Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Familiars are expensive
1 2 3
I was just thinking back to when I started collecting familiars there were a fraction of what there are now, and even the ones that were like 5000T added up quick. Now there are 1200. How do new players even aim to collect them? Its so many!
I was just thinking back to when I started collecting familiars there were a fraction of what there are now, and even the ones that were like 5000T added up quick. Now there are 1200. How do new players even aim to collect them? Its so many!
rSvYfKQ.png MjqG2rA.png QFMsHc3.png
Perm dragons are first page of lair and first two pages of hibden :)
Every now and then I buy familiars that I don't have yet... and every time, I quit at around 5 because I'm losing too much money too quickly xP
Every now and then I buy familiars that I don't have yet... and every time, I quit at around 5 because I'm losing too much money too quickly xP
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
Yeah, I feel bad for newer players and just anyone that decides they want to collect them all now. So many in the gem marketplace to get, ones from cycled events, retired from past festivals and ones from y1-y3 that aren't even in joxbox and the only way to get them is the AH. Sprites especially have shot up in price, I remember when Nature Sprites were only for 500g and now they're 2kg+. So many to get and they're so expensive.
Yeah, I feel bad for newer players and just anyone that decides they want to collect them all now. So many in the gem marketplace to get, ones from cycled events, retired from past festivals and ones from y1-y3 that aren't even in joxbox and the only way to get them is the AH. Sprites especially have shot up in price, I remember when Nature Sprites were only for 500g and now they're 2kg+. So many to get and they're so expensive.
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
I've basically given up on getting the familiars that were retired before I joined. If I win a Roundsey Raffle, I will be very very happy.

As for new players, all the coli familiars other than bosses will be fairly easy to get eventually as they are continuously being dropped over time. Same with marketplace and gem ones. Just gotta save up. It's only those retired ones that aren't in the Joxar chest that are going to be difficult.
I've basically given up on getting the familiars that were retired before I joined. If I win a Roundsey Raffle, I will be very very happy.

As for new players, all the coli familiars other than bosses will be fairly easy to get eventually as they are continuously being dropped over time. Same with marketplace and gem ones. Just gotta save up. It's only those retired ones that aren't in the Joxar chest that are going to be difficult.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
The vast majority you can get for free via the Coli. Plus you get chests from awakening those than have more familiar in them.

There's only a small portion that are difficult or expensive to get
The vast majority you can get for free via the Coli. Plus you get chests from awakening those than have more familiar in them.

There's only a small portion that are difficult or expensive to get
sBdLZtA.png
i don't, really. It's a lot easier to make money these days, and more people mean more copies in circulation. You can get about 900 without much effort. It's when you get to the retired and cycling familiars that it gets to be an issue.
i don't, really. It's a lot easier to make money these days, and more people mean more copies in circulation. You can get about 900 without much effort. It's when you get to the retired and cycling familiars that it gets to be an issue.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
[quote name="shozurei" date="2024-02-19 17:25:47" ] I've basically given up on getting the familiars that were retired before I joined. If I win a Roundsey Raffle, I will be very very happy. As for new players, all the coli familiars other than bosses will be fairly easy to get eventually as they are continuously being dropped over time. Same with marketplace and gem ones. Just gotta save up. It's only those retired ones that aren't in the Joxar chest that are going to be difficult. [/quote] Yeah but even just the ones that are being dropped over time, thats a lot of money just because of how many there are, and when I try to get a specific drop its like the site knows and refuses to give it to me, but maybe thats just my bad luck
shozurei wrote on 2024-02-19 17:25:47:

Yeah but even just the ones that are being dropped over time, thats a lot of money just because of how many there are, and when I try to get a specific drop its like the site knows and refuses to give it to me, but maybe thats just my bad luck
rSvYfKQ.png MjqG2rA.png QFMsHc3.png
Perm dragons are first page of lair and first two pages of hibden :)
It's actually fairly easy and quick to get around 600 of them so long as you do the daily fairgrounds. And then by bonding things speed up even more
It's actually fairly easy and quick to get around 600 of them so long as you do the daily fairgrounds. And then by bonding things speed up even more
thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
A majority of the familiars at the very least can be obtained for free from playing the Coliseum, which only costs time.

Gem market, retired familiars and those cycled to Joxbox must be a huge pain for newer members, though. x_x
A majority of the familiars at the very least can be obtained for free from playing the Coliseum, which only costs time.

Gem market, retired familiars and those cycled to Joxbox must be a huge pain for newer members, though. x_x
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I dunno, I have been playing for 4 months now and I have 700+ familiars, so... I think it's not that hard to get familiars.

Sure, retired familiars are expensive and all that, boss fams are too, but... Well, NotN familiars are 2g each, plenty of coli fams are 2-5g each. That's a loooooot of fams you can get for cheap.

Not to mention the fams you can get on giveaway threads and stuff. Sometimes people sent me full CRs of undiscovered fams in giveaway threads, and it really helped a lot in building my fam collection.

And of course, Iron/Gilded chests can give you even more fams to work with, so... The number goes up with time~
I dunno, I have been playing for 4 months now and I have 700+ familiars, so... I think it's not that hard to get familiars.

Sure, retired familiars are expensive and all that, boss fams are too, but... Well, NotN familiars are 2g each, plenty of coli fams are 2-5g each. That's a loooooot of fams you can get for cheap.

Not to mention the fams you can get on giveaway threads and stuff. Sometimes people sent me full CRs of undiscovered fams in giveaway threads, and it really helped a lot in building my fam collection.

And of course, Iron/Gilded chests can give you even more fams to work with, so... The number goes up with time~
Do you have too many excess hibden items? Join the Hibernal Den gifting thread and help less fortunate people out! And get helped out too in the process!
1 2 3