Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | One of the Roundsey dragons changed
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
Yeah... I'm not really a fan of the new change either. I have Paisley on Roche, and while he isn't really [i]that[/i] bad now, I liked his older appearance a lot better. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90850070][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/908501/90850070_350.png[/img][/url] Before the fix, for comparison: [img]https://imgur.com/1bIrwDq.png[/img] Kinda hoping this becomes like the "Flair on Obelisks" situation.
Yeah... I'm not really a fan of the new change either. I have Paisley on Roche, and while he isn't really that bad now, I liked his older appearance a lot better.
90850070_350.png

Before the fix, for comparison:
1bIrwDq.png

Kinda hoping this becomes like the "Flair on Obelisks" situation.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
i had been sorta stalking the gene error thread since auraboas came out, and that “top-of-the-wing” error and luminosity inconsistency had been reported for a long while now. but that being said, now that the change was implemented… im not sure that i like it more than how it was? :/ not to mention, they went back and really thinned out some of the thicker curves, and i’m Really not a fan of that and i don’t think that potential change was ever stated.
i had been sorta stalking the gene error thread since auraboas came out, and that “top-of-the-wing” error and luminosity inconsistency had been reported for a long while now. but that being said, now that the change was implemented… im not sure that i like it more than how it was? :/ not to mention, they went back and really thinned out some of the thicker curves, and i’m Really not a fan of that and i don’t think that potential change was ever stated.
A drawing of a blue and yellow Spiral dragon (art by me). Click to go to the dragon! | @Quebeal
| ♦ ¤ ——−−--
|
|
| FR +1 DST
| Any pronouns
| My current avatar dragon!
| Hey there! I wish you a great day.
———-Recolored treeshroud icon by yascherritsa. Click for resource thread!
[quote name="Khuzdul" date="2024-02-19 12:35:03" ] [quote name="Gono" date="2024-02-19 12:06:57" ] [quote name="bulrush" date="2024-02-19 10:28:38" ] unless im also forgetting something this is the 3rd time actually, obelisk with flair, butterfly with skydancer and tundra (may be forgetting a breed or two), and now paisley with auraboa [/quote] THREE TIMES???? why do they keep doing this[emoji=skull size=1] [/quote] [center]Well, I know that all three were technically "mistakes." The butterfly one got changed back due to [i]huge[/i] player backlash. They decided to change that one years after buttery's release, and many of peoples favorite dragons were messed up because of it. The Obe one was also similar, though in a shorter time frame. That one also got reverted back for Obes after a poll was made. It was a whole thing >> After looking at the old vs. new, I have to admit.. I really like the old one better. Those top feathers and crest looking so much different and shinier is just amazing. I agree that sometimes "consistency" doesn't always mean "best for the breed/gene." Thankfully I haven't used paisley on any of my auras >> [/quote] i think you misunderstood, i meant why do the devs keep changing genes so drastically when players [i]clearly[/i] don't like it when they do that. my bad since i didn't specify. ^.^ yeah personally i don't like the change either. ancients are meant to have more interesting genes so its a bit confusing why auras version was changed to look like the moderns version of the gene.
Khuzdul wrote on 2024-02-19 12:35:03:
Gono wrote on 2024-02-19 12:06:57:
bulrush wrote on 2024-02-19 10:28:38:
unless im also forgetting something this is the 3rd time actually, obelisk with flair, butterfly with skydancer and tundra (may be forgetting a breed or two), and now paisley with auraboa
THREE TIMES???? why do they keep doing this
Well, I know that all three were technically "mistakes."

The butterfly one got changed back due to huge player backlash. They decided to change that one years after buttery's release, and many of peoples favorite dragons were messed up because of it.

The Obe one was also similar, though in a shorter time frame. That one also got reverted back for Obes after a poll was made. It was a whole thing >>

After looking at the old vs. new, I have to admit.. I really like the old one better. Those top feathers and crest looking so much different and shinier is just amazing. I agree that sometimes "consistency" doesn't always mean "best for the breed/gene."

Thankfully I haven't used paisley on any of my auras >>
i think you misunderstood, i meant why do the devs keep changing genes so drastically when players clearly don't like it when they do that. my bad since i didn't specify. ^.^

yeah personally i don't like the change either. ancients are meant to have more interesting genes so its a bit confusing why auras version was changed to look like the moderns version of the gene.
she/her
autistic
ping pls
fr+8
the main thing this does is lessens my new gene hype bc why scry new genes on old dragons if things might be bugged (and that's not great bc if I wait 6 months to scry I won't change things).

Like oh this one color should have orange highlights but has pink ok that's a single bug. I don't mind this (or even the obsidian fluke from a recent thing over a range of colors)
Vs like whole gene gonna change across the board.(just make a new gene at that point and let us pick (metalloy darkness on light colors)

i haven't looked at auras I gave paisley to yet, it was a gene that I mostly picked bc didn't clash with skins I bought vs the mostly riopa dragons had

still waiting to see if crystalline changes
the main thing this does is lessens my new gene hype bc why scry new genes on old dragons if things might be bugged (and that's not great bc if I wait 6 months to scry I won't change things).

Like oh this one color should have orange highlights but has pink ok that's a single bug. I don't mind this (or even the obsidian fluke from a recent thing over a range of colors)
Vs like whole gene gonna change across the board.(just make a new gene at that point and let us pick (metalloy darkness on light colors)

i haven't looked at auras I gave paisley to yet, it was a gene that I mostly picked bc didn't clash with skins I bought vs the mostly riopa dragons had

[quote name="jbapple" date="2024-02-19 14:48:04" ] still waiting to see if crystalline changes [/quote] For what it's worth they did actually confirm that crystalline's cool tinting and lightening effect is intentional and that crystalline is working as intended. [quote name="Undel" date="2024-02-09 13:12:22" ] Crystalline has a cool tint and a lightening effect by design. This is intentional. [/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/3311704/1#post_56149728]found here[/url] and in the error report thread under "working as intended".
jbapple wrote on 2024-02-19 14:48:04:

For what it's worth they did actually confirm that crystalline's cool tinting and lightening effect is intentional and that crystalline is working as intended.
Undel wrote on 2024-02-09 13:12:22:
Crystalline has a cool tint and a lightening effect by design. This is intentional.
found here and in the error report thread under "working as intended".
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Yeah I saw that crystalline confirmed ok but like at this point do I trust it won't be discovered to be wrong in future? I mean I used the gene bc I liked the icy look but overcast crystalline being that pale makes me wary. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92535056][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/925351/92535056_350.png[/img][/url]
Yeah I saw that crystalline confirmed ok but like at this point do I trust it won't be discovered to be wrong in future?

I mean I used the gene bc I liked the icy look but overcast crystalline being that pale makes me wary.

92535056_350.png
[quote name="Silence1250" date="2024-02-19 10:06:46" ] Yeah, I feel like this is probably going to become another Obelisk Flair situation [/quote] [img]https://j.gifs.com/KeY2xZ.gif[/img] Obelisk flair...2!
Silence1250 wrote on 2024-02-19 10:06:46:
Yeah, I feel like this is probably going to become another Obelisk Flair situation
KeY2xZ.gif
Obelisk flair...2!
DragonIC_Big.png PsychicIC_Big.png
Maybe I'm biased because I figured they'd change the gene to match the others already, but I really do prefer Fern/Paisley auras now rather than before. I like it a lot better now, might actually use it on a project!
Maybe I'm biased because I figured they'd change the gene to match the others already, but I really do prefer Fern/Paisley auras now rather than before. I like it a lot better now, might actually use it on a project!
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
Such an ugly change. Different anatomy from dragon to dragon means each gene needs to be adjusted to account for that anatomy, and a fair way to handle that is embracing the differences, not just slapping a flat texture over a base and moving on. It would be ridiculous if they handled apparel like that, so why would genes be okay?

As I said in a suggestion thread about this, I'm sick of putting in time and money to make dragons look a certain way, only for the genes to be changed "for consistency" (made consistently uglier more like...), and waste everything I put into them. And even for ones I haven't gened yet, I bought them in the first place based on scries I created, and some of them were not cheap!

Stop worrying about "consistency" in things nobody is complaining about; it just gets you unhappy players.
Such an ugly change. Different anatomy from dragon to dragon means each gene needs to be adjusted to account for that anatomy, and a fair way to handle that is embracing the differences, not just slapping a flat texture over a base and moving on. It would be ridiculous if they handled apparel like that, so why would genes be okay?

As I said in a suggestion thread about this, I'm sick of putting in time and money to make dragons look a certain way, only for the genes to be changed "for consistency" (made consistently uglier more like...), and waste everything I put into them. And even for ones I haven't gened yet, I bought them in the first place based on scries I created, and some of them were not cheap!

Stop worrying about "consistency" in things nobody is complaining about; it just gets you unhappy players.
rv0xzcJ.gif wA5lAlD.pngxNTxlcy.jpg
oh no I hate the new version so much :(( I don't like how the gene is one single motif going over the covert to primary/secondary feathers, it kinda looks like a cheap print to me now :/
The shine and accent color were SO GOOD too! Why get rid of it?
oh no I hate the new version so much :(( I don't like how the gene is one single motif going over the covert to primary/secondary feathers, it kinda looks like a cheap print to me now :/
The shine and accent color were SO GOOD too! Why get rid of it?
_______________ _ pipsqueak.png _
_

FR+9
She/her
Not fluent in English
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16