've ever spent on a single thing before just to reverse the consequences of something that I wouldn't have needed to do if I had waited a while longer to come back. I mean I'll do it, but it's rough. [/quote] It's unfair... to experience the consequences of your own actions? Presumably the site itself didn't pressure or suggest that you move (as changing flights to get food, an optional thing that you can regain in a day, is a really extreme action I've literally never heard about), so why should it "pay" for you to move back? No support. [/quote] I think you've completely misunderstood where I'm making claims and where I'm just describing my feelings in my post. "It's unfair..." No, it [i]feels[/i] unfair. I choose my words carefully, and I [i]deliberately[/i] refrained from saying this was unfair because [b]I don't actually think it's unfair, I just wanted to describe the way it feels[/b]. I also made it [i]very[/i] clear elsewhere in my post that [b]I don't think it's the site's job to rescue players from their own decisions[/b]. I hope that if you post another response, you will read what I've said more carefully this time. You have taken me in bad faith and spoken to me like I'm trying to get away with something when all I am doing is suggesting something that, had it been implemented already, would have had me coming back to the site much sooner than now. It would not have just taken me a day to get the food I needed. When you have no hibernal den (because it's 2017), a lair full of COMPLETELY hungry dragons, very low gathering level in every skill, and no funds to buy food or fodder dragons, you can't even grind the coliseum for food. At the time I had no idea you could get food from the coliseum, anyway, and if my friend had told me that, I probably would've played fairgrounds until I could buy three dragons with full energy, but they didn't tell me, and so I didn't know. I also misunderstood the wording of the flight change thing, but that isn't FR's fault, so I didn't mention it before. I only mention it now to help you understand why I changed flights to get food: I thought that you only had to pay the fee if you wanted to change flights again before the cooldown was up. This misunderstanding is [b]obviously[/b] my responsibility and should not be taken as evidence supporting this suggestion. Anyway, I don't think that's relevant, and I managed to save up much more quickly than I expected, so this would no longer benefit me, but I still think it would be [i]nice[/i] if going back to your old flight was a little bit easier. [quote name="GoldenRust" date="2024-02-18 14:55:44" ] I think everything is expensive here. Most people move flights for different reasons so it's hard to predict why someone would want to change theirs. In my opinion it would be a little bit tricky since everyone could just move flights to kinda cheat... It would be so easy to sabotage other flights and just "check" what they are planning in order to win the dominance So imo it's not that straight forward in this case but i understand your frustration [/quote] Perhaps if you had to make up the cost of the discount the next time you changed flights; ie, going back to your first flight might be 1000g, but switching flights afterwards would cost 2000g instead of 1500g. This would be irrelevant for people who genuinely just want to go back home instead of trying to game the system, but it would even out the ease of switching back for people who are trying to cheat.
Responding to multiple people here because it seems less spammy, but I don't know the etiquette, so let me know if that's a bad way to reply. I also want to reiterate that I'm not saying it should be free or easy, just slightly less hard. I don't know the economy very well so please take the numbers I've mentioned as examples and not as concrete ideas.
RedWillia wrote on 2024-02-18 14:44:20:
M73 wrote on 2024-02-18 10:08:04:

It's unfair... to experience the consequences of your own actions? Presumably the site itself didn't pressure or suggest that you move (as changing flights to get food, an optional thing that you can regain in a day, is a really extreme action I've literally never heard about), so why should it "pay" for you to move back? No support.

I think you've completely misunderstood where I'm making claims and where I'm just describing my feelings in my post. "It's unfair..." No, it feels unfair. I choose my words carefully, and I deliberately refrained from saying this was unfair because I don't actually think it's unfair, I just wanted to describe the way it feels. I also made it very clear elsewhere in my post that I don't think it's the site's job to rescue players from their own decisions. I hope that if you post another response, you will read what I've said more carefully this time. You have taken me in bad faith and spoken to me like I'm trying to get away with something when all I am doing is suggesting something that, had it been implemented already, would have had me coming back to the site much sooner than now.

It would not have just taken me a day to get the food I needed. When you have no hibernal den (because it's 2017), a lair full of COMPLETELY hungry dragons, very low gathering level in every skill, and no funds to buy food or fodder dragons, you can't even grind the coliseum for food. At the time I had no idea you could get food from the coliseum, anyway, and if my friend had told me that, I probably would've played fairgrounds until I could buy three dragons with full energy, but they didn't tell me, and so I didn't know. I also misunderstood the wording of the flight change thing, but that isn't FR's fault, so I didn't mention it before. I only mention it now to help you understand why I changed flights to get food: I thought that you only had to pay the fee if you wanted to change flights again before the cooldown was up. This misunderstanding is obviously my responsibility and should not be taken as evidence supporting this suggestion.

Anyway, I don't think that's relevant, and I managed to save up much more quickly than I expected, so this would no longer benefit me, but I still think it would be nice if going back to your old flight was a little bit easier.
GoldenRust wrote on 2024-02-18 14:55:44:

Perhaps if you had to make up the cost of the discount the next time you changed flights; ie, going back to your first flight might be 1000g, but switching flights afterwards would cost 2000g instead of 1500g. This would be irrelevant for people who genuinely just want to go back home instead of trying to game the system, but it would even out the ease of switching back for people who are trying to cheat.
I'm fine with this as long as the discount can only be applied once, since there'd still be the six month cooldown to keep people from exploiting the system.
I'm fine with this as long as the discount can only be applied once, since there'd still be the six month cooldown to keep people from exploiting the system.
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
honestly support because people and their aesthetics change all the time. i like the idea of a cooldown, and if it was long enough cooldown don’t see how it would be a very efficient way to cheat for dominance?
honestly support because people and their aesthetics change all the time. i like the idea of a cooldown, and if it was long enough cooldown don’t see how it would be a very efficient way to cheat for dominance?

pings r always ok :)
forum games; main dragons are first two tabs or either lair or hibden
That would be kind of useless for me because my "home" flight isn't the flight I signed up with, but there's something here. I think lowering the consequences a bit for a newer player who doesn't perhaps understand what differences a different flight might make yet isn't a terrible thing.

Perhaps there could be one chance to return to your home flight discounted, as your second possible flight change. Afterwards, you lose this chance.
That would be kind of useless for me because my "home" flight isn't the flight I signed up with, but there's something here. I think lowering the consequences a bit for a newer player who doesn't perhaps understand what differences a different flight might make yet isn't a terrible thing.

Perhaps there could be one chance to return to your home flight discounted, as your second possible flight change. Afterwards, you lose this chance.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
Honestly I'm not convinced. I used up my free flight change early because it wasn't clear to me how the eye colours worked and I haaaated that all my earliest baby dergs looked jaundiced. And when I say hated, I mean they kinda nauseated me.

Me joining Light was at least as much of an honest mistake as changing in order to get dragons, so why should any future flight change of mine be more expensive than changing back to my OG flight would be? Lots of people use up their free flight change for all sorts of different reasons, and I'm just not convinced it's actually fair to prioritise one kind of 'mistake' as deserving of a cheaper change than another. It feels like someone who has played the game for a while and actually knows how it works is being treated more leniently than someone who chooses when they are literally just getting started and makes an error they have much less chance to avoid. (I'm not actually planning on changing flight any time soon, but if I did, it would never be to go back to Light, I cannot overstate how much I dislike the yellow eyes. I'm still kinda bummed that my progens will forever have yellow eyes, though I'm glad at least I could vial them so they squick me less.)

If it was making flight changes generally a bit more affordable, I'd be all for it (frankly I think the 6 month cooldown is enough to put most people off abusing it), but I'm just not convinced that making one specific kind of flight change cheaper is fair ¯\_(?)_/¯
Honestly I'm not convinced. I used up my free flight change early because it wasn't clear to me how the eye colours worked and I haaaated that all my earliest baby dergs looked jaundiced. And when I say hated, I mean they kinda nauseated me.

Me joining Light was at least as much of an honest mistake as changing in order to get dragons, so why should any future flight change of mine be more expensive than changing back to my OG flight would be? Lots of people use up their free flight change for all sorts of different reasons, and I'm just not convinced it's actually fair to prioritise one kind of 'mistake' as deserving of a cheaper change than another. It feels like someone who has played the game for a while and actually knows how it works is being treated more leniently than someone who chooses when they are literally just getting started and makes an error they have much less chance to avoid. (I'm not actually planning on changing flight any time soon, but if I did, it would never be to go back to Light, I cannot overstate how much I dislike the yellow eyes. I'm still kinda bummed that my progens will forever have yellow eyes, though I'm glad at least I could vial them so they squick me less.)

If it was making flight changes generally a bit more affordable, I'd be all for it (frankly I think the 6 month cooldown is enough to put most people off abusing it), but I'm just not convinced that making one specific kind of flight change cheaper is fair ¯\_(?)_/¯
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png